Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Immortality Is Not For The Faint Of Heart

Part One: The Re-Awakening

by ZombieSlayer13x 6 reviews

Our story resumes in the present day. Where are they now?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-12-26 - Updated: 2011-12-27 - 3360 words

5Ambiance
*A/N: Second chapter up! I’d like to wish all of you a belated merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a very happy new year!!! :D

This chapter’s very main character oriented, but you need to know them, right?

HOLY CRAP THE FIRST CHAPTER WENT GREEN!!!!! Thank you all so, so much for all the rates and reviews!! They mean so much to me!



Part 1: The Re-Awakening


From Santi’s earthly tomb with demon’s hole,
‘Cross Rome the mystic elements unfold.
The path of light is laid, the sacred test,
Let angels guide thee on thy lofty quest.



-Present Day, 2011-

“UGH! Azure! Did you take my purple eyeliner AGAIN?!” Alexandria Long yelled at her roommate from their room. She had made a mini pile of clothing in the corner; it was a mix of both their crap. With each moment the pile grew as Alex threw more clothes on it. She was in a frantic search for her eyeliner.

“Uh….yeah!” Azure Cowl called back, her voice unsure of how to proceed next. Usually Azure went by Owl, her nickname. When Alex used her real name, she knew she meant business and Alex was on her last nerve with Azure borrowing her things and forgetting to give them back.

Hesitantly, Azure walked into their room, pausing in the doorway. Alex had stopped her tirade and was standing impatiently next to her oak dresser. Azure sighed and walked over to her side of the room, opening the top drawer of her black one.

Both girls had very different personalities. That’s what made them such good roommates. Even though they were opposites, they got along better than most married couples. The only beef they had with each other was that Alex was a morning person, always had her alarm set for eight in the morning or earlier. Owl on the other hand, well, you were lucky if she was up before noon-unless it was a school day. Alex was eighteen while Owl was nineteen. They both attended community college. The only thing the girls shared was their love for loud, heavy, rock music and their ethnicity. They were both Chinese, but not natives. Alex had managed to pick up Mandarin along the way though. When you’re over two hundred years old, you tend to pick up a lot. She tried to teach Owl, but she was too lazy to pursue it so Alex eventually gave up.

They both decided that they couldn’t decide on a room color, so they split it down the middle. A thin, black stripe divides it in half. Alex’s half was painted bright red and covered in band posters, drawings, and pictures of friends. She had a plain silver mirror hanging on her wall; it had black gems on the frame. Her side had a twin bed with lime green and black sheets and rainbow pillows. She had an oak dresser and a drawing desk. In the corner her bass guitar was propped against the wall, an amp nearby. Her closet was open, the door pulled off. Silver beads hung from a rod above it. She had an electric keyboard next to the door as well.

Owl’s side of the room was a deep purple, she had painted black stripes on the wall behind her bed. She too had a twin. Her sheets were plain white with black and silver pillows. She had a mirror built into her black dresser. Her side of the room was the messiest, clothes were strewn about, shoes lying everywhere. Her closet was even worse. She kept her door on just to avoid the avalanche of clothes that greeted her every time she opened the door. She had a small writing desk that held her laptop, often in her spare time she would write. She had an old electric guitar in the corner of her room as well. A violin case was on top of her writing desk. Her walls were bare, only some artwork that Alex did for her hung on them.

Owl dug through her drawer until she found it, she held the purple pencil up in triumph. Then she turned back to Alex who had her hand out impatiently.

“Thank you!” Alex said in an exasperated voice as she dropped it in her hand. She walked delicately over to her side of the room, careful not to disturb Owl’s things. As she made her way over to her mirror her heeled boots clicked on the wooden floor. She pushed her side bangs out of eyes and started applying her eyeliner. Once she was satisfied she pulled on a pair of her ripped grey skinnies, and grabbed a Fall Out Boy hoodie from her bed. She dug around her jewelry case for her colorful bracelets and key necklace. With them in hand she made her way out the door, grabbing a small, black over the shoulder bag.

“Got a hot date?” Owl asked, raising an eyebrow.

