Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Redemption: Second Chances

The Only Entrace Is A DRAMATIC Entrance

by Master_Of_Disaster 0 reviews

Harry Potter was abused ever since he was sent to the Dursleys. But one day, an elven angel that has been watching over him secretly, comes and wisks him away to live with her and her clan. How wil...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-06-22 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 2587 words

-1Illiterate
Disclaimer: I own what you don't recognize! All else is simply borrowed.

Before I forget:

The Familiars can talk to their humans and vice versa. But since Shadow, Coal, Fire, Jay, and Ares have a telepathic link, the familiars can talk to other humans other then their own. Example:

Coal's familiar says "I think we should go right." Jake answers, "No, left." So then Ares says "we need to go strait!" then Shadow's familiar can say "everyone shut up!" Then Ivy can say, "sssstupid, incompetent, idiotssss" aloud, and no one can understand her except Shadow and Ares who know Parseltongue. So even though Ivy, the snake familiar, can converse normally on the mental link with the others, only Shadow and Ares can understand Parseltongue when it is spoken aloud. It may be confusing for you, but hopefully you'll catch on.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER 5: THE ONLY ENTRANCE IS A DRAMATIC ENTRANCE

"So! Off to the Wizarding World, Hmmm?" Sky commented. She had been waiting for Ares in his room to help him pack, and to chat.

"Yes m'am," Ares confirmed. Opening his multi-compartment truck he had received for his birthday last year, Ares began to survey his room carefully, considering what he should take.

"You realize that you must reveal that you are also Harry Potter, right?"

Ares gave a disgruntled sigh as he began to walk around the room, collecting some of his more important book, pictures, and other assorted items to pack away in their respective trunk compartments. "Why do you insist on so much drama?" Ares wondered. "A lot of good that will do me. I won't be able to walk two feet before some loud-mouth shouts, 'Oy! Look! It's Harry Potter!' and everyone'll mob me!"

Skyler chuckled her amusement, and shifted her pure-silver wings into a more comfortable position before responding. "Don't worry, my dear little Ares," Sky teased, noting affectionately how her son's face pulled into a grimace at the word 'little'. "I'm sure they'll think twice about coming anywhere near you for several reasons! One," Sky put up a finger, "you'll have Coal in the near vicinity, and she was always rather...active in making her displeasure of large groups of idiots converging on her or her friends known. Two," she put up another finger, " Ivy was never one to let anything jostling her, and has painfully noticeable ways of expressing it. And three," she put up another finger, "you're not so fun to deal with yourself when people annoy you. You're instructors have noticed you have uncomfortably good aim with a sword. 'Almost nailed them a few times," Sky finished off, smiling proudly at the now blushing Ares.

"... Anyways," Ares said, changing the topic. " Ashleigh said we leave in the morning. Is anyone accompanying us and making sure Jay doesn't prank the world senseless, Fire doesn't out-cheer the inventor of the Cheering Charm, Coal doesn't make a nun swear, and Shadow doesn't over mood-swing a Bipolar?"

Sky smirked, and said, "Nah. You're going to have to baby-sit full time, dear. Ashleigh seems to feel that you can handle yourselves." A flash of pride swelled from Ares' heart. Ashleigh trusted him completely! "-and so you're going to have to save the world from general insanity by the rest of your troops." Skyler was saying.

"Mmmm..." Ares mused, heading for his closet, and intending to empty it in into his trunk.

"Nope, my dear," Sky admonished gently, making him look at her in confusion. "We can't have you running around in your Elvin clothes. You'd stick out like a soar thumb." She waved her hand in an arch, and a rush of Elvin magic swept him in what felt like a cool breeze. When it had passed, Skyler explained. "This is what you will be wearing for the duration of your stay with the Wizards." Ares looked down at his clothes and raised an eyebrow.

He now wore a deep emerald-colored wizard's cloak with elegant silver embroidery of miniature Ivy leaves and Illiona Rattlers on the edges. Under his cloak, Ares wore a fitting jet-black T-shirt, and equally dark jeans with a silvery belt. Ivy hissed in annoyance at the suddenness of the spell, and called Sky some rather creative names that Ares wasn't sure the snake would have the courage to say if the Elvin-angel could understand her words, as she slithered down onto the floor with Sky's apology. On his forearm, concealed by his sleeve, was a sky-blue wand holster that was empty since Ares didn't need a wand.

When he questioned Sky about it, the Elvin-angel visibly winced, and muttered that Ashleigh would explain it the next morning. Shrugging it off as unimportant, he continued to chat with Sky as he did every night before he went to bed. He asked her what she knew of the wizarding world, and where he was being sent unparticular. Skyler told him that she didn't know where he would be sent exactly except that it was somewhere in England, and proceeded to tell him about the country's current events.

