Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Bury Me In Black

by Fatalfashionista 1 review

The boys write on mysterious paper that bring some very interesting girls to life...but with a catch.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-01-12 - Updated: 2012-01-12 - 7347 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard stormed out of the lunch-room. He walked out the doors and sat outside. As soon as he got out, it started raining.
“Great, just great!” Gerard spat. He hunched his shoulders and headed toward his dorm. This was the third time. THE THIRD TIME! He should just give up on love completely. He sighed as he walked by the huge garbage bins. He kicked one and hurt his food.
“OW!” He screamed and opened up the bin. To his surprise, there was a huge black box. He took it out and opened it. Inside was a stack of cream colored paper and a note that read.
“Use only at great need.”
“Great need, huh? Well, I'm out of paper in my dorm, so I'm in 'great need' of paper.” He chuckled darkly and walked into his dorm throwing himself on the bed.
“I hate love.” He sighed and rolled over. There was Mikey, also in his bed, his eyes puffy and his face streaked with tears.
“Aww, not you too, bro.” Gerard sighed. Mikey nodded, his lip quivering.
“Her name was Betty, and she was so beautiful.” Mikey sighed and took off his glasses.
“Fogging up again?” Gerard sighed. Mikey nodded sorrowfully.
“What did you bring inside?” he asked.
“Just some paper, since we ran out.” Gerard shrugged.
“Cool.” Mikey sighed. They sat there for a few seconds, and then Mikey gasped.
“What is it?” Gerard asked.
“Let's make our own girls!” Mikey shouted.
“What!?!” Gerard cried.
“Yes! Let's draw and make our own girls. Ones that would love us right away. Ones that wouldn't ever reject us!” Mikey said, jumping off his bed and running over to the box.
“I don't know, I mean, wouldn't that make us more desperate?” Gerard asked, sighing.
“Just try it out with me, please?” Mikey asked and sat down at their large table. They used this as a combined desk so they both could work together.
“Okay, okay.” Gerard grabbed some paper also.
“So, what do you want your girl's name to be?” Mikey asked.
Gerard thought for a while. “Hmm, how about Ellen?”
“Brilliant.” Mikey grinned. “I think I'll name mine Mary.” He said, writing it down on the paper.”
“Classy.” Gerard chuckled.
“Well, I want her to be a little old fashioned. Okay, we need something special about them. Let's make them sisters!” Mikey cried.
“Okay, but let's add something magical to them.” Gerard laughed and rolled his eyes.
“They can be witches.” Mikey offered.
“Nice, but they have a curse on their entire family, something like...”
“If they fall in love with a boy, after a certain amount of time, that person dies.” Mikey suggested.
“Good, adds a little danger.” Gerard laughed.
“What do you want yours to look like?” Mikey asked.
“I'll give her red hair, like bright dyed red. Like a candy apple.” Gerard smiled. “She has glasses that she wears when she reads and dark brown eyes.” He started sketching.
“I'll have mine with dyed blue hair. You know, like a royal blue.” Mikey said. “Brown eyes, and always wears a necklace with a watch on it.” He grinned and stared on his sketch also.
“Mikey?” Gerard asked.
“Yeah, Gee?” Mikey asked.
“For some reason, I have a really good feeling about this.”
“Not like they'll come alive.” Mikey laughed and Gerard joined in.
*
Marie and Estelle sighed. First day, in the middle of the year. As always. They looked at each other worriedly.
“You sure you want to do this?” Marie asked Estelle.
“Yes. I think I can do it this time.” Estelle took a deep breath.
“We could always backpack the Rockies, if you want to.” Marie said.
“I know, I know. But I really have a good feeling about this school.” Estelle smiled at her sister.
“Okay. Remember, sis, it's only real if you believe in it.” Marie gave her sister a hug.
“Thanks.” Estelle said, hugging her sister back.
The two girls walked into the registry. There was an old lady with gray hair and gold-rimmed glasses. She looked up at them and sighed.
“You must be Phrazon sisters.” She said, in a high, shaky voice.
“Yes, ma'am.” Marie answered.
“I'm Mrs. Alabaster, if you need any help...” She said, giving the girls a suspicious look before handing them the schedules.
“Thank you, Mrs. Alabaster.” Estelle gave her a grin, flashing her brilliant white teeth.
“Don't...don't mention it dear.” Mrs. Alabaster said, looking back down at her work.
“I think we're dismissed.” Marie whispered. Estelle giggled and they walked out.
“What does your schedule say?” Estelle asked.
“Umm, well, I have creative writing, then Art and then Music 101.”
“Aww. I have Standard Historical Art, then Chemistry..” Estelle sighed.
“Artsy Chemistry?” Marie giggled.
“Ah well, nobody's perfect.” Estelle laughed.
“I'll see you at lunchen, then?” Marie asked.
“Yeah. I guess.” Estelle smiled and they both went their separate ways.
“Let's see. Standard Historical Arts is in building C.” Estelle said, looking at her paper. She walked hurriedly, not wanting to be late. She was rushing past building B when she ran into someone. She fell on the ground, dropping her books everywhere.
