Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Forever and Ever Continued....

Original

by MCArmyWife 1 review

A shocking turn of events.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-11-13 - Updated: 2011-11-13 - 3934 words

5Exciting
Anna was blocking the entrance to the ballroom when Marcus and Gerard returned. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the small traces of blood down the front of Gerard’s shirt. “What has happened?”

“Uh, I just went out to find Marcus.” Gerard hedged.

“Marcus.” Anna’s tone held anger.

He copped a cocky attitude to hide his fear. “Hey, Gerard and I were just out having a lovefest. It’s all good now.”

“Jacob has been looking for you.” Anna whispered. “It was noticed you had left.”

“Well here I am.” Marcus said however as he glanced into the room his eyes flashed with anger. “What the fuck is going on?”

“They know the time is near.” Anna said softly.

Marcus glared at her. “You know that’s not what I mean. Why the fuck does it look like they’re getting ready for an inquiry?”

Gerard moved to the side to see around Anna. It was true, a long table had been brought in and was placed so that the chairs faced it. There were several chairs behind the table and near the center of the table on the opposite side sat one lone chair.

“Jacob wanted to speak to you about this.” Anna said quickly.

“It seems your Maker keeps forgetting to tell me things until the last minute.” Marcus ground out. “Where is he?”

Anna turned to see Jacob taking his place behind the table. As he did so the other members of the high council also took their seats. Katherine was seated at his left, however the chair on the right sat empty.

Jacob saw them in the doorway. “Marcus.” He said loud enough to be hear over the other voices. “Please, be seated.” He nodded to the chair beside him.

“This is fucked up.” Marcus growled under his breath.

“Please.” Anna said softly. She placed her hand on his arm then leaned forward to kiss him. “Trust Jacob.” She said against his lips.

Marcus looked deeply into her eyes when she moved back. He forced himself to smile knowing there were many eyes on them.

As Marcus made his way to the table Anna led Gerard over to two empty chairs towards the back of the room.

“What is going on?” He whispered into her ear making it look as if he was nipping at her lobe.

Anna smiled as she nuzzled his neck. “I have no idea.” She whispered. “This happened while you were searching for Marcus.”

Marcus moved behind the table then took his seat next to Jacob. He twisted his body so that those sitting in the chairs could not see his face. “What the fuck is going on?” He whispered.

Jacob also turned his head away from the spectators. “His Excellence’s orders.”

“Who is to be put on trial?” Marcus asked his eyes flashing.

“Not a trial.” Jacob responded turning slightly then laughing to give the appearance to the others he and Marcus were engaged in light conversation.

“I will not tolerate this any further…” Marcus’s voice shook. It was then he noticed that the conversation in the room was diminishing. He was still looking at Jacob’s face and saw that his eyes were drawn to the doorway.

Jacob nodded slightly to Marcus. When Marcus followed his gaze it took every once of his strength not to show emotion. There standing in the doorway, holding on to Carolyn’s arm, was Casey. She wore a long blue satin robe, her red hair fell loosely around her shoulders. As Carolyn moved to bring her into the room it was obvious by Casey’s slow movements she was weak.

When Jacob suddenly stood and began to speak in a loud voice Marcus almost jumped.

“This moment we have all waited for.”

Suddenly those who had not yet realized what was happening turned in their chairs to watch as Carolyn continued to lead Casey into the room.

When Casey stumbled Marcus jumped to his feet. Jacob placed his hand on the Pure’s arm to stop him. Loudly Jacob spoke, “Marcus we all understand your concern. It is obvious your child is weak and hungers.”

Marcus nodded. “Yes, that is my concern.”

Jacob looked over at Katherine who nodded then stood to leave the room. By the time Casey had been seated in the lone chair before the council table Katherine had returned holding a gold goblet.

“Let it be known.” Jacob said still standing. “It was His Excellence’s wish that the Ingredior Utriusque be given the blood at this time.”

