Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

All I Want For Christmas Is You

by thiscircleneverends 2 reviews

CHRISTMAS ONESHOT! Eliza never believed that wishes came true, especially wishes on snow flakes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2011-12-24 - Updated: 2011-12-25 - 1773 words - Complete

3Ambiance
A/N Soooooo, I wanted to finish October by Christmas and make the story all Christmassy, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen, so it’ll have to be a late Christmas story xD
So here’s a Christmas oneshot with Gerard and Eliza (:
Merry Christmas and a happy new year every one! Happy holidays! R&R please if you want :) & I'll update October soon :)


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I Want For Christmas Is You

It was cold. It was dark. It was Christmas Eve 2005 and Bellville was covered in a thick blanket of snow. I imagined the sight looked like something out of a cheesy holiday movie; a shot of a small town covered in pure white snowflakes, the yellow lights from peoples happy homes shinning from beneath the plush platinum surface as they celebrated the family evening and prepared for the busy yet heart-warming day ahead of them.
But my house didn’t belong in the town. It was on the outskirts of Bellville, a part of a small cul-de-sac surrounded by woodland and farm yard. The cul-de-sac seemed peaceful enough though. It gave off a cosy, cookie cut vibe, a lot like the towns. The evergreen trees hung with snow and the endless yards of field gleamed luminous under the silver moon. I expected everyone living in the cul-de-sac were all having an equally happy Christmas Eve. I looked at the houses as I walked down the icy road, the mellow light humming behind their drawn curtains and the happy seasonal lit decorations danced upon the outside brick walls. My house looked as if it was no exception.
You see, my parents liked to pretend. They liked to act as if we were an average, classic family who celebrated their Christmas with family, with food, and even if we weren’t all in tip-top happiness, we could adjust and fake a smile just for the special day.
The last part of that was in no way true.
Yes, we had festive food and we put decorations up. You see, my parents were absolutely, unconditionally in loathe with each other. They couldn’t stand to be around each other, so as you can imagine it was like hell spending the holiday with them together and I often wondered why they left it so long to divorce.
The event of this Christmas Eve started with mild wine. I could smell it.
Foul and strong as it seeped into my closed room. Everything seemed on an even keel as I listened to the faint murmur of my parent’s convocation and the radio gently playing old time festive classics. I imagined my father sitting at the kitchen table reading the newspaper as my mother poured herself a glass of wine. Then a smash on the kitchen tiles.
Silence.
And then came my father’s voice.
What did you do that for you stupid cow?
My mother’s angry shrieks. More things braking and more abuse being yelled.
I wasn’t scared. I was fed up. I knew how this evening would end, there was no point in me staying. So I left. I walked out of my room, down the stairs and without another thought I opened the front door and slammed it behind me.
And that’s how I ended up sitting on the park bench in the town centre, the numbing cold surrounding me. But it didn’t matter. I was already numb.

My best friend Gerard Way lived just down the road from the park. I could see his small house from where I was sat. I wanted to burst into his house, run down into the basement, to his room and finally into his safe arms. But I couldn’t. Tonight was supposed to be about family and I didn’t want to ruin someone else’s Christmas. So I sat and longed to with him and to be with his family, but the reality was that I would have to go home eventually before I froze to death.

At about nine o’clock I stood from the bench and with hope that my mother and father had calmed down I began to walk out of the park. My feet crunched across the fresh snow as I walked, my dark blonde hair specked with flakes from the sky. I paused and raised a gloved hand toward the ice filled clouds.
Before I knew it I began to twist my body in the snow fall with some sort of ice dance. Despite the situation with my parents I convinced myself that I really did feel happy. A small smile played on my rosey lips as I danced alone in the park.
I reminded myself of Kim Boggs from Edward Scissorhands, just not as pretty.

