Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Escape

Chapter 5: Provehito In Altum

by xpurplewolfx 0 reviews

This should add a spanner in the works

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-11-13 - Updated: 2011-11-13 - 3534 words - Complete

0Unrated
The blessing of sight returned to him as rough hands removed his blind fold. The men had barely left the cell and locked the door before a gut-wrenching familiar voice cried out:

"Shannon!", it was Jared

"Jared! Jay!", he called back, ecstatic at finally being so close to his brother. His eyes were still adjusting to the gloom.

"What are you doing here?", Jared asked. Shannon was able to see better now. He could just make the outline of his brother out.

"Never mind that, are you okay?", Jared nodded in reply

Both brothers were shackled, their arms above their heads, to the walls opposite each other. The room was not big, but even if they both stretched their legs as much as they could they could barely touch each other's toes

"My god, Shannon, I'm so glad to see you!", They both gave joyous laughs at their reunion, "I thought that Caspian might have gotten to you", Shannon smiled and shook his head, "How on earth did you find out about this place? Or did they take you?",

"Nah, I came here..." Shannon then began to recount what had happened since Jared's disappearence.

"Gerard's here too?", Jared asked, stunned, after Shannon had finished.

"Yeah... I thought you'd know that. What about you though? Caspian said he found you in an alleyway already turned"

Jared gave a derisive snort, "Did he? Lying bastard! It was he who turned me... well Hayley Williams, but she didn't mean it."

"Hayley Williams?", Shannon repeated aghast. It was then that Jared retold his story of events.

"Last night, I decided to try and escape. Hayley had a hair pin in her pocket and I managed to pick the lock... I knew that breaking into those houses would come in handy. I knew that breaking into all those houses would come in handy one day", he smiled, reminiscing when he was younger, "Me and Hayley didn't get very far though, we got caught and put into separate cells... I've been tied like this ever since", He added, shaking the large cuffs on his wrists for effect.

"So... You are defiantly a... vampire?", Shannone asked slowly. Jared nodded solemnly. "Don't worry! We'll find a way to change you back", Shannon reassured his younger sibling.

Both their heads shot up suddenly as a light bulb screwed into the ceiling, which Shannon had not previously noticed, began to flicker until a dusky light filled the room. Shannon was able to look at his brother for the first time in days. He looked awful: Long stubble around his face threatened to become a messy beard, his hair was knotted and dirty. He had lost his shirt and the now grubby jeans he wore had numerous holes. He was thin, very thin and had obviously lost a lot of weight in the short space of time. Bruises and lacerations covered almost every inch of his pallid and waxy skin.

"What the fuck happened to you, Jay?", Shannon breathed in quiet disgust. Jared shrugged nonchalantly; "I became a vampire... and the guards really didn't like my last attempt at going 'AWOL'", he pointed to the angry purple bruises on his face.

"I'll kill him for doing this to you!"

"You'll have to beat me to it", Jared chuckled, "Now what was this you were saying about a rescue mission?"

"Oh, yeah!". Shannon looked up to try to read the watch twisted at an awkward angle on his wrist, "it's... bugger... It's six o'clock now - I think... that means we've got fourteen hours before they put the plan into action.

"Ah, so we've got a lot of time to kill then", Jared smiled.

It was just then that a loud clunking made both men's heads turn to the door, which to their horror, was opening.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It had been two hours since Tomo had returned to the Leto's home. He, Abbie, Leah and the remaining membersof My Chemical Romance - Mikey Way, Ray Toro and Frank Iero - were sitting around the kitchen table. Scraps of paper littering the table top.

"Tomo... Shannon said 8:00 am tomorow morning, didn't he?", Abbie asked as she traced her finger down a piece of paper. Tomo nodded, "Nope, that's not gonna work! I say if he ain't here by 12:00, midnight, we go."

"You sure?", Tomo queried, "That may not be enough time, as he said it's not the getting in... It's the getting out"

"Don't forget, he's gone into a building full of potentially homocidal vampires and god only knows what eles! If we leave him there much longer on his own then he might never come home", Tomo tilted his head side to side as though to agree

"I conquer!", Ray shouted slamming his fist on the table playfully, with a big grin on his face.

