Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Id

Insight

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Hisoka begin their investigation.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2011-12-20 - Updated: 2011-12-21 - 475 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Ten: Insight:

Tsuzuki and Hisoka got to work the next morning. First stop? None other than Tokyo University. The classes had just started back up for the semester. Tsuzuki and Hisoka went straight to the students.

"They were good people."

"I've seen her around."

"She's in my class; both of them are."

"I know them."

"Okay," Tsuzuki said. "Do you know their names?"

"His name was Isao. I can't remember his last name."

"And the girl?" Hisoka asked. The students tried their best to remember the other victim.

"No."

"I can't remember."

"Nope."

"No."

"I don't remember." The shinigami didn't get anywhere with their lack of information until three in the afternoon.

"Yes, I know them both," a history major replied. The shinigami's attention lit up.

"Who were they?" Tsuzuki asked. The girl pushed back her black hair.

"He was Gensai Isao. He transferred here six months ago," she said.

"And the girl?" Hisoka asked.

"That was my roommate, Kang Arisu," the history major, Fumi, explained.

"So she's Korean?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Half," Fumi said at her dorm doorway. "Long story."

"What was she like?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Whew," Fumi answered. "Shy, she didn't talk much. Just stayed in her room and studied after classes."

/Sounds like Anna-chan/, the older shinigami thought.

"What was she doing at that party on New Year's?" Hisoka asked. Fumi's eyes dimmed at his question.

"That's all my fault," she mumbled.

"What?" he asked. Fumi shook her head.

"I pushed her to go out," she said. "I wanted her to make new friends, get out a little more, be normal really." The freshman sighed. Tsuzuki patted her on the shoulder.

"It's not your fault," he whispered. "You just wanted to help out. It's okay."

"What about Isao-kun?" Hisoka cut in. "Were he and Arisu-san…" Fumi quickly shook her head.

"Oh no, no, no," she said. "Nothing like that. They weren't dating. They didn't hang out in the same social circles together."

"They didn't?" Tsuzuki asked.

"No," she said. "He was a biology major and Arisu was an education major."

"I see…" Hisoka said. Two victims with no connections what so ever. There didn't seem to be any passion or malice present either.

"Anything else?" Hisoka asked.

"About what?" Fumi asked.

"Arisu or Isao," he said. "Think really hard." The history major dug in her brain for any significant.

"Now that you mention it," she said. "Isao was participating in some sort of a study to make some extra money." The boys eyed her with heightened intent.

"What study?" Tsuzuki asked.

"He came by this hall handing out fliers for it," she explained. "Hang on." Fumi walked into her dorm. When she returned, she handed them a wrinkled orange flyer.

"Experiment in the science hall building," Tsuzuki read. "Participants get 1,000 yen a piece." Suddenly, the case built up in a different direction.
Sign up to rate and review this story