"... Just enjoyed a good scandal, actually." Sky informed him. "Apparently, this guy named Sirius Black was sent to some sort of jail without a trial because of some trouble a few years back. Then, a guy named Peter Pettigrew was caught being an unregistered animagus or something, and Sirius was given a huge apology and compensation. But Fudge didn't get off so easy. All the countries that he had warned about Sirius were rather horrified at the idea that someone was sent to the dementors without even a trial of all things. The French Minister personally port keyed over, and started yelling in his native language. If I didn't hate Fudge's guts, I would have took pity on the poor bloke and translated. But the French Minister decided a good slap across the face was a rather universal understanding.

"And those Americans in the United States are really vocal about it, too. A very self-righteous lot, they are. 'Sent loads of howler, from what Ambraisia said. Started going on about 'what part of innocent until proven guilty' did he not understand, and if he had 'ever heard of Varituserum'. At least those Americans only cause damage to his ego, to be fare. The South Americans in Chile, Brazil, and the like, however, were a little less for talking, and very enthusiastic on cursed letters. Good for them!" Sky beamed.

Ares snickered as he finished packing all his new 'uniforms' Sky had given him (about ten of them), and closed his trunk He shrunk it, and put it in his pocket before announcing, "Think I'm done."

"Good. Go to bed!" Sky ordered cheerfully. Ares didn't bother to complain. Skyler was very stubborn when she ordered him about on his health.

"'Night, Sky," Ares said, after giving Sky a hug on her way out the door.

"'Night, Re. Good luck on your mission." She said, returning the gesture before leaving the room...

(0)(o)(0)

The next morning was an excited affair, and Ares nearly ran into Jay as he was about to enter the throne room.

"Ouch!" the two had whined in mutual agreement, before getting to their feet, then really spotting each other.

"Nice robes, Dude." Jay smirked.

"You too," Ares retorted.

To them, of course, the idea of wearing a cloak every time they left their house was a real joke; not to mention extremely impractical. Ares was wearing the outfit that Sky had given him the night before, and saw that Jay's was rather similar in style in comparison. The only differences were really that: instead of an emerald green cloak with ivy leaves and snakes, Jay's was blood red with gold embroidery of miniature maple leaves and blue jays. Instead of a jet-black T-shirt, he wore a dark-red T-shirt and brown belt, though he wore the same plain black jeans as Ares. He also had a tree-bark brown wand holster on his forearm, but he seemed to be completely at a loss about what to do with it, and had even put it on backwards.

Jay's Blue-Jay familiar, Jaylin, settled back atop the sandy-haired boy's head before Ares pushed open the door. They found their 3 other friends inside already, all chatting merrily. Even Coal wasn't being a sarcastic demon, and was genuinely excited about taking a trip outside the world she had known her whole life.

Fire was wearing a knee-length sapphire-blue skirt and equally blue shirt, a gold-colored wand holster, and a long sunshine-yellow cloak with gold embroidery of miniature lilies and Beagles. She held her little Beagle familiar, Lily, in her lap, and was petting the dog's excited head with her right hand as she chatted on with Coal and Shadow.

Coal wore a lavender shirt, and a dark (clearly opposing her will) knee-length skirt with her wand holster being silver. She also had a dark purple cloak with silver embroidery featuring miniature roses with thorns still attached, and ravens poised for flight. Her pure-black Raven familiar, Damien, was perched on her shoulder, and gazing around alertly as Coal conversed.

And finally there was Shadow, who wore a navy-blue shirt, and matching skirt. Over this was an inky-black cloak with bright yellow embroidery of miniature poison oak leaves, and crouching wolves. Standing dutifully next to her chair was her silver-black wolf familiar, Jupiter, whom she petted absently as she listened to Fire saying something.

"Hey, guys!" Jay called loudly over to the three girls. They and their familiars all looked around at him, and the girls greeted him enthusiastically.

"Hey, Jay! Hey Ares!"

"'Sup, Re 'n Jay-Jay?"

"Caption and Pranks-allot! You grace us with your sparkling presences."

"Coal!" Jay exclaimed with mock hurt. "I thought you weren't going to be a prat today!" He ducked a swing at his head made by the girl, and tactically hid behind Fire, who giggled as Lily licked his face.

"Good morning everyone!" a voice called from the doorway. They all jumped, and spun around to see Ashleigh and Aurora striding towards them with their usual grace.

"Good morning, Queen Ashleigh." They all chorused at her with grins.

