Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Escape

Chapter 7: Division Will Unite

by xpurplewolfx 0 reviews

...

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Published: 2011-11-13 - Updated: 2011-11-13 - 2162 words - Complete

1Exciting
Caspian tore through the tunnels, almost running. Kirus having to canter behind to keep up whilst furiously being fired questions.


"how many in this army? It can't be many!"


"I don't know, I got the feeling it was a lot though," Caspian snorted


"When are they coming?"


"Again, not sure, they seemed to want to be here at 12:00"


"Hmm, that gives us enough time..."


The tunnel now slopped significantly up, slowing Caspian's pace. They soon reached a door, which was thrown open effortlessly.


It seemed to cower in Caspian's shadow. Man and dog now stood inside the ground floor of warehouse. The door which Jared and Shannon had walked through, visible through the gloom. Caspian walked over and entered his office, Kirus closebehind.


"Capian, please! By the sound of it most of them are just kids. Just don't kill unecessarily! We've had enough ofthat today,"


"You never cease to amaze me Kirus! Who's side are you actually on? 'Cause the way your talking you don't want this to happen!"


"Yours of course, brother -",


"Good! Do not worry yourself, Kirus, I have a plan," Kirus sighed inaudibly, his brother's all consuming thirst for power would soon be his downfall, he was sure of it.


Caspian opened a small draw underneath the desk and pushed a small, black button inside it. A loud blaring alarm screeched through the air. A disembodied scream that filled the catacombs, warning the inhabitants something was wrong, signalling all creatures to come to 'The Dens' head quarters.


"You said that they'll come in through the tunnels. Well they won't have any trouble getting in, but getting out..."


Soon, every creature stood within the warehouse entrance, Caspian stood at his office doorway, animatedly emitting instructions.


Well, almost all creatures.




"What's that?", Hayley cried, covering her ears against the noise. She cowered against her cellmate, his hands too covered his ears, fingers entangled in his dyed red hair.


"Maybe there's an intruder," Gerard Way answered hopefully. The noise had died, but its ghost still lingered in their ears.


Hayley looked up into his deep chocolate eyes. She had been placed in the same cell as him after trying to escape with Jared,


"I'm glad you're here to keep me company,"


"Me too, I just hope he's OK," Gerard knew she was talking about Jared,


"He will be, don't worry... He's strong,"


"But didn't you hear those screams? They were his Gee, I'm sure of it," Hayley shivered. Gerard looked at her with sad eyes, hoping she wasn't right. He had always been close friends with Jared.