“Could you watch where you're going?” the boy's voice said, helping her up.
“I bloody well can take care of myself, thank you.” Estelle snapped.
“Oh, sorry. I wasn't paying attention.” It was Gerard. He stared at her. She was pale, with blood red hair. Her ruby lips were bright over her brilliant white teeth. She wore a black v neck shirt with black skinny jeans. She wore a right red belt and red converse.
“Ellen?” Gerard gasped.
“No...I'm Estelle.” Estelle rolled her eyes and got up.
“Oh, you just look a lot like someone I......know.” Gerard said awkwardly.
“Oh....kay? Estelle shook her head and started to walk away.
“Wait!” Gerard called.
“What!?!” Estelle shouted.
“Where are you going to?”
“Building C.”
“I'm going there too, let me, uh, walk you there.” Gerard offered.
“If I wasn't late I would say no.” Estelle winked and Gerard laughed.
“Okay. This way.” Gerard smiled.
“I figured.” Estelle laughed and Gerard joined in.
*
Mikey sighed as he leaned his head in his hand. Creative writing had started and he was in the back, by himself, again.
“If you find the perfect way to combine your paragraphs to make it poetical, you will fine a symmetry in your writing.” Mr. Daphoff droned on.
Suddenly, the door opened and a girl with bluish hair walked in. She had big brown eyes and soft red lips. She smiled a surprisingly brilliant white smile that was very sheepish.
“I'm sorry, sir.” She said, blushing.
“Ah, you must be Miss Phrazon.” Mr. Damphoff said, looking tired.
“Yes, sir. I'm sorry I'm late. It's my first day and all.” She blushed.
“It's okay, just go sit down.” She looked around and saw Mikey. Mikey looked around for a second. Oh no, the only empty seat was next to him. He looked down and pretended to be busy writing. He heard the girl's footsteps and she came to sit next to him.
“Hi.” She whispered.
“Hey.” Mikey said, shyly.
“What's your name?” She said.
“Mikey.” He looked up at her and held back a gasp. “Mary?!?” He whispered.
She giggled. “Actually it's Marie, but good guess.”
“Oh, sorry, you looked like a Mary to me.” He laughed quietly back.
“Mr. Way, would you like to tell us what's so funny?” Mr. Damphoff called.
“Nothing, Mr. Damphoff, just that, I thought her name was Mary and it was really Marie.” Marie started giggling uncontrollably.
“I see. Well, if you could keep it quiet so the rest of the class can actually learn something valuable.” He nodded.
“Yes sir.” Mikey answered, sniggering.
Marie was taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself, but she kept giggling. Mikey turned toward her and realized her outfit. She was wearing a lacy tank top with fishnet sleeves, a bright blue skirt, and black lace leggings. She wore black and white striped converse to pull it all together.
“I like your hair.” Mikey whispered.
“Thanks. It's fading a little right now, so it has this kind of ocean-ish effect.” She shrugged.
“It's cool!” Mikey smiled.
She grinned back at him. Mikey was once again unnerved by the way her teeth seemed to shine.
“So, where do you come from?” Mikey asked.
“Well, my sister and I were studying philosophy in England before we came here to America.” She said.
“Were you born there?” Mikey asked.
“Actually, we were born in New Jersey and then we moved to England, and this is our first year back.” She answered.
“That's really cool.” Mikey really liked her accent.
“I bloody well hope so. Would you like some tea and crumpets?” She said and they both laughed quietly.
“What was that for?” Mikey sniggered.
“I knew you were going to ask me to say it, so I thought I might as well.” She smiled again.
“You're right. I probably would have.”
“How long have you been going here?” She asked.
“About a year.”
“Will you show me around? I really need help not being late.” She sighed.
“Yeah, I'll help you. What do you have next?”
“Art.” She said.
“So do I! What after that?”
“Music 101.”
“Did they cheat off of my schedule?” Mikey laughed.
“I don't know, but after that I have lunchen.” Marie said.
“It's actually called lunch here.” Mikey sniggered.
“I'm still getting used to your strange way of talking.” Marie said, defensive.
“Well, I'm glad to help you any time.” Mikey smiled.
“Thanks.” She blushed and smiled back.
*
At lunch, Mikey sat in a table near a large tree. The leaves were just turning a bright and beautiful red.
“Wow, this place is really linked to the Earth.” Marie sighed.
“It's Art School. There's not much linking.” Mikey laughed.
“Look at the way this table's wood harmonizes with this tree, though.” Marie caresses the table top with her hand.
“I...I guess.” Mikey stuttered.
“Sorry, am I freaking you out?” Marie asked, worried.
“No, no. I just never heard anyone talk like that before.” Mikey said, awkwardly.
“Sorry.” Marie blushed and sat down.
“No, it's...”
“Marie!” A voice behind them called. They both looked up to see Estelle and Gerard walking toward them.
“Hey Essy!” Marie grinned. Estelle sat across from her sister, Gerard next to her.
“What have you guys been up to?” Gerard gave his brother a look.
“I've been showing Marie around the school.” Mikey shrugged.
