Categories > TV > WWE

The (Not So) Smooth Talker

by tjsparkles 2 reviews

Chris Sabin is on a mission to get under his girlfriend's skin as much as possible. Sabin/OC.

Category: WWE - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2011-12-27 - Updated: 2011-12-28 - 874 words - Complete

1Funny
Prompt: Pissed

A/N: Belated Christmas fic for Robin! Hope you like it, girlie! Thank you for being an amazing best friend and even more amazing sister!

Ever since Robin had returned from last-minute Christmas shopping, which she had been dreading to begin with, she’d noticed something unusual: her boyfriend had been in a pretty sour mood from the minute she stepped in the door. Everything had seemed to be okay before she left, which puzzled her even more. On top of that, Josh wasn’t a negative person. Although other people around him did their fair share of complaining, and even Robin herself was guilty of it once in a while, Josh just didn’t like to dwell on the negative. Sure, he had his moments where he was less than happy sometimes, as everyone did, but for the most part, he always believed that here was a silver lining to be found in every situation, no matter how crappy it might seem at the time.

At first, Robin brushed Josh’s sour demeanor off, thinking that maybe he’d received an unwanted (as they always were) call from Sonjay and that it was responsible for his mood, but after having been subjected to his snarky comments for an hour, it became more and more clear to her that Josh was purposely trying to piss her off. Or at least that’s what her spidey senses seemed to be telling her, and in Robin’s experience, they were never wrong.”

Robin set down the Bluray player that she had purchased for the two of them and placed her hands on her hips as she glared at Josh, her nose wrinkling as she did so.

“Okay, what’s your problem?”

“Problem?” Josh scooted back further on the couch, propping his legs out onto the table in front of him. “Who says I have a problem? I’m fine.”

It was obvious to Robin that he was lying to her, and honestly, it pissed her off, because that was another trait that Josh didn’t have. He never lied to her, and she never lied to him, but it was pretty clear that he was now, and she didn’t know whether to be angry, hurt, or both.

“Whatever you say, Josh.” Robin shook her head. “But don’t think I haven’t noticed that you’ve got a wild hair up your ass. And, you know I’m not one to bite my tongue, so would you please tell me what your damned problem is?”

“I told you already,” Josh repeated, “I don’t have a problem.”

“Could’ve fooled me.”

“Maybe you’re the one with the problem,” Josh answered evenly, knowing that statement would get a reaction out of his girlfriend. “What, is it that time of the month or something?”

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Josh instantly regretted saying it, because he knew the reaction it would get, but he stood his ground and didn’t take it back. Robin whipped around, her eyes blazing with anger, and it was all that Josh could do to keep his face expressionless. He wanted to grin like the cat that ate the canary, but he didn’t.

Success. This time, he couldn’t stop the grin from spreading across his face, and he realized, albeit too late, that Robin had seen it.

Well, shit, he cursed silently. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could, Robin stomped on his foot, hard.


“Ow!” he hissed, glaring at the redhead. “What the hell, Robin?”

“I’m going to soak in the tub,” Robin announced, as she ran a hand through her hair. “Alone,” she added, pointedly, before Josh could suggest joining her. “Don’t bother trying to get in; the door will be locked.”

“Like that will stop me,” Josh mumbled, before he could stop himself.

“Are you trying to get me to beat your ass? Because I will.”

“Not if I beat yours first,” Josh winked.

“…Oh. Oh, I see what you’re doing,” Robin answered. “You’re trying to get angry sex. Not a chance, Harter.”

Josh adopted his best innocent, puppy dog look, hoping that he looked and sounded convincing.

“Would I do that?”

“Yes, you would—and stop it with the puppy dog eyes, they don’t work.”

“Sometimes they do,” Josh argued.

“If I want them to work, they do,” Robin retorted. “I’m going to take a bath now. When I get out…”

“You’ll change your mind about beating my ass?”

Robin blinked in response.

“Maybe, maybe not. Who knows, really?” Robin winked, and with that, she made her way up to the bathroom, leaving Josh there to wonder whether or not he’d made a mistake he couldn’t take back.

Of course, she planned on letting Josh have what he wanted, but only because she saw no point in depriving herself of something she wanted as well, but that didn’t mean that she wasn’t going to make him work for it, and afterward, Robin would get her revenge, as she always did. Maybe next time, Josh would think twice before trying to purposely piss her off.
Sign up to rate and review this story