"Have you been drinking?", Mikey asked with a raised eyebrow

"Nah! Just excited! I mean Vampires! Actual Vampires! And an actual vampire hide-out! Which we're gonna break into and beat the shit out of them!",

"Is that the actual plan?", Leah asked, "Bash the door down and create havoc until we find them?", Frank nodded

"Well... there's a little more to it than that", Mikey said, pulling out a sheet of paper containing a map. "I managed to find this in that book... It seems a little silly really that Caspian would show us a book with this kind of information". Mikey began to point to different location's on the map. "Down here are the Cells, which is where, I presume Gerard, Jared and Hayley are being held. These are in the tunnels, which you can get to from inside the warehouse... but! I've found something rather interesting -", Mikey moved his hand over to what appeared to be the 'Hollywood' sign "- Look the tunnels almost lead up to here, but I'm willing to bet that there's a secret entrance or something which means we could get into the tunnels from the mountains."

"Micheal James Way, you sir are a genius!", Frank clapped his back.

Tomo looked around and could not help but smile. Abbie and Leah had both tied red material around their foreheads. Their Triad and 'Hurri-key' quickly secured around their necks. They had both smeared war paint and triads onto their faces with neon paint, Tomo also had this painted on his bearded face. Ray had tamed his wild hair into a ponytail, with a cameo-print tie around his forehead, the effect made his resemble Rambo, even more so for the garden earth he had rubbed into his face. Mikey had drawn dark circles of eyeliner on his sockets as had Frank. However, Frank had decided to go bare-chested with a large, black marker spider on his abdomen, whereas Mikey hadretrieved his 'Killjoy' jacket which he now wore. Tomo wore the helmet they had used whilst filming 'This is war'.

"This had better not turn out like your 'SING' video", Tomo commented as Ray pulled on his black 'Jet Star' jacket.

"And I hope it doesn't end up like 'Hurricane' either", Frank laughed, "I do NOT want to be chased by a sledge-hammer wielding Gimp".

When the groups laughter subsided, Tomo decided to get back to business, "Girls, you said you'd round up a few people?"

"Yep, we've sent the message on the internet... and rang a few people", Answered Leah

"It all depends on whether they take up the 'Call To Arms'",

"Cool, well I'm going outside for a minute... fresh air".

Ray placing a hand on his shoulder as he turned to leave, "You alright man?",

Tomo nodded, "Tough day, that's all, I just hope that they're okay...",

He stood on the edge of the balcony, leaning against the balustrade which Jared had painted sky-blue. Tomostared out at the crashing ocean waves. The light was beginning to die out as great droplets of red and purple ink seeped through the sky above like watercolours. He inhaled deeply, listening to the melodic cries of birds. Tomolit a cigarette and began drawing smoke into his lungs, he chuckled, reminiscing all of the futile attempts Jared had made to make him and Shannon quit. Ironically, Jared was the reason he was holding this particular cigarette; he had needed to calm his mind. The sound of what only could be described as a riot moving up the street shattered the blissful silence. He ran to the French doors as the mass of voices and footsteps drew nearer.

"What on earth is that?", Tomo asked breathlessly once he was back inside. As an answer Abbie and Leah swung the front door open and a hundred or so people spilled inside the house. Had Tomo not know better he wouldhave begun to wonder if someone had replaced his tobacco with marijuana. The house was now full to bursting with people. They weaved in and out of each other, buzzing like bees in a hive. All of them were dressed in bright colours, the next person was more unique that the previous. Many had painted their faces or trained their hair intounusual styles.

"I thought you said a 'few people'!", Tomo said exasperated at Abbie who was pouring herself a glass of tap water. She winked at him.

"News spreads. Besides the Echelon wanted to do their bit -", Mikey coughed pointedly, "- Oh yeah, sorry, the '30 seconds to MCRmy'... but that's such a mouthfull", Abbie protested.

"Anyway", Leah chipped in, "As you guys say: 'Don't fuck with the Echelon!' 'cause trust me we will defend you guys!"

Tomo sighed, "This will be the death of me..."

A loud smash brought him to his senses, "Right, now that's enough!", He called over the rucous, but his voice mingled and faded with the hundred others, "Guys! Really! Listen!", This attempted was in vain as well.

"Tomo, if you're going to do anything, you may as well do it properly", Leah sighed as she scrambled onto the counter. She drew a deep breath before screaming:

"EVERYBODY QUIET!"