“What have you and Gerard been doing?” Marie asked. Estelle gave her sister a warning look before answering.
“Gerard has been showing me around.” Estelle smiled.
“Yep, Lucky us, we get to show you around.” Gerard laughed, awkwardly.
“So, what do you guys do around here for fun?” Marie asked.
“Well, we sit in our dorm and draw comics. That's mostly....” Mikey started.
“Just the beginning!” Gerard laughed. “We also know this really cool karaoke and coffee bar. We go there, like, every day.” Gerard smiled.
“Uhhh...yeah. It's really awesome.” Mikey nodded.
“Yeah, that would be cool, I guess.” Estelle smiled.
“Oh Wow! I love karaoke!” Marie said, excited.
“Yeah. Me too!” Estelle said.
“Cool, you guys want to come with us tonight? We could show you around the town.” Gerard suggested.
“Sure! Although, we were born here.” Marie laughed.
“Well, should we meet here at about seven?” Gerard asked.
“We shall.” Marie smiled.
“Hey, Marie, I need to get something at the house. Can you come with me?” Estelle gave her sister a meaningful look.
“Sure!” Marie said and hopped out of her seat after her sister.
“Wow, look at Mary and Ellen go.” Gerard said. Mikey stared at his brother.
“You...you mean Estelle and Marie.” Mikey said.
“They look and sound a lot like Mary and Ellen to me.” Gerard said, dubiously.
“That's why you lied about the karaoke bar. We only went there once!” Mikey said.
“The point is, they said they would go out with us! Don't you see? They're into us!” Gerard smiled.
“Don't be so fast to judge bro. They're just newbies. I'm sure they will probably grow out of it.”
“I have a really good feeling about these girls, Mikey. I really do.” Gerard sighed happily.
*
That night, the girls met the guys under the big tree. The red leaves in the moonlight looked like giant drops of blood, giving the place an eerie effect.
“Hey!” Gerard called.
“Hey there!” Marie smiled.
“Hey.” Estelle gave a soft smile. Along side of Marie was a girl who was shorter then her. She had yellow and brown hair. She wore a tee shirt that had a skull and crossbones on it. She wore plaid Bermudas and black combat boots.
“Hey, guys, this is Leigh. She's a friend of mine when I was a kid here!” Marie exclaimed.
“Hey.” Leigh smiled shyly. Her teeth were white, but not as bright and unnerving as the sisters'.
“I thought she could tag along. She loves coffee.” Marie grinned.
“Yeah....sure!” Mikey smiled, though he was a little disappointed.
“Okay, everyone ready to go?” Gerard asked.
“Totally!” Estelle said. They all walked across from the school into town. Gerard led them into a building with gleaming lights that read, “Carefree Coffee.”
“This is new?” Estelle asked.
“It was a lumber shop, but they sold it to a coffee shop and viola.” Mikey gestured to the sign.
“It was after we left then.” Marie laughed.
“Yeah.” Gerard smiled. They walked in on a young dude with a brown fro playing guitar. As they listened, they recognized it as an Iron Maiden song.
“Dude, this guy is really good!” Leigh whispered.
“Yeah, he is. His name's Ray. He also goes to the Art School.” Gerard answered.
“Cool. He's really tall, though.” She said.
“Yeah, he's over six foot.” Mikey laughed.
Everyone got their coffee and sat down. Marie, Gerard and Estelle all got up to get their name on the list. They came back and sat down.
“What song are you going to sing?” Leigh asked
“We are going to sing The Time of Your Life.” Marie grinned.
“What? No way! I'm not a good singer!” Leigh objected.
“No way! You're an awesome singer!” Marie protested.
“Fine....” Leigh sighed and sipped at her coffee.
“What are you singing, Estelle?” Gerard asked Estelle.
“Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes!” Estelle grinned.
“Cool! What are you singing, Gee?” Mikey asked.
“Oh, just an Iron Maiden song.” Gerard shrugged.
“Hey, I could play guitar for you.” Ray said.
“That would be great, man!” Gerard grinned.
“Look at that dude!” Leigh said, staring at the platform.
There was a boy with hair in a mohawk with bangs that fell over his face. He came up and sang a heavy metal song. His screaming was over the top. Everyone at the table stopped to stare. Then they realized, all the guitar was him playing. The boys stared at each other in amazement. Leigh looked like she was going to swoon, and Marie and Estelle winked. When he was finished, he smiled and waved and set his guitar behind the set before going back into the employee section of the coffee house. He came back out a few minutes later, in an apron, serving coffee.
“No way! He's an employee here?!?” Leigh gasped. “I....I need more coffee.” She said, leaving the table.
Everyone laughed, giving each other knowing looks.
“Guys, look at her!” Ray said, pointing to a girl who took the stage next. They looked at Ray, who was grinning. “Wow.” He said.
*
This girl was about the same height as Leigh, so about 5'3”, brown eyes, and a wild dark brown fro. She stood up on the platform in her Metallica shirt and ABBA belt. She wore black skinny jeans and combat boots. She picked up the microphone and cleared her throat.
