Categories > TV > WWE > Never Let This Go

but I can't find the words to tell you..

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Please don't get me wrong, because I'll never let this go. CM Punk/Chris Jericho

Category: WWE - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-01-02 - Updated: 2012-01-03 - 1421 words - Complete

1Insightful
Prompt: Tattoo

Chris always found himself staring in amazement at Phil’s plethora of tattoos. Admittedly, Chris wasn’t a big fan of tattoos—himself only having two: his wedding ring and an F to represent Fozzy on the back of his hand—but Phil’s colorful array of tattoos always intrigued him, for reasons he couldn’t explain. The Canadian also had to admire Phil’s threshold for pain, because he knew that there was no way he could get that many tattoos. The two he had hurt like hell when he’d got them, but for Phil, the pain didn’t seem to be a problem. Chris thought that most people only got tattoos because they thought it was cool, but with Phil, each tattoo had a meaning and a story behind it, and he admired that.

Prompt: Rain

When Punk leapt up the steps and bounded into Jericho’s house, the fact that he was dripping wet and his shoes were soaked with mud didn’t even cross Chris’ mind. His once impeccably-clean floor was now riddled with mud and water, but he didn’t care. All he could do at that moment was stare back at Phil, who was standing before him looking sexier than Chris had ever seen him, with water dripping off of his chin and his hair matted to his forehead.

“Like what you see, Jericho?”

Prompt: Sunrise

Chris wasn’t a morning person by any means, and neither was Phil. Both of them usually stayed up until the wee hours of the morning, after their friends had long passed out due to needing sleep. What they would do during said hours varied, but on this particular day, Chris was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast for the kids since it was his weekend with them. He wasn’t expecting anyone besides Ash, Cheyenne and Sierra, but when Phil strolled into his kitchen at sunrise, unannounced, Chris wasn’t really surprised. He just chuckled to himself as he got another plate from the dishwasher for the Chicago native.

Prompt: Sunset

Nighttime was when Chris felt that he truly came alive. Whether he was in the wrestling ring or onstage, as the case was recently, Chris didn’t care. There was something about the night and its dark atmosphere that he loved—almost like a familiarity—and if Chris could, he would spend all of his days sleeping and the remaining hours exploring. Punk was the same way, which was one of the many reasons why they clicked so well.

Prompt: Midnight

Another year wasted, Chris thought as he downed his drink. Though he liked to put on the wild and crazy persona of Chris Jericho, the rock and roll star, his real persona couldn’t be any further from that. He did like to have fun and cut loose with his buddies—maybe a little too much, but it didn’t fill the void like it did when Chris was in his twenties. No longer did the rock and roll lifestyle appeal to him, and Chris didn’t know when that had happened, but he knew that he longed for something more now.

He downed another drink and as he wiped the back of his mouth, Chris’ thoughts went to Phil and what he was doing at this very moment. Was it midnight yet where he was?

Prompt: Sick

There was no denying that Phil was sick, but he was going to do just that. Colt’s efforts to take care of him were loudly rebuffed, as Phil made it clear in no uncertain terms that if Colt came near him with that sponge again, he would shove said sponge up Colt’s ass and make him choke on it. Phil would be the first to admit that he was hateful and grouchy 99% of the time, but when he was sick, it was even worse. Never mind the fact that people barely wanted to be around him as it was—when he was sick, everyone knew to stay as far away from Phil as possible, except for Colt. Phil wondered sometimes if Colt really was that stupid or if he was just a glutton for punishment, because he’d made it known on several occasions that he wanted to rip the younger boy’s head off and shit down his neck, in exactly those words.

But when Chris called Colt and offered to take Phil off of his hands, Colt gladly accepted, grateful to escape a day of detailed threats from Phil. And when Chris showed up at his place in Chicago, even though he was sick, Phil’s mood instantly lightened.

Prompt: Freedom

Most people would normally be sad upon receiving divorce papers from their significant other, but for Chris, it was a victory. He’d finally won the freedom he’d been fighting for, which meant that he and Phil could finally be together, actually be together, without having to sneak around. It wasn’t that he particularly minded sneaking around—Chris had had more than one extramarital affair during his marriage with Jessica—but it was beginning to get frustrating, having to make excuses to Jessica and ducking her incessant questions all the time. Phil was his escape from all of that, and now, knowing that he could run to Phil whenever he wanted, made Chris feel like screaming in joy from the highest rooftop he could find.

Prompt: Anger

Chris hated being angry, and even more than that, he hated arguing with Phil. Their arguments often began because they had very similar personalities, and both of them were notoriously stubborn, but Chris was usually the first to cave in and apologize, even if he hadn’t done anything wrong. He was comfortable enough in his masculinity to put his pride to the side and apologize if it meant that he and Phil would stop arguing. Phil wasn’t the same way, but Chris didn’t mind, most of the time. It was yet another personality trait of Phil’s that Chris loved.

Prompt: Jealousy

When Chris saw the picture of Phil and Colt, both of them beaming with their arms around each other’s shoulders, he felt his blood begin to boil instantly. He knew that it was ridiculous to feel so, because Phil and Colt had been friends for years, long before Jericho even knew that Phil existed, but still, he couldn’t help it. Chris had always been a jealous person by nature, though he’d learned to curb it in recent years due to the fact that said jealousy had ended a number of his relationships.

Still, Chris felt his blood pressure rise every single time he saw the picture of Phil and Colt, and he contemplated tearing it into pieces and throwing it in the wastebasket, and telling Phil that the cat had done it, but in the end, he just couldn’t do it. He realized that he was being stupid and that his relationship with Phil was the most secure it had ever been. Chris was worrying for nothing.

Prompt: Truth

Telling Phil that he was in love with him was the single scariest thing Chris had ever done in his entire life, and he mentally kicked himself for feeling that way, because it wasn’t like this was the first time he had ever said the words to anyone. It was pretty well known that Chris had been with a slew of women in his lifetime, and when he was married to Jessica, before things went south, he’d never hesitated to tell her that he loved her—in fact, he did so at any and every given opportunity. But with Phil, it was different. Chris hadn’t spoken the words to the Chicago native for the longest time not because he didn’t want to, but because he’d been scared to admit it to himself, let alone Phil. Chris didn’t expect some lame, cheesy, Hallmark response from Phil when he spoke the words, because Phil just wasn’t like that. He didn’t expect anything in response, actually, but he knew that he had to tell Phil how he felt. The truth was that Chris Jericho was in love with CM Punk, odd as it probably seemed, but he didn’t care. Chris felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off of his shoulders now, and he was ready for whatever came next, whether it was good or bad.
Sign up to rate and review this story