Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 19

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

"Finally he broke the silence to ask, 'What happened?'"

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-11-23 - Updated: 2011-11-24 - 510 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Can you come over?” I asked, curled up on my bed, my phone held to my ear, still shaking like a leaf.
“Are you okay?” Gerard asked.
“Can you come over?” I repeated, grinding my teeth together.
“I’ll be over in about ten minutes.”
I hung up, pulling my knees to my chest. Not five minutes later, Gerard let himself in the front door and came upstairs. “Samantha?”
“In here,” I called.
He opened the door, took in my smeared makeup from crying, my stretched-out tee hanging around my waist over my pajama pants, sat on the edge of my bed and pulled me into his lap. He didn’t ask any questions, just kissed my forehead and held me tight. I lay there for what felt like hours, my head on his chest, sobbing, then crying silently, then just silent shivers again. His heart was slower than normal, about five beats a minute. I took time to count.
Finally he broke the silence to ask, “What happened?”
“I went to the mall, and…and he was there.”
“Satan?”
“Yeah. And…he was so incredibly nasty. I sensed the evil. I could feel it…” I felt fear choke off my air again.
He nodded. “Just breathe. Calm down.”
He rubbed my back as I took shaky deep breaths in and out. “He smelled like peppermints,” I muttered.
We laughed together then, and I felt human again. He leaned in and kissed me softly. “How about we watch a movie, just to take your mind off it?”
I nodded. “Okay.”
And so we went downstairs, popped in a deliciously gory horror flick, and curled up on the couch. I was enjoying watching some chick’s arm getting sliced off in some weird machine when I felt Gerard move behind me. “That’s hot,” he murmured, kissing the back of my head. I felt myself smile and rolled over to look at him, but his lips were on mine before I could make any real observation. There was a sense of urgency in the way his arms tightened around me, his lip ring pressing into my lip. Our lips disconnected and his moved up my jaw to my ear, whispering, “He can’t keep us apart,” making me smile.
Then, as usual, my phone rang. I rolled my eyes and let go of him to answer it.
“What?” I mumbled, Gerard pulling my back against his chest.
“You’ll never guess who I saw today!” Tina said.
“I thought I deleted your number,” I frowned, checking my phone to make sure it was working.
She laughed. “You can delete my number all you want. Nothing stops me from talking to my friends.”
I rolled my eyes, laying my head on Gerard’s shoulder. “You’re delusional, Tina. Goodbye.” I dropped my phone in my lap. Gerard sighed in my ear.
“Well there went that moment.”
I laughed. “Maybe if I destroyed my phone we wouldn’t get interrupted.”
He sighed and turned the movie back on. “It doesn’t matter now.”
Sign up to rate and review this story