Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

'Cause We All Wanna Party When The Funeral Ends

by frankandmikey 4 reviews

Frank Iero/Mikey Way "He thought about Mikey. Mikey was sort of attractive, he had a slim body and bold shoulders. He looked fit. He was cute."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-11-22 - Updated: 2011-11-22 - 3283 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank kept his eyes on the clock, urgently wanting to get out of stupid Science class and smoke. He looked around him, rolling his eyes at how fucking lame all of them were. Frank was the most popular guy in West Side High School, known for being a ‘party king’. He smoked, took drugs, and was a jerk. All the girls fell for him, like it was some kind of weird magic crap. He hung out with Bob, Ray, and Gerard-- smoking and drinking and having sex with random chicks they hooked up with. He and his group walked the halls as if they ruled the whole fucking school, and they basically did.

Frank worried sometimes, Gerard and Ray graduating just next year, he'd only have Bob, who was great and all, but only have him to hang out with. Of course there was Gerard's younger brother, Mikey, who was in 10th grade like Bob, but he was a wimp. They used to be friends in elementary school, when popularity and sex didn't matter. But in middle school everything changed. Frank got his ass kissed by everyone, and Mikey was shoved into lockers. They stopped talking to each other.

After the seventh grade, he always tried to ignore Mikey, although Gerard tried to convince him that he wasn't that bad. All this thinking made Frank stressed, which was why he smoked. It calmed him.

The bell finally rang, and Frank leaped out of his chair and pushed everyone out of the way to get through the door first. He snatched out a new box of cigarettes and opened them once he was out to the parking lot. Lighting the cigarette, he watched the end smoke for a bit before he inhaled the toxins. He blew out smoke, and waved his other hand through it, so it wouldn't get into his eyes.

*

"Can I borrow your lighter? I left mine on the bus." Frank turned around to see Mikey walking towards him, taking a cigarette out of his pocket.

"Um, sure."

He always felt awkward when talking to a loser, but Mikey was Gerard's brother, and he gave him his lighter. Mikey took the lighter and held the cigarette up to his mouth as he lit the end. Frank watched him, and checked Mikey out. He was wearing his Anthrax shirt that he wore most of the time, jeans, and sneakers. Frank began to zone out when he gazed his eyes upon Mikey's knees. They had always been a little crooked, and Frank had always thought they were cute.

Soon realizing what he was doing, Frank shook his head. "Snap out of it," he told himself. "You're not a fucking faggot."

"Frank?" Mikey was waving the lighter in front of his face. Frank leaped back, coming back to reality."Sorry- I j-just, nothing." he stuttered. His cheeks were red of embarrassment. Mikey smiled. "It's fine. Thanks," Frank took the lighter and watched Mikey take a long drag from the cigarette. He coughed and rubbed his eyes.

For the next five minutes, they were standing side by side smoking, none of them spoke. They didn't know what to say.

"So.." Frank said, throwing down the cigarette and stepping on it. "Did you get any chick's number lately?" he looked up. Mikey sucked his cheeks in, and thought. "No. I'm not that interested in getting in some girl's pants." he shrugged, and threw his cigarette down as well. "...Why?" Frank asked. Who wouldn't want to?

"I'm not interested in girls." Mikey said, and walked back into the school.

*

Mikey's gay? Frank thought, the rest of the day. Did Gerard know? Would Gerard get mad if I beat him up? Would Gerard help me beat him up? Millions of questions were buzzing through Frank's head, and gave him a headache. A hand patted him on the back.

"What's up Frankie?" Gerard asked, ruffling his hand through Frank's hair. Frank sighed of relief when he saw Gerard. Him and Gerard were best friends, they were like brothers. Gerard made him feel safe, in the friendliest way possible. "Nothing much." he shrugged.

Bob and Ray were walking to them. "Dude, I got this girl to show me her tits!" Bob said, excited to share the news. "Bob, we've all seen a chick's boobs, you're overreacting." Gerard said while rubbing his tired eyes. He obviously had been drinking. "You guys never make me feel special." Bob sobbed sarcastically.

*

"Gerard, I have to ask you something," Frank called, running up to Gerard. He was flirting with a girl who looked like she was in her early twenties, and ignored Frank. Frank was getting impatient. "Gerard. We need to talk. Now." The girl rolled her eyes and walked away, annoyed by Frank's presence.

