Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 21

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

In the aftermath of the disaster that was the dance...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-22 - 546 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Sam? Honey? Would you please open the door and talk to me? Also, where’s your dress? It’ll be ruined if I can’t wash it soon.”
“Screw it,” I mumbled, rolling over in bed. “I hope it gets ruined. I never want to see it again.” That was a lie I was trying to tell myself. I wanted to see that dress. I wanted to hold it to my face and try to remember what it was like when Gerard held me as we danced in our own little bubble, disconnected from the world.
“Samantha. If you don’t open this door now I will have to break out a credit card.”
I slowly rose and unlocked my bedroom door, letting my mother in. “Sam, honey, what happened? You look terrible.” She ran a hand through my hair, her thumb lingering under the eyeliner I had yet to take off.
“He ditched me, Mom. He found out I only asked him to come on a bet and he ditched me.” I felt the tears wash down my face but I didn’t stop. “I was stupid and I let Tina take advantage of me and walk all over me. And now I’ve lost him.”
“Oh, honey, you can’t beat yourself up. You see that what you did was wrong, and since you’re a smart girl, you’ll find your way around it. One thing I know about you is that you get what you want. If you want him, you’ll have him. He looked pretty crazy over you, anyway.”
“Okay,” I sighed.
She smiled and gave me a hug. “It’ll be okay, dear.” Then, grabbing my dress off the floor, she left my room, shutting my door and leaving me alone with my thoughts.
Gerard left me standing in the rain last night. He’d driven away and let me walk home cold and wet. I’d deserved it. He probably hated me. I sat on the soft velvet chair I’d gotten for my thirteenth birthday and curled into a little ball, staring out the window. I was wearing the same pajamas I’d worn when I called Gerard that day after I’d seen Satan at the mall. I was crying without really noticing. I was numb, cold, and probably terrible looking since I had yet to get some makeup remover for my stupid attempt to be pretty last night.
I’d let Tina use me to hurt both Gerard and me. The girl I couldn’t stand, the only chick I’d ever wanted to start a fight with, she had controlled me just like everyone else at school. I buried my face in my knees. If Gerard hadn’t changed, if he’d still been acting like he had the day he first came, I’d be fine. I wouldn’t regret this at all. But no, of course, he’d become sweet, hurt—and hot. Ugh.
My phone rang.
“What?” I mumbled, not even bothering to read the Caller ID.
“What happened last night?” Sarah asked. “One minute you guys were leaving, holding hands, the next you were standing alone in the rain.”
I almost laughed. “That’s exactly what I want to know.”
Sign up to rate and review this story