“I'm...uh...going to be singing Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.” She said. The song started and she started to sing. Everyone in the building’s jaw dropped. She had the most amazing voice anyone in the coffee bar. When she was done, everyone stood up and applauded. She blushed and walked to a corner of the bar where she was sitting, by herself.
“That was AMAZING!” Ray said.
“Yeah! Hey, it's my turn!” Gerard answered.
“Oh, okay. I'll meet you onstage with my guitar.” Ray smiled and got up.
“Uh oh.” Leigh said, looking at one of the tables. There were three girls. Two were beach blond and wore pink summer dresses and silver high heels. The third was obviously the leader. She had long, strawberry blond hair and a baby blue shirt on. She wore light blue skinny jeans and pink flats. All of a sudden, they got up and walked over to the 'fro girl.
“What's so wrong?” Estelle asked.
“That's Linda and the twins. They are the meanest girls in school.” Leigh said.
“Oh no.” Marie said, and she and Estelle got up.
“What are you doing?” Leigh gasped.
“Stopping an amazing person from getting bullied.” Marie answered.
“Hey, FREAK!” She said, loud enough to have the entire bar hear.
“What is an emo like you doing here?” One of the twins asked.
“I...I...” The girl tried to answer.
“Back off.” Marie said, grabbing Linda's shoulder.
“And who are you?” She sneered, stepping away.
“Your worst nightmare if you don't sod off.” Marie answered.
“Marie...” Estelle warned.
“Oh, I'm so scared.” Linda gave the sisters a once over. “You must be the Aunt's nieces, finally home.” She said, raising her nose.
“The Aunts?” Estelle asked.
“Yeah, the freaks who lived here a while ago. They were thought to be witches. I think it's stupid, but they were FREAKS.” She gave a wicked sneer.
“Aunt Annabel and Aunt Lemonsap.” Estelle gasped. “They died in a car crash.”
“A good thing too. They were disturbing the town with their witch talk. And now their freak nieces are finally home.”
“Better watch your mouth, priss, or you're gonna lose it.” Marie said, stepping closer to Linda.
“Marie, she's not worth it.” Estelle said, putting her hand on her sister's shoulder.
“I don't care.” Marie raised her hand and closed it into a fist. Then she loosened her fingers and put her hand down. “You're right, she isn't worth it. Watch your step.” She smiled at Linda and went over to the 'fro girl. “Come sit with us, don't let these losers get to you.”
The girl smiled and nodded. She got up without a word and followed the sisters to their table.
“This is Mikey and Leigh. Mikey and Leigh, this is.....” Marie paused.
“Mery.” Leigh let out a laugh.
“What?” Mery laughed.
“Well, the nice girl introducing you to us is Marie.” She said.
“Oh.” Mery blushed.
“Don't worry about it. I was already called Mary today, so it's not that weird or anything.” Marie laughed.
Gerard and Ray came down from the stage and tapped on Marie's shoulder.
“You're turn.” He smiled. Leigh groaned. Marie giggled.
“After Mery's performance, I'm gonna suck.” She grabbed Leigh's hand and ran up onstage.
*
“I can't believe it. That was probably the best first day I had ever had!” Marie said, brushing her hair.
“You can't see him tomorrow, you know.” Estelle warned.
“Why?!?” Marie whined.
“Because, I can tell, you have feelings for him. We don't want that to go any further. Remember what happened in England?” Estelle asked.
Marie sighed and sat on her bed, holding her knees to her chest. She let a tear slip as she remembered Javen.
“It wasn't just you. It was me too. We were foolish. We didn't think any of it was real. Magic or not. The curse took them away, Marie. I just can't let that happen to these guys. I care about him.” Estelle sighed. Marie sniffed and nodded. Estelle sighed and sat next to her sister and stroked her hair.
“At least the curse only is for boys or else we would be dead.” She laughed. Marie gave her a funny look, and then smiled.
“Promise me that even when we get old and gray, we'll live together, two old witches, working to heal the world.” Marie pleaded.
“I promise, sis. I know the thing about our Aunts hurts, but let's try and remember it's not the end of the world.” Estelle smiled.
“You're the best, sis.” Marie laughed and they hugged.
“So, what's it about this one? He's your best friend because...” Estelle grinned.
“Well, he's funny, he's sweet. He doesn't mind I'm different. The weird thing is, he seems like he knows it's going to work out. He keeps trying to get me alone, but I know I'm not ready to even kiss him.”
“I know what you mean. I mean, for shy guys, they seem so straight forward.” Estelle said, wondering.
“What about Gerard, what's he like, to you?” Marie asked.
“Well, he's creative, he is a great singer, and he knows what it's like to be the oldest.” Estelle made a jibe at Marie.
“HEY!” Marie laughed, she shoved her sister in the shoulder.
“He's caring, though. I think he's actually afraid I'll become popular or something, and lose interest.” She laughed.
“Like that would ever happen. Anyone with our last name is considered a freak, or a witch. At least in England we had a chance.”
“Not anymore. We are still charged for the disappearance of two boys.” Estelle sighed.
“Well, why don't we work a little magic and try to reverse the curse?” Marie asked.
