Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

"You're gonna be okay Lyn." Gerard re-assured his wife "You're doing amazing." He helped her up to the main desk "Excuse me, my wife's in labour."
"Okay, come this way." The Nurse said, helpin her into a wheel chair.
Lyn-z twisted round to see what Gerard was doing. He was talking to the receptionst. Lyn-z grabbed her stomach and thought about what was about to happen. She was going to give birth! But something didn't feel right. Lyn-z looked down and noticed that blood was leaking out of her, off the chair and leaving a trail right across the floor. The nurse pushing her didn't seem to notice and pushed her into a hospital room.
Things seemed to fast forward for Lyn-z then. She was lying back on the bed, in agony when suddenly the Doctor stood before her "I'm afraid to tell you that your baby is dead."
"What? No!" Lyn-z gasped "I can feel her moving."
"I'm afraid it's true."
Lyn-z cried out and Gerard walked into the room. He smiled at Lyn-z. The nurse was suddenly holding a baby, wrapped in shawls and dripping with blood. She handed the baby to Lyn-z "Congratulations Miss, you've had a beautiful baby girl."


Lyn-z sat bolt upright, waking up from her bad dream. She glanced at her husband who was still fast asleep. Lyn-z looked down at her stomach which she half-expected to have a huge baby bump. But it was flat, as flat as it had been since... Lyn-z didn't want to think about it. She got out of bed and walked into their en-suite bathroom.
Lyn-z looked up into the mirror before splashing her face with water. The house was so silent that we she had no choice but to let her mind wander. "It's your own fault." She mumbled under her breath, tying her hair back into a scruffy ponytail.
Lyn-z continued looking at herself in the mirror and she couldn't help hating what she saw. She was not ugly, she was extremely pretty with bleached blonde hair, hazel eyes and rosy cheeks. Her body was slim because she was on a strict diet that she'd set herself on. Not that she was too bothered about what she looked like now.
She walked back into the bedroom and looked at Gerard. He looked so peaceful while he was sleeping. Lyn-z took a shaky breath when she remember all the pain she must've caused him last year.
Causing her to jump, the alarm clock began ringing extremely loudly. Gerard's eyes fluttered open and he looked at his wife. He sat up "Are you okay?"
Lyn-z nodded. She considered telling him about her bad dream but she didn't want to worry him. She'd been getting them for a while "I've been thinking about it for a while." Lyn-z said, walking over to the bed and sitting down opposite Gerard "You remember that conversation we had with Sister Megan?" Gerard nodded "Well I think we should. You know, adopt."
Gerard ran his fingers through his shoulder-length black hair. Lyn-z looked at her husband and wondered why he was still with her when he could have anyone he wanted. He had pale skin, brown eyes and an adorable lopsided smile. Lyn-z just about melted whenever she saw that smile "Are you sure about this?" Gerard asked "If it's something you wanna do then I'll support you, you know that. But only if you're sure."
"I'm sure." Lyn-z re-assured him "Just trust me, okay?"
Gerard nodded "Do you wanna go wake the kids up?"
Lyn-z stood up and walked into her daughters bedroom. Gabriella was lying flat on her back with her long, straight, black hair spread wildly across the pillow. Gabriella was Lyn-z and Gerard's youngest child, aged seven. She was extremely pretty, enjoyed reading and going for walks. But she was deaf. She could hear a little with her hearing aids in but the rest of the time they had to use sign language.
Lyn-z smiled at her daughter for a second before shaking her gently "C'mon Gabe." She mumbled though she knew her daughter couldn't possibly hear her.
Gabriella's eyes fluttered open and she smiled at her Mother. Lyn-z reached to her bedside table and passed her hearing aids. Gabriella took them off her and placed them into her ears, switching them on. Lyn-z spoke loudly but also used sign language to say "It's time to get up now. I'll go wake your brother."
Gabriella nodded and jumped out of bed. Gabriella was a lot easier to wake up than her brother Ryan was.
Lyn-z tip-toed into Ryan's room. He had kicked the duvets right off of him and was lying on his stomach. His thick brown hair looked a mess and he was snorting extremely loudly. Lyn-z smiled and shook his arm too "Come on Ryan, get up."
Ryan ignored her and rolled over. "Come on Sweetie."
"Leave me alone..." Ryan mumbled sleepily.
"I can't, you've gotta go to school now."
Ryan rubbed his eyes and sat up. He was Gerard and Lyn-z's oldest child, aged eleven years old. "I could just take the day off school." Ryan pointed out "That'd be good for everyone."
"No it wouldn't because then you'd be missing out on important education and it'd just break my heart." Lyn-z grinned, opening Ryan's curtains in an attempt to wake him up.
Ryan groaned and got up to get ready.

