Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Twist of Fate

It's Time

by WeAreTheFallen 0 reviews

"I'm scared Frank."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2011-12-23 - Updated: 2011-12-23 - 1238 words - Complete

0Unrated
The next morning I go right over to Amber’s house. I don’t use the key or the door. I just climb the trashcans and come in through her window. Amber is still asleep so I climb into her bed and wrap my arms around her. She turns around to face me and rests her head against my chest. I touch her hair.

“I started my period,” she informs me.

“When,” I ask.

“This morning,” Amber responds through a yawn.

“I think we should still do a test in a few weeks. Just to be absolutely sure. I heard women can still get pregnant when they’re on their period.”

Amber nods, “Okay.”

“I love you, Amber.”

“I love you too.”

“Last night was the happiest night of my life, and not because we had sex. Even if we didn’t it still would have been number one.”

I feel her smile, “Ditto.”

“Are you happy?”

“Yes.”

“You’re not afraid anymore?”

“I never was afraid of you. Sex just…brings back memories…sometimes.”

“I think we should wait a little while before we do it again. I think we just got really caught up in the moment. Next time I think we should be more logical about it. I think we should give it a bit more time and definitely invest in condoms.” Amber laughs softly. “No more fooling around unless we have some, just in case.”

“Good idea. By the way Mikey told me to tell you not to make it so obvious you put your hands on me.”

“Why did he say that?”

Amber turns her head for me to see, “You gave me a hickey.”

I gently touch the red bruise on her neck, “It’s not that bad.”

“It was a lot worse last night.”

“He doesn’t know that we….”

“No. I told him we made out a bit.”

“I hope Gerard doesn’t find out. He’ll fucking murder me.”

Amber laughs, “He won’t.”

I smile, caressing her cheek and then kiss her.

___


For the next few days I try not to think about the fact that Amber could possibly be carrying my child. Instead I ignore it completely and focus on getting ready for graduation and spending time with her. Amber has already graduated. She didn’t get a ceremony like I am. She just got her diploma. In a way I think she rather liked it that way.

On Graduation day Amber, who now has her driver’s license, drives her new car to the high school. She meets up with her family and mine on the bleachers while I go get ready.

I really just want the day to be over so I can leave this place and never look back but I have to wait for the stupid ceremony to finish. There are speeches and a choir thing. Then finally they start calling the names. I am in the “I” section but once I get my diploma I am required to go sit down and wait patiently for everyone else to get called up.

When the very last person is called hats fly up in the air. I hug one person, Bob, before going over to where Amber and my family are standing. I bypass my family and rush right to Amber. I lift her up into my arms and squeeze her. The red head wraps her arms around my shoulders.

“Your whole family comes all this way and the first person you hug is your girlfriend,” my grandma says.

“She’s my future wife,” I whisper so that only Amber can hear.

She smiles and I can’t stop myself from kissing that puckered lip. This causes my mom to smack me with my graduation cap. I put Amber down, keeping my hand in hers. Everyone pulls me into hugs and congratulates me. Really all I want to do is get out of this ridiculous robe then go home and cuddle with Amber on the couch.

I ride to the pizza place in Amber’s car. While we drive I take off the stupid gown, placing my cap on top of Amber’s head. She just laughs, pulling into the parking lot of where our families decided to eat lunch. Once we are done I promise Amber I’d be at her house later. My mom is insisting I spend at least part of the day with my own family.

A week after summer break begins I decide that Amber and I need to know the consequences of what we’d done. We have to face it and we have to find out. I am nervous and scared. I want to marry her and have children, but I’m definitely not old enough and I’m not sure if we are ready for that yet. With these thoughts racing through my head I climb into my girlfriend’s window. She is still in bed. I wrap my arms around her and press my hand to her stomach.

“How are you feeling?” I ask her.

“Queasy,” she informs me.

“Is that because of nerves or…”

“I’m not sure. Maybe both, maybe just nerves, maybe….”

“Yeah… I think we should do it today, just to be on the safe side.”

Amber nods, “Probably a good idea.”

I sigh and move my hand up her shirt so I can feel the bare skin of her stomach. It doesn’t feel any different. Then again I suppose it won’t.

“Are you scared?”

“Yeah,” Amber answers, placing her hand on top of mine.

“Me too,” I answer. “But…I think we’ll be okay.”

“What do you think it’s going to be, positive or negative?”

“I’m not too sure. I think positive is a definite probability. But…I guess I’m preparing myself for either answer.”

“What will we do if it’s positive?”

“We’ll talk to our families right away. Get to the doctor and all of that stuff. Then maybe plan a late summer wedding.”

“Is that what you want?”

“Yeah…that’s what I want.”

“What do you think your parents will say?”

“Not sure. I think my mom will be disappointed the most. I don’t think they’ll be angry though,” I answer.

“What about my family?”

“I think Donna will cry but she’ll be caring as always. I think Mikey and Gerard might want to kill me.”

Amber laughs softly, “What about my dad?”

“I honestly don’t think your dad will be that mad.”

“Really,” Amber asks sounding completely shocked.

“Yeah, I think he’d be completely supportive.”

“I don’t know. Probably because he doesn’t have to help me out and he still gets the title of grandpa.”

I kiss the back of her shoulder, “Probably.”

“When do you think we should do it?”

“As soon as possible, I heard it’s best to do it first thing in the morning.”

Amber nods slowly, “I’m scared, Frank.”

“I know. Just remember that if it’s positive then we were meant to be parents this young. If it’s negative then we will have more time to plan.”

“Well…I have to pee so we should probably go get one.”

“Good idea. Come on.”

Note: Remember to rate and review. It's the only way I know if you guys like the story or not. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story