Alex snorted, “No. I’m going to the mall to meet up with Linnea and Kaylee.

“Awww, you didn’t invite me?” Owl said, faking a hurt voice.

“Oh come on, you know you’re not a big fan of her. Or anyone….” Alex said.

“True,” Owl said, nodding her head agreeably.

oOoOoOo

Linnea Hawethorne stared at herself in the mirror. Her choppy hair was pulled back in a ponytail, her shorter, feathery layers falling around her face. She had her spider bites and ear piercings in, but left the rest out. She wasn’t in the mood today. With a sigh, she applied her orange lipstick, matching her hair. She had on faded, ripped skinny jeans, black boots, and her Misfits tee. The last thing she added was her glasses. A lot of people asked her if they were fake, indeed not, they were her real glasses.

“EVA!! HAVE YOU SEEN MY BLACK FITTED JACKET?!” Linnea called to her roommate, Evangeline Vengeance. Eva was a neat freak, and she knew she probably picked it up.

“YES! I threw it on top of that pile of clothing in the corner!” she called back from the kitchen.

Linnea blew stray strands of hair from her face; all that covered her floor was piles of clothing. You couldn’t even see the tan carpet anymore. She ravaged through a few piles until she found it. Throwing it on, she made her way over to the bulletin board that was on her wall. She and Eva were too lazy to paint their walls, so they just left them plaster white. They had mostly the same furniture; a dresser, mirror, twin bed, and a desk for work. Linnea had electric blue bed sheets and black pillows, Eva had a red bedspread and gold pillows. They both took the doors off their closets. Linnea went as far as too install a flat screen right in the middle of their sides.

Linnea grabbed her spiked cuffs hanging from her bulletin board, and walked out of the apartment.

“Bye Eva!” she called as she left.

Linnea smirked. They were so similar, they both preferred silence to talking, and Eva was a master manipulator. Linnea had her fair share of trouble too. She loved chaos. Eva was very good at getting what she wanted.

This confused Linnea to no end. She was a demon and Eva was an angel. ‘God must be pretty forgiving’, she thought.They were both intensely loyal, but it took a lot to gain their trust. Linnea was cynical to no end, while Eva was more generous.

She let out a small laugh and continued on her way. Once she arrived at the bus stop she sat down on the bench. She cursed herself for not bringing a jacket. It was a rather chilly spring day outside. As she waited Linnea pulled out her Blackberry, she sighed seeing that she had no new messages, and continued waiting.

oOoOoOo

Layla Price sat at the counter of her small apartment. She still had her pajamas on, a pair of plain, furry black pants and a black long sleeve shirt with a white striped shirt over it. Her short, black hair was messy, as usual. She contently sipped at her coffee, checking her phone every five seconds. For the moment she had the apartment to herself. She shared it with her friend, Kaylee Sayge. Both of them were angels, but you wouldn’t tell by looking at them. They both had hearts of gold, but their exteriors told a different story.

Both girls dressed pretty punky by society’s standards-dyed hair, piercings, tattoo’s, skinny jeans and band tee’s. Their apartment was plain. Artwork lined the walls and colorful furniture was spread around the place, but neither of them bothered to paint the walls. They were probably going to buy a new place in a few months, so they saw no point.

Lee had gone out to meet up with some old friends or theirs. Layla was going to go as well, but she just didn’t feel up to it at the moment. She was afraid something would happen and made sure Lee kept in contact with her at all times.

Just then, Layla’s phone buzzed. She checked it excitedly:

G2g, here. I’m fine. Be back in an hr or so.

With a sigh she threw her phone on the dusty rose colored couch and retreated to her room, hoping to watch a good sci-fi movie to pass they time away.

oOoOoOo

Fae Night had just finished lighting the last candle in her apartment. She lived alone, she preferred the solitude. She was always a strange girl. She meddled with the dark arts and practiced witch craft. Her apartment was painted a dark shade or purple, her room was gray. She always had the curtains drawn over her windows, blocking out the light. Her house was littered with candles of all sizes and colors, her black cat Omen, was her chosen companion. He was at the old age of seventeen, but acted like he was three.

