Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Escape

Prologue

by xpurplewolfx 0 reviews

"And Zoe Fox will become one of the many unexplained victims, one of the many who had fallen prey to the city's unknown night preditors..."

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-11-10 - Updated: 2011-12-01 - 880 words - Complete

1Exciting
Author note:- Most characters are based on real-life people, not all are the band members. The way in which the characters behave is in NO way repressentative of their behaviour/personality/character in real-life. Of course, all events are entirely fictional
Thank you and enjoy,xpurplewolfx=)

XxX

The night was cool and crisp, she was alone. The orange glow of the streetlamps illuminated her face. The roar of busy traffic and the echoing barks of dogs filled her ears as she rushed across the pavement, her heels thudding on the concrete. Her long brunette hair rippled in the cold breeze as she took a shortcut down an Alleyway. She had been late home from work and was rushing to get home for the romantic meal that her boyfriend was cooking her. She took out her phone and began to daily her home number. She faltered as she placed the phone to her ear for sure that she had heard something move in the shadows, convincing herself it was a cat she continued to wait for his voice as her phone beeped.

"Zoe", she heard a familiar voice on the other end of her blackberry.

"Aspen, hi! Sorry honey I'm going to be a little late ho- OUCH!", Zoe had just tripped over high heels, causing her foot to be cut on a shard of glass on the floor.

"Zoe, are you alright?",

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just -", but the words died in zoe's mouth and were replaced with a scream as a shape that had been watching from the rooftops swooped down, pinning her to the floor.

"Zoe, what was that?... Are you okay?...Zoe!...ZOE!

The muffled voice called out from the fallen phone. She made an attempt to grab it, but the strong figure's weight made it impossible for her to move. She tried calling out, but a bare hand was placed over her mouth. She looked into cold, cruel blue eyes as the figure parted it's lips revealing unnaturally white and pointed teeth. A muffled screamcame from the girl causing a mirthless laugh to escape the inhuman mouth as it plunged it's teeth into her thin neck. Her eyes widened in shock and pain as the creature of the night devoured her blood.

It drank hungrily not caring for the life it was draining. Zoe tried to cry out again; the hand had now been removed from her face, but a sickening gurgling had replaced her voice.

"ZOE... ZOE!" The phone still screamed a few feet from her

The girl felt very weak as pain continues to engulf her. She was dying and she knew it. Her body was growing limp and as pale as death. She gave a twitch as images of her lover's face passed before her eyes. A terrible rasping sigh left her lips as she closed her eyes. Her world grew black as her conscience fell in into the growing dark abyss which had opened once the teeth pierced her flesh, never to return again.

Once the creature had drunk its fill it stood up and barley glanced at the young girl's blood soaked body as it moved back into the darkness and was swallowed by the shadows.

Nobody had witnessed the killing, no human at least. However, a scruffy black mongrel's was hidden behind a bin in the alley way. It retired from its hiding place and trotted over to the phone which it picked up in its mouth and raced of down an adjacent alley way with a sense of purpose.

The night remained still, none of the passers-by seemed to notice that a bloodied corpse lay mere meters from them. Barely ten minutes had passed since the particular dog had retrieved the phone did a new figure emerge from the black. It was male, due to it's deep breathing, and donned in the silhouette of a trench coat and a trilby hat. The same dog was at his side. He walked over to the body, which he stooped down to inspect. The man growled before speaking to his hound

"Someone's been careless tonight, Kirus... And I think I know who...", The dog looked at it's owner and parted it's lips as if grinning, revealing cruel and glistening canine teeth.

The mysterious man clicked his fingers and immediately two new figures appeared out of nowhere and scooped up Zoe's body, and with a sharp flick of his arm, indicating down the nearest alley way, they disappeared.

The Dog, kirus, Came to heel at the side of his master who gave a contemptuous smirk

"Newbie's... They never learn... But they'll have to at some point, Especially that Leto" He fixed the hat upon his head with his index finger and sauntered off after the ones whom he had summoned, his shaggy dog trotting in his wake.

The Alley way was silent once more with not one indication of the curious events which had taken place in that night. There would be no trace of the body and when the police receive a phone call from a desperate man named Aspen, there will be no evidence and Zoe Fox will become one of the many unexplained victims, one of the many who had fallen prey to the city's unknown night preditors...
Sign up to rate and review this story