Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Don't Forget Me

Prolouge

by Stormwolf 0 reviews

Axel/Roxasness. ^^ I do not own Roxas or Axel or Kingdom Hearts or The Sight. xD Wish I did. *Fan girl grin* But I don't. Also, this is one of my first Shônen-ai fics. And please, no flamers.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-06-19 - Updated: 2006-06-19 - 612 words

0Unrated
Don't Forget Me
Kingdom Hearts fan fiction

Prolouge

The courtyard of a vast, ruined castle, from whose tall, black windows came no ray of light, and whose broken battlements showed a jagged line against the sky.
- Bram Stoker, Dracula


Roxas stood in the room, his back against the wall. His eyes were closed and he seemed to be thinking. It was dead silence in the empty space. He pulled his hood over his head and slid against the wall till he sat on the floor. Why did this keyblade choose me? Why do I have it? What's my purpose? Or do I not even have one?

Demyx entered the room and grinned coldly when he saw Roxas sulking. "Aw. Is the wittlest member sad?" he said, mockingly.

Roxas looked up, and glared at him blankly.

"Holy crap," Demyx smirked. "They weren't kidding when they said you were the most expressionless member here. Heh. Too bad I can't bully you that much. The Organization said they might have plans for you." With this, he turned and walked out of the room.

Roxas watched him go. Plans? he thought. Confused, Roxas soon became tired and drifted into a deep sleep. He later awoke when he felt someone nudging him with his foot. He gritted his teeth, pulling his hood farther over his face. "Go away!" he muttered. The blonde-haired boy, being new to the Organization, was afraid another one of the members had come to make fun of him.

"Hmph. What's your problem?" the member replied. "It's not like I came to pick on you like I'm sure Demyx already did. I just wanted to see the newest member, is all."

Roxas stayed where he was on the floor, still holding his hood over his face. "Just leave me alone, ok?"

"You don't trust me?" the voice answered. When Roxas didn't reply, the order member kneeled down to pull his hood away.

Roxas slowly opened his eyes to see him. He looked up to see a young man with spikey red hair. Roxas guessed he was probably either 18 or 19. He then looked into his dark green eyes and blinked, looking blankly at him.

"Kind of quiet, huh?" he said to Roxas after a moment. "Anyway, my name's Axel. Got it memorized?"

"I'm...Roxas," the boy answered.

"Roxas," Axel repeated. "So...are you gonna get up today, Roxas?"

"Huh? Oh. Right. Yeah..." Roxas said, letting Axel help him up. "So...that guy earlier...his name is Demyx?"

Axel nodded. "Yeah. Annoying, isn't he?"

The boy nodded but his face was still expressionless. "Who else is part of the Organization?

"You, me, Xemnus, Xigbar, Xaldin, Demyx, Luxord, Saix, Zexion, Lexaeus, Vexen, Marluxia, and Larxene. Hmph. Stay away from Marluxia and Larxene. Other than Demyx, they too aren't the 'nicest' of the Organization. Think you can get all that memorized?" Axel asked.


"I guess so," Roxas said grimly.

"Why are you so...like that?"

"Like what?" the boy asked, looking up at him, his eyes showing no emotion whatsoever.

"That! Like that," Axel said, pointing at his face. "Did you ever...laugh before...or smile?"

"I don't...remember," Roxas said solemnly.

"Hmm..." Axel thought for a moment before saying, "well...what about...friends? Did you ever have a friend before?"

Roxas shook his head.

Axel grinned and for once, he didn't think he hated everyone in the world and the Organization. This new kid seemed pretty different than the rest-- like he could actually get along with him. His green eyes softened. "Same here," he replied. "But...I'll be your friend."

Roxas looked up at this and for probably the first time in his life, he smiled...
Sign up to rate and review this story