Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Death Kills

Death Kills

by DisenchatedDestroya 2 reviews

Gerard's gone. Are Mikey and Frank far behind? May become a two-shot. Read, review, rate and feel my love :P

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-11-13 - Updated: 2011-11-14 - 1127 words - Complete

0Unrated
Death Kills



I’m running. Running so fast that my legs are burning like sinners in hell and my heart is beating so fast that I think it’s about to explode onto the pavement in front of me. But I can’t stop, not yet. Not until I find him. Not until I find my best friend. I just hope I’m not too late. The words from his text are racing through my mind like bullets but have yet to hit their desired target and the tension is killing me almost as much as his heartbreakingly hopeless words.

I’m sorry. So sorry.

Why is he sorry? He’s never done anything bad to anyone! If anything I’m the sorry one, I’m the one who's supposed to be there for him, I'm his best friend for fuck’s sake, and I never noticed that anything was even wrong. Obviously I’d figured out that he was down, but what was I supposed to expect? His big brother, his protector, his third parent, died two weeks ago – he’s hardly going to be happy. I tried to be there for him and I honestly believed that his wounds were starting to heal with the stinging disinfectant that only time can deliver, that my comforting words and midnight phone calls were helping him through it. Losing Gerard hurt me and I only held it together for him, but the thought of losing him is starting to loosen the stitches holding me together. I’m crying now; crying for Gerard, crying for Mikey, crying because I’m not enough to get Mikey through this.

I just can’t take it anymore.

I thought that he was doing better. Obviously not; the text proves otherwise. I was there with him when he got the call. He’d clean passed out, leaving me to hang up on the hospital. When he’d woken up, he’d asked me why I was crying; something that smashed me completely, the fact that I had to smash his frail last hope. He’d hoped it had been some sort of horrible nightmare, but no, the cruel hand of fate had claimed Gerard’s soul for it’s own and had crushed the younger Way’s soul in the process. He’d been at my house at the time, we were having one our famous horror movie and comic book nights to celebrate the start of the summer holidays; it was a cruel and bitter twist that what was meant to be the funnest night ever turned into the night that would change everything, that would ruin Mikey’s life. It’s raining now, almost like Gerard is crying from up in Heaven at seeing his baby brother so lost and broken because of his absence.

I miss him, Frankie. I don’t know how to live without him.

That point I understand. I understand better than anyone. Gerard was like Mikey’s oxygen, like his food and his water; without Gerard, Mikey will die. Unless someone else becomes his oxygen, his food and his water. It’s a near impossible role to fill, like it was a role that only his big brother could fit; but I’ll keep trying to fill that vital role, I have to. I can’t let him die. I just have to find him first, and find him quickly or else there’ll be no role left to fill. The very thought of a world robbed of both the Way brother’s is making my legs function faster, as though my pain and misery is some sort of performance-enhancing drug.

So I won’t. I know you tried, Frankie, and I’m sorry that I wasted you’re time.

He could never waste my time, not even if he tried! Every second spent with him is something that I treasure, and after that text their value has increased tenfold. I had to try, just like I have to succeed; if anything happens to him tonight I’ll never forgive myself. I trusted him; I believed that he was almost okay again; how could I have been so stupid? Of course he’s not o-fucking-kay! People who’ve had their heart ripped out and thrown to the dogs don’t become okay again just because you want them to be; you’re retarded if you think that a collection of comforting, yet somehow meaningless, words can fix a broken heart. I guess I’m a retard. No. I know that I am because I let myself believe that my placations and soothing words could fill the behemoth of a whole left by his big brother.

I’ll miss you. Goodbye xx

I’m almost there now, the place that both my heart and head (somehow working in unison for the first time in their seventeen-year existence) tell me where Mikey will be. The bridge where Gerard’s car crashed into the evil river of hellfire that sucked the life out of his body and left the world a poorer place for it. Thank fuck! I can see him, I can see Mikey Way! I’m not too late!

“Mikey!”

He’s standing on barrier meant to stop people from falling in. His back is to me and I can see it shaking from the force of the sobs that are scorching my tortured ears.

“Go away, Frank! Let me do this.” His voice is resolute and hard, but I can tell that he’s as petrified as I am, as Gerard would be, at seeing him like this.

“No way, Mikes. If you jump, I won’t try to save you because if you have the conviction to do it, then you must really want it and you’re my best friend; if it’s what you really need I won’t keep that from you. But if you jump, I’ll jump too. You kill yourself then you kill me, Mikes. Can you really do that, Mikey? Can you really take someone’s life?”

I’m starting to climb the barrier to prove the sincerity of my words.

I am looking down at hungry water and fear envelopes me so that I am almost deaf to the words coming out of my mouth.

“Count of three, then?”







A/N: I've never really done a proper cliffhanger before, so sorry if it totally sucked. I'm not sure whether to continue this or to leave at as an open-to-interpritation-one-shot, so please tell me what you think. If you want it to carry on, do you want them to die? Do you want them to live? Half and half? Please review to let me know what to do! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story