The din immediately subsided as every head turned towards her and Tomo

"Thank you", She coughed

Tomo was momentarily stunned, "Yes, well-done... Thanks Leah", He smiled, "Right we're gonna go over the plan now but before that some ground rules! Firstly, if I find anything that was previously in this house on eBay, I don't care if it's just a mouldy cornflake I will unleash the Ravenclaws on you! And no going in the bedrooms. Jared's already a vampire as it is, he does not need a list of the contents of his underwear draw on 'Tumblr'."

"What about on Deviant Art?", one girl asked

"Especially not on Deviant Art. I've had the displeasure of discovering Leto-cest and all I can say is that some ofyou guys have twisted minds... Thankfully, I didn't show it to Shannon or Jared...",

"What's the plan then 'ToMOFO'?", queried a mid-teen aged boy whose hair had been fiercely gelled up.

"The plan... follow us and kick some vampire ass! Provehito in altum!"

The crowd punched the air as the shouted back "Provehito in altum"

"What's the real reason you don't want them in the bedrooms?" Abbie asked quietly

"There may or may not be some new songs pinned to the walls", Tomo winked. Both Abbie and Leah gasped.

"B-But you said that you weren't even considering a fourth album yet"

"Yeah, and we've also said that we sacrifice tofu and Jared folds himself in to pretzel knots before gigs and that Shannon has the uncanny ability to shoot blue flames from his palms", Leah shrugged in a 'that's true' manner, "But please don't let that get out!"

"Echelon's promise", They both replied, hands over hearts.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As the orange torch light spilled into the room the instantly recognisable figure of Caspian stood in the doorway. It entered the room followed by the dog, attached to its side like glue. Caspian slammed the door shut behind him.

"Well, this is cozy, don't you agree?", He smirked, receiving a stony glare from both brothers, "Now Jared, don't look at me like that! We go so far back, you and I", His voice feigned a hurt touch and dripped sarcasm. Jared gave a snort

"What do you want, Caspian? If you touch my brother again I swear I'll -", Jared growled, but was cut off by Caspian

"- You'll what, Jared? You're both chained to a wall the last time I looked.", Jared was incandescent with rage, but neither brothers could deny they were both entirely at the mercy of the mad man and his dog. Almost to emphasis this, Caspian reached out and quickly stroked Shannon's cheek with his index finger, who tried in vain to shirk him off.

"Don't you touch him!", Jared screamed. This only exacerbated Caspian's menacing grin and gave Shannon a small slap. Jared actually kicked Caspian's leg in retaliation, earning a deep gouge mark from the dog's swift claws on his already marked chest.

"No Kirus!", His owner cooed, "Not yet",

"'Not yet?'". Parroted Shannon a sliver of anxiety in his voice, "You mean you're going to kill us?"

"Shannon, Shannon... You mortals make me laugh; always jumping to the worst of conclusions..." Caspian started to pace back and forth; not out of nervousness, but contempt. "But I am not here to make small talk nor listen to your petty whining. There is a reason why I am here and I believe that we shall handle that later... for now, however, I being the courteous man that I am felt that you deserved to know exactly why you are here. I guess that you may call me a revolutionary -", Shannon rolled his eyes, "- Mythical Creatures have remained subordinate to you mortals for far too long and I am the one who shall end our repression. Together we will rise up and finally humans will know what it feels like to be chased underground! The revolution is coming, and I shall be at the helm as the fray unfolds -"

"And capturing members of rock bands and turning them into vampires will aid your 'touching' vision how exactly?", Jared asked satirically.

"Who said anything about just vampires? And believe me, I am getting to that! I knew that the best way to execute my plan was to tear the repressers apart from the inside. Of course that would be that patheticorganisation who supposedly 'protect' us. So I became the very head! The leader of 'The Den'! I was left to my own devices and could secretly carry out my plan's right under the government's noses. Gaining more and more support. But I knew that that wouldn't be enough. My men caught a young girl who had wondered too close. She said she had been lost and looking for where your little music video was filmed, before we killed her that is" Jared felt sick and it had very little to do with the trickle of blood that had meandered down to his thighs," So I decided to find out more about 'Thrity Seconds to Mars', and what a blessing it was... Your fans are some of the most passionate and dedicated and I knew that this was what I needed. And then I discovered that you were not alone in this phenomenon: 'My Chemical Romance' fans too shared a burning passion for the band. I knew that if I could harness this power, my goal would be within reach."

"Right I follow you so far... psychopathic lunatic - possibly some sociopath traits - with a dream for taking over the world - pretty bog standard villainous plan really... but how on earth would our Echelon and other fans help?", Shannon asked, eyebrows raised. Caspian brushed off his insults, there were far more important things to discuss, and after all... he would get his revenge soon.

