Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give 'Em Hell Kid

Give 'Em Hell Kid

by TheatreGeek 1 review

Hayley is a quiet girl, an art student.Her mum is living in a huge new house and her dad has taken to drinking. Can her new art teacher help her escape?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-12-21 - Updated: 2011-12-21 - 1001 words

1Original
" Now class, I have an announcement to make."
Mr Ailsbury stood at the front of the class, his hands in the pockets of his tweed jacket. Everyone in the room looked up from their work and shut up. Mr A was a laid back guy, but when he spoke, you shut your mouth and listened to what he had to say.
"As you know, humans reach a certain age where they believe that working is beyond their capability and they deserve to sit at home, drink weak tea and watch antique shows on the TV." Some people giggled, others looked confused as to where this was going. I simply kept quiet. " I unfortunately, have reached this age. This means that sadly, I will be leaving you all to carry on your studies with some other poor sap who likes to spend their time teaching art. This is my last class with all of you, so I'd just like to use the last five minutes to say goodbye."
Everyone looked shocked, putting down their paintbrushes and pencils looking at one another. I myself was sad that my favourite teacher, the teacher that taught me how to use a pencil, was retiring. "Well, the bell's about to go, so everyone pack up your things and get out of here. I wish you all the best for the future guys." Sir said, still not moving from his place at the front of the classroom. Everyone did as he said, putting their artwork away into files or sliding them onto drying racks. Finally, Mr A sat down at his desk and began to mark something. I took my time,still putting my stuff away when everyone had left. I needed to thank this teacher for everything.

I slung my heavy bag over my shoulder and awkwardly sidled over to the desk. He looked up and smiled at me, " Hello Hayley, aren't you going home? It's Friday, aren't there any parties going on tonight?" I ducked my head, embarrassed by the fact that even if there were any parties, I wouldn;t be invited. " No, sir. I just wanted to thank you for everything you've helped me with over the past few years. I'm really sad that you're leaving."
" Oh Hayley, it's no problem at all. It's my job after all!" He laughed, " You're only fifteen, you've got a long way to go yet, my girl. You'll be fine without me, I know it! Now off you go, you're dad will be wondering where you are."
" Okay. Thanks again sir. Goodbye!" I said, turning and going out the art room door. I went down the stairs and headed out into the quad. Dad wouldn't be wondering where I was, he'd have already gone out by now, I thought to myself. I'd forgotten my coat his morning and it was cold. I hugged myself to keep warm as I walked home, my ipod blaring in my ears. When I reached my front door I slid my key into the lock and let myself in. I went straight upstairs to my bedroom, shutting the door behind me, even though there was nobody else in the house. I put my bag down in the corner and dropped onto my bed. I began thinking about Mr Ailsbury's replacement. Man or woman? Strict or laid back? Modernist or classic artist? Art teachers were always so different, you never found two the same. Either way, I thought, rolling over onto my side, I doubted they would ever be as good as Mr Ailsbury.

-------------

I heard the door bang and some shuffling noises. I sat up in bed and looked at my clock. 3:26 AM. I groaned as I heard dad clumsily climb the stairs, tripping on the last couple. I prayed he wouldn't come in and shut my eyes tight, hoping he'd go straight into the guest bedroom. He refused to sleep in his and mum's room since she left. To my disappointment, he pushed my bedroom door open. I pretended to be asleep, breathing deeply. I felt him lean over me, the stale smell of alchohol filling my nose. I tried not to gag, my stomach turning. " Are you asleep Hay? I love you..." dad slurred, before leaving my room and going to his own. I heard the mattress springs squeak as he fell onto the bed. I sighed deeply and before I knew it, I was asleep.

--------------------

I left the house early the next morning, hoping to avoid having to wake dad up early and risking an angry outburst. I headed straight for the art room. I wanted to get a head start on my next piece, with the deadline only being a few weeks away. I pushed open the door and stopped. I'd been expecting an empty classroom, but instead I found myself looking at a tall, young and dishevelled man. He was pulling out bits of paper and pencils from a battered leather satchel and putting them on the desk. He looked nervous, pushing his long black hair out of his eyes. I awkwardly walked over to my seat and put my bag down. The noise made him look up sharply, his eyes wide and somewhat scared. " Oh, I'm sorry....I didn't hear you come in. I was just getting my stuff out..." he said, ducking his head so his hair fell across it again. " Oh, it's okay. I was just hoping to finish some of my artwork before school started." I said, suddenly feeling really awkward, as if I'd intruded on his private space, even though it was my own classroom. The young man gave a tiny smile, relaxing a little. " Oh, sure that's great. Don't let me disturb you. I'm Mr Way by the way, I'm you're new art teacher."
" Oh, you're replacing Mr Ailsbury. Hi." I sat down and began drawing, and Mr Way sat down at his desk. I worked quietly for about and hour until the bell rang loudly, disturbing our silence.
Sign up to rate and review this story