He leaned his head against the wall, wondering how on earth he had gotten himself into this mess. He had a vague memory of a club, maybe a phone call and he had stumbled outside for some air, hadn't he? All he was sure of was he woke up alone, with a splitting headache, his throat on fire, covered in blood and in a cell, the cell he was in now, with the body of a young man lying next to him covered him blood.



~~~~~~~~~~~*


"Ooohooohoooooooh, ooohooohoooooooh; Into the night, desperate and broken; the sound of our fight, fartherhas spoken; oohooohoooh"


Tomo would never be quite sure how they had managed to fit the hurricane of humans into two freight trucks, but they did. They all sat in the otherwise empty vehicles, chatting, singing and playing hand games with one another. It seemed that the possible dangers that lay before them had been forgotten and lost to the merriment. Abbie and Leah seemed in their own world, talking and laughing - the word 'notebook' appearing several times. Ray was upfront with the drivers, guffawing with two leather clad man as they steered the wheeled vessel. Frank was with Johnny and Lilly in the truck behind, along with half of the fighters. That left Mikey and Tomo who sat leaning against the truck's side next to Tomo. Both leafed through the book for last minute advise.


The truck began to jar as it moved upwards. The suspension being tested as the wheels crashed against rocks and fell into pot-holes. They had reached the mountain that housed 'The Den'.


Tomo stood up, ready to address the crowd however, he was thrown sideways as the truck lurched, causing a roar ofmalice-less laughter. He coughed as he balanced himself once more, cheeks slightly flushed.


"Right everyone, remeber what team you're on. 'Team A', you're with Frank. 'Team B' with Lilly and Johnny. Just please keep safe,"


Tomo pleaded. One member of the crowd stood up, smile on her face, fist punching the air.


"PROVEHITO IN ALTUM!", She cried through neon green painted lips. All followed suite until the vehicle shook from more than just the engine. A little hatch opened up at the front of the truck. A pair of bovine-brown eyes shone through.


"We're here!", Ray announced, the truck coming to a shudering halt, the engine spluttering as it died. Ray had soon walked around and opened the door.


"Stay together and be quiet," Tomo called as the tie-dye sea crashed towards the open land.


All now stood in the illuminating light of the 'Hollywood' sign.


A small group had begun to search for the concealed entrance to 'The Den', following the map as reference.


The two trucks rolled back down the dirt track, their engines echoing through the night, mingling with the cities traffic.


"Found it", Mikey called excitedly. Indicating that 'The Den's' entrance had been discovered.


"Awesome! Right, 'Team A' go with Frank now," Tomo clapped his hands together and rubbed them.


"'Team A'!", Frank scoffed, "there ain't no way my team is gonna have such a crap name! Imagination guys... 'Team Viper'"


"Team Viper?" Ray smirked "I thought you'd be more 'Team Edward' or 'Team Potter' -"Frank punched his arm "- Ow!"


"okay, okay fine. Frank you can be leader of 'Team Viper'... 'Team B'," Tomo though for a moment, "you can be 'Team Stipe' as in a tiger's stripe," Everyone nodded appreciatively.


"Come on back to business! Frank you and 'Team... Viper' go in! Remember to contact us first sign of trouble or anything, and please, this isn't a game!" Mikey's chocolate eyes dripped concern.


"It's just a new beginning!" one member of the army began to sign, soon ever member joined in. Leah and Abbie's voices distinguishable on top of the others


"But the bottom line it's time to pay, you know you've got it coming... THIS IS WAR!"


~~~~~~~~~~~*



Behind Frank around fifty people crept through the dim tunnels. In his hand he held the only thing that illuminated their surroundings: A plastic torch. No other living creature seemed anywhere near, and whether ir not that comforted or disconcerted Frank he did not know. Withdrawing a black 'walkie-talkie' he placed in ti his mouth. It crackled in to life as he applied pressure in a button.


"'Team Viper' to 'Team Bear'"


"Frank! For the last time I am NOT being 'Team Bear'!" Tomo's distorted voice called out. In the background anotet voice could be heard: Mikey's


"Guys! Does it really matter?"


"Okay, Okay!" Frank cut across, "There is no one here! I mean no one! Seriously... All the torches are out as well, it's like every one has... Dissapeared..."


"... We're coming in then"


~~~~~~~~~~~*



"Ready?" Tomo asked the four others who nodded. They walked behind the gargantuan letters, feet crunching the scrub like gravel, the last team getting smaller and smaller as they stood watching.


"In here," Mikey prompted before running his hand along a foliage covered rock face that had already been significantly uncovered by the previous storm of people. Together they began to move the green mass of leaves and vines, revealing a large hole in the die of the mountain. Tomo entered first, followed by Abbie, Leah, Mikey and Ray.


Frank had been right, it was dark and deserted. The faint moon light had disappeared after the tunnel took the first turn.


Each of them took out a torch, five beacons of light fumbled in the dark. Mikey took out the original map and studied it.


"If we're here... - The cells are by here - then we have to go along here- ," He traced a path with his index finger, " - and through this big room thing... The only problem is is that it is labeled as -,"


"-'Living Quarters'," Tomo breathed as he read the sprawled writing.


"...Shit...," Ray raked his fingers through his hair. Tomo pulled out the 'walkie-talkie' again.


"Frank, come in Frank, it's Tomo,"


"Yerp! I'm here,"


"Have you seen anything yet?"


"Apart from rats and cobwebs, not a soul... Do cobwebs have souls? That would be weird if they did,"


"FRANK! Please, focus! Where are you now?"


"Oh... Er, yes, sorry... Errr, just taken a left, heading for the 'Living Quarters' now,"


"We're heading there now too, but on the path,"


"Right, we'll meet you there then, if everything goes smoothly,"


"KK, over and out," With that the crackling died


"'KK'?" Mikey giggled


"What?" Defended Tomo. Mikey shook his head and patted him


"Come on,"


They descended deeper into the labyrinth, cobwebs and tree roots clawing at their hair and clothes. The light casting anerie celestial glow, juxtaposing the damp, dark underground prison they were held in.


"What's down there, Mikey?" Leah pointed down a smaller 'child' passageway.


"Just a dead end... Come on, we go straight ahead,"


