Categories > Original > Drama > It was only just a dream...

The awakening...

by Hazz 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2011-11-15 - Updated: 2011-11-15 - 1304 words

0Unrated
I must have drifted off again because by the time I awoke the curtains were pulled and there was a sweet smell wafting from what I presumed to be the kitchen. I sat up quickly and looked around my bedroom. I was alone. I pushed the duvet back and got to my feet, finding a clean pair of boxer shorts and pulling them on. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror; I didn't feel to great. My hair was sticking up on one side and I had a terrible headache. I wet my hand under the hot tap and tried to push my hair down into a more presentable style. My hair was not going to lay flat so I gave up and walked through the living room into the kitchen. As I walked through the door there she was again, the girl who who was laying next to me earlier. My heart began pounding again and my palms went sweaty, I tried desperately to breathe it away. She really was beautiful, she was simply dressed in my black batman shirt which made her look so small. Her hair fell in soft ringlets, delicately sitting just above her chest. She picked up a waffle and turned to put it on a plate, stopping halfway as she noticed me. She smiled, and placed the waffle on the plate. She turned to face the counter again, picking up another waffle and said "Morning! I was planning on making you breakfast in bed but.." She trailed off and became silent. She was just staring at me. I felt myself blush and noticed her cheeks had gone a rosy colour as well. I ran my fingers through the right side of my hair and looked down, trying to compose myself. I took a breath and remembered I could talk.
"Thank you, It smells really nice." 'What the hell was that?!' I thought to myself, realising how much of a fool I just sounded. She laughed and carried on placing the waffles on the plates.
"Um, about last night.." she picked up the plate and began walking over to me. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears again, louder with every step she took. "I just wanted to say... I had a really nice time." She handed me the plate and turned around, picking up her plate from the counter. 'What had happened last night?' I asked myself. I smiled at her awkwardly and quickly said "Oh yeah, me too."

I led the way into the lounge and removed some clutter from the coffee table in the centre of the room. I pulled two pillows from the sofa and placed one either side of the table. "I really should get a dining table" I joked, sitting down and picking up a waffle. She laughed and did the same. I awkwardly began nibbling at the waffle, trying to not look like a fool. I decided to turn the TV on to make there some background noise to stop the awkward silence. As I was eating I'd occasionally look over from the TV to the girl sitting opposite me. Our eyes met on a couple of occasions and we both looked away quickly, blushing. 'Pull yourself together!' I thought to myself. 'If she regretted everything she'd have got her stuff together and left straight away.' With that thought running through my mind, I decided to try and make conversation. I quickly finished up my last waffle and leaned back against the sofa. "So..." I began, "Those waffles were really good, thank you. I haven't had home made waffles for a long time." She looked up and smiled, finishing her last mouthful.
"Oh, anytime." She smiled, and leant back onto the sofa and began watching the TV again. I decided I'd try again, to try and kill the awkwardness.
"So where abouts in London do you live?" I looked up at her, her deep brown eyes met mine and I smiled.
"Not too far from here, a small flat near Camden."
"Ah yeah, how long have you lived here then?" I asked, feeling the awkwardness decrease slightly.
"Hmm." She looked at the ceiling and bit her lower lip. I smiled and looked down. "About 6 months I think." I looked back up, our eyes meeting again. "What about you?" She asked.
"3 Days" I laughed a little and picked up the two plates. "So where'd you move from?" I raised my voice a little as I placed the plates on the edge of the kitchen sink.
"I used to live in Suffolk with my parents but moved here to try and become a fashion photographer." I heard her half say, half shout. I walked back into the lounge and sat on the sofa behind her.
"Oh, you're a photographer huh?" I asked whilst crossing my legs on the sofa.
"Yeah, well. Trying to be." She laughed, standing up and stretching. The top she was wearing slightly came up showing a pair of girls boxer shorts. I looked away to stop myself nearly having a fit. She placed herself next to me and pulled one of her legs up onto the sofa. "What about you? Why'd you come here?" she asked.
"Um.." I thought for a few seconds. "I'm not really sure. The life I had back in Bristol wasn't what I wanted at all. I couldn't stand the people for much longer and I thought I'd have a lot more opportunities if I came here..." I trailed off. "Sorry." I laughed and began playing with my fingers.
"No it's fine. You can trust me, It's better not to bottle stuff up." She smiled at me and took my hand, pulling it towards her lap. She began playing with my fingers sending thrills through my body as she did so. I smiled at her and took her advice.
"Well, if you want the truth, my parents got a divorce which kinda screwed my life up. I became unfocused and kinda took my education for granted. The girlfriend I had turned out to be a complete bitch and I had threats coming my way all the time from the guys she was cheating on me with." I stopped, the memories rushing back to me. I blinked them away and turned to her. "God I must sound like a physco" I joked. She smiled and looked me in the eyes.
"You don't. You just sound like you've had a streak of bad luck. I can see why you'd want to get away." We both watched the TV for a few minutes, her fingers still intertwined with mine. I couldn't believe I'd told someone about the problems I hadn't even told my Mum. Someone I hardly knew. I didn't even know her name. 'Oh god' I thought to myself.
"Hey um, I know this sounds really really bad but..." I looked up at her "What's your name?" I frowned, disappointed at myself. 'She probably thinks your a complete twat now.' I looked down and winced slightly realising just how bad that sounded. She turned her head and smiled, dropping my hand in her lap and placing her fingers under my chin. She pulled my head up to face her and said softly "Hey it's fine, I know you were really drunk last night and you probably can't remember what happened-"
"Wait, no. I don't do this whole 'one night stand' thing." I said quickly. "Seriously, I..." She placed a finger over my lips and smiled.
"Neither do I." She said shaking her head softly. "There's something about you Harry." She smiled and let go of my face. She stood up and walked towards my bedroom. "Oh," she said stopping at the door, "and my name's Scarlett"...
Sign up to rate and review this story