Categories > Books > Harry Potter

How to save a life.

by AgentEpidemic 1 review

Its all over. The war is over. but at what price? Dramione

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Draco - Published: 2011-12-10 - Updated: 2011-12-10 - 1006 words

0TrainWreck
Draco had cornered Hermione when she left the Great Hall wiping her eyes, determined not to let tears grace her face again. He was hiding just round a corner and when he saw her, he grabbed her and slammed he against the wall, she was about to start screaming until she saw who it was. She was about to demand to know what he was doing, but he beat her to it.
“It’s you.” He breathed. “It was always you.” Hermione scanned his face, looking for some form of insincerity, some form maliciousness, some sign that any minute he was going to burst out laughing, but all that played on his face was sadness and fear. His eyes swam with tears.
“Draco, why are you doing thing now? Why now? Why?” Hermione said desperately. “Why, after all we’ve been through would you tell me now?” She searched his face for some sort of emotion other than pain and fear. He gazed into her eyes and shrugged.
“I figured it’s now or never Granger. I think I’m going to die tonight Granger.” He took a deep breath. “If Voldemort doesn’t do it, someone else will. I’m going to die tonight and I knew I had to tell you how I felt.” Then he turned and walked away.
“Draco! No! You won’t die! Draco!” but he carried on walking. She couldn’t save Draco anymore then she could stop Harry being the hero.
She only realized that now, as she stood facing Voldemort and the Deatheaters while Harry lay dead in Hagrid’s arms. She wasn’t particularly sure why she had been thinking about when Draco, but then again, as she looked at Harry’s lifeless face, she wasn’t really sure of anything anymore.
Voldemort was speaking. Of that she was sure. His lips were moving, but it was like there was a large roaring noise in her ears, she could only hear her own voice in her head… Then she felt a soft hand brush her arm as they pushed her aside. She looked up and saw Draco, his eyes were red and he was scarred and cut. He was joining them. He looked at Hermione as he walked pass. “Always.” He mouthed at her. For a split second she was mad, steaming. Then she saw where he was heading. His parents stood across, his mother staring pleadingly, looking like her heart had been ripped out her chest, stamped on and ripped in two. Then his father, looking tired and worn, staring at his son with such longing and fondness it hurt. Hermione knew why he had joined them now. He had to be with his parents. She couldn’t hate him for that.
Then everything happened at once, Neville stepped forward and started to shout. Voldemort laughed, Neville produced the Sword of Gryffindor out of nowhere and sliced of Nagini’s head. Then the impossible happened. Harry twitched and rolled out of Hagrid’s arms. Then Draco began running toward him.
“Potter!” He screamed, throwing his wand to him. Hermione didn’t know where to look. Draco’s parents shouted for him to come back, but he never had the chance. Bellatrix stepped forward and pointed her want to Draco.
“Crucio!” Draco was twitching violently on the floor and Harry was duelling Voldemort and the war had continued. Hermione saw friends and people she thought of as family running toward people who would kill them and spit on their corpses without a second thought. She started running, she noticed Draco’s mother disarming Bellatrix and then, as if forgetting she was a witch, she pounced on her sister and attacked her. She had changed her course to help Draco who was still on the floor twitching as an aftershock of the curse but Greyback stepped in front of her, smirking.
“The pretty little mudblood’s back.” Hermione sneered and drew her wand.
“Get out of my way Greyback.” He laughed. “Greyback,” her tone dangerous and her hand shaking. “I don’t care if I hurt you anymore. If I have too, I’ll kill you.” Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Bellatrix push Narcissa off her and shoot the Crucio curse at Harry, who narrowly dodged it. Ginny stepped forward and they began to duel.
“And what will you do?” He barked. “You’re a filthy mudblood. There’s nothing you can do. You are nothing. You couldn’t curse me if you-“
“Petrificus Totalus!” The young witch screamed. She had enough. Behind Greyback she could see Bellatrix fire the killing curse at Ginny making Mrs Weasley step in and start to duel with Bellatrix to the death and Draco had got up and he was duelling with a Deatheaters Hermione had never seen before. His parents in the distance duelling some other unknown Deatheaters. Harry and Voldemort had disappeared and Ron was fighting side by side with Luna.
Then it went slowly. “Sectum Serpra!” The spell hit Draco in the chest. “Snape taught me that one!” he laughed before running and fighting with others. Hermione ran to him, tears began to drip down her face.
“No!” Blood was spurting from Draco. Hermione skidded to a halt beside him. “Draco, no…” She was on her knees beside him, lifting his torso. “No, Draco pleases! No! Not now! Draco! Please, don’t leave…” She was sobbing down on this body. He spluttered, trying to speak.
“You’d think, second time round, its hurt less.” He looked into her eyes. “It was always you Granger.” Hermione shook her head.
“No… please… You can’t die… I love you Draco, please.” She bent down and kissed him slowly and weakly, he kissed back.
“I love you too Granger.” He shook violently. “But, so does Weasley.” Cough, splutter. “You’re better suited.” twitch. “And I hate to say it, but-“ cough, choke. “I told you so…” he finished weakly then his whole body flopped and he was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story