Fae really didn’t want to go to this meeting-seeing as she hates people, noise, and public places-but she had no choice. Sighing, Fae walked over to her closet and started picking out clothing. She choose her signature black, tight, wet look jeans, black boots, and her loose fitting dark blue tank top. She put her favorite necklace on, an upside down crucifix, and proceeded to fix her wavy, dark blonde hair, neatly tucking one side behind her ear. She decided to take the ring piercing out of the back of her neck. The last thing she did before leaving her apartment was applying her purple eyeliner around her pale blue eyes.

As she walked out she grabbed her car keys off the counter, locking the door behind her.

oOoOoOo

Kaylee was the first to arrive at the café, nestled deep inside the mall complex. She ran a hand through her long black hair, fingering the tips. She had dyed about five inches of her ends red. Lee felt self-conscious, sitting at the table all alone. She felt as if everyone was watching her. She had on her red tartan pants with a simple Black Veil Brides tee with a pair of black Doc Martens on her feet. Lee had left her leather jacket at home. She had caked the eyeliner on her face today, also sporting her snakebites and 15mm plugs in each ear.

Lee checked her phone once more, anxiously texting her friends to see when they were arriving. She just hoped she could still recognize them all.

It had been a while.

Just as she got up to get in line for a coffee, she saw Alex and Linnea walk in, Alex was texting on her phone. Lee chuckled to herself, she was probably responding to her.

“Linnea!” Lee called semi-loudly, “I’m in line.”

They looked over, “Oh cool! Is Fae here yet?”

“Nope,” Lee said. She looked at the line in front her and noticed that everyone had moved up. She quickly reclaimed her place in line. Linnea and Alex took a seat at the table Lee was previously at, “Do you guys want anything?” she asked them.

“Tea,” Alex said.

“I’m fine,” Linnea said sweetly.

Just as Lee reached the counter to order, Fae made her appearance. When she walked in it was as if the atmosphere changed. She glanced uncertainly around, and then made her way over to Alex and Linnnea.

“Hey,” she said quietly. Alex and Linnea offered greeting back.

“You want anything? Lee’s in line right now,” Linnea said.

“Coffee,” Fae answered curtly, tucking her blonde hair behind her ear once again.

“Hey Lee, get a cup of coffee too will ya?” Linnea called to her. Some customers shot her dirty looks; she just gave them right back to them. She even managed to flip off some group of cheerleaders throwing glares their way.

A few minutes later after an attempt at small talk, Lee returned, tray in hands. She set her water down while Alex grabbed her cup and Fae went for the coffee.

“Here Alex, I grabbed you some extra sugar packets,” Lee said, dumping them in her hands, “And Fae, I didn’t know how you liked your coffee so I got you some too,” she tossed a few at Fae.

“Thanks, but I drink my coffee black,” Fae said quietly.

“Of course you do…” Linnea muttered under her breath.

Fae gave her a look.

“Look, guys, I know we don’t meet with each other often, but please try to be civil,” Alex said. It was true; they all did a pretty good job of keeping out of each other’s lives. They didn’t live in the same city, Hell; Fae didn’t even live in the same state. She lived about an hour or so from the rest of them. They didn’t converse with each other as much as back in the olden days, and were happy to keep it that way. They only came together on important matters.

They scoffed in reply.

“Whoa! Epic tatt you have there Lee!” Linnea said, pointing to Lee’s arm.

“Thanks! I just got it done last week!” Lee said proudly.

The tattoo that covered her whole left arm, it was of the sinew and muscles in her arm.

“I thought you were an angel,” Fae said sarcastically.

Lee rolled her eyes.

“OKAY, guys,” Linnea said, completely ignoring the previous comments, “If you could all turn your attention to me, there is a reason why we’re all here, Alex,” she gestured for her to continue.

Alex cleared her throat and then began in a hushed voice, just loud enough to be heard against the noise in the cafe, “As we all know, the activity around here has been very minimal lately. It’s so strange, since just last week we had that incident with the demon girl. We must all keep our guard up, Satan is up to something big, I can feel it.”