Marcus’s mind was reeling. Why was this happening?

Katherine smiled as she handed the goblet to Casey.

“Thank you, Katherine.” Casey said as her shaking hands reached for the drink.

Marcus’s fists were clinched in his lap as he watched. It tore at his heart that as of yet Casey had not made eye contact. She hadn’t looked up until Katherine was standing beside her.

Slowly Casey lifted the goblet and drank deeply. She continued to drink until it was empty.

Marcus had sat back down but his eyes were trained on Casey. As she lowered the goblet she looked up at Marcus. Her topaz eyes locked with his but her face showed no emotion.
“Stand Ingredior Utriusque.” Jacob said as he sat down. “Turn so all can see.”

Casey understood. Still clutching the goblet she stood then turned so those in the room could see her eyes. Immediately the sound of cheering filled the ballroom. Casey stood still until Jacob’s voice quieted the crowd.

“Ingredior Utriusque you have left the mortal world behind to join the Healer world. This decision was one you chose?”

Casey’s voice was strong as she turned to face Jacob. “Yes, it was my desire to join the Healer world.”

Marcus’s face showed no emotion.

“Let it be known to all here that as a Ingredior Utriusque her mind could not be in any way controlled by her Maker. She chose to join our world of her own fee will.” Jacob said looking around the room. “I do not need to stress how monumental this day is for our kind. Never before has a Ingredior Utriusque chosen of their own free will to join our world.”

As Marcus listened to Jacob’s words he was struck by their meaning. Did this mean the Ingredior Utriusque His Excellence had tried to turn had not wanted to become part of the Healer world?

Jacob stared into Casey’s eyes. “Tell us your reason for this decision.”

Casey nodded, “Once learning of the Healer world I felt deep in my soul I was meant to become part of it. I believe Healers were put on this earth by the Supreme Being with a noble charge. We are meant to care for mortals through our gift.”

There was murmuring in the crowd.

“Does anyone here wish to challenge her words?” Jacob asked looking around the room. His question was met with silence.

Jacob once more looked at Casey. “And you welcomed this opportunity? It was your deepest desire to use the Healer gift in this way?”

“Yes, of course.” She answered.

Anna clutched Gerard’s hand tightly feeling the overwhelming fear that was suddenly washing over her Maker.

“Sugar, what is it?” He whispered into her ear.

Anna continued to watch her Maker unable to answer.

Jacob looked around the room a moment then returned his eyes to the Ingredior Utriusque standing before him. “You have no reservations concerning our laws? You understand what we are, what you have become, must always be hidden from the mortals?”

“Yes, of course I understand completely.” Casey answered.

“And you have no regrets for the mortal life you left behind? No sorrow you have lost your mortal nature?” Jacob asked.

Beside him Marcus’s whole body tensed.

Casey looked deeply into Jacob’s eyes a moment then smiled. The silence in the room allowed all to hear her words. “I can not regret a loss I have not suffered.”

Suddenly the room was alive with cries of outrage. Marcus grabbed Jacob’s arm as he jumped to his feet. “Why have you done this?” He growled.

Jacob shook off his hand then said loudly. “Silence.”

The tone of his voice cut through the room. When it was quiet once again he looked at Casey. “Ingredior Utriusque explain. Do you mean to tell us you have not lost your mortal emotions?”

Marcus’s eyes were on Casey pleading with her to stop.

Casey stood tall. “That is true. I now feel the emotions of a Healer while still possessing every mortal emotion from my previous life.”

Again the room exploded with loud outraged voices. However one voice was much more vocal.

Jacob sat down in his chair. Immediately Marcus grabbed his arm. “Why, why have you done this?”

“Marcus, do not lose your control. To do so would mean all is lost.”

“Lost? What? You just issued her a fuckin’ death sentence.”

“Old friend be patient. The truth must be known” Jacob said softly.

Casey stood completely still as those around her continued to speak.

“Jacob.” A voice was suddenly louder than the rest.

