Categories > Original > Romance > Dancing with Death

Chapter 29

by Vampirechick1159 1 review

Last chapter...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-22 - 899 words - Complete

0Unrated
“I swear, if your parents don’t trim the bushes…”
“Shut up!” I hissed as I hitched my leg over a slightly higher branch and pulled myself over it. We were climbing the tree outside my house to climb through the window of my room, mainly because my parents were asleep and if I woke them up coming in with a guy, I’d be dead. It was around midnight, and Gerard had told me he just wanted to make sure I got to bed safely.
When we finally reached the window, I bravely reached out and slid open my window, ignoring the drop below me, and scrambled inside. Gerard slid in behind me.
“Okay then,” I sighed, pulling twigs out of my hair. “Wait here, okay?”
He nodded.
I went to the bathroom, changed into pajamas and brushed my teeth. When I was all done, I crept back to my room, and sat on the edge of my bed, Gerard joining me without a word. I slipped my hand into his, and he squeezed it. I sighed happily and laid my head on his shoulder. “So what happens now?” I asked.
“Well, there’s probably going to be a war.”
“A…what!?”
“Satan’s not used to losing, Samantha. Today, when you woke up after falling from the cliff, you were caught in between life and death because I hesitated at the last second. From there, it became your choice to live or die. Lucifer intervened and tried to influence your decision, because according to him, you had to die. Whatever he did, he used everything he had to tempt you. I’m amazed it didn’t work.”
“I just knew better than to trust him,” I said softly.
“Anyway, once you broke free of his spell and got up, he was finished. And now he’s got to be plotting revenge.”
“What kind of revenge?”
“People will die. Beyond that ,I don’t know.”
I shivered.
“I have to tell you something.”
“Okay.”
“Do you remember that night you contemplated suicide?”
I was shocked he knew about that. “Yeah.”
“That was my fault.”
“How?”
“I can cause suicide, though I only do it when I absolutely have to. Please, Samantha, you have to understand…you scared me.
“You were beautiful and intelligent and asked so many questions.” I blushed when he said that. “I was annoyed by your flawed perfection and I was terrified I’d let something slip. You don’t know how big of a risk I took when I told you who I really was. Anyway, that night, I wanted you to die. Fast and easy. But I couldn’t pull through. I had to stop.”
I sighed, lying back on my bed. “It’s over now. I’m so tired. Can I please sleep now?”
“Yeah,” he said, getting up.
“You wouldn’t really leave me, would you?”
He stopped and smiled back at me. “I have to go.”
I sat up to pout at him. “Please tell me you’re not serious.”
“I do!” he laughed.
“Come here,” I said.
He laughed again, stepping close, taking my cheek in one hand, tilting my head up to look at him. “I’ll count the minutes until we’re together again.”
I rolled my eyes. “Don’t get corny, and don’t ditch me.”
He leaned down and kissed me slowly. I slid closer, his other arm wrapping around my waist. “Gerard?” I whispered when we broke apart.
“Yes?” he whispered back.
“I love you.”
He grinned, pushing me back so there was room for him next to me on the bed. “I love you more.”



AUTHOR'S NOTE
Oh, how I love those two. Yes, dear readers, I have begun work on a sequel. Unfortunately, currently I have been rather uninterested in writing anything at all, much less working on a sequel. Turns out, it gets hard to write continuously. If you want me to write a sequel, I'm gonna have to know you want me to--and I'm gonna have to actually focus instead of seeing what's up on Facebook. So review, tell me what you thought of this one. Lemme know if you love those two half as much as I do. :)

Also, in hindsight, I probably should've posted all this a lot sooner. I've been done with it for months. And if I do make a sequel, I gotta warn you that it's gonna have to end sometime. I'm not gonna pull a House of Night and make fifteen books or however many there are of those now. And when it's over, it's over. The rest is up to you in your head. This story is just as much mine as it is yours. I can't lay claim to two people who are completely their own person, they were just born in my in my head.

I love you, dear readers, for sticking with me this whole time. I hope you know your following is much appreciated. All the kind words and 565 views (holy crap, that shocks me still) continuously make my life. I do notice, if you didn't know. I notice when you read it, I notice when you review it, I notice. And I appreciate it. I've come close to tears I'm so happy when I see some of the stuff you've written. So please don't stop, I may die. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story