“Honest, Marie, I can't believe you're being so naïve. You don't think mom and dad tried? Dad was a powerful wizard, and look what happened to him.” The two girls shuddered.
“Well, let's do something! I'm bored.” Marie sighed.
“Light a few candles. I have an idea.” Estelle gave a mischievous look.
“What are we going to do?” Marie asked, excited.
“We're going to spruce up the room some.” Estelle answered. They placed a candle in each corner of the room. They held hands and hummed. All around them, the room changed. Things flew around into different places. Decorations appeared and hung themselves. When the girls opened their eyes, the room was like a dream.
“I think we've settled in.”
“Estelle?” Marie asked.
“Yeah?” Estelle answered.
“What if they find out?”
*
Things were quiet in Mery's room. She wanted to listen to more Metallica, but she just kept thinking about her night at the coffee shop. She thought about the boy, Ray, with his handsome brown afro. She also thought about the two sisters, Marie and Estelle. As she was thinking she heard her mom call.
“MERY FRID TAMEZ! Get down here!”
Mery groaned and rolled over in her bed. She walked out of her room and went downstairs to see her mom.
“Mery! I have five missed messages from a boy named Ray! Care to explain?” Her mom demanded.
“Oh! Uh, Ray?” Mery asked, confused.
“Should I tell him you don't know him?” Her mom asked.
“Oh! No! It's cool! I didn't give him my number, so he must have looked it up in the phone book.” She said and ran to the phone. “Um, did he give his number?” Mery asked.
“Yeah, it's in the messages. Do you think this guy's into you?” Her mom asked, hovering over her daughter.
“No! Well, he asked if sometime I could help him with a song he's writing. I was going to play bass and sing.” She shrugged.
“Oh, are you sure that's it?” Her mom seemed more relieved.
“Yeah. That's it. I guess he wants to set up a day or something.” Mery shrugged.
“Oh, alright, and Mery?”
“Yeah, mom?”
“You're Teddy Bear earrings look really nice on you.” Her mom smiled.
“Thanks mom.” Mery smiled back and dialed the number.
“Hello?” Ray answered.
“Hey, Ray! It's Mery.” Mery said.
“Oh, hey! I was wondering if you would meet me at the park tomorrow to practice?” Ray asked, hesitantly.
“Sure! When?” Mery asked.
“Umm, does two work for you?” Ray asked.
“Yeah, sure!” Mery said, writing it down on a post it.
“Cool, hey, I just wanted to tell you again that I had a great time seeing you at the coffee shop and maybe we can go again sometime?”
“That would be cool!” Mery agreed.
“Awesome! Hey, do you have a cell phone or something? I think I'm annoying your mother.” Ray said, sheepish.
“Yeah. Here's the number.” Mery gave him her number, trying not to laugh.
“Great! Well....see you tomorrow?” Ray asked.
“Sure.” Mery answered, smiling. They hung up and she sat down at her counter, smiling.
“What was that all about?” Her mom asked, watching her daughter's face.
“Oh, Ray just wanted to set up a practice tomorrow.” Mery shrugged.
“Oh, I see. This boy must be really excited to get to work then.” Her mom winked.
“Mom!!!” Mery complained.
“I'm just saying!” Her mom laughed.
“I don't know. He's the first guy who hasn't called me weird or emo.” Mery shrugged.
“Well, as long as you're careful.” Her mom answered.
“I will mom.” Mery smiled.
*
The next day at Art School, Marie didn't talk to Mikey much, even though she wanted to. She sat through creative writing, art, and then music without saying a word. When she met her sister at lunchen, she was really down, and her sister could tell why.
“I know I'm going to regret this, but why don't you sit with Mikey, since I know you've been avoiding him all day.” Estelle sighed.
“You're right. I should stay away. I have feelings for him, unfortunately.” Marie sighed.
“Well, I have feelings for Gerard, but I think you should hang with Mikey.” Estelle smiled at her sister. It didn't work. She didn't smile.
“What's really got you down?” Estelle asked.
“Well, there's the whole Mikey thing, and I keep having these dreams.” Marie looked around.
“What dreams?” Estelle asked, worried. The thing about dreams were, if a witch had one, then the more they had it, the more likely it was to come true.
“Well, I'm here, at the school, when it's empty and I see Ray and Mery, kissing. It was really sweet, so I walk away. I see, in a classroom, that guy that was a good screamer and Leigh kissing. And they were CUTE! I sneaked away, once again. Then I reach the gardens. There, I see you and I, snogging the Way brothers. The problem is, the more we kiss, the more the boys are aging. We kiss until they drop dead on the ground, looking a hundred. It scared me to death. I woke up crying.” Marie said, rubbing her hands together in nervousness.
“I see why you've been avoiding him.” Estelle nodded. “How many times have you had this dream?” She asked.
“Once. Isn't it enough, though? It felt so real! We're going to be charged for murder, again, if we don't stay away.” Marie let out a little sob as she put her face in her hands.
“It's okay. Shh, it's okay.” Estelle rubbed her sister's back.
