Categories > Original > Romance

The Imperfect.

by Thank_MCR 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-11-15 - Updated: 2011-11-16 - 877 words

0Unrated
In the world I lived in, the slightest imperfection made you just that. Imperfect. A spot of red on an otherwise flawless pale face was made into the worst thing possible. Dark hair, instead of the pale, pale blonde that adorned everyone else’s heads, or a non-definite eye color. Not blue, nor brown, nor green. Meaning, hazel eyed babies were wrong. Something was wrong with them. You might be kept, if your parents wanted to keep you, but you might be sent to an Imperfect home. It was like those- what would you call it?- Orphanages. Foster homes. If your parents kept you, you were lucky. You were looked at in disgust and hatred your whole life, even if you were a wonderfully hard worker or fast learner. Disgust and hatred- two emotions that since the revolution of the early 2100’s, were always there. They were horrible sisters that always lurked beneath the surface of your skin, ready to show their ugly faces at any moment. Creativity and art were lost in the revolution. Gone they were now. The world had changed drastically with that revolution. And not for the better. Wars broke out constantly, and everywhere, even though no one would dream of fighting. Dream. Funny. That’s something that didn’t exsist anymore too. Dreams were lost in the revolution. One of the many things I’ve only heard about from grandparents and great-grandparents. They are just a story, told from generation- to- generation. I was labeled as one of them. The Imperfects. I was kept, even thru the dark hair that sprouted from my head, and the hazel irises that were part of my eyes. I was sent to an Imperfect home when I was just 17, and my parents found out the thing that made me even more wrong. I was a confused 17 year old boy, just sent away from the only parents he had ever known, without a reason. I quickly found the reason out in the form of insults. The one I loved.
‘Fag’, ‘Gay-boy’, and ‘Flamer’ were used to address me when people found of my love for Viktor. Viktor was already in an Imperfect home, for his raven hair, and overly pale eyes. I thought him beautiful, but others thought him creepy. I ended up at the same home as him, through a series of events, caused by one home to the next not wanting a homosexual. The home owner, Lisa, knew of Viktor and I’s love, and took me in, seeing as she already had one gay boy living with her.
Lisa, my dearest Lisa, if you see this, thank you. You have been one of the kindest people to me. When Viktor and I broke up the first time, she comforted me, stroking my hair and saying kind words to me.
“He’s just a little off lately.” She said, “He’ll come to his senses soon and beg for you back.” She wiped away my tears. And soon enough, Viktor did come back to me.
“I’m so sorry dear. Please.” He explained in a begging tone, so unlike his honey-and-milk voice. I took him back, but it happened again, only months later. Lisa comforted me once again, and I took him back once again.
I had given up most of my life for this man, I wasn’t going to let him go so easily.
Viktor and I sat outside of the Imperfect home one night. The moon was shining bright, and a few children giggled in the background, playing with each other in the bushes. One little girl, known as Kaya ran up to me.
“Are you and Viktor going to get maaaaaried someday?” The seven-year-old asked with a smile.
“No dear Kaya. I love Viktor with my whole heart, but the government won’t let us get married.” I explained, “Because Viktor and I are both boys.”
“That’s mean. You love each other. Why does it matter if you’re both boys?” She frowned and twisted her nose, freckles dancing.
“It doesn’t to us. But the government think it’s gross…” I smiled, “but that’s ok. I can love Viktor and just not marry him.” I said and pat her back.
“I love you. And Viktor.” She whispered into my ear, cupping her ears on the side of my head.
“I love you too Kaya.” I laughed quietly, “Now go run and play.”
“Okay!” She called, already ten feet away.
“Is it true what you said?” Viktor asked quietly.
“Of course.” I said, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, looking into his pale, pale blue eyes and taking in his beauty. “I love you with all my heart.”
“I love you too.” He sighed before kissing my cheek. I heard a few ‘ewws’ in the background, and a few ‘awws’. I also heard Lisa shushing the ‘ewws’. We shared our love that night, under the moon lit sky, and holding each other close.
It’s a special memory I have, before everything changed. When what we were wasn’t accepted by most, and those who accepted it were one of us.
We are who we have always been.
The Imperfect.
A/N- Will be continued. R&R plz.
Sign up to rate and review this story