"Damnit Frank," he said sternly. "What do you want?" Frank didn't know how to ask Gerard if he knew Mikey was gay. He felt like puking. "Is Mikey gay?" he blurted out.

Gerard quickly pulled Frank by his shirt collar, to an empty alley.

*

"How'd you find out?" he whispered, letting go of Frank's shirt. Frank's eyes opened wide. He knew? "We were smoking and he brought up something about not being interested in chicks and--"

Frank stopped there to look at Gerard. He had a confused and angry look on his face. "Gerard.. you knew?" Frank asked, a tiny bit of disgust in his voice. "Well, yeah. We're brothers." Gerard snapped back at him. He clenched his fists, and Frank saw his knuckles turn white. "The fuck, Gerard. Mikey's a fucking fag, and-"

Gerard punched Frank in the face.

"Don't call my little brother a fag, Iero." he growled through his teeth. "I-I won't, holy fuck Gerard, my eye is gonna be all puffy and swollen now." Frank put his hand over his throbbing eye, Gerard had punched him hard. "Just watch your mouth, Frank." Gerard said bitterly, and left Frank in the alley, with his hand over his wounded eye.

*

Frank had tried to avoid any contact with Mikey, he didn't want to be near a fa- um, homosexual. He also kept his distance from Gerard, they haven't been so kind to each other after that night. Frank touched his eye again. He winced- it was still really bruised. But his eye was a light purple color now, it was getting better.

He was walking down the hall, out to smoke, and was going out to the parking lot. Before he pressed the door open, he saw two people there already. He tried his best to figure who they were; it was Mikey and this guy named Ryan in 11th grade. What were they doing? Frank squinted his eyes. They were making out. Mikey was grabbing onto the dude's hair, and they were both closing their eyes, lip touching lip. Frank gagged and ran back to class.

*

It had been a month since Frank saw Mikey's gay make out session, but he still wasn't over it. He kept thinking about it, and it sent shivers down his spine. He thought about Mikey. Mikey was sort of attractive, he had a slim body and bold shoulders. He looked fit. He was cute. Frank put his hands on his head and cursed. "Frank, you okay?" Gerard asked, sliding down in the seat next to him. They've gradually became close friends again, and Frank was glad of that. "Um yeah, just a lot of things on my mind." he replied, sliding his hands down his face. Gerard patted his back, to let him know that he was open to talk to him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, come over at my place tonight. I'm having a party." Gerard said with a cool smile. Gerard had the best parties, but he rarely had any because his parents never left the house anymore. "Where are your parents going?" Frank asked, feeling a lot better. "I dunno, I think my mom's friend's mother passed away or something." he replied taking out a cigarette. He was about to light it. "Dude, don't smoke in the fucking school," Frank yelled at him, snatching the cigarette out of Gerard's hands.

"Pussy." Gerard laughed, Frank flipped him off.

*

Frank arrived at Gerard's house around midnight, with a pack of cigarettes and beer. He had to sneak the beer from his refridgerator, leaving his mother wondering where the fuck a 12 pack of beer could've gone.

Ray answered the door. "Finally," he said, taking the alcohol from Frank's hands. Frank walked in the old house. It was hard to see through all the smoke. He took out a cigarette and lit it. There was so many people in the house, probably everybody from the school. He had to squish through people doing drugs and making out to get to Gerard.

"Gerard," Frank called, as he finally found him. Gerard was high and drunk, he was lying on the floor with a beer bottle in his hand. Frank helped him up onto the couch. "Dude... you're completely wasted." he said. "Nghhhhg, Frank.. Frank, I.. I'm glad you came, hahah," Gerard mumbled, his eyes traveling in circles. He knew that Gerard would have the biggest hangover once he woke up the next morning. Frank shook his head and took a beer. He drank the whole bottle and was feeling a bit woozy, but he wasn't drunk yet. He took another beer and walked over to where everybody was.

*

"What's your name?" Frank managed to slip in, while making out with a girl. He tasted her lipgloss, and felt it wiping off on his mouth. "Doesn't matter," she said breathing heavily. Frank laughed. He was drunk.