The next day was a Saturday. Gerard and Lyn-z left Gabriella and Ryan at home with their Auntie Alicia to look after them. They were on their way to the Catholic girls home. All the girls were raised by nuns like Sister Megan. It was somewhere they'd travelled several times before. Lyn-z kept insisting she was ready but the moment they pulled up outside the building, she chickened out. But she'd made up her mind this time. She was going to go inside.
Gerard stopped the car outside the girls home. Several young couples were walking in, hoping to adopt a little girl. "Are you ready for this?" Gerard asked "I know you feel bad about what happened but this isn't the only solution."
"I'm not going through what I went through again."
"Lyn, Honey, I went through it too." Gerard reminded her.
Lyn-z looked down "I know... But it's different for me Gee."
"I know Baby, I know." Gerard opened the car door "Well if you're sure about this, let's go inside."
Gerard got out the door and shut his car door. Lyn-z sat there for a few moments before taking a deep breath, stepping out of the car and slamming the car door shut loudly to prove that was definenetly going inside.
Gerard smiled at his wifes progress and took her hand. Together they walked up to the building where they were met by Sister Megan "Mr and Mrs Way was it?" She asked with a smile.
Lyn-z blushed "Yes, we're sorry, we meant to come sooner..."
"Oh no, it's okay." Sister Megan nodded "Please come inside. Come and meet the girls."
Sister Megan walked inside and the couple followed her through the building. They all walked into a large room filled with couples or families and about thirty little girls running around.
Gerard glanced at Lyn-z "Oh I was just gonna go use the bathroom... I'll see you in a second."
Lyn-z nodded and watched as her husband left the room.
Gerard sauntered down the corridor and noticed something marked 'Toilet' "Is this the guys or girls?" He asked himself then shrugged and stepped inside. He used the toilet, washed his hands and stepped back into the corridor. Gerard was about to return to his wife when he heard a small, quiet voice singing upstairs.
So instead of walking back to his wife, he began going up the steps to see why there was a girl not joining in the 'party' going on downstairs. Once he was upstairs, he could hear the singing a lot louder. It was in a different language, something that he didn't understand.
"Zawsze sam bez względu na to, kto może przyjść..." The small voice sang. She continued singing the same line over and over again.
Gerard walked silently down the corridor but suddenly the singing stopped. "Come in." A foreign voice called.
Feeling a little awkward, Gerard began walking faster towards the room now that he had permission to go inside. He pushed the door open and peered inside.

Lyn-z tapped her foot inpatiently. She'd been looking at the girls closely for a while but she couldn't find any that she liked. 'That is pretty rude.' She argued sternly in her head 'Judging a bunch of little girls you've never even talked to.'
Sister Megan appeared at Lyn'z's side "So, what are you thinking?"
"Do you know where Gerard is?" Lyn-z avoided the question "He's been in the bathroom a while."
Sister Megan suddenly smiled "I think I know what's taking him so long. Come with me."
The nun took Lyn-z's hand and pulled her through the building, up some stairs and down a corridor until they reached a large room that appeared to be some kind of classroom. Sure enough, there was Gerard in the corner of the room. Sitting next to him was a girl Lyn-z could only see from the back. She wasn't facing Lyn-z because she was too busy painting. All that Lyn-z could see was that this girl was small and thin with long brown hair.
Gerard smiled at Lyn-z and she felt more confident as she strolled over to the two of them "Hey Lyn, this is Emily." Gerard said "Emily, this is my wife Lyn-z."
Emily turned to look at Lyn-z who had sat down next to Gerard. Lyn-z studied Emily a bit more and saw she had silver-blue eyes, no make-up, pale skin and small light freckles across her face. She was also wearing an ankle-length blue dress, ribbons around her wrists and a large ribbon around her neck.
"It's nice to meet you." Emily said in her polite, foreign language.
Lyn-z nodded "It's nice to meet you too. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?"
"Poland." Emily told her.
Lyn-z smiled "Do you speak any polish?"
"Of course, I speak fluent polish." Emily explained then to prove her point, said "Cześć, nazywam się Emilia. That means, my name is Emily."
"Your names Emilia in polish?"
"Yes." Emily turned back to her painting and continued to paint.
Lyn-z continued talking to her "Why are you up here instead of socailising with the other kids?"
"I don't really see the point. None of the parents ever want to adopt me. I'm too different I guess."
Lyn-z and Gerard exchanged a look. They both knew what that look meant. Gerard and Lyn-z definenetly wanted to adopt Emily.
Sign up to rate and review this story