“Should we consult Azrael?” Lee asked.

“We can’t,” Fae said, “Not only is he somewhere in Italy, but this is too petty to bother him with.”

“So, we came all the way down here……for nothing,” Linnea said, irritated.

“Pretty much,” Fae said standing up to leave. She threw a five down on the table, “Thanks for the coffee.”

With that she stormed out of the café, a strong breeze following her.

Alex let out a breath, “Well…that went well.”

Lee snorted, “Damn right it did.”

She too stood up to leave when they were greeted by a panting Tierney Sullivan, a messenger angel. She flew in through the café doors, almost literally, and ran to their table.

“Whoa, whoa! Slow down there!” Lee said, putting her hands on T’s shoulders. T caught her breath for a moment and pushed some of her orange hair behind her ears.

“What is it?” Linnea asked, pushing Kaylee’s water towards her. Tierney gratefully accepted the bottle and emptied it in seconds.

“Well…..I knew…I knew you’d be here so…” Tierney paused, sitting down in an attempt to catch her breath. On earth angels and demons adopted mortal habits and needs, “I was flying through the sky to deliver a message, when I saw it,” she paused, the three girls urging her to go on, “I was on my merry way, when BAM! I saw an angel and a demon. They were talking in hushed voices in an alley way. I knew they were what they were, even though they showed no sign. My eyes see everything.

Anyway, the angel was trying to persuade the demon to come to you guy’s side, to be a part of your order. The demon eventually agreed, but then something freaky happened.”

The girls leaned closer to her.

“The demon backed away very swiftly from the angel, as she tried to get closer, the demon fell to its knees, clawing at its face in agony. Then, right before my eyes, he started to crack. From his head to his toes, he just cracked. Beneath those cracks streams of red light shone. His wings sprung from his back, bending and breaking against the stone walls of the buildings boxed around them, he threw his head back and let out a terrible scream. I flew down, trying to help, but before I could reach them, he exploded just like that. The pieces burst, his wings disintegrated, every last shred of him was gone. The girl stood there in shock. Once she picked up on my expression she turned and faced me, she was crying.

I don’t know what’s happening, but it looks like Satan’s onto your little plans. He seems to be getting rid of all non-loyal demons.”

Once T finished talking, there was silence, just the dull hum of the noises around them. The girls sat in silence processing the news.

“I can’t believe he’d kill one of his own,” Lee said.

“Yeah, almost like he’s doing us a favor,” Alex replied bitterly.

“Well…..I hope I helped you,” Tierney said, hopping from foot to foot in impatience.

“You did!” Lee said back enthusiastically.

“It was fun guys, but I really gotta go! More messages to deliver and all that shiz,” T said with a laugh.

“See ya ‘round T,” Linnea said.

“Yeah, same,” Alex seconded.

T turned on her heel, and was out the door in a flash. The girls stood up and collected their things, getting ready to leave. As they looked around they noticed the place had really cleared out. It was nearing three o’clock in the evening by now, time for them to head home.

“It was nice guys, now to entertain myself on the bus for the next half hour!” Kaylee said in a chipper voice as she waved to them, "SHOOT!" she exclaimed, checking her phone. She had three text messages from her roommate, Layla, "I told Layla I'd be home in an hour, and that was two hours ago!" with that she ran out the door.

“Yeah it was fun, till the next time!” Alex said with a chuckle. She slung her bag over her shoulders and then followed Kaylee out the door.

That left Linnea. She decided to grab a coffee and snagged a table in the back. From there she proper her feet up on the table and observed the other customers, pondering the words of the messenger. A tall, skinny male employee around her age gave her a dirty look so Linnea flipped him off too. He scowled at her, making his zit-covered face even more repulsive. Linnea pulled out her phone and started texting her roommate, filling her in on the details. After that she just sat there, silently sipping her coffee and staring into space.

Her bus could wait.

*A/N: Well…..second chapter up. Hope you like it! Happy holidays and stay safe!

-Alex
Sign up to rate and review this story