Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > In another World

The hunter becomes the prize

by meeohmai 3 reviews

Serena, Ray, Tyson and Max begin their journey to Maaki. Kai is on his wat to Maaki too...with Tzera hot on his heels AND he doesn't know...meanwhile Tala gets overpowered

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Kai, Max, Ray, Tyson - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-06-23 - Updated: 2006-06-23 - 1737 words

1Exciting
Hello, I see quite a few people have been reading my story...anyway...please review guys! I want to know what you think even if all you do is put "its ok" I'm happy lol

XxXxXxXxXx

Chapter Six - The hunter becomes the prize...

"Sir, what do we do?" one of the lead Tzera called Cithin approached him "We cannot seem to pick up a trail of the prince" Tala and about twenty of the Tzera were few miles outside Corean in the opposite direction of Serena and the others.

Tala sat on a rock and cracked his knuckles. "Cithin, I know that. If we could I would have found him by now" Tala had extreme patience with the Tzera, you couldn't afford not to have respect or patience for them... Tala stood up and slipped his gloves back on.
"Cithin take nine men and go north of Corean, You others go south go around. We will all meet up at Maaki, hopefully his royal pain in the ass would have been found by then"

The men let out noises of obedience and began to separate

"What about you Tala?" Cithin asked quietly

Tala looked, he had grown up with the Tzera learning their ways, and eventually becoming their leader. Cithin had kind of been like an unofficial guardian to Tala. Whereas with the other soldiers he could be harsh with Cithin he had an awkward sort of love for the msn

"Cithin I will go straight west, past Corean and straight to Maaki" Tala placed two hands on the Tzera's shoulders "Do not worry"

"Okay"

"I was taught by the best" Tala gave a smile, mounted his horse and galloped away

XxXxXxXxXx

"So Ray, tell me about your village. I'm intrigued"

Ray shot her a sideways look from the ground up to Serena on the horse. She raised an eyebrows and gave him an innocent smile

"It's a small village. That's all...it's not a place of hell like all you...others seem to think" he said in a calm, even tone

"Well you don't certainly look like a demon" Serena chuckled

Ray frowned and picked up his speed so he was ahead of the horse.

"Don't worry" Tyson chuckled from the other side of the horse "Ray is a nice guy; he won't stay mad for long. So what are you doing on the road by yourself?"

"I'm looking for...someone" she finished

"Oh who?"

"..."

"You don't have to tell us" Max chipped in

"Oh go on" Tyson urged

"Shut up!" Max hit Tyson upside the head

Serena laughed and pulled the reins and urged the horse to trot ahead of the three young men. She bit her lip and frowned, there was no sigh of Kai. She was useless at tracking, no offence to Tyson and Max they were nice guys but they would be useless at tracking. Ray would be the most suitable; his heightened senses would make him a brilliant tracker. He already hated the fact that Serena was a member of the royal court but asking him to find the heir. As silly as it sounded Ray would most likely laugh in her face.

Ray scowled as he stared at Serena up ahead. Unlike the others he wasn't fooled by a pretty face, a very pretty face. Serena had a look of pure unabashed innocence on her face, that made her very dangerous...and she seemed to have already have proved that a little.

"Serena" Ray asked in a mock interested voice "what is a girl like you doing alone?"

"I'm just looking for a friend"

"Oh" Ray said in a loud voice "they must be very important for you to leave the live you had. Who is he?"

"He...how do know you it's a he?" she looked back frowning

Ray shrugged "it's obvious" he looked up and the sun setting had cast pinkie oranges, and light reds in the sky "I suggest in a few hours we set up camp"

"Aren't we going to keep going" Serena pulled the reins and stopped, the three boys walked past her and continued

"C'mon Serena" Max chuckled "even I know that we shouldn't travel at night"

"But...but" she stuttered "We'll lose ground!"

"It's foolish to travel at night, especially on plains like this, with no light; the moon isn't even full this time. It would be unwise" Ray replied

Serena's face crumpled a little and she pursed her lips

Ray softened slightly "I'm sure your friend would have stopped too"

XxXxXxXxXx

Kai curled up under the thin blanket and shivered. It wasn't like the thick soft, silky blankets like the one in the palace. It was rough and kinda itchy. Kai sighed it could have been worse...Voltaire, he growled.

'I don't think I've ever had so much hatred for one person in my life' Kai thought bitterly. As soon as he reached his cousins in Maaki, he would inform them of what was happening and gather troops. The Tzera would be tough to take down. He smiled Bryan, Ian and Spencer may have been irritating but the older men had much experience fighting, much troops and much money.