That was probably the fifth girl he had made out with that night, and the beer he was drinking right now was probably the seventh bottle he had that night. But who was counting? Frank couldn't even think straight. He went upstairs and opened the doors, walking in on couples making out or possibly having sex. "Whoops," he giggled, and walked to the next door. He finally walked into Mikey's room. He recognized the action figures and Iron Maiden posters on the walls, and he slumped onto Mikey's bed.

"Ow!" Mikey yelped, and woke up. Frank had collided into Mikey's shoulder, and it wasn't exactly a massage. He sat up and rubbed his shoulder. "Dude, are you drunk?" he asked. Frank hiccupped. Ignoring the obvious question, he asked,

"What's it like to be gay?"

~

Mikey stared at Frank. The mohawk haircut he had was kind of hot, and his tan skin glowed. He was like this obnoxious but cute puppy, he was so jumpy. "What's it like to be gay?" Frank had asked him. Mikey grabbed Frank's jaw, and pulled closer in. Their lips touched.

~

Frank wasn't expecting Mikey to grab him and kiss him, once he felt Mikey's lips pressed against his, he suddenly wasn't drunk anymore. Frank was freaking out. The kissing soon turned into making out, and Frank didn't stop him. He kind of liked it. They were using tongues now, and Frank leaned in closer and held onto the sides of his neck. It was warm, and nice.

The door flew open and two seniors walked in on Frank and Mikey making out. "Ew, faggots!" one yelled when he say Mikey. Frank turned around. "Whoa, Frank. I didn't know you were gay." the other one was alarmed. Frank panicked. "I-I'm not.. Mikey is! I'm drunk- I don't even know why I'm even up here." he stood up from Mikey's bed and stormed out without looking at Mikey again.

*

It had been an extremely long weekend, well, at least for Frank. Of course word spread that Frank Iero, the popular "sex god" went on first and possibly second base with Mikey Way, the socially awkward loser. Frank wore his hood up to cover up his face. He didn't want to be the outcast faggot. Quickly walking through the halls, Frank felt a grab on his shoulder. He turned around to a fist.

*

Frank's nose was bleeding, blood running down his face and neck, and seeping through his clothes. He was on the floor, almost passed out. "WHAT THE FUCK FRANK!" the person was yelling at him. It was Gerard. "WHY- WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MAKE OUT WITH MIKEY?" he lunged at Frank, and Frank was prepared to be ripped apart by him. Bob and Ray held Gerard back, and he was still trying to run at Frank. Frank stood up slowly and tried to wipe off the blood. People were starting to circle around them. "I didn't mean to-" he started. "'I DIDN'T MEAN TO' MY ASS!" Gerard was kicking at Bob and Ray, and tried lunging at Frank again.

"Stop, Gerard." Mikey went to Gerard and put his hands on his shoulders. "It's not Frank's fault. He was drunk, and he didn't even know what was going on. It's my fault. Stop beating the poor guy up." Gerard's temper went down. "But Mikey, that little homophobic cunt fucking blamed the whole thing on you!" Mikey shook his head. "Just stop, okay?" he helped Gerard get back on his feet. Gerard glared at Frank and the two brothers left. Ray and Bob tried to help get the blood off Frank's face, but it kept bleeding. His blood was the last thing on Frank's mind right now.

*

He felt terrible. Frank felt so alone without Gerard. Bob and Ray started to become more quiet around him, of course he was their best friend, but also the new faggot of the school. Frank skipped school most of the time, he hid in his room and took all different kinds of drugs. He wanted to die.

Frank's mother didn't really care about him, she didn't know he was doing drugs or smoking. "Frank, you need to go to school. You're not going to get an education," she yelled at him one day. Frank looked out the window. He wasn't ready to go out yet. "No, mom. I don't need to go to school. I'd rather much die in my comfy room." Frank's mother was disappointed in Frank. "Whatever pleases you." she spat at him, and left the room.

~

Mikey noticed that Frank had been absent for the past few weeks. He knew that Frank blamed everything on him, but- he felt that Frank liked Mikey a little. Mikey caught Frank staring at him a few times, and Mikey always stared back. He liked Frank a little too. Beyond the homophobic jerk he was, Frank was actually really sweet and cute. Mikey remembered in elementary school, when he and Frank had broken a lightbulb, and Frank hand taken all the blame. He had detention for a week, but didn't really care. He also remembered whenever he was sad, Frank always tried to cheer him up by making him laugh and hugging him. He smiled. Where did that Frankie go?

