Categories > Books > Lord of the Rings > Before the Dawn

Before the Dawn

by Shanastay

Elladan/OFC one-shot written by request for a friend's story. I knocked her socks off. Check it out.

Category: Lord of the Rings - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Erotica, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2006-06-21 - Updated: 2006-06-21 - 2373 words - Complete

?Blocked
IMPORTANT BACKGROUND INFO!!

This is based in the movie-verse and hence doesn't stick to canon. This is a one-shot that I was asked to write for a friend's story. She didn't feel she could adequately capture the couple's first/last night together and asked me to aid her, also utilizing the lyrics to Evanescence's Before The Dawn. The story is hers, this chapter is mine. Tolkein's characters remain his, Lorwen is well, Lorwen's (authoress and character share the same name and NO it is NOT self-insertion).

Lorwen is Haldir's adopted daughter. Raised without a mother she is quite the tomboy and Haldir's pride and joy. She and Elladan have known each other for a long time, their courtship slow until the War of the Ring forces their hands. This chapter takes place the night before she is to march out to Helm's Deep with her father. There is a real possibility she will not return and Lorwen and Elladan spend this night consummating their love for each other for the first/last time.

With all that in mind, I present you with...

******

Before The Dawn

The sun had almost set as Elladan carefully led Lorwen toward their destination by her right hand. Her eyes were lightly blindfolded.

"Elladan, where are you taking me?" Haldir's foster-daughter asked.

Elladan paused, turning back to the blonde elleth. He cupped her cheek with one hand, smiling as she leaned into the touch. "Do you trust me?"

Lorwen seemed shocked at the question, starting visibly. "Of course, but you are beginning to worry me. We have been walking about for a while."

"We are almost there," the Perendhil reassured her, reaching down to capture her lips for a sweet, lingering kiss, before leading her on again.

[Meet me after dark again and I'll hold you]

Elladan paused before the door of the talan he had been leading them to, turning to pull her into his embrace, careful not to hit her broken ribs, just resting his forehead to hers.

[Hold you]

Lorwen nudged his face with her nose and Elladan turned his head to brush a fleeting kiss across her lips. Without breaking the light contact Elladan opened the door and led her into the darkened talan, walking himself backwards.

[I am nothing more than to see you there]

Elladan left her in the center of the front room, moving quickly to light a few candles there and several in the bedroom. He quickly returned, removing the blindfold and bidding her open her eyes.

[Hold you]

He gently drew her once more into his embrace as she looked about, eyes adjusting to the flickering light.

"This is Rumil's talan!" She turned her head to Elladan. "Why..."

Elladan silenced her with a finger to her lips, explaining, "He lent it to us for the night," before reaching down to begin a slow exploration of her lips. He brushed his tongue against her lips, requesting entrance. She opened her mouth to him, their tongues dueling as he deepened the kiss, letting his desperation show for a moment before he reigned it back in.

[And maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away]

Lorwen wrapped her arms around his neck, losing herself in the feeling of his hands traveling across her shoulders and back. She so lost herself in the intensity of the kiss, she forgot about her broken fingers until she grasped Elladan's hair with her left hand, causing herself to gasp at the sudden intrusion of pain.

Elladan pulled away for a moment, searching her dilated eyes.

"Gotta watch those," she murmured before rather boldly pulling his mouth back to hers. They lost all sense of their surroundings, losing themselves in each other spurred on by the fact they only had this night.

[We'll be lost before the dawn]

Elladan slowly released Lorwen, gently taking her hands in his, leading her to the bedroom. He sat her down on the edge of the bed before disappearing back to the outer room, followed by Lorwen's curious gaze. He quickly returned with two glasses of rich red liquid, offering one to the blonde, that she graciously accepted.

He sat next to her, the candlelight glinting off his raven tresses, tingeing them with red, the light dancing in his grey eyes.

Lorwen's hair shone like spun gold, her eyes twinkling in the flickering light as she sipped the liquid. Her eyes widened as she dropped her gaze to the glass in surprise. "This is pure Murivour!" she exclaimed.