All eyes turned as to William who was now standing.

He nodded to his fellow Pures. “As much as it pains me I believe I speak for all in this room.” He glanced around then added. “It is now obvious a Ingredior Utriusque can not be turned.”

Jacob tried to grab Marcus’s arm before the Pure could stand but was unable to stop him.

William smiled at Marcus. “Sorry Marcus, but we all know your child is wrong.”

“Enough.” Jacob said once more coming to his feet. “Silence.”

The room immediately quieted. Jacob turned to William. “It is your belief that the Ingredior Utriusque should not be allowed to continue in our world?”

William gave him a shocked look. “Well of course that is my belief. A belief based on our laws. You know that Jacob.” His eyes looked around the room before adding. “Marcus must destroy his child.”

“You son of a bitch.” Marcus exploded. He started to jump to his feet but Jacob slammed him back in his chair.

“Silence.” Jacob’s eyes flashed. “I demand silence.”

Marcus began to speak but something he saw in Jacob’s eyes made him snap his mouth shut. It was then he noticed movement in the doorway. Several of His Excellence’s men made their way into the room.

“Oh.” Anna whispered seeing what was happening.

Beside her Gerard held her hand tightly as he too watched what was happening.

All in the room bowed their heads as His Excellence slowly made his way towards the table where the council and Marcus sat. However it was the woman walking beside His Excellence who shocked the oldest Pures in the room.

“Jacob.” His Excellence greeted him.

Jacob raised his head, “Excellence.”

The members of the council quickly got to their feet leaving their chairs.

“Jacob, Marcus, please remain seated.” His Excellence said as he neared the table. He and the woman took seats along side the remaining Pures.

“Now then.” His Excellence said in a smooth voice. “I understand the Ingredior Utriusque has been turned but judging from what I heard when we arrived there is some concern?” He turned to stare at William who had taken his seat with is head bowed. “William?”

Slowly William’s head lifted. He was shocked His Excellence was calling on him. “Yes, Your Excellence?”

“Answer my question. You have concerns about the Ingredior Utriusque?”

William nervously nodded. “Yes, Your Excellence. She had admitted she still retains her mortal emotions.”

“And you believe this is reason to terminate her existence?”

William sputtered, “Your Excellence I am basing my opinion on our laws.”

His Excellence stated at him. “Our laws? Tell me William as a Pure I am sure you know the importance of those laws, correct?”

William nodded, “Yes, of course.”

“And you follow those laws?”

William’s eyes flashed uncontrollably. “Yes, Your Excellence.”

His Excellence glanced around the room then asked without looking at William. “So tell me, William, why do you break one of our most important laws?”

There was shocked murmuring in the room.

William’s eyes grew wide. “I am sorry, Your Excellence, I do not understand.”

“Jacob.” His Excellence nodded to the Pure. “Please explain.”

“William it has been brought to the council’s attention that you have been brutally abusing your blood bounds. Do you deny this charge?”

“Oh shit.” Gerard muttered under his breath. Anna immediately squeezed his hand to hush him.

William jumped to his feet. “Who had made such a charge against me?”

His Excellence spoke before Jacob could answer. “I fail to see what difference that could possibly make. Please answer the question. Do you deny abusing mortals?”

“Yes.” William hissed, “I do deny it.”

His Excellence sighed, “It is sad you stand before us and lie. I myself have spoken to one of your blood bounds. Putting aside the fact I do not often speak with mortals I felt it was important.” He suddenly turned to William. “From what I learned you are now standing before me lying about your actions.” He nodded to one of his men who had moved to stand near William. “Take him. We will deal with this matter at a later date.”

William fearing for his existence exploded. “Your Excellence there is a much bigger issue before all of us at the moment. Marcus’s child is wrong, the Ingredior Utriusque was turned wrong, she admitted it before all in this room.” He hoped this would take the focus from him.

Until now the woman seated at His Excellence’s side had remained silent. However now she leaned over and whispered something to His Excellence who nodded.

