Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > In Harms Way

Chapter two- Give it All

by FreedomStorm 0 reviews

They say he set fire to his previous school and has a stach of knives inside his jacket, I try not to believe it, but i can't help to find him somewhat dangerous.. it's alluring

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-12-30 - Updated: 2011-12-30 - 1483 words

2Exciting
Thank you so so much for the reviews and the rates! It really helps a lot(: Let me know what you think(: xo

I boredly trace the deeply etched in graffiti of my desk with the tip of my finger, letting my mind wander further and further away from English class and Mr Merrik's agonising monotoned drawl.
I looked at the boy sitting next to me, the class has had a recent change in the seating under Mr Merrik's orders and split people away from their friends. Not that this affected me in any way. I've never spoken to the boy before, not that there's any particular reason, he seems kind enough, he just never crossed my mind.
He sat with his chin in his palm, elbow propped on the desk top looking at Mr Merrik tiredly, clearly not taking a single word the teacher was saying in. The boy had straight, mousy brown hair which fell casually over hi glasses, covering his large hazel eyes . He dressed similair to me, but he missed out the light layer of eyeliner and died hair, though he did wear a black Green Day tshirt, we have that in commen.
"I bet I stopped listening before you did." I whispered to him, taking a chance with human interaction.. A first in a long time for me!
I saw a small smile play on the boys lips and he turned to me.
"I doubt that." He chuckled.
"Mr Iero, face the front." said Mr Merrik, pausing to ponder momentarily before continuing with his lecture.
I sighed and continued scratching at the desk, feeling like I should say something more to the boy, something to keep the conversation flowing, maybe we could become friends. But, I didn't know what to say or do, and I didn't want to get my hopes up.. People don't usually like me anyway.
"I know we have been in the same class this whole year, but i never caught your name." I hear the boy whisper.
I'm almost taken aback, i look up trying to conseal my surprise that the specticaled boy wanted to talk to me. "Frank." I say, giving him a little smile.
He nodded, "I'm Mikey."
For the whole lesson Mikey and I talk, and it's a lot easier to contain the conversation that i thought it would be. The two of us had a lot in commen, so it seemed. We talked about music, movies, school and comics.
The bell rang, interupting our talk. Mikey and i had separate classes next.
"Would you like to sit with me and my friends today, Frank?" He asked kindly on our way out the door.
I felt something inside my twist with excitement. I smiled at Mikey and nodded.
"Cool. We sit under the big oak tree across from the cafeteria." He said.
"Okay, see you there then."
Mikey nodded before turning away down the hall and out of sight. I watched him as he left, wondering if i'd just made a friend. I smiled to myself.
Then, out of what seemed nowhere, I felt a large, muscular shoulder wham into my own. I staggered backwards, hitting the locker behing me hard. I looked up at the sadistic face of Scott.
"His ickle Frankie got himself a boyfriend?" He mocked, looking down on me, trying to make me feel smaller than usual.
I don't say anything, instead I quickly slip away from him and walk quickly away, keeping my head hung low.
"See you at lunch then!" He called after me.
I turned back, making sure he wasn't following me, before I gripped my throbbing arm. I hate showing that he'd hurt me infront of him, it's like I'm showing weakness, and I can't let him have that joy.
I hate it when he tells me he'll get me, the suspence is bad enough to drive anyone insane, especially when the perp is Scott. He's the kid in school who looks as though he should have left a long time ago. He's well over 6 feet tall, with bulging arms, making his head look smaller than normal, his blonde hair is slick and the kind that girls talk about running their fingers through. It's really quite sick.
I feel like i can never escape Scott. It's like he's hunting me. What i think makes it worse is the happiness he gets when he sees me struggle. My pain makes him smile, baring all his perfect white teeth.
I let out a shaky breath and continue to class.

I make it to lunch, but without seeing Scott. I've trained myself out of niaveity. He'll come for me soon enough. I physically shake my head, trying to eliminate his haunting smile from my mind.
I head to the tree where Mikey told me to meet him, I'm still cautiously searching for Scott. I can't imagin my embarassment if Mikey saw Scott beat me up. Mikey would see me for who I really was.. Fragile, vunreable, a coward..
I see Mikey sitting under the tree with another boy. I recognise the boy, he's a Junior called Gerard. He's kind of an outcast. Quite a few people are actually scared of him, their's all these rumours about him setting fire to his previous school and having varouis sized knives in the inside of his jacket. To be honest I try not to believe it, but I can't help but find him somewhat dangerous, it's alluring.. He had jet black hair which was scruffy and fell over his eyes, almost like rockstar hair, his hazel eyes were dramatically inhanced by his pale, flawless skin. He was tall, and dressed mainly in black skinny jeans and leather jacket. I always thought he was kind of a loner, like me. But seeing him calmly chat to Mikey showed that i underestimated him. I wasn't expecting him to be a friend of Mikey's. I saw Gerard look up at me, or I think he was looking at me, I was standing a fair distance away, and I swore I saw a small smile cross his lips before he returned his attention to Mikey.
I feel my stomach tighten as i watch him talk to Mikey, replaying the smile in my head. I begin to walk towards the two of them when, not to my sirprise, I hear Scott..
"Iero" I turn to see Scott standing right behind me.
"I hope I didn't keep you waiting." He smirked, his two compainions laughing.
I qucikly dart my eyes around the grouds, only to see people looking over at us, almost with anticipation.. Like my misery was entertainment.
I didn't see the first hit coming, Scott got me directly in the stomach. I felt the air escape me lungs as I doubled over, clutching my stomach. I fell to the ground.
"Don't let him see your pain." I think to myself, "Keep some dignity."
I shakily rise to my knees, then stumble to my feet. I've never stood back up after Scott hit me before, and i don't know why I did today, it's almost like something click. The something I'd been waiting for.
I looked at Scott's smug face and I could tell he was surprised that i got back up.
I raised my fist and struck Scott in the jaw, making him stumble back. My eyes widened, I did it. Almost everyone had turned to watch now. I felt my knees tremble and Scott easily regained balance, looking furious that he'd been hit by someone as pathetic as me. There was a split second where our eyes locked together, his filled with anger, mine with fear.
He punched me hard in the skull, the hardest i think he's ever punched me. My vision blurs slightly as I stumble back, and just as I'm about to fall he grips my shoulders and lifts his knee to my stomach, making me lose my breath and cough out blood. I suddenly fell him drop me and I stagger slightly. I feel someone behind me step forwards, pushing me behind them with one swift arm movement. My vision begins to blacken before I hear the thumping footsteps of Scott's friends and the sound of a fist colliding with a face which I'm surprised to hear by the groan is Scott's. I fall down, my legs not being able to hold on any more. But I feel someone stop me from hitting the ground hard. I see the pericing hazel eyes of Mikey and hear Scott yelling at someone, pain recognisable in his voice, before everything turns black.

Okay, not my best work, I know. But believe me it'll get better! I'm just having an off day I guess, and the chapters will be longer. Thank you if you're reading this story and Rate and review please! Let me know I'm not talking to myself here(: xox
Sign up to rate and review this story