Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Remember The Days?

I've Got A Dark Alley...

by anb123 1 review

A quick visit to the city changes almost as quickly as it was originally intended to be. Thanks for reading, rate and review! x

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-22 - 826 words

1Ambiance
As I walked up my front porch steps my dad sat on the chair swing reading the newspaper looking as comfortable as ever like he'd lived here for years. I'm not sure what led him to sit outside as it was about fifty degrees in the middle of winter. As I approached he absentmindedly inquired about my day.
"How was it, sweetie?"
I rolled my eyes. Not that he'd even notice, his eyes were glued to whatever newspaper article he was reading. How typical of him.
"Fine."
"Did you make any friends?"
"Kinda."
I walked inside and shut the door behind me. It wasn't that I was upset about him asking, its the fact I knew there wasn't a lick of genuinity behind the careless words. He didn't honestly care about my life and we both knew it. I threw my stuff on the dining room table and walked upstairs, sat on my bed, and quickly drifted off to sleep. Sleeping was one of my favorite things to do, especially when I was in a new town with nobody to talk to.

** a few hours later ***

I woke up around five and opened my laptop. I may as well find a good bookstore around here.
There ended up being one in downtown Wilmette which was just a few minutes away from my house.

Just as I expected; downtown was really similar my hometown's. Simple, quaint shops with holiday lights strung around street lights and atop store signs. Alchemy Coffee House... Schoolkid Records... Books N' More. Got it. I strolled in and picked up a few of my favorites.
As I walked out I could've swore I heard a voice call my name.
I turned around to see Pete and Joe in front of the coffee shop not quite a block away. They waved at me and started approaching. Pete wore a black pea coat and red skinny jeans with those same Converse from earlier. I could see his breath in the cold Wilmette air as he breathed out my name. As we got closer he smiled a big toothy grin to reveal his perfect white teeth. Was there a flaw on this guy? I couldn't figure it out, and it was a bit intimidating.
"Alissa! We were just talking about you-"
I looked at Pete. He blushed and cleared his throat as Joe continued.
"What are you doing here? It's Friday night! Time to party!"
"Er - I was just getting some books. I think I'm just going to chill at home tonight..."
"Nah! Come hangout with us. We were just getting some coffee and we're about to head over to our friend's house. You don't wanna miss out it's supposed to be big!"
"Then I definitely don't want to go. Thanks, though. I'll see you guys on Monday-"
I started to turn around to walk home and Joe grabbed my shoulder.
"Okay maybe I just exaggerated. It'll just be a really small get together. We want you to come."
I turned around and looked at Pete for his reaction, he was checking his phone. Joe elbowed his side.
"Wha- oh, yeah. You should come."
I frowned at Pete's disinterest in my attendance. Fuck it.
"Yeah I guess I'll go. I don't have my car or anymore money though-"
Joe linked arms with me and started walking down the street, forcing me to walk right beside him.
"Don't worry about it, I've got you covered tonight. Lets go."
We all walked over and piled into Joe's white Toyota Camry. He revved the engine and skillfully maneuvered out of his parking spot and turned the volume up. A Jimmy Eat World blared through the speakers. I smiled at his choice in music.
"God I hate them." Joe reached over to change the song.
"No! Keep it on here."
Pete turned in his seat to face me and smiled.
"You like Jimmy Eat World?"
"Yeah haha, I love them."
"Me too."
He looked impressed as he turned back around.
I shrugged and leaned back in my seat. I felt my phone vibrate through the pockets of my dark wash skinny jeans which reminded me even more I probably wasn't dressed appropriately for a party, with my big beige knit sweater that was hiding a grey nirvana t-shirt and a pair of old combat boots.
I pulled my phone out to reveal a missed call from my dad. I looked at the bright screen thoughtfully for a moment then impulsively turned it off and threw it onto the ground, my heart beating fast at the thought of disobeying my father. I'd never had a reason to do so in the past. It was a rush, and in all honesty... and I liked it.
"Turn the music up!"
I watched Joe smile in the rear-view mirror.
"Now she's getting into the party spirit!"
The volume increased unlike my ability to decipher right from wrong which seemed to be slowly dwindling.
Sign up to rate and review this story