His Excellence looked at Casey. “Ingredior Utriusque”

She slowly raised her head waiting for him to continue.

“A sample of your blood is required.”

“Of course, Your Excellence.” She answered once more lowering her head.

Marcus glanced away as one of His Excellence’s men stepped forward. Just as had been done with her mother, Casey’s arm was cut and her blood was collected in a small glass. However he was surprised when the glass was placed not before His Excellence but the woman seated at his side.

Slowly she raised the glass to her lips and drank slowly, savoring the taste. Her icy blue eyes turned topaz. Only those at the table heard her whispered. “My brother.”

His Excellence nodded a smile on his face. “Yes.” Slowly he rose to his feet. “Remove him.” He said to his men.

William resisted the hands that grabbed his arms. “Your Excellence I do not understand. Will you simply turn a blind eye to the abomination that stands before you?”

Jacob grabbed Marcus’s arm roughly. “Silence” he whispered knowing the Pure was about to respond to William’s words.

“Abomination?” The woman at His Excellence’s side stood. “You dare call the Ingredior Utriusque an abomination?”

William lowered his head in fear.

Gerard ducked his head lower and whispered “Who is she?”

Anna’s eyes grew wide with fear. She squeezed her husband’s had painfully praying his question has not been heard.

“Raise your heads.” His Excellence demanded of all those in the room. “Look upon she who is known simply as Elizabeth.”

There was a collective gasp. Only a few had until this moment realized how great their honor being in the presence of the Healer world’s oldest Pure.

Gerard’s mind was reeling. He’d of course heard of the legendary Elizabeth but knew little about her. Moving slightly in his seat he tried to get a better look while not disturbing the male Healer seated beside him. Anna seated on his other side was also straining to get a better look.

The male Healer moved allowing Gerard to get a better look. “She is beautiful.” He whispered to Gerard.

Gerard nodded unable to take his eyes off the woman seated at His Excellence’s side. He was shocked by her beauty and by her long white hair. It was the same as Anna’s true color.

“Her skin is like porcelain.”

Gerard turned to the Healer. “Yeah, she’s beautiful.”

“I can not believe we are in her presence.”

“Uh, I’m Gerard.” He said softly extending his hand to the seemingly friendly Healer he’d not met before.

“Miles.” The Healer smiled taking his hand.

Their attention was once more drawn to the front of the room as His Excellence began to speak.

“Take him away.” He said to his men. This time when they moved to take William there was no outburst from the Pure. He knew his fate had been sealed.

“Now then.” His Excellence said looking out at those gathered before him. “I believe judging by many of your reactions all here understand the honor we are afforded this day.” He paused to smile at Elizabeth before continuing. “Only two here, other than myself, have ever shared the great honor of being in Elizabeth’s presence.” His eyes scanned the crowd. “Marilla”.

All eyes turned to see a tall black woman stand. “Your Excellence.” She said softly, “Elizabeth.”

“It has been too long.” Elizabeth said with a nod.

Marilla smiled, “Yes Elizabeth, too long.”

“And Atticus.” His Excellence identified the other Pure who stood and was acknowledged also by Elizabeth warmly.

As both Pures once more took their seats His Excellence looked around the room."And now all of you find yourselves in the presence of Elizabeth our oldest Pure. Let it be known that each of you here was chosen carefully for this honor. All Pures present, except for the one who has been removed, I chose for their outstanding character. You are all honorable Pures who I believe are a credit to our world. Many turned Healers I also choose for the same reason save for the few who are here at the Ingredior Utriusque request.”

The sound of confused mummers filled the room.

“Oh.” Miles exclaimed softly.

Gerard looked over at him. “You know Casey?” He whispered.

Miles smiled, “I had the honor to meet her recently. When I spoke to her…” His voice trailed off as His Excellence began to speak.