“I....I'm sorry.” Marie shook her head and wiped away her tears. “I think I need to go home. I'm not feeling well.” She said, and walked away. Estelle was about to follow when Gerard walked up.
“Hey, Estelle!” Gerard said.
“Hey Gee.” Estelle answered, anxious.
“Look, I was wondering if you would like to do a duet with me for Music? See, we have to have partners, and I don't want to get stuck with another guy...”
“Cool, yeah, sure.” Estelle answered, distracted.
“Awesome. You can pick it out, and we can start...”
“Yeah, yeah, just call me.” Estelle answered and walked away.
“Oh...kay.” Gerard said, looking after her. That was weird.
“Hey bro!” Mikey walked up, placing a hand on Gerard's shoulder.
“Hey.” Gerard said, worried.
“What happened?” Mikey asked.
“Estelle just walked off. She seemed really upset, and distracted.” Gerard answered.
“Why could that be?” Mikey asked.
“Mikey, has Marie been avoiding you, perhaps?”
“I think, why?” Mikey asked.
“Do you remember something that we added to the girls? Something we might have forgotten in the whirl of excitement?”
Mikey gasped. “It was something, dangerous...” He said.
They two boys sped to their dorm room and tore through their drawers.
“I got it!” Mikey yelled. He held out two pieces of paper.
“Oh no.” Gerard said, looking at Estelle's.
“Something dangerous alright. What are we going to do?” Mikey asked.
Gerard stared at his paper and gulped.
“I don't know, Mikey. I don't know.”
*
Mery and Ray sat on a bench in the park. Mery with her bass, Ray with his guitar.
“So, what have you go so far?” Mery asked, tuning her bass.
“Well, I don't know if it's that good, but I guess I have to play you something.” He said and they both laughed.
He started playing, and singing.
“Give me a reason, to tell you my all.
And tell me why, when I'm with you,
I'm not afraid to fall.
So tell me why, when I'm with you.
The whole wide world stops being blue.
Any day that I'm with you
This is what I'll say.

Next time I hold your hand.
I'm hoping you will understand,
Next time I kiss your head
I hope you will be there.
Anytime I think of you,
I get a feeling that something new.
So I'm true when I say to you.
I will always love you.”

Mery stared at him, tears forming on the corners of her eyes from how beautiful it sounded.
“I...I...” she started.
“I wrote that last night.” Ray admitted, leaning forward.
“It's beautiful...” Mery answered, also leaning forward.
Ray caressed her faced and pulled her in. He placed his lips on hers and she practically melted under his touch. They kissed. Not the fiery kiss of passionate lovers, but the soft, sweet kiss of true love. Suddenly, the world around them didn't exist. It was just Ray and Mery, Mery and Ray. The kiss seemed to go a life time before they heard something behind them. A person walking past, crying.
Mery lifted her head to see Marie, walking past quickly, not even seeing them, head and shoulders hunched. Mery tried to say something, but Marie was already out of sight.
“Was that...” Ray asked.
“I think it was.” Mery said, worried.
“Should we?” Ray said, point toward the direction Marie went.
“I think we should.” Mery answered and they both got up to follow Marie.
They found her sitting on a bench, face in knees, curled in a ball.
“Marie?” Mery asked.
“Yeah?” Marie sniffed.
“What's the matter?” Mery asked.
“Nothing, just, headache.” Marie said, standing up and dusting herself off.
“It doesn't look like it.” Mery answered.
“It is, okay?” Marie yelled, and ran off.
“I'm following her.” Mery said, running after her.
“Yeah, it's cool. I'll just....wait here.” Ray said, confused.
He walked back to the bench and picked up his guitar, but it was no use, his muse was gone.
“Dang it.” Ray muttered, picking up his guitar and heading home.
*
Marie finally reached her apartment. She sat down on the couch and rubbed her hands together. Was it possible she had misjudged? Was there a way for she and Mikey to be together? She sighed and ran her hands through her hair. She walked into the kitchen and picked up a cup, then waved her hand over it. Some steaming tea appeared in the cup. She poured some sugar in and set a spoon in, sitting back down on the couch and picking up her favorite book. She sat and read about the witches of old.
“Hey, Marie, I followed you and.....what is your cup doing?” Mery asked. Marie whirled around and slammed her hand down on the spoon that was slowly stirring up the sugar in the tea.
“Nothing! Nothing!” Marie said, frantically.
“No, no, that spoon was moving, by itself.” Mery said, pointing at the cup.
“No, it's just this while building is tilted and the spoon must have slid down just as you walked in.” Marie said, nervously.
“No, that thing was spinning around. What was going on?” Mery asked, stepping forward.
“I....Mery...I...” Marie stammered.
“You actually have powers, don't you? You're a witch. You're like everyone said you were. They were right. Your Aunts, they weren't killed in a car crash, were they?” Mery asked.
“No.” Marie's voice cracked. She was staring at the floor, the carpet getting wetter and wetter from the tears.
“What happened?” Mery asked quietly, sitting down next to Marie.
“They died of heartbreak.” Marie whimpered.
“What do you mean?” Mery asked, confused. Marie sniffed and wiped her eyes, looking up.