Kai smirked and rolled over, crunching a few twigs beneath him. He looked up in to the sky. He didn't notice how clear the stars were out in the...wild. He had never really had a clear view of the sky from his bedroom in the palace...for once he relaxed not feeling so tense, and then a thought which should have come to him much, much earlier hit him. They would be looking for him...his dad...mum...He could send a letter home...but he had no messenger bird, or scroll or ink to write. He groaned and then shuddered. He hoped Voltaire hadn't sent the Tzera after him, his stomach churned as he thought of them.

XxXxXxXxXx

Ray's eyes opened slowly. He had slept a little but he stirred towards the very early hours of the morning, and had slipped into and out of a restless doze. The sun was in the sky but it was still dark-ish. He bolted up right, stood up and closed his eyes, and stood very still.

"Ray?" Max asked sleepily

"Ssssh" he put a finger to his lips and knelt and skimmed his fingers along the ground

Tyson and Serena exchanged glances before looking back at Ray

"What is going on?" Serena asked in a slightly demanding tone of voice "Are we getting ready to go?"

Ray looked thoughtful for a moment and turned back to her, without his bandana his bangs became longer and shadowed more of his face. He shook them out of the way "Erm, yes start getting ready, but there is no rush" He pulled his shirt back on and tied his bandana in its usual place around his forehead.

Serena sighed as she pulled away to behind a huge jagged rock jutting out of the ground. They had stopped at a place called basket of rock. It was a collection of rocks sticking out of the plain in a small dip in the ground. Ray picked it because it provided shelter. Serene adjusted her bangle, it was red and gold and small ruby's encrusted in it. It was given to members of the royal court and anyone spotted with one was assumed very important to the royal family. She pulled on her top coat and...

"AH!" she yelped as a hand grabbed her wrist

"You!" blue eyes sparkled at her amused

"Let me go!" she groaned

"Serena?!" voices called out

"Serena pretty name" Tala focused on the object that was rubbing his thumb around her slim wrist "Mmm...nice bracelet, what are you doing so far anyway from Dranzer? Mm?"

"None of your business now let me go!" Serena pulled away again

"No actually you might be able to help me. How did you get this far by yourself?"

Serena sucked in through her teeth "None of yo-"

Ray had already pounced on Tala. He jumped off Tala and growled. Ray looked at his wrist area it had bloody cuts on it. Fresh

Tala grinned and waved at him, the claws down his lower arm glistening with deep red blood.

"Serena, get behind me"

"Don't be brave" Tala stepped forward, Serena clutched at Ray triceps, and let out a small whimper

Ray looked around quickly "strange I don't see your band of ugly followers"

"Hold your tongue Neko-jin if you know what's good for you."

Ray made a rude gesture "Serena go to the others, start going"

"Ray"

"GO!"

"Wow, an unselfish Neko" Tala stepped forward again, bringing those gloves a little too close to Ray for his liking

Ray was surprised as Tala swung towards him, he certainly did have fast reflexes. Ray clutched Tala's palm, his fingers narrowly missing the claws on Tala knuckles. Ray glanced at Tala who bared his teeth as the same moment Tala pulled away, Ray did the same keeping a tight hold on the hard leather, and he whipped the glove of Tala's hand.

"Nice glove" Ray tossed one away.

Tala looked at him, and his face lit up in recognition "I know you, you're...you're Ray"

Ray frowned

"I've been reported on your...activities, dare I say it's an honour?" Tala smirked

Ray stayed calm "Yeah it's an honour" he looked at Tala, he couldn't be that have been that much older than Ray; he was tall around the same height, maybe a little taller. He had a youthful face, but his amused eyes hid something, something dark...something lost. His sanity Ray decided.

"What are you doing with the girl?" Tala asked relaxing slightly

Ray sensed Tala's ease but didn't relent his own "What do you want with her?"

"Did you kidnap her?"

"I've never been anywhere near the palace of Dranzer" Ray answered smoothly "I'll ask again what do you want with her?"

"She has some connections"

"Until you tell me why you want her, she's not going anywhere with you"

"And if I told you would you let her to me then?"

"No" Ray snapped

Tala chuckled "Ok, well-" Tala's eyes rolled into his head and he fell to the ground, behind him stood Tyson grinning like a maniac with a rock in his hand.

XxXxXxXxXx
Sooo you guys??? Well review to tell me wht you think...xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story