Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Redemption: Second Chances

Birthday Bashed and Watched By Unseen

by Master_Of_Disaster 0 reviews

Harry Potter was abused ever since he was sent to the Dursleys. But one day, an elven angel that has been watching over him secretly, comes and wisks him away to live with her and her clan. How wil...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Harry, Other - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 749 words

0Original
Note: This first chpter is really just a backround thing. It doesn't have anything truly of consiquence, so if you can't handle reading this chapter, you'll still be able to pick up on the plot in later chpters.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Birthday Bashed and Watched By Unseen

Boy! Get out here!"

The roar echoed threw number 4 privit drive like a foghorn. Harry Potter gave a small squeak of terror as he anticipated what was to come. He curled up in a ball in his tiny cupboard nest, trying to protect as much of his small, 10-going-on-11-year old body as he could manage.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE FREEK!" His Uncle Vernin roared again. "I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU FOR YOUR FREEKY 11TH BIRTHDAY!"

The little boy said nothing in reply, not totally convinced. After the hell that had been his life for the last 11 years, 11 months, and 12 days (he was misrable enough to count it all up), he was hardly expecting so much as a 'hello', even today. He wasn't bitter though. He always belived everything happend for a reason...

"Come get it!" His Uncle taunted in a sing-song voice from outside his door.

Harry made no move to get up, or acknowledge the man at all. He knew it was no present, what was about to occure, and he would postpone the moment as much as he could before it happend.

"INGRATE!" His Uncle roared after waiting about 10 seconds. "I'm comeing to get you then!" and so her wrenched the door open, and dragged him out. Harry didn't protest. He assumed he had done something to desurve this.

"This-" He hit Harry over the head. "will-" he hit Harry in the stomack. "knock-" he kicked Harry in the knees. "the freek out of you!" he took a belt from the coat hanger neer him and proceade to pound him indiscriminently all over the young boy's body.

Harry Potter made no sound. This beeting was regular-practicly daily- ever since he was 4 years old. The first year he screamed. Screamed like hell at that. But Vernen meerly beet him worst the louder he was. So after awile he went quiet...

Now he was being subjected to it worse-since it was his birthday... "Happy Birthday to me" he though hopelessly. His Uncle was always drunk. All the time. And when he was drunk, he took it out on him. Simple and clear. If you didn't belive him, the scares all along his back-and the rest of him for that matter-proved it quite clearly.

"Get out of my sight!" Vernin roared, kicking the broken boy into the cupboard, and slamming it shut behind him as he wobbled out of the room to throw up in the bathroom.

"Ouch!" he hissed quietly as he nursed his new injeries. That was worse then normal. The beeting had lasted for at least 20 minutes. Then again, he had deserved it, he convinced himself. He didn't know why it was his fault, but it must have been. Why else was his life like this? He must have done something horrible.

'No one deserved to live like this unless they had done something horrible'he thought to himself, pulling out a picture of a very pritty women and a handsome man bolth holding a child. The child was him. He had figured that he was the baby a while ago.

He thought alot actually. He was very smart for a boy of 10-going-on-11 that had had no schooling in his life. He had lerned early on that he had to take care of himself.

None else was going to.

He sighed and put the picture away. 'I'v got to go to the park' he though suddenly. He opend the cupboard door a crack to see if he could sneek out without attracting his drunk uncle's wrath.

He could tell it was neerly night-time. The sky was darkening, and it was cold outside. He pulled the old, ragged coat he wore close tword him as he dashed out the door.

He didn't notice a figure standing in the shaddows of a large tree, yards away from him, who had seen the whole beeting. He didn't notice the figure shake her head, and follow scilently behind the boy, takeing care to make sure none noticed her.

"Poor little Harry" she wispired to herself, gliding after her young quarry.

"It wasn't suppose to be this way..."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please read and review! I would love to hear from you!" -so proclaims the master of random disaster!
Sign up to rate and review this story