“And yet I sense much confusion.” He lifted Elizabeth’s hand and gently kissed it. “So it is Elizabeth, not I, who will explain.”

“Thank you, Jonam.” Elizabeth smiled as he sat down. Slowly her attention turned to those before her. When she got to her feet every set of eyes was on her and there was complete silence. “I stand before all here today for a very special reason.” She paused looking around the room. “And I am filled with such regret.”

Jacob reached under the table to grab Marcus’s arm in warning. It was imperative the Pure remain silent.

“Regret that I am surrounded by my own yet I am a stranger. Regret that I know it is this way because of my own actions. Centuries ago I removed myself from the Healer world. An action done after much thought. I found I could no longer in good conscience be a part of my world.” She smiled sadly. “I am a Pure who lost my faith in our world.”

Gerard tore his eyes away from Elizabeth to look at those around him. Shock covered their faces.

Elizabeth continued. “It is however my love of the Healer world, as we are now known, that brings me here today.”

Beside her His Excellence whispered lowly causing Elizabeth to turn her attention to him. She gently touched his cheek and nodded.

“Jonam, or His Excellence as you call him, has requested I explain my words. When I said ‘the Healer world as we are now known’ I meant simply this…when I was placed on his earth the name Healers was not used to identify us. We were known as The Caretakers.” Again she paused her eyes scanning the crowd. “For that is what we were, what are purpose was, we were caretakers for the mortals.”

She once more turned her attention to His Excellence and they seemed to be communicating without words. When she looked back at those seated before her she smiled, “I beg you all please be patient. There is much I must explain yet where to begin is a daunting task.” Shaking her head slightly she continued, “I am known as simply Elizabeth and from what Jonam has revealed to me I find I am something of a legend. Strange I am known for the last name I chose to use when I still walked amongst the mortals. And yet none here save for Jonam ever knew me use another name.” Her voice grew softer, “A testament to my age.”

Placing her delicate hands on the table Elizabeth continued. “I have walked this earth longer than any here. I am our kinds oldest Pure and this being said I feel great responsibility. For too long I have watched as my kind continue to loose our way. With the birth of each new Pure I held on to hope but….” Her voice grew softer. “When I could take no more I retreated and for that my family I am sorry.”

His Excellence covered one of her hands with his offering silent support.

She smiled down at him a moment then lifted her eyes. “I have failed my kind. But I stand before all of you with new hope.” She sighed, “Again I beg your patience for I know my thoughts seem that of an old woman who can not focus. However I am an old woman.” Standing taller she smiled, “Older than some can imagine. I have walked this earth since the beginning, placed here by the Supreme Being. I am the purest of Pures. I was not born to a mortal, I was simply placed here.”

There was a collective gasp of shock heard round the room.

“What I will share with you has never been heard before. Sadly I realize what I will share should have been heard long before now. The fact it has not weighs heavily on my mind and heart.” Seeing the faces before her she added, “Yes, my heart for though it does not beat all from our world posses one.” A sad look suddenly covered her face. “Once one of my brothers revealed to me he believed Pures were given hearts that did not function so they could be used to store treasures. Perhaps he was right.”

“Brother?” Marcus whispered. Jacob squeezed his leg in warning but it was too late Elizabeth who had heard turned to him.

“Yes, brother.” She nodded. “The Pures who were placed on this earth with me in the beginning were my brothers and sisters. We believed ourselves to be family. I had seven brothers and six sisters. We were the first Pures, the original Pures.”

“Fourteen.” Casey whispered her eyes large.

Elizabeth turned her attention to her. “Yes, Ingredior Utriusque. Fourteen.” She smiled, “Jonam has revealed to me that number first had special meaning to your mother, correct?”

Casey nodded.

“The number has had special meaning to you?”

“Yes.” Casey whispered. “It has had great meaning to me.”

“As well it should.” Elizabeth said softly. “The Pure’s blood that runs through your veins is that of one of my brothers, one of the original fourteen.”
Sign up to rate and review this story