Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Living a Lie: The Philosopher's Stone

Prologue

by Nooka 0 reviews

What if Harry was a girl? But, due to safety reasons, the Wizarding world thought she was a he? Follow Harry as she attempts to keep her secret in a new, and often strange, world.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-03-03 - Updated: 2006-03-03 - 911 words

2Original
Hello and welcome to the Prologue of my new fic, Living a Lie. I hope you enjoy it enough to leave a review.


Disclaimer: Don't own it. Never have, never will do. Although there are some quotes form the book which I, also, don't own.

Thoughts (generally, I also use it to put emphasis on a word)


Living a Lie: The Philosopher's Stone.

_________________________________________________________


The night was quiet, not a sound was made. It as the sort of quiet one would call the lull before the storm. A life changing quiet that was making people everywhere nervous and a sense of foreboding hung in the air.

Perhaps this was what was making twenty-one year old James Potter pace the sitting room floor of Godric's Hollow and cast nervous looks out of the window every few minutes.

Lily Potter held their sleepy daughter in her arms and was watching her husband pace back and forth in amusement. "James, what are you doing?" she asked with a smile.

He jumped and gave his wife a worried look. "I can't help but feel that something big is going to happen tonight."

Lily rolled her eyes and handed their daughter over to James. "You're just being paranoid, that's what happens when you go into hiding."

James smiled at Lily and ticked his daughter, causing her to giggle. "You're right Lily, as always." He kissed her.

Their little girl said something unintelligible, making them both smile proudly at her. But their smiles fell from their faces and they looked at each other in horror. James handed their daughter over to Lily.

"Lily, he's here! Take her and run!" he grabbed his wand and ran to the door as Lily ran up the stairs to the Portkey.

Lily reached the nursery and grabbed the stuffed toy that was the Portkey. "Marauders." She shouted the password, but nothing happened. She tried again, but with the same result. She began to pace back and forth in attempt to shush her daughter's frightened whimpers. "Shhh...it'll be alright, honey. Daddy'll hold him off."

Suddenly the duelling downstairs stopped and the stairs creaked under a heavy foot. The footsteps came towards the nursery. Lily put her now silent daughter into her cot and stood defensively in front of it. The door opened to reveal a black robed man, he sneered at Lily and she glared back at him in defiance. Voldemort narrowed his eyes and stepped into the room with his wand pointed at Lily, who had hers pointed at him.

"Step aside you foolish girl." He hissed.

"No, take me! Kill me instead!"

He smirked. "Avada Kedavra." He calmly watched Lily Potter fall to the ground, dead. He stepped over the body and looked at the child in the cot. "I'm afraid, young Harry, that I cannot allow you to live." He said in mock sorrow. Voldemort raised his wand. "Avada Kedavra."

The smirk on his face fell and his eyes widened in horror. He opened his mouth to scream, but no sound came forth.

________________________________________________________________


Privet Drive was cloaked in darkness and a hush had settled over the normally orange lit street. Standing in front of number 4 were two people who clearly didn't belong in the normal suburban street. They were dressed in robes, cloaks and the woman was wearing a pointed hat.

Dumbledore took his watch out of his pocket, sighed and looked toward the sky whilst his friend and colleague dabbed her eyes with a handkerchief and sniffed.

"Hagrid's late. I suppose it was he who told you where I'd be, by the way?"

McGonagall nodded. "I don't suppose you're going to tell me why?"

Dumbledore looked grave. "I've come to bring Harry to his Aunt and Uncle."

McGonagall looked shocked. "You don't mean...you can't mean these people?!" she said, gesturing at number 4. "I've been watching them all day! They're the worst sort of Muggles imaginable!"

"They're the only family Harry has left." Dumbledore said soothingly.

"But..." McGonagall was interrupted by the roar of an engine. They looked up to see a huge bearded man coming in to land on a flying motorbike. He turned of the ignition and walked towards them, gently cradling a year old infant in his huge arms.

"Ah Hagrid, no problems I hope?" greeted Dumbledore.

"None 't'all pr'fesser." Dumbledore and McGonagall bent over to get a look at the sleeping child.

McGonagall saw a lightening shaped cut on the child's' forehead and gasped. "Is that where-?"

Dumbledore nodded gravely. "Yes." They all looked sadly at the innocent, slumbering orphan. "Well, give him here Hagrid. We'd better get this over with."

Hagrid handed his precious bundle over with a sniff. He kissed Harry's forehead and sobbed. McGonagall patted his arm sympathetically as Dumbledore set Harry down on the doorstep and placed a letter in the blankets.

They gazed at the warmly wrapped bundle sadly for a minute. "Well." said Dumbledore. "That's that. We've no business staying here. We may as well go and join the celebrations."

They nodded and Hagrid murmured something about returning the bike before setting off. McGonagall sniffed and disappeared with a pop. Dumbledore took out his Put-Outer and clicked it once, releasing the orange lights of the street lamps. He looked at the bundle sadly before Disapparating. "Good luck, Harley Jayne Potter."



_____________________________________________________________

Ok, it's not very long. But this is just the prologue! I can promise you that future chapters will be longer. My average is 5/6 pages.

Please review!

Nooka
Sign up to rate and review this story