Categories > Original > Romance

A Letter to a Friend

by HoboINTHESewer 0 reviews

This will be deleted as soon as it is sent.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-01-10 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 335 words

0Unrated
Dear Kerri,
I know you aren’t talking to me anymore, and that’s cool. I completely understand. I guess that you’ll understand when I say that this is my goodbye. I can’t keep waiting for you to talk to me, because it’s not going to happen. I know what’s happening - the same thing that happened with Ryele. You talked to him until he got annoying and weirded you out, and then you gradually distanced him until you stopped talking to him completely. That’s what’s happening here, and it’s killing me. But I’ve accepted it as best I can. So, this is me saying goodbye. If you change your mind, I’ll be here. But I’m done trying. I am done putting forward the effort. I’m sorry, but I can’t be the strong one this time.
Here are the chapters of the stories that I’ve written since we last spoke. I think I’m done with Ficwad, because I just don’t have time anymore. But I started writing Early Sunsets for you, and I’m going to finish it. I updated Danger Days, and wrote another story called Sing It Out. You don’t have to comment, or answer this email, but here they are anyway.
I love you, Ker. As a best friend as well as everything else. I know you probably don’t care, and probably think I’m on the same level as AJ at this point, but you know what? I think I can live with that. It’s hard to lose another best friend, but it was my own idiocy that did it. I’m sorry for everything.
Goodbye, Kerri. Thank you for saving my life, and making me realize that loving someone isn’t always a bad thing, even if your heart does get broken. You realize things about yourself that you never knew before. And every broken heart just makes you stronger.
Love,
Maddy
Sign up to rate and review this story