“There's something you need to know, about our family. Any woman, who is related to my great great great great great grandma heather, has been cursed. She lost her one true love when her village figured out she was a witch. She was almost burned, and her husband didn't even try to save her. She swam out to an island, not far from here, where she hated men, and birthed two daughters. The hate was so cruel, she put a curse on all her ancestors, who happen to all be women, and so, if a woman in our family falls in love, the man dies within a certain amount of time.” Marie explained.
“Is that why you're upset? You don't want to fall in love?” Mery asked.
“I'm trying really hard not to fall in love with....with...” Marie sniffed.
“With Mikey?” Mery guessed.
“Yes.” Marie said.
*
Gerard and Mikey sat on the edges of their beds, staring at the ground. They had tried to cross out the curse. That had just made the letters appear darker and more bold. They had tried to cut it out, but that just ended out in a lot of paper cuts and angry shouts. Now they stared at the pages they had so recklessly used to make their dream girls. They were doomed.
“Gee?” Mikey whispered.
“Yeah?”
“I don't want to die.”
“Me neither, dude. We have to figure out something.” Gerard sighed and ran his hand through his hair.
“I think we should tell them.” Mikey said, shaking his head.
“Tell them what, that we wrote them up on magic paper, and now they are just fictional characters?” Gerard asked.
“No, well. Yes. I don't know.” Mikey put his face in his hands.
“There has to be something we can say, something we can write....I just....can't think of anything.” Gerard said.
“The curse seems pretty final.” Mikey shook his head.
“I don't know what to do.” Gerard said again and they stared at the two sheets of paper, again. Just then, the phone rang.
“You're gonna get it?” Gerard asked Mikey.
“Sure.” Mikey shrugged. He got up, and reached for the telephone.
“Hello?” Ray asked, as Mikey lifted the phone to his ear.
“Hey Ray.” Mikey sighed in relief.
“Hey, can you guys come over?” Ray asked.
“Sure dude, see you in a bit?” Mikey asked.
“Yeah, just come over.” Ray answered.
“What did Ray want?” Gerard asked.
“He wants us to come over.” Mikey answered, picking up the paper and putting them in a folder.
“What are you doing?” Gerard asked.
“I'm going to talk to Ray about this. Maybe he has an idea of what to do.” Mikey answered, picking up his bag and heading toward the door.
“Are you sure he won't throw us in the loony bin?” Gerard asked.
“I think he can handle it.” Mikey shrugged, smiling.
The two boys arrived at Ray's house saw before them a forlorn Ray, siting on the porch steps.
“Hey, dude, what's up?” Gerard asked.
“It's Mery.” Ray answered.
“That chick from the karaoke bar?” Mikey asked.
“Yeah. She and I were practicing, and then Marie went by, crying and Mery went after her, and just left me there.” Ray sighed.
“Why was Marie crying?” Mikey asked, thinking he already knew the answer.
“I don't know, she wouldn't say.” Ray shrugged.
“I'm sorry, dude.” Mikey said, patting Ray's shoulder.
“I don't know what kind of drama is going on but it's really getting annoying.” Ray sighed.
“I think we may have an answer to that.” Mikey said, hesitantly.
“What?” Ray asked.
“It's kind of how we really got to know the girls in the first place.” Gerard answered, nervously.
“You see, Gerard and I found some paper, and we started writing about what our dream girls would be, with a plot twist. We didn't know they would come to life.” Mikey said.
“Wait, you mean Marie and Estelle are the girls you wrote about?” Ray asked.
“Kind of.” Gerard said.
“And the plot twist is?” Ray asked again.
“Any man they fall in love with, after a certain amount of time, will find an untimely death.” Gerard answered.
“WHAT?!?” Ray yelled.
“Yeah...” Mikey said, head bowed.
“What are you going to do about that?” Ray asked suspiciously.
“Well, we were wondering if you had an idea. We can't cross or cut out the curse...” Mikey held out the sheets of paper.
“We were hoping you might have some ideas.” Gerard finished.
“Wait. You guys say you can write on this paper, and things come true?” Ray asked.
“Yes.” Gerard answered.
“Then, why don't you finish your story?” Ray asked.
“What?” They both asked.
“Finish the plot twist. Make everything okay. Release them of the curse by adding some kind of powerful being and having it suck it out of them. Make them able to date you and things will work out!” Ray said.
“Why didn't I think of that?” Mikey said, faceplaming himself.
“You should have!” Gerard laughed.
*
“Okay, you all packed?” Estelle called at Marie.
“Just one more thing!” Marie called back.
“You two sure you want to come? You both have a life. Merry, you have Ray. Leigh, I think you and Frank are hitting it off....” Estelle implored the two girls standing in front of her.
“If it wasn't for you guys, we wouldn't have met Ray and Frank. I think we owe it to you to help end the curse.” Leigh answered.
“You guys are the best.” Marie said, smiling. She had a large backpack on and was tying her hair back into a ponytail.
“I guess we are ready to go!” Estelle said, giving one last look at her apartment.
