Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Lillith, the last diclonius

The fall of Lior: part 1

by Lillium-of-the-night 0 reviews

Lillith Langley is a HIGHLY skilled, bright, and not to mention beautiful young girl. But every gem has a flaw: she's the last of her kind: the last diclonius. And once she's jumped the hurdle of c...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2011-11-29 - Updated: 2011-11-30 - 2080 words

0Unrated
When I woke up I bursted upright, a cold sheet of sweat covering my pale, ivory skin.....only to fall off a bar stool with this old guy, Ed, and Al all staring at me like my ass was ripped off and sewed onto my forehead.

"What?"

Ed had a trickle of blood running out of his nose and his face was beat red, getting worse with each passing second. And even if a suit of armor couldn't blush, Als soul filled eyes said it all. Even the old bartenders cheeks were a bit pink, him trying to advert his eyes away from me, suddenly really looking interested in the glass he was cleaning.
I stared at them, puzzled, until I realized why they were all blushing. Upon my grand fall off the bar stool my mini-skirt had decided it wanted to flip backwards to show everyone my lacey, black thong and my sleeveless top had suddenly wanted to get 5 inches lower then it should be and show the entire country my matching black bra aswell.

I blushed madly, quickly fixing my wadrobe malfunction. But instead of immeadietly sending them all to early graves, I got up cooly, as if nothing happened and picked up my toppled over stool that I had been laying in previously and sat next to Ed again. THEN I beat the shit out of them. I knew it was an accident, but it still took them a damn good while to look away.
After I left each of them with a grape fruit sized lump on their heads, Al with a dent, Ed and the bartender continued with their previous conversation.

"A fountain that flows red wine, you guys must be loaded."

The man chuckled, "No, but we do alright."

At the red wine comment I licked my lips, only to earn a jab in my stomach from Ed.

"No." he hissed.

I rolled my eyes as the bartender continued on.

"Oh, I almost forgot."

He reached for a wire hanging from top of the hut, flipping a switch, turning on the radio above Als head and almost simotaniously, an echo of the same broadcast could be heard through out the city. I looked back at the bartender for some explanation, but instead I found him bowing his head in prayer.

"Children of this land, pray in faith that ye may be saved." "As sun lights the day so does the great sun god Leto illuminate thy path and guide thy travels."

Ed turned to me and gave me a 'They can't be serious' look, but I was trying too hard to supress my snickers to pay attention. It's not that I think anything bad of religion, it's just that it seemed unrealistic to me, like a child using a security blanket because theyre scared of the dark.

"Well that's freakish." Ed said with a quirked eyebrow.

"Must be a religious broadcast." Al said.

After finally calming myself I decided to get involved in the conversation.

The man huffed,"Your ones to talk." "Wearing a suit of armor and gloves in the middle of the desert, not to mention what she's we-"

"FINISH THAT SCENTENCE! I DARE YOU TO FINISH THAT GODDAMNED SCENTENCE OLD MAN!!!"

Ed and Al had to both hold me back, barely dodging blows as I squirmed to kick that guys ass. But, hey, you couldn't blame the guy. I mean between Al with all his metal glory, Ed being 15 and still the size of a ten year-old, wearing a red COAT for gods sake, and me being dressed in a black mini-skirt, sleeve-less shirt, combat boots and black hair that went all the way down my mid-back, not to mention that my bangs completely covered up my right eye. The only things that weren't black on me were my pale and creamy skin,-that for some reason, always seemed cold no matter what,-and the eye that WAS showing was as deep blue as a sapphire, matching the heart-shaped sapphire locket that I never took off, ever.
So to say it in short, we weren't exactly made for small desert town conditions.

As Ed continued to finish some orange drink, the bartender made it his mission to piss us off by saying,

"What's your deal anyway?" "Sreet performers?"

I could feel a vein in the side of my head begin to throb while Ed spurted half of his drink on the counter and replied,

"I don't think so pops!" "Do I look like a clown to you?!?"

'This is TOO easy' As if scencing my thoughts he clamped a hand on my mouth and said

"Shut it Lil!"

In return I licked his hand, causing him to immeadietly pull it away, wiping the spit off onto his coat with a grimace. The bartender continued on unfased by our recent interruption.

"Well you must have some reason." "You've traveled out this far."

Ed sighed "We're just tryin to track somethin' down, that's all." "Now, who's this guy, on your air waves?"

The old guy seemed to brighten up, "Why, that's sir Cornello." he said with a smile.

I shrugged nonchalantly, "Doesn't ring a bell."

The old man suddenly got real close in my face and said bewildered,

"WHAT?" "YOUR KIDDING ME!" "YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF THE GREAT PROPHET CORNELLO?!?"

"What's so great about him?"

"He can preform miracles!"

"I've never seen anything like it!",
two men at the end of the bar piped up. Suddenly a crowd began to form around us.

"Father Cornello can even forgive sins!"
'Ugh, these people are starting to give me a migraine!'
Ed, rubbing his temples-obviously getting the same vibe from these people as I did- said,

"Oops!" "I just remembered that we have to be somewhere." He turned to me and Al,

"You ready to split?"

We nodded, but unfortunately, Als height had failed him because when he stood up he knocked over the radio that was right above him.

CRASH!

"Aghh!" the old man howled "Now you've done it buddy!" "What'd you expect wearin that tin suit everywhere!"

Ok, this guy just made my kill list, right after Mustang!
But on the other hand Ed seemed calm about it.

"Dont bust a lung gramps we can fix it." he reassured him.