Elladan's smile only widened at her reaction. "I ahem borrowed the flask my brother had borrowed from Ada," he said by way of explanation.

Her eyes danced with merriment at the disclosure as she continued to sip the richly flavored wine. Holding the glass carefully in her left hand, not to jar the injury, she reached out her right hand to trace the planes of Elladan's face.

Elladan closed his eyes at the gentle caress reveling in the feeling of her fingers gliding across his skin. It was as if she were trying to memorize his features with her fingertips. Unable to keep his own eyes shut, Elladan opened them to gaze into Lorwen's seeing her barely restrained desire in their depths.

[If only night can hold you where I can see you, my love]

The elder twin took the glass from her after another sip, placing them aside as he drew her to her feet. He kissed her slowly, savoring the mixture of Murivour and Lorwen's own unique flavor on his tongue. His hands moved between them, undoing the clasps of her tunic before sliding it over her shoulders and down her arms to the floor.

Emboldened by the drink, Lorwen pushed his hands away from his own tunic, slowly undoing the clasps, only slightly hindered by her broken fingers. She removed the article of clothing, pausing to slide her hands over the smooth expanse of his chest down toward his abs.

Elladan trembled under her innocent exploring touch, willing himself still to maintain control and not rip the remaining clothing from her form and take her right then. He caught her hands as they approached his leggings, instead placing them on his chest as he pulled her close.

[Then let me never ever awake again]

Lorwen could feel the length of his arousal pressing into her abdomen at the close proximity. She let him lead, slightly fearful at her own inexperience.

Elladan kissed along her jaw as his slightly trembling hands went to the tucked ends of her wrapped halter undergarment. He tugged the ends free, unwrapping the length of cloth from her, kissing down her neck as he dropped it to the ground. He wrapped his arms around her back, again carefully avoiding her broken ribs as he pressed their bared chests to each other.

Lorwen gasped at the contact, her nipples brushing against the silken skin of his chest, bringing them fully erect.

Elladan leaned her back, kissing his way down to the hardened buds, taking one in his mouth and gently sucking on it, listening as Lorwen gasped again at the new sensation, a low moan escaping her slightly parted lips. He held her in place, lavishing attention on the rosy bud as his other hand dropped to the lacings of her leggings. He deftly undid them, letting them slide down her legs to the floor.

Lorwen wrapped her arms around his neck as he placed one arm under her lower back, the other beneath her buttocks and lifted her. She kicked off her boots, the leggings falling to the floor.

[And maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away]

Elladan carried her to the bed setting her softly down on the pallet nestling between her thighs, his forearms on either side of her shoulders, keeping his full weight off her injuries. As he kissed his way down to her other breast he kicked off his boots, keeping his leggings on. The barrier the fabric provided allowed him to maintain his control and keep his pace slow.

Lorwen's hands tangled in his black hair, tugging lightly as her breathing increasingly came in gasps, soft moans leaving her mouth. She moaned into his mouth as Elladan reached up to kiss her fiercely, his desperation at their plight finally shining through. She kissed him back with equal fervency, understanding the urgency yet wishing the night to last forever.

[We'll be lost before the dawn]

The dark half-elf kissed his way down the length of her quivering body to the nest of blonde curls at the apex of her thighs. Lorwen gasped, her hands tightening in his hair as he landed kisses on her inner thighs, lifting her legs to place them on his shoulders.

Lorwen tugged on his hair, bringing his eyes back to hers, her fear shining clearly.

Elladan placed on hand on her stomach, rubbing soothingly. "Trust me meleth."

Lorwen nodded mutely, dropping her head back to the bed, losing herself in the feel of Elladan's lips on her thighs. Lorwen jerked, gasping loudly as Elladan dipped his tongue between her folds. Only his hand, still resting on her stomach, kept her in place.

Elladan held her in place as he increased the pressure of his tongue, stimulating the bundle of nerves at the head of her folds. As she rode wave after wave of sensation he slowly inserted one finger in her channel, her body jerking again at the sudden invasion. He rubbed the spot inside her sending shockwaves through her system.

