Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Redemption: Second Chances

Queen Ashleigh and Missing

by Master_Of_Disaster 0 reviews

Harry Potter was abused ever since he was sent to the Dursleys. But one day, an elven angel that has been watching over him secretly, comes and wisks him away to live with her and her clan. How wil...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 1503 words

-1TrainWreck
Disclaimer: I own what you do not recognise. Mainly Queen Ashleigh, Sky, and the rest of theElven clan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3:Queen Ashleigh and Missing

Harry tumbled less then gracefully out of the portal, as Sky landed neatly beside him. Smiliing wryly, she offered her hand, and helped him to his feet.

"Ouch!"

"First time threw is always the hardest," she insisted, dusting off her charge's clothes. When she was done, she did a dubble-take. "We are so getting you a new wardrob after we're done here."

"Where is /here/, anyways?" Harry asked, looking admiringly around at the white marble hall they had stumble into.

"We are currently in the Entrance Hall to the Palace."

"Who's Palace?" asked Harry warily.

Sky gave him a playful smile, and strode off without responding. Harry scurried after her.

After a few minutes of passing more halls, and lots of people dressed in long green cloaks, and holding wepons, ("Palace gards," Sky explained) they finnally reached a large golden door with a large saphire for a handle.

Smiling reassuringly at Harry, Sky waved her hand in front of a small silver plate placed next to the door. The handle turned itself, and the door opend slowly. Sky gestured for Harry to stay quiet as they entered.

The Throne Room of the Palace was exquisite crafted of white marble, and decorated with saphires, emeralds, rubies, gold and sevral other things that Harry did not know the names of. He obayed the request of silence made by Sky as they both made their way toward the throne, surrounded by gards, in the centre of the room.

Seated to the right of the throne, to Harry's surprise, was a coal-black panther with pure silver teeth and claws. It's saphire blue eyes followed their progress threw the room carefully. There was a crown of pure silver and gold leaves gracing the crest of it's head, for a reason Harry was not sure of yet, and he didn't think now was a good time to ask. Just as unusual was the fact that the beast was allowing the one seated on the throne to stroke it's head. On the contrary, it looked to be enjoying the tuch.

Harry looked up to see the owner of the hand sitting alertly on the throne. It was a female that looked to be about 25 or so in human years. She had dark, almost black, wavy brown hair that went to her waist, and dark tanned skin. Her eyes were so like the panthers it was eery, and she wore a navy blue gown that reached her ankles. Gold braclets decorated her wrists, and a neckless that looked exactly like Sky's adorned her neck, but with the colors of navy blue and gold instead. On the top of her head was a crown of pure gold and silver leaves exactly like the panther's,and signifying that she was the current Queen.

Once they were in reasonable distance from the Queen, Sky bowed. Harry hastened to imitate the gesture, and as he did, he noticed the panther seemed to nodd it's approval.

"Greatings, your highness," Sky said, respectfully.

"Greatings, Skyler. You may both rise, and tell me whom you are, child," the Queen said calmly.

"Sure thing, but can I speek to you privetly, Queen Ashleigh?" Sky asked, glancing at the gards lining the room.

Queen Ashleigh nodded her consent, and gestured for her gards to leave. They complied, and Harry made to leave with them, but Sky called him back.

"Don't be silly, Harry. This involves you." She turned back to the Queen and introduced him. "Mother, this is Harry Potter. The child whom I have been watching out for."

As Harry tried to not look to surprised that Sky was the Princess of her clan, he heard Ashleigh let out a long sigh, and her face fell into her hands. She mumbled something in which only the words "...impulsive child..." were distinguishable.

Harry was suddenly even more uncomfortable, and said quietly, "Queen Ashleigh, if you would like me to, I'll leave right now, I-"

Ashleigh cut him off before he could say anything more. Her head came out of her hands, and she smiled apologetically. "I was not refuring to you. And call me Ashleigh, Harry. You see, my child, Skyler, has been watching you for some time, and had constantly appealed to me to allow you to be brought here, and raised with the elven children. But as you have no elven blood in you, I asked her to wait until your 11th birthday, and then I would send someone to bring you here." Here she sent a reproving glance at Sky, who was watching her innocently.