“I guess so.” Marie smiled and they all headed for the door.
Then, out of nowhere, the lights all went off, and a gruesome figure appeared in front of them. Leigh and Merry both fainted and Estelle and Marie both stared at the figure. It had bulging yellow eyes, a large white face and bright red lips showing sharp teeth. His body was black and stalky, and he had wings that were torn and shaggy. His claws of hands clicked in the moonlight.
“Runyk.” Marie said, shivering.
“I see you two have grown to be beautiful young witches.” He hissed in his not-quite-human-sounding voice.
“That's what our mother wanted.” Estelle answered.
“You two have come from a large family of cursed magical beings, but I have been called to free you. I, Runyk, the master of the Death Note. You two have been called by a higher master to live in peace.”
“Who could say that?” Marie asked.
“Nastook. His Note Book. Someone has been using it, and Nastook had pity on you. You will be freed from the curse.” Runyk placed two of his claws on Marie's throat, and then pulled them back. A lighted orb was drawn from her neck. Her body lifted in the air for three seconds, and then she landed on the ground, unconscious.
“Marie!” Estelle cried, reaching for her sister, but it was too late. Runyk had already placed his claws on her throat. She saw the orb leave her body and her body lifted. She felt like she was flying, like she was invincible. She saw light and dark cloud approach her and she heard voices.
“Estelle.” They whispered. She looked closer to see her parents, smiling at her.
“Mom? Dad?” She asked, not wanting to believe.
“Yes, honey, it's us.” They smiled at her.
“Mom!” Estelle turned to see Marie, in a beautiful white and black dress, running to hug her mother.
“Hello, dear.” Her mom answered, giving her daughter a hug back.
“Dad.” Estelle smiled and gave her father a hug.
“It's so wonderful to see you, all grown up.” Her dad said, tears in his eyes, his old glasses fogging up.
“We really missed you.” Estelle answered, tearing up herself.
“Are you staying?” Marie asked. Her mom and dad shook their heads.
“No, but we will always be there, watching over you. Protecting you.” Her mother answered.
“Mom, I need to know...” Estelle asked.
“Yes, honey?” Her mom smiled at her.
“Will we keep our magic?” Estelle asked.
“Even the Shinigami gods couldn't take our gifts. These were given years and years ago by their parents.” Her mother smiled.
“Thanks mom.” Estelle smiled.
“Now it is time for you to wake up.” Her mother and father gave them both hugs before disappearing.
*
“Give me a reason, to tell you my all.
And tell me why, when I'm with you,
I'm not afraid to fall.
So tell me why, when I'm with you.
The whole wide world stops being blue.
Any day that I'm with you
This is what I'll say.” Mery sang into the microphone, strumming her base. Mikey and Marie were watching, smiling. Gerard and Estelle were standing in line for the list, holding hands and sipping their coffee.
Leigh walked up to the counter, where Frank was working in his white apron.
“One special.” Leigh said, smiling. Frank smiled and turned around, leaning over and giving Leigh a kiss.
“There you go, freshly served.” Frank said, smiling.
“I still want coffee, you know.” Leigh laughed.
“Don't we all?” Frank chuckled, pulling down a mug. He filled it with caramel cappuccino.
“Thank you.” Leigh smiled and took a sip of her coffee.
“Save me a seat, sugar.” Frank winked. “I'm off duty in a couple minutes.”
“The one in the back corner?” Leigh winked.
“Whatever you want.” Frank smiled.
“Want to come see our dorm?” Mikey asked Marie.
“Sure.” She smiled. Mikey nudged Gerard and winked. They all got up and headed toward the door.
When they arrived at the dorms, Mikey asked.
“By the way, what happened to Linda?” Mikey asked.
Marie and Estelle looked at each other, winking. They both giggled.
“Oh...she got her just deserves....” Estelle said, eerily.
“Seriously, what happened?” Gerard asked.
“Well, her daddy was caught not paying his taxes.” Estelle anwered.
“For the past ten years.” Marie finished.
“Wow.” Gerard laughed.
“Guess karma is real.” Mikey laughed along.
Gerard turned the key and opened the dorm.
“Welcome to our home.” Mikey said, gesturing to the entire room.
“Very nice. A little messy, but very nice.” Estelle said, looking at the double desk.
“Hey! We cleaned it last Tuesday! Just for you!” Gerard laughed.
“Last Tuesday? No, it was last Friday, at least!” Mikey joked.
“Not funny, Mikey, it was at least Monday!” Gerard laughed.
“No, it was Wednesday!” Mikey shouted.
“No, Thursday!” Gerard yelled.
“No! Today!” Mikey said, rolling over, giggling.
Estelle was holding her stomach. “You guys are crazy!” She gasped with laughter.
The whole time Marie was looking around the room. She noticed the stuffed unicorn in the corner, the anime books stacked up by Gerard's bed. She looked back on the double desk and saw something very interesting, a sheet of paper with the name, “Mary” on it. She looked at one next to it and it said, “Ellen.” She picked them up and turned to her boyfriend.
“Mikey, Gerard, what are these?”
[The End]
Sign up to rate and review this story