He carefully inserted a second and then third finger, her juices quickly lubricating them as he moved them in out, still licking her clitoris. Her unusually strenuous lifestyle as a warrior had already ruptured much of her maidenhead, but she would still feel discomfort at him entering her and he sought with his actions to minimize that discomfort.

As he felt her inner walls begin to clench with her orgasm he removed his hand from her stomach, undoing his leggings and pushing them down.

Elladan stimulated her internal spot, his fingers entering her at a quickened pace as she arched her back off the bed, his movements pushing her higher and higher and lights exploded before her eyes. She rode wave after wave of sensation as he skillfully pushed her over the edge, his name escaping her lips in a loud cry.

[Somehow I know that we can't wake again from this dream]

As her body shuddered and her mind was still numbed with the overload of stimulation Elladan withdrew his fingers and climbed up her body to look in her eyes. The tip of his hardened length pressed against her slick entrance. Before her eyes could clear of the pleasured haze he swiftly but gently slid his length inside her, cleaving the remainder of her maidenhead, catching her cry in his mouth.

[It's not real, but it's ours]

He remained still as her body quivered, adjusting to his girth, his own tenuous control barely maintained at the feeling of her fluttering walls. He released her lips as her legs wrapped around his hips. He looked down into her face as she took several deep shuddering breaths. He brushed a lock of her golden hair out of her face, gazing down at her with complete adoration.

"Are you alright Melamin?"

She smiled softly up at him, her fingers tracing his face, watching the way the candlelight sent flickering shadows across its planes. She nodded, "Aye, Elladan. I am well."

Elladan turned his head to kiss one of her hands as he slowly began to move within her. She gasped at the new sensations her eyes fluttering closed. He rocked slowly until he was sure she had adjusted then began to thrust in and out, his own eyes closing.

[Maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away]

After a moment he reopened his eyes looking down at Lorwen's face. Her mouth was open and her breath was coming in audible gasps. "Look at me Melamin."

Lorwen opened her eyes, gazing to the grey orbs of her love. Elladan increased his pace and the depth of his thrusts, hitting that spot inside her with every stroke. Lorwen moaned loudly in response, her short nails digging into his back, leaving fiery trails in their wake. Elladan gasped with her.

[We'll be lost before the dawn]

He quickened his pace, unable to hold back the encroaching feeling of finality, the desperation, burying himself to the hilt with each stroke as he felt her nearing a second release.

Lorwen used her legs to lever him deeper inside her with every thrust, matching his own sense of desperation. They both cried out loudly as they drew ever closer to the edge.

Lorwen cried out Elladan's name again as their movements sent her spiraling over the edge.

Elladan followed her closely after, her clenching muscles driving him forward as he spilled his seed deep within her.

[Maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away]

Elladan dropped exhausted on top of her, eliciting a pained gasp. Remembering her broken ribs, he rolled them onto his back, still joined intimately. He twisted sliding them back against the pillows, capturing the coverlet and wrapping them in it at the same time.

Lorwen lay bonelessly against his chest, her head tucked in the curve of his neck. Elladan twisted his head to look in her eyes, the candlelight turning them a shade of fine gold. She smiled at him and opened her mouth. They spoke simultaneously.

"Melamin."

It was more than a word, a statement, more than a declaration, beyond a promise, forever.

Elladan spoke next, "Sleep Melamin, for the dawn comes too soon and you have a hard journey before you."

"Mine is not the only hard journey, but I recognize the wisdom of your words." Lorwen settled herself to sleep against his chest, reveling in the feeling of fullness, with him still buried within her.

Elladan watched her eyes lose their focus and kissed her forehead. He remained awake, alternately engraining the moment, her face, in his memory forever and looking out the window, waiting for the tell-tale lightening sky that would come, heralding the end of their first and last night together.

[We'll be lost before the dawn.]
Sign up to rate and review this story