“Eliza?”
I stopped still as the familiar voice spoke my name, and I turned around to Gerard who was standing before me in the iced park.
His skin was barely visible against the snow, it was so white and his shoulder length black hair contrasted with it beautifully.
He looked at me questioningly; his dark eyes studied my pale face as we stared in silence, his lips unusually red in the cold.
“What are you doing?”
“Dancing.” I answered simply. “What are you doing?”
“I came to see you.” He replied. “I could see you from my house. Why are you out here so late Eliza?”
I gave a faint smile and closed the distance between us until I reached his warm body.
“Do I need to answer that Gee?” He sighed and shook his head. Of course he was aware of my unconventional family.
“I can guess.” He pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me.
“It’s fine.” I said truthfully, nestling further into his hold. “I’ll go home soon, I’m sure they’ll be okay when I get back. And they might be worrying.” At least I knew my parents would be happy to see me home. Even if they were selfishly and constantly at each other’s throats I always knew that they cared about me.
Gerard pulled away slightly and looked down at me with his perfect features. His hazel eyes bored into me and I could tell that he could read my thoughts. He knew deep down that I was hurting, even if I tricked myself that I was okay; tricked myself that I was the tuff, hard person who could take on anything. He knew I wasn't.
He always knew.
I stared back into those hazel orbs and got lost for a moment, watching as tiny pure snows specks collected on his raven coloured eyelashes. Even though the weather was beyond freezing his skin remianed untouched by the coldness. It didn't become blotchy or swollen, it stayed pale and air brushed. Untouchable and perfect.

“Why don’t you come back to mine for a bit? No one will mind, it’ll be fun.” He suddenly asked. I grinned at the sweetness of my friend and hugged him tighter.
I thought about going back to Gerard's house, being accepted into the warmth and spending just half an hour with him. But the kindess of my best friend would absorb me and I would become lost in time; I would be missed by my parents eventually. So I had to turn the tempting offer down reluctantly.
“Thank you Gee, but no. I don’t want to ruin anything with my crap, besides tonight’s meant to be about family.” I looked back at him and smiled. “Which is why we should both go home.”
“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” Gerard asked, worry tinting his voice.
“Of course I will.” I laughed. “I’ll text you when I get home.”
And with a final smile I turned and began to walk away through the snow.

“Wait!” I stopped and looked over my shoulder to see Gerard running toward me.
“What is it?” I asked, curiosity hitting me.
Gerard took my hands in his and told me to look up to the sky.
"See the snow flakes?" He whispered.
"Yes."
"They're magic."
I lowered my gaze back to Gerard.
"Make a wish on one of them."
"Gerard, please-" I started.
"Just do it." He urged as amusment over took him.
I pulled a face, but couldn't help but agree.
"Fine, child." I teased.
I closed my eyes tightly and made a silent wish.
"There, done." I said openeing my eyes once I had made the wish. "What did you wish for?" Gerard grinned.
"I can't tell you!" I shrieked. "It won't come true!" Gerard narrowed his eyes. "It seemed to me like you didn't believe in wishes or magic."
"Gee, I made a wish like you said, now I can't tell you what I wished for, that's not how it works!" I laughed.
The truth was that the wish I had made was embarassing, and I knew that I couldn't lie to Gerard about what it was because, like I said, he always knew.
"It's awkward." I murmmured.
"Please?" He pressed. His already large eyes grew bigger and child like.
I looked away. "Okay." I mumbled. "I, I wished for you."
There was a pause.
"You wished for me?" I could feel his body move closer to mine as I refused to look at him.
"Yes, Gerard, I wished for you, okay?"
I broke away from Gerard and was about to carry on walking home when he gently jerked my hand back, and I was face to face with him again.
Then, without warning he lowered his face and grazed his lips over mine. I could feel the warmth of his breath quiver over my mouth for a second or two as he kissed me.
He kissed me.
It was only a small, light kiss. Nothing passionate or filled with lust, but still a kiss.
It felt as if those two seconds lasted for longer, and to my surprise I wished they did.

"Wish come true?" He smirked when he broke the kiss.
I was unable to say anything.
"Merry Christmas Eliza." He chuckled before giving a quick wink, and then he was gone, like the kiss had never happened.
“M-merry Christmas.” I stuttered, even though I knew he wouldn’t hear me as I watched him walk back to his home.
I blinked a few times, and then began to walk back to my own house, a large, stupid smile plastered over my face for a reason I couldn't quite explain.

All I knew was that Gerard had made this the best Christmas ever.
Sign up to rate and review this story