Mikey looked for Gerard. He wanted them to make up again. "Gee," he called. Gerard turned around and smiled. "Be friends with Frank again." Gerard's smile vanished. He started walking away from Mikey. "C'mon Gerard," Mikey pleaded.

"No."

Mikey crossed his arms. "I'm okay with Frank, you should be too."

~

Frank dragged himself down the stairs. His head was throbbing. It was 3 P.M., and there was a knock at the door. Usually his mother would get it, but she was out grocery shopping or something. He couldn't remember. The person outside knocked a several more times. "I'm coming, I'm coming, calm the fuck down!" he whisper-shouted as he opened the door. It was Gerard.

"G-Gerard," Frank mumbled. Gerard saw Frank's expression. It was filled with self-hate, sadness, and loneliness. He was going through a depression. Gerard walked in and hugged Frank. "I'm sorry Frankie," he said, tears building up in his eyes. Frank smiled. They were friends again.

*

Frank went to school again. He smoked less, and studied more. His mother was right, his education was important. He kind of started over in a way.

“Hey Frankie, wanna come to my party Sunday?” a girl with her boobs practiacally hanging out of her shirt asked Frank one day. He looked at her. The “old” Frank would think that she was ‘hot’. What was wrong with me? “Um, no thanks. There’s a Science test on Monday.” He shrugged and turned on his heel. Frank Iero turned down a party.

~

Gerard woke up Sunday morning with a yawn. He stumbled to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Healthier looking skin glowed and his lips weren’t as chap anymore. Frank had Gerard cut down on drugs, and he felt better. He questioned himself why he even thought of drugging himself anyways. To look cool? -- I don’t know. But it was hard to cut down on smoking. He hid cigarettes from Frank, and smoked them at night, so he wouldn’t worry about Gerard. Of course Frank became more mature and annoying, but Gerard liked it this way. Frank looked happier. He glanced at his box of cigarettes. Just one- this will be my last one ever. For Frankie. Taking one cigarette, he threw the rest of the box out, along with his addiction.

*

“Hey Mikey, tell Frank that I’ll be out for a while,” Gerard opened the door. “He can stay with you, but let him know I’m not here.” Mikey was tuning his bass. He didn’t look up, but he nodded, letting Gerard close the door behind him.

~

Frank zipped up his Misfits hoodie on the way to Gerard’s house. Gerard had promised Frank to teach him more about speed and velocity etc., he just needed one more A on his Science test to pass the 9th grade. December winds kind of annoyed Frank, how they sneaked up on you and put chills down your spine. He regretted cutting the fingers of his skeleton gloves. But, hey, they looked so much cooler. He laughed at himself, and knocked on Gerard’s door.

Mikey opened it. “Oh.. hi Frank,” he mumbled as he put his bass strap to the side of his shoulder. Frank blushed. He had expected Gerard to open the door, and he forgot that Mikey lived with Gerard. Well, duh, they’re brothers. You’re such a moron. “H-hi.” he squeaked. “Um, Gerard isn’t here. He went out for a bit. But you could come in if you want. It’s freezing outside.” Mikey opened the door wider, letting Frank walk in. “Erm, thanks.”

They haven’t really talked to each other after the incident that happened at the party, and they both seemed completely okay with that. Pfft. Yeah right.Frank nervously sat on the living room couch, watching Mikey walk upstairs. He stopped midway. “Um, you wanna come in my room and help tune my bass? I think Gerard has a guitar you can play on somewhere.”

“Sure.”

*

Mikey was sitting on one side of his bed, tuning his bass, and Frank was sitting on the other, lightly strumming Gerard’s old guitar. It hasn’t been used much, Gerard was much better at singing than playing the six stringed instrument. He looked over at Mikey. He was positioned in a hot musician way, like he could be in a professional band. He looked at Mikey’s face. It was the same dorky face from elementary school, but something was different. His jaw was perfect, he was perfect.

Frank thought for a while, and smiled.

“Hey Mikey,” he said, putting the guitar on the bed. Mikey looked away from his bass and at Frank. “What?”

“Homophobia is gay.” And Frank leaned in to kiss Mikey.
Sign up to rate and review this story