Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan

The police came round to ask some questions. Lyn-z and Gerard answered them all but didn’t ask the kids anything, much to Emily’s delight. When the police investigated, they found Sister Megan’s blood-covered body. They took her body away, asked Lyn-z and Gerard some more questions and then they left.
Lyn-z called the kids down the stairs and that’s when their questions started. “Do you know anything about this?” Lyn-z asked “You aren’t in any kind of trouble. We just want to know if you’ve seen anything suspicious.”
Ryan was silent, remembering Emily and Gabriella coming out of the tree house. Gabriella was silent, remembering Emily knew where a gun was kept. Emily spoke up “Gabriella and I were painting. We didn’t hear or see anything suspicious.”
“Where were you Ryan?”
“I don’t remember.” Ryan admitted “But I don’t remember seeing or hearing anything suspicious either.”
Lyn-z sighed “Okay, go and play then.”
The kids ran upstairs and Lyn-z went over to her computer. She typed in ‘Children with social disorders.’
While Lyn-z was busy researching children like Emily, Emily herself was standing in her room with all the lights off. She kept turning the blue light of the fish tank on and off. Taped to her wall was a large painting of a house. In normal light, the house looked pretty innocent. But in the blue fish tank light, the house was suddenly on fire. Emily smirked at the burning house in front of her.
Lyn-z had been looking up all types of children until finally she took a deep breath and typed in ‘Children who kill’. She flicked through the websites before printing off the research she’d found and took it to show Gerard.
At first Gerard thought Lyn-z was crazy “You do not seriously think that Emily killed Sister Megan, right?”
“Shortly after Sister Megan left, I went to go find Emily and Gabriella.” Lyn-z whispered “They weren’t anywhere in the house so I assumed they were playing in the garden and left them alone. They wouldn’t have been painting outside in the snow.”
“Why wouldn’t they?”
“Who paints with gloves on?” Lyn-z asked “You’re the number one art freak around here and even you don’t like painting outside in the snow. Look at the facts!”
“Then I guess you’re also blaming Gabriella for the murder.”
Lyn-z didn’t know what to say. Gerard nodded at her “Exactly. You’re very quick to blame Emily but you can’t blame your own daughter.”
“Gerard, I know it’s crazy to think that a child could’ve committed such a crime.” Lyn-z sat down opposite him at the table “But like I’ve already said – What do we really know about her?”
“If you’re really that worried about Emily then call Sister Amelia.” Gerard said “And ask her to look up her past and stuff like that. Get her to find out what orphanage she went to Poland and contact them if it’ll set your mind at ease.”
“Maybe I will.” Lyn-z pouted “But tonight’s the night that we agreed to take Emily to my therapist.”
“I’d better phone Mikey to come look after the kids then.”

“You know what to do if Gabriella starts crying right?” Lyn-z asked Mikey “And you know how handle Ryan if he starts playing up?”
“We’ve been over this three thousand times.” Mikey smiled “Look, just go. You’re gonna miss your appointment. I know what to do. Bye!”
“Bye!” When Lyn-z got to the door, she turned back and asked “You know my number right in case something…”
Mikey walked over, shooed her out the door and closed it quickly behind her. Lyn-z rolled her eyes and got into the car “Are you nervous?” She asked Emily.
Emily shook her head “No. What’s there to be worried about?”
“Nothing I guess. Some kids would just be nervous.” Lyn-z admitted.
Gerard glanced at his wife “Don’t get her all worked up Lyn.”

“What do you think of Emily?” Mikey asked Ryan.
Ryan shrugged his shoulders “She’s taken some getting used to. But I guess she’s okay.”
“Really? Come on Ryan, you can tell me anything.” Mikey nudged Ryan “Don’t tell her I told you this but I think she’s kinda weird.”
“You have no idea!” Ryan suddenly smiled “She carries round a bible with her. And she never takes off those stupid ribbons. And she k-“ Ryan stopped talking.
They were both silent “What did she do Ryan?”
“It doesn’t matter.”
“Yes it does. Come on, tell me.”
“Well…” Ryan told him what had happened with the pigeon.
Mikey nodded “Why didn’t you guys just show your Mom or Dad the pigeon?”
“Emily said it would be the best idea.” Ryan admitted “Don’t tell Mom or Dad! Please!”
“Maybe it’d be best if they knew. They could talk to Emily…”
“No!” Ryan snapped “No, don’t tell them! Please, you don’t understand.”
Mikey stood up “I’m sorry Ryan, I’m sorry.” And then he ran out of the room.

The next morning Lyn-z drove Ryan and Gabriella to school while Gerard stayed at home to wake up Emily for the dentist. “Emily?” He called, walking into her room “Emily, it’s time to get up.”
It didn’t look like Emily was in her bed; the duvet was in a huge bundle and her pillow had no head on. “Emily Sweetie?” He walked over to the bed. Suddenly Emily popped out the duvet, making Gerard jump “Okay, you got me!” Gerard laughed, sitting down next to her “Are you ready to go?”
“I don’t want to go to the dentist.”
“Why not? Are you scared?” Gerard teased.
Emily shook her head “No. I just don’t want to go.”
Gerard looked at her then sighed “Okay fine. But you’re going next time.” Emily grinned “If you want I’ll even let you play hooky from school this morning. Do you wanna paint with me?”
Emily nodded and the two of them went down to Gerard’s art studio. Emily started painting Gerard and Gerard painted more for his comic “I like it when it’s just you and me.” Emily said “I don’t think Mommy likes me very much.”
Gerard looked up from his drawing. Last night the therapist had told him and Lyn-z that there was some space between Lyn-z and Emily. The therapist said Emily felt she was trying to open up but Lyn-z was pushing her away. Lyn-z, of course, had disagreed which just irritated Gerard.
He sighed “Of course she likes you. And she loves you. We all love you Emily.”
“Well you do. And so does Gabriella. Maybe Ryan is starting to. But Mommy doesn’t.”
“Maybe you should do something nice for Mommy.” Gerard smiled “Make her realise that you love her.”
Emily smiled and nodded, knowing what she was going to do.

“Mommy!” Emily called.
Lyn-z was in the kitchen, doing the drying up. Emily skipped into the kitchen with her hands behind her back “Mommy, I have a present for you!” Emily smiled.
Her Mother turned to look at her and Emily produced what was behind her back… A large handful of white roses, freshly picked.
Lyn-z’s mouth dropped open as she stared down at her. “How could you do that?” Lyn-z suddenly screamed, reaching for the roses.
Emily pulled away the roses, her grin increasing at how agitated Lyn-z was getting. So Lyn-z grabbed at the roses again, knocking Emily to the floor.
She grabbed Emily’s arm and took the roses off her “Ouch!” Emily cried “Mommy, you’re hurting me!” Lyn-z was so angry that she didn’t let go “Daddy! Daddy!”
Gerard ran in “Lyn, get off her! Come on!”
Lyn-z let go and stood up. Emily got to her feet and ran out the room as fast as she could. “How could she do that?” Lyn-z sobbed, looking at the white roses spread across the floor.
Gerard put his arm round her “No, this is my fault, I told her to do something special for you…”
“No, I told her what these roses meant to me!” Lyn-z got to her feet and ran to the green house. She’d tried to prepare herself for the sight she was about to see, but it still came as a shock. Jessica’s plant was now all over Lyn-z’s kitchen floor.
Sign up to rate and review this story