"Well, that is where you come in. You men, as I have said, seem to have a big influence over fans - I saw it with that girl. Your jobs is simple. Your next concert I will be there, as will many of my followers will be too. Your fans will be converted or forced into submission, along with Hayley's and Gerard's... And believe me they WILL be!"

"Wait, wait, wait... I think I've just spotted one flaw in your plan; We won't do it!", Jared's eyes were narrow slits.

Caspian gave a mirthless laugh at his words, "That's why I chose bands whose relationship with their fans is mutual, you are very fond of your Echelon... So your choice will be simple: Obey my commands, or watch as I kill every single one of your beloved fans at that performance", Jared's glare carried enough distaste and poison to kill several men

"You couldn't!", Shannon breathed, appalled.

"You think not?", Caspian laughed, "Making an omelet requires the breaking of eggs... If people must be broken along the way, then so be it."

An icy silence descended upon the small room. Hatred snaked its way though the quite as the three men and dog simply leered at each other, as though seeing who would crack first. Something had been niggling away at the back of Jared's mind.

"Why is it that you took me, Hayley and Gerard only? You didn't even attempt to capture the other band memebers",

"I know how bands work. They can't function without their leader... Beside's you were all either family, or technically so. I know how most humans work... you would do anything to save your own. I just relied on that pack instinct. And so far it seems to be working"

Shannon was still digesting the whole situation. For lack of his better judgement he had still trusted Caspian, believed that he was helping his brother, "So you lied about everything! You said that you were helping Jared! You said that found him in an alley-way already turned into a vampire", Caspian waved a gloved hand airily, "So that's why you put that paper in my pocket, to lure me here in the hope that I would talk to you about saving my brother."

"Paper? What Paper?", Caspian snapped, suddenly serious. Shannon was nonplussed, "... The paper I found after I woke up... 'Until you see, I shall not speak', the phone number and the symbol of the book", Both were staring at each other in confusion

"What are you talking about? I did no such thing",

"I thought you put that book in the library to lure me here..."

"And you were stupid enough to still come", Caspian snorted, "I knew that you would come eventually, why waste energy? Admittedly I was hoping that you'd bring the other one, Tomo with you... But no matter... I will have him too"

"No Please", Jared sounded pitiful, "Please just don't hurt him, or us or anyone else... Just let us go... Change me back. I promise we will help you and you race get better rights!", Caspian gave a bark of laughter

"Nice try... but you lot are vital to my plan", He turned to speak to Kirus, "I think that it is time for the other one to join the family"

"I think so too", The dog spoke again in that same harsh growl. It was impossible to tell who looked more shocked; Jared or Shannon.

"But - It - What - But - Huh?", Jared stuttered

"It can talk!", Shannon spoke for his brother.

"Yes, stupid mortal! I can talk!"

"Now, now Kirus... They at least deserve an explanation. See... Kirus is my brother"

Shannon howled with laughter, "I knew it! That makes you one heck of a 'Son of Bitch', Caspian"

"Silence!", Kirus hissed. It fell; Shannon was not about to disobey a beast which could quite easily kill him with one strike, Jared's injury was minor compared with the brute's true strength.

Upon the nod of his brother's head Kirus began to pad towards Shannon.

"NO!", Jared screamed, but he was too late.

"Oh, maybe I should have mentioned earlier... Kirus, used to be human", Caspian smirked. And with that the dog sunk its teeth, hard, into the flesh of Shannon's immobilised forearm

Shannon had recieved numerous dog bites in his life. Even managed to lose a toe to one, but nothing could compare to this. He felt as though molten 'stinging nettles' had been injected into his bloodstream. Pain Pulsating deeper into his body as his heart beat more and more frantically, shooting to every inch of his being. Scalding and pricking him from inside his own veins. He tried to remain poker-faced, but try as he might he eventually betrayed pain, letting out a cry of agony. Sweat began to flood from his pores, plastering hair to his scalp. His breathing becoming increasingly laboured and all the while he could hear Jared screaming, chain's rattling with his desperateattempts to save his older brother, to stop his pain.

Pain blinded him, the boiling blood pounding in his ears made hearing impossible. Through the agony and darkness Shannon could only pray that the substance flowing though his veins was poison, bringing with it the promise of blissful release from this torture, the promise of death.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story