Categories > TV > WWE

In Your Arms

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Jimmy couldn't believe what he was seeing. (Jimmy Jacobs/Colt Cabana, brief Colt/Lacey)

Category: WWE - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2011-12-25 - Updated: 2011-12-26 - 1237 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: In Your Arms
Pairing/Characters: Jimmy Jacobs, Colt Cabana, Lacey
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Warnings: Slight slash. If that bothers you then turn away. Originally written in late '09. Based around an ROH video wire and references the Lacey's Angels angle.

He swallowed hard and turned away as he tried to process the horrible sight he’d just witnessed.

This could not be happening. Jimmy bit his lip as he tried to push the horrible, disgusting, vile situation he’d accidentally witnessed in the small room.

“Oh, no no no no no no,” he mumbled over and over, more to himself than anyone else. This was not happening. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to convince himself that it was just a really bad dream, and that this would all be over once he opened his eyes again. He took a few deep breaths and exhaled. A smile came over his lips, and he immediately felt better. The whole thing had been a horrible nightmare. Yeah, that had to be it. The woman he loved more than life itself had not been kissing Colt. She knew how much he cared for her, and Jimmy knew that she loved him too. There was no way she’d do this to him, especially since she knew how much it would hurt him.

Unfortunately, once he’d opened his eyes, Jimmy could feel his heart drop down into his stomach again. Colt was still standing there, with that goofy, idiotic grin on his face, with his arm around Lacey’s waist. Instinctively, Jimmy stepped forward to say something, to tell that filthy gorilla to get his hands off of Lacey, but the woman stopped him.

“You know what?” she interrupted, holding a hand up to stop Jimmy. “I don’t even need to worry about you.”

Her words cut through him viciously, and it was all he could do to choke the tears back. He had to maintain his dignity. Everyone was always telling him to “be a man”. The problem was, Jimmy wasn’t a typical man. No, he was sensitive, in tune with a woman’s needs, and loving and attentive. He thought that that was what Lacey wanted in a man. She’d been mistreated by so many jerks who didn’t appreciate her.

Didn’t she understand that he’d die for her? Hell, he’d even kill for her. All Jimmy ever cared about was Lacey’s happiness. He wanted to take care of her, to show her love in ways she’d never imagined or felt, to be the one that held her at night. How could she hurt him like this? And Colt, he was supposed to be Jimmy’s friend. Jimmy thought he could trust him. Obviously he’d been wrong. Colt had stuck the knife of betrayal in his stomach and twisted it cruelly, sadistically, just like everyone else.

He wanted to curl up in a ball and die.



Jimmy was actually in catering later that day when Colt approached him. He was far from okay with what he’d seen, but was determined to push it out of his mind. He’d thought about it extensively, and decided that Lacey probably had a good explanation for what had happened. After all, Jimmy didn’t know the whole story. Maybe Colt had been hitting on her and she, obviously disgusted, tried to push him away. Whatever the case, he was not going to worry about it anymore, at least not until he talked to Lacey.

Talking to another one of the guys in the locker room would probably make more sense, but Jimmy didn’t really associate with them. Oh sure, he’d heard the jokes about how he was a “loser” with no friends, but the truth was that he really didn’t have anything in common with most of the roster. He considered himself to be a loner. Besides, he wasn’t a people-person anyway.

He sighed a little and tried to focus on his food, but he really wasn’t hungry. He’d only came to catering so that he could be alone, and now that the room was starting to fill up, that was no longer possible. He decided that going back to the hotel was probably the best option, and he was just about to get up and leave when he felt a person sit down beside him.

The last person I wanted to see, he groaned to himself.

“Lacey is a huge bitch,” came the voice of Colt Cabana as he sat down next to Jimmy. “Stop pouting already and forget about her, man.”

“Don’t say that,” Jimmy replied quietly. “You don’t know her.”

Colt shrugged and bit into a roll.

“I know her well enough to know that she totally emasculates you,” he replied. Upon noticing the perplexed look that Jimmy was sporting, he rolled his eyes.

“Oh, come on. You’re not dumb, man. The way she talks to you, the way she treats you, how she talks down to you—she totally controls you, man. And it’s sad, ‘cause I know the guy you used to be. He’d kick your ass. Get a hold of yourself, man.” Colt laid a hand on the other man’s shoulder and squeezed gently. “Don’t let her treat you that way. You’re worth more than that.”

A scoff escaped Jimmy’s lips, and he shook his head sadly.

“You don’t care,” he stated, his voice barely above a whisper. “You never cared.”

“What?” Colt was confused. “I do care. Jimmy, you’re the one who said you needed space. I figured you needed to think things through.” He placed a hand on the back of Jimmy’s neck and gently massaged it. “But that doesn’t mean I don’t care.”

“Really? You care about me?” Jimmy questioned, his eyes narrowed. Colt nodded and opened his mouth to reply, but Jimmy silenced him by cutting him off.

“Then why were you kissing Lacey?” He crossed his arms over his chest.

Surprised, Colt put his napkin down and turned around so that he could see Jimmy properly.

“You know, I can’t figure you out. First you were pissed at Lacey, and now you’re pissed at me?” He shook his head. “You’re strange, Jacobs.”

“Just answer the question.” His tone was hard, demanding. This was something he needed to know.

“Look, I don’t know what you think you saw, but I wasn’t kissing her,” Colt explained. “She was putting the moves on me, man. She wanted me to join that stupid Lacey’s Angels shit. I pushed her away.”

Jimmy remained quiet for a minute, as he let what Colt had just said process in his brain. He supposed it made sense, well, as much sense as Colt usually made. He had no reason not to trust or believe him, so there was no point in being angry with him any longer. He would deal with Lacey later.

“All right, Colt. I guess I can believe you.” He exhaled deeply. “I’m sorry.”

“You’re cute when you get all possessive,” Colt teased, leaning in to gently peck Jimmy’s lips.

Jimmy pouted and swatted at the taller man.

“Don’t call me cute.”

“Aww, but you are,” the Chicago native grinned, ruffling Jimmy’s hair.
Sign up to rate and review this story