Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep It Running

Chapter 3

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Chapter 3

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2011-12-15 - Updated: 2011-12-16 - 1599 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3

Emerson's POV

I was finally getting out of here! And with Gerard. My Gerard. The only person in the world I completely loved and trusted. I let out an excited yelp and spun around my room, tossing miscellaneous shit into a duffel bag. A few pairs of jeans, a few shirts, some pajamas. Oh, and all the photos of me and Gerard. I pulled on my red Converse before hobbling down the stairs (my ribs still hurt like a motherfucker) and out the front door to meet Gerard. I didn't even bother to bring my key with me, because I wasn't ever planning on coming back.

Gee wasn't outside yet (He was probably still getting ready. He was such a diva sometimes, I swear.), so I leaned against his battered Honda that sat parked at the curb. My stomach was turning itself in knots, and my palms were sweaty. I just wanted to get out of here so badly. A few minutes later, Gerard emerged from his house carrying a bag similar to mine. I grinned. He was wearing his black collared shirt with a red tie, and his raven hair fell over into his face as he shut the door. I felt myself bouncing up and down on the balls of my feet in anticipation. When Gee looked up and saw me standing there, he took one final look at his house before bounding down to front steps to me, planting a soft kiss of my cheek before unlocking the car.

"Just toss your stuff in the trunk," he instructed, sliding into the driver's seat. I did as I was told and joined him in the car.

"To Frank's?" I asked, excitement filling my voice. I was finally leaving.

"To Frank's," Gerard said decisively, pressing his foot down on the gas pedal. We pulled away from the curb one last time.

When we arrived at Frank Iero's house, which was just a few minutes from ours, he was waiting out front for us. As we got out of the car, Frank gave Gee a knowing look before coming over to me. He took my hand and led me inside so that he could help me clean the still present blood from my hair. Frank sat me down in a chair and attacked my head with awarm washcloth, making faces at the dried blood. I laughed swatting at him when he complained about my head being "icky". When he finally shut up, I observed him quietly. Frank and I had been friends almost as long as Gee and I. Gerard had introduced us when I was eleven, and we'd been super close ever since. Isighed. I was going to miss him.

"Okay Em, all fixed," he said, giving me a lopsided grin. I stood up and hugged him tight.

"Thanks, Frankie, you're a doll," I replied. "Where's Gee?"

"Raiding the kitchen, I think. He said something about wanting donuts..."

I slapped my forehead. "He always wants donuts. And coffee. I think there's something wrong with him."

Frank laughed. "Don't forget your major love for coffee too. Hypocrite!"

"That's true... I guess we were made for each other."

Frank gave me an odd look, before smiling sadly. "I'm sure gonna miss you guys. Try and keep in touch, yeah?"

"Aww, Frankie babe, we'll miss you too!But don't worry; we'll be back when I turn eighteen. Only six months," I latched onto him for one more hug. He rested his chin on the top of my head, pulling me closer.

"Alright. You guys be careful, okay? I don't want anything to happen to you..."

I nodded, pulling away from him slowly."We'll be okay, Frankie. We'll make it."

"I hope so, Emerson."

I stared at him for a moment before turning. "G'bye, Frank."

Gerard's POV

We were finally on our way. Emerson was all cleaned up, we had some donuts (fuck yes), and we were on our way to Miami, Florida. Oh and did, I mention I had to most beautiful girl sitting next to me, flipping through radio stations? Em was apparently unhappy with everything that was being played on the radio, because she flicked it off with a huff and turned to me, widening her blue eyes. I knew what was coming next.

"Gee?"

"Mm?"

"Will you sing something for me? Everything on the tube is complete and utter shit."

I knew it. I could predict her so well. I turned to Em and smirked. "Why should I? I always sing. I think you should sing. I've never heard you do anything other than scream and shout songs at the top of your lungs. Very off key, I might add."

"That's my real singing voice," she said, winking. "Now please?"

How could I say no to those big pleading eyes? I couldn't. So I decided to sing a song I'd written. Written for her, as a matter of fact.

"Hand in mine, into your icy blues. And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway with this trunk of ammunition too. I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets.
I'm trying; I'm trying to let you know just how much you mean to me. And after all the things we put each other through and I would drive on to the end with you. A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full. And I feel like there's nothing left to do but prove myself to you and we'll keep it running. But this time, I mean it. I'll let you know just how much you mean to me..."

I stopped, taking a breath. That's as much as I'd written so far. I couldn't think of a good ending for it just yet. I glanced at Emerson to see how she'd liked it. She was looking up at me in awe. I grinned.

"I take it you enjoyed that?" I asked.

"That was beautiful! Did you write that?"

"Yes ma'am. I wrote it for you, er, us. It's not finished yet though. I admitted. Emerson strained against her seatbelt so she could lean over and press her lips to my cheek.

"It's wonderful. That's going to be our song now, okay?"

Her lips were oh-so distracting. Iswerved accidentally and Em shrieked, falling back into her seat, laughing.

"Watch the road, you big doof!" she reprimanded me.

"Well pardon me, but the most stunning girl was distracting me," I pouted.

Em looked around in mock bewilderment. "Another girl? Where?"

I smacked my forehead. "I meant you, silly goose!"

She giggled softly and settled back into the passenger seat. After a minute in silence, she coughed, bringing my attention back to her.

"Gee?"

"Yes, Em?"

"Do you think my dad'll call the cops when he realizes I'm gone?" I heard worry flecked in her voice, even though I could tell she was trying to keep the mood light.

"I dunno. Maybe.I mean, you are his only daughter," I pointed out.

"That won't have crossed his mind before now," she muttered, ducking her head. "I can't imagine what he'd do to me if they find us."

"Emerson, listen to me. I'll never let them hurt you. You're safe with me." I carefully took one hand from the steering wheel to touch her arm gently.

"I believe you, Gee. I love you. Now sing me our song again?"

"Hand in mine, into your icy blues..."

Emerson's POV

The next time I opened my eyes, darkness filled Gee's car, and I was stiff all over. I guess I'd fallen asleep. I looked up at Gee, whose eyelids were slowly drooping. But he kept on driving. He wanted to get me away from New Jersey as fast as possible. I popped my head up to the window, trying to gage where we were. No luck.

"Gee?" I asked sleepily.

"Oh you're awake. Good. I need some company to keep me going."

I reached up to kiss his cheek. "You're doing fabulous, baby. I wish I had my license so I could share the driving time. By the way, where are we?"

"Mm, we've been driving since noon, and it's about one a.m., so probably about half way there. Give or take a few hours. We're kind of in the middle of nowhere at the moment though."

I giggled. "Obviously. I don't see any lights at all."

"Which sucks, because I could really go for a coffee right about now."

"You could always go for a coffee!" I teased, poking Gee playfully in his gut.

"Hush. I could say the same thing about you!"

I held my hands up in surrender. "Fine. You win. But seriously," I tried to keep a straight face. He grinned.

"Keep an eye out for a gas station, no matter how shitty. Not only for coffee, either. We are in desperate need of some fuel." Gerard tapped his finger on the gas gage. Empty. "We're running on fumes," he joked. I on the other hand, was a bit more serious about the gas situation. I shuddered at the thought of us being stuck in the middle of nowhere all night.

Gerard, seeing my distress, chuckled softly. "Don't worry Em. I'll get us to a gas station within the hour."

True to his word, we pulled into alonely gas station not minutes later. The attendant was inside the mini mart like store, watching the news. Only one other person was there, a trucker who was leaning against his truck, smoking a cigar. Dumb arse, I thought. Smoking at a gas station.





Sign up to rate and review this story