"How can you, it's in a million peices?"

And at that I grinned.

Al bowed slightly and said, "I'm sorry." he turned to Ed "Shall I brother?"

Ed made a hand gesture and said "The pleasure is all yours."

Soon Al had made a transmutation circle around the damaged radio.

"Whats he doin?" the old man said.

I grinned, "Just sit back and watch, pops."

Then, Al placed his leather hands on the circle, making it illuminate with a blue glow. The crowd and the bartender stood in aw and 2.1 seconds later, the radio was completely assembled and fully functioning. I smiled and sighed in bliss,

"Ahhh, something about transmutation circles just feels nostalgic, ya know?" I said turning to Ed.

He grinned "I know."

Everyone was gasping and whispering around us and soon the crowd grew larger. 'That bartenders jaw is gonna fall off if keeps it hanging like that' I thought.

"This really is a land of profits!" "You can preform miracles just like Cornello!"

I face palmned.

"No, it's nothing like that." Ed defended.

"It's science, were alchemists." I said. "State alchemists actually, not to brag or anything, but were pretty well known." I finished cockily.

"Alchemists'?"

"Never heard of em'."

"I fix things for a living though, you could work for me if you ever need REAL jobs."

My face fell. 'Damn backwards desert city!'

"They don't need work, their Edward Elric and Lillith Langley, the Fullmetal and Thousand Arm alchemists'." "They've became quite the celebrities around East city, they say that they're quite the child prodegies." came a seductive and sultury voice. When I turned to who it was I saw a woman wearing a tan colored cloak sipping on water.
I smirked. 'Damn it's awesome to be recognized'

"Wow!" "A real live famous person!"

"I see, you get the name 'Fullmetal' because you wear that suit of armor."

Instead of surrounding Ed they were mobbing AL! I had to take advantage of this.
I slipped into the crowd making my voice sound real shrill,

"Wow mister, whats it like traveling with that pipsqueak of a younger brother of yours?" "I bet he annoys the hell out of that pretty girl your with, doesn't he?"

Ed was fuming while he stampeded the crowd lookin for 'THE DIRTY BASTARD WHO CALLED HIM SHORT' while I was sitting there feeling depressed and fan-less.
When Ed returned he was sweaty, and his once honey toned skin was now boiling red with anger.

huff huff "I couldn't find- huff -the bastard!"

"Wow Ed, your temper is almost as short as you are." I replied snarkily.

That sent him over the edge. Turnig, he tried to give a roundhouse kick to my stomach, but unfortunately for him, I did a back-flip avoiding it, making sure to upper-cut him with my heel on the landing, making him fall on his ass. But as quickly as he fell, he got up and jabbed, left, right, up, down,-me blocking each and everyone of his blows. Then, suddenly, I took a sucker-punch right to my ribcage, knocking the breath out of me. Thank god that was his flesh hand and not the auto mail one.
Yeah, we fought. But we'd always eventually tie eachother or Al would break us up, but since Al was still being mobbed, the fight would probably last awhile....or so we thought.

"Well it sure is getting exciting around here today."

Both me and Ed turned towards the voice that sounded like soft bells. There stood a a girl who had pink bangs, but had burnett hair. Her skin was coco-brown with her eyes imitating the same color.

"Dont stop, I'd hate to spoil the fun."

Ed looked down at me and I looked up at him(for the first time)then we both blushed, entirely too aware of our positions. Ed WAS straddling my hips, pinning my shoulders down, while I had my hands pressed against his chest. And ONCE AGAIN my mini-skirt failed me. Ed quickly got off me, embarrassment written all over his face. But when he did-for some odd reason- I felt cold and there was a small pang in my chest.
Al had finally escaped from the mob and said,

"No, that's ok." He bowed slightly. "My names Alphonse."

Ed stood up "And my names Edward Elric, the FullMetal alchemist!" he said proudly.

I stood up, dusting myself off,"The name's Lillith Langley, the Thousand Arm alchemist." I said casually.

"Pleased to meet you, my names Rose." she said with a bright smile. The bartender turned towards her smiling.

"Hello Rose, did you finish your shopping for the offerings?"

She nodded "Mhm!"

"Well maybe you could take these travelers to temple with you." "They said they're lookin for somthin', maybe father Cornello could help out, ya know, give them gods grace."

Pfft. Us on Gods good side? That was a laugh. Infact, I had a hard time suppressing a giggle.

"No, no, that's okay!" Al defended.

"Really it's okay, even if you don't have an offering today there's spare rooms for travelers that you could stay in."

Me and Ed exchanged glances, reading his golden eyes I could tell we were thinking the same thing.(for some reason it's been happening often)

Al tried tried to refuse again. "Really it's-

"As a matter of fact," Ed interrupted, "we'd love to take you up on that offer!" "Wouldn't we guys?"

"Mhm!" "We'd love to know more about the great sun god Leto!" I said a little TOO cheerily.

"We would?" said a confused Al.

I elbowed him in the chest-plate, and in about 1.4 seconds later he caught on.

"I mean, WE WOULD!"

I sighed. 'Smooth move Al.' But Rose seemed completely convinced, if not elated.
'Damn it makes me feel bad to take advantage of innocent people.'

"Well then follow me!" she said happily.

We followed closely behind, walking in this damn heat again!

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Meanwhile
.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Rose sure does seem happier." said the bartender

"Yeah, looks like she's finally moved on from her fiancés death."

-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-

Woah, that chapter was loooong. Anyways, be sure to check out chapter 3!
Sign up to rate and review this story