"But I thought that this was an elven angel clan," Harry said, confused. "Sky said she was one, so how come-"

"You see, Harry, when one being loves another being /very much/, they-" Sky started out, looking amused. Harry fushed, and Ashleigh took pity on him, and cut Sky off.

"You see, my mate, Sky's father, was King of this elven clan, and he was a pure breed elf. Then we met, fell in love, and married, thus, making me Queen. I am a pure breed angel, and when we had Sky, she was a half angel, half elf. See how that works? But then a horrible plague drasticly decreased our numbers, and he was infected. Many of the pure breed elves passed on during that plague, as their blood was very susceptible to the desease. He was one of them. Sky was affected by it, too, but the angel immune system saved her."

Ashleigh and Sky both looked very sad at this. "Oh," Harry said, unable to this of anything else to say in the uncomfortable silence. "I'm r-really sorry."

Ashleigh smiled, and Sky gave his had a squeeze. "He was a wonderful being. We both loved him very much. The clan was very sad to hear of his passing. But life goes on, and he would not want us to morn him. After all, we shall see him again... As will you see your parents again someday, Harry," was Ashleigh's sage reply.

Harry smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Now, lets get you that wordrobe I threatened you with!" Sky said, more cheerful at her mother's words.

Ashleigh gave him a sympathetic look. "Skyler is very -erm- enthusiastic about fashion." She paused, and gave him a swift once-over. "Though to be fare, you'll need all the help you can get," she said, grimacing at Dudley's hand-me-downs that shadowed over Harry like circus tents.

Harry made a noise of protest, but Sky was already dragging Harry off, as Ashleigh watched them go with amusemant. She readjusted her crown, and shared a smile with the panther as her gards came back in the room. Twirling her marriage ring absently, she reminisced the day that her now-dead husband, Jaysion, proposed to her.

Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away at Privet Prive, the entire Order of the Phoenix was searching franticly for Harry James Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived-And-Is-Now-Missing-Because-We-Never-Bothered-To-Check-Up-On-Him.

XXXX

At Privet Drive

XXXX


Back at Privet Drive, pandemonium reigned.

Some Order of the Phoenix members were bellowing instructionsto people standing 4 feet away from themselves, and some were Obliviate-ing Muggles who had seen them apperate into the street. After hours of manic serching, however, one fact was esstablished without controversy.

Harry Potter was missing.

The second this declaration was affirmed, the pandemonium quickly escalated into unchecked chaos.

Several hysterical fits and stunning spells later, the chaos was almost completely abated. There were still quite a few people hyperventilating, but they were quickly composeing themselves. Before anything more could be done, there was a Crack! in the street.

Albus Dumbledore walked threw the now-silent crowd, who parted to allow him to pass. There was a loud silence as Albus stared at the immaculate house that stood proudly before him. He sighed before whispering quietly into the silent crowd of Order members.

His words floated threw the pleasent July air. "Where are you, Harry?"

Deciding that he would not get a responce, he turned back to the Order members, and softly requested for them to activate their portkeys to Hogwarts. They all did so after collecting their stunned comrads. All but one.

This one person hesitated, and murmured a plea to the heavens. "Please keep Harry safe... Even if I will never see him again." After this was said, he whispired the password ("One can never have enough socks,") into the portkey.

A second later, the street was once more empty, and no one would have been able to guess that one of the greatest myseries of the entire decade had just occured there hours ago.

Little did Remus Lupin know that, not only was Harry safe and in the care of one of the most powerful clan of beings in existance, but that he would see Harry again.

In approximately 4 years' time.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Read and Review, my good people!"-So proclaims the Master of Random Disaster!
Sign up to rate and review this story