~~~~~~~~~~~*



"This can't be good..." Frank had just reached the almost infinitely large cavern marked 'Living Quarters' on the map. It was empty, devoid of life. He looked around tentatively, hoping that unknown beings would not jump out of the strange orifices made in the rock walls. The mass of Frank's team stood huddled together once all filed in. Some looked determined, others, nervous.


"Someone's coming!" A small red-headed girl squeaked. It took a moment after Frank's body tensed, senses on high-alert, to realise that he recognised the voices. He let out an audible sigh of relief as Tomo's face appeared round the craggy rocks, followed by Ray's, Leah's, Mikey's and Abbies's.


"I just don't get it. There must be something down here!" Mikey looked baffled.


"Exactly, this is, what, the biggest institute for mythical beings... and, nothing, Zilch, zero, Nadda," Frank elaborated


"So what now?" Leah asked.


"We will need to go find them. Frank I dunno what you guys should do... nor the other team, though," Tomo stroked his beard.


"Well, I'm going to find my brother!" Mikey looked fierce.


"What if it's a trap?" Frank asked, concerned. Mikey sighed.


"I don't care, as long as I see him!" He was so close now, needing to speak to him at last. Tomo looked pleased by this,


Mikey's determination multiplying his.


"That's the way, Way," Tomo jumped up, clapping him on the back as he did before half-skipping-half-running backwards towards the other end of the room, "Lets go and find them!" Mikey and Ray ran with him, Leah giggled and Abbie shrugged at Frank as they followed, he was sure he heard Abbie and Leah singing 'The Kill' as they skipped arm in arm.


"Okay, see you later 'Team Bear',"


"Fuck off!" Tomo replied flipping him the bird with his tongue out as they were swallowed by the tunnel to the furthest left.


~~~~~~~~~~~*


"Hurry!"


They were all sprinting down the lifeless passage way. Their torches creating a psychedelic light show in the tunnel; their bodies jarring as they ran. Cheers punctured the panting once the tunnel ended and opened up. A sense of urgency descended now.


There was no room for error or joking, they needed to find those captured and leave before anyone got hurt


"I didn't think there'd be this many cells..." Mikey breathed, horrified. No one else looked please by this discoveryeither. At least fifteen imposing, steel doors were buried at regular intervals into the rock. Ray ran up to one and used his shoulder as a battering ram. Resounding iron thuds filled their ears, but the door did not yield.


"Shit!" He yelled, punching the door, "they could be in any one," ray started to pace around the room, arms open, "GERARD, JARED, HAY-",


"-Quiet," Tomo hissed, hand over Ray's mouth, "You'll wake the dead".


~~~~~~~~~~~*


"Oops... Did I forget to unlock the cells? Silly me," Caspian smirked observing the monitor in front of him. With it he had watched all the events that were unfolded in 'The Den' that night. He had ordered the creatures outside to notbreathe a sound and


they obeyed, locked inside the warehouse's interior. Kirus sat beside Caspian in his office.


"Are you planning on letting them in?"


"Of course," Caspian grinned, watching Ray Toro scream as he now resorted to kicking the iron door and the other's futile attempts to calm him.


Reaching into his desk draw, revealing a control panel akin to that on a space ship, Caspian flicked a small metallic switch,


"There we go, that should spice things up... Get the popcorn, Kirus,"
Sign up to rate and review this story