"Now, I see that you are all on time, very good. Now, are there any questions before you leave? Time is of the essence." Ashleigh said. Jay raised his hand in the air, and Aurora nodded at him.

Jay spoke hesitantly, and said, "Well, you see, there was this thing my mother gave me last night, and I have no idea what it is." He took out his wand holster, and waved it around in the air cluelessly. Shadow, Fire, and Coal also took theirs out and looked at Ashleigh expectantly, who seemed to steal herself to say something.

"Those are wand holsters," she finally said. "You will use wands where you are headed."

"Are you kidding me?" Coal muttered, putting her holster away disdainfully. Ashleigh raised a brown at her, and Aurora growled threateningly. Damien shifted uncomfortably at the noise, and Coal shut her mouth with a loud clink.

"You will also be needing these." Ashleigh explained, and crystals the color of their respective eyes, tied around a length of black ribbon, appeared on the necks of the five friend's familiars. "They are transport stones that will send you here if you are in danger. To activate them, simply say the word 'transport,' and then the name of yourself and your familiar. You shall then be safely sent here. More questions? No? Good. May your skills and knowledge keep you from danger. Head out." The five bowed, and Wind Shifted (which is like apperating) to the location Ashleigh gave them.

(0)(o)(0)

Hundreds of miles away, the Elvin warriors and their familiars landed gracefully on their feet, and checked themselves over.

"So this is where we have landed," Damien sneered, landing on a nearby tree branch.

"It seems so," replied Ivy.

"'Love what they've done with the place," commented Jay dryly, as he eyed the decrepit building they stood near with dislike.

"It smells fascinating," exclaimed Lily, sniffing meaningfully at a patch of weed-covered sidewalk that led to the house's front door.

"We aren't going in there," said Ares, looking at the map Ashleigh had given him. "We're going to a place called 'Hogwarts'." the others stared at him in disbelief.

"Who in their right mind would name a town after a wild pig's facial blemishes?" demanded Shadow. The others nodded their agreement.

"It's not a town," Ares offered. "It's a castle."

"These wizards are mad." said Coal flatly.

"Yes, but Ashleigh isn't. We had better get moving. It's already 7:03 AM," Ivy reminded them.

As the group made their way past the now-identified Shrieking Shack, and down the road towards 'Hogwarts', they talked rapidly threw their mental link about what the wizards' reaction would be to their arrival. Soon, they were threw the gates of the school, and walking up the sloping lawns, then came to a halt before the front door of the castle. Without hesitation, Shadow and Jupiter combined their energy and power threw their bond, and unlocked the heavily spelled door without so much as blinking. Once they reached the door that separated the Entrance Hall from the great hall, they heard loud voices coming from within.

"Maybe we shouldn't all go in at once." suggested Fire.

"Yah... One person should go in, get the Headmaster, and bring him out here to explain." Ivy slithered down from Ares to hover just a foot or so above the floor (A/N: Illiona Rattlers have the ability to 'swim' threw the air, so to speak, to avoid having to be on the ground and wearing out their scales on their underbellies) to join the others as they all sized each other up before Jay smirked, and exchanged a glance with Jaylin, who twittered in amusement.

"Who looks the most mysterious this morning?" asked Jay, innocently.

"Who has the scariest familiar?" put in Coal. Immediately, everyone gave each other headaches by screaming their opinions threw the link.

"Ares wearing green and black-!"

"Jupiter scares everyone out of their wits-!"

"Coal's scowl would make a grown Elf cry-!"

"Enough!" Ares exclaimed. Everyone looked at him. "Let's vote."

"All in favor of Ares, speak now, or forever hold you peace!" Ares scowled at Fire, who had spoken, when all hands (paws, wings, tails, and the like) rose simultaneously to meet the question.

"Off you go, then!" said Lily cheerfully, nudging him toward the door with her nose.

Ares scowled, and said aloud, "I hate you all." His friend's all smirked at him in turn. "Well... Here we go." Pulling his cloak's hood up to hid his face, he slouched towards the door.

"What's wrong with you, man?" Jay barked. "A good prank must be executed with a proud and mischievous posture!"

Ares, who had his back to Jay, made a very rude hand gesture over his shoulder. The last thing he heard before opening the door was a loud snort of amusement from his friends.

"Well, here goes nothing," Ares commented dryly. Gathering his courage, he reached for the door, and flung it open with a loud Bang! and strode into the room...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesss! Another chapter full of explanations and arguing! Next chapter is the confrontation! How will everyone react!

Also: You may have noticed, but Jupiter doesn't say much while everyone else is chatting on about who cares what. I have not forgoten him. He just doesn't talk much, with or without the link.

R&R

Master of Random Disaster
Sign up to rate and review this story