Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Aftermath Of Perfection

Promises Kept

by Song_Whisper 0 reviews

“The memories of my time here do not hold happiness anymore.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-01-17 - Updated: 2012-01-18 - 1966 words

0Unrated
Party-Poison’s POV:
When the sun started to set on the Diner and the humid air died, I decided that it was time to start on our journey to the City.
“Kobra! Ghoul!” I called from the front of the Diner. “We’re leaving now.”
Instead of my two companions showing up, Jet appeared from outside and motioned for me to join him.
“The Trans-Am is fine,” he told me and I breathed a sigh of relief. Even though we used it yesterday, it had a tendency to secretly break down and when we needed it the most, it was useless. Anyone else would tell us to get a new car, but this Trans-Am was my baby; Ghoul’s as well, but more my baby.
“Thanks for looking at it,” I smiled. “And thanks for opting to stay back and look after the Diner; you could get Show Pony or Dr. D to come down and help you if you liked.”
Jet nodded enthusiastically, I knew he’d agree with that idea; Jet’s the one of us that gets lonely easily.
“I’ll send a transmission out now,” he responded and disappeared inside the Diner.
“You guys coming?” I called back into the Diner, my companions should have been ready by now; it was their idea.
“Yeah, yeah,” replied Kobra who was making his way out of the bedroom, closely followed by Ghoul.
“Where were you guys?” I asked curious to know why they hadn’t come when I first called them.
“Oh, we were just talking,” responded Ghoul, who looked doubtful; I knew it was an excuse. I’d talk to them later about it.
I poked my head into the room where we kept the transmission; Jet was sitting by it, looking hopeful that someone would reply to his call of loneliness.
“We’re gonna go now, okay?” I asked him.
Jet nodded. “Yeah, it’s fine.”
“Anyone replied yet?” I wanted him to talk about it without asking him directly.
“No, not yet. But I won’t pull you from your trip, just go Poison,” Jet pushed me away.
“Keep us updated, if there’s an attack we’ll turn around and come straight back,” I reassured him.
He nodded, though not looking entirely happy about having to guard the Diner on his own.
“Jet, it’ll be fine; Kobra said that there weren’t many Dracs out earlier,” I tried to reassure him, keeping my voice level.
Jet nodded, not making eye contact with me.
“Well, bye,” I said awkwardly before leaving.
Jet didn’t respond.

Jet-Star’s POV:
I watched the Trans-Am fade into the desert within a few seconds of Poison putting his foot on the gas pedal. He always was the faster driver out off all of us.
But, the three men leaving meant that for the first time since we had arrived in the desert, I was truly alone.
When I’m alone, the feelings gnaws on me; almost as if my head is a bone and the loneliness wants to grip me between it’s teeth so I can always feel it, trying to make me feel as alone as possible.
Shaking the feeling out of my mind for that moment, I walked slowly back to the transmission; waiting patiently for the loud crackle of sound to burst out of the radio and come rushing through the Diner to meet me.
No sound though, greeted me by the time I got back to the transmission. I sighed in defeat and hung the radio back on its hook and walked back out to the kitchen.
*
I was sitting on one of the tables, listening to the desert wind that was trying to get through a slightly cracked window, when I heard the wooden door slam shut. I jumped up ray-gun in hand in an instant and I ran out of the kitchen, only to be greeted by the smiling face of Show Pony.
“Oh my god Pony, you scared the living daylights outta me,” I almost yelled at the black-haired man standing in the doorway of the Diner.
Pony only laughed and skated into the kitchen of the Diner. “I’m replying to your transmission, idiot.”
I followed Pony into the kitchen; he was looking for the coffee machine and holding his skates in his free hand.
“You want some coffee?” I asked him.
He nodded. “Didn’t Kobra make any yet today?”
“Yeah, but he left with Poison remember; he was talking with Ghoul for like an hour before they left. They just locked themselves in the bedroom and talked, we couldn’t tell what they were saying though,” I explained.
“When they get back, ask them,” Pony immediately shot back at me. “No one keeps secrets here.”
“That’s your response to everything Pony,” I called over my shoulder as I was making coffee for him.
“It’s so true though,” I replied, he sounded like he was getting ready for a rant.
“Coffee,” I interrupted Pony’s rant and served him his drink.
“Thanks,” he smiled and started talking again.
I had a sip of my steaming coffee and turned my head towards the window. I wonder when the guys will get back?
“Jet, we’re you even listening to me?” cried Pony.
“Oh, yeah,” I replied, taking another sip of my coffee.
“Good, keep listening, when Kobra and Ghoul come back, we’ll confront them about it,” Pony declared.
“What?” I replied. “They’ve just come back from seeing the City; you will not say anything!”
“Says who?”
“Poison will have something to say if you do, it’s his brother and they’re secrets. It might just be a family issue, nothing to worry about,” I explained.
Pony rolled his eyes and pouted. “Fine…”
I didn’t believe him.

Kobra-Kid’s POV:
For the first hour our ride to Battery City was held in silence; I just stared out at the desert that was a shade darker because of my sunglasses.
The tires of the Trans-Am rumbled over the sandy terrain and spat rocks out over ditches when one would get caught underneath them.
I looked over at my brother, whose hands were placed nervously on the wheel; he had slowed down considerably since we at left the Diner an hour ago. He looked like he was thinking about something and I was curious to know what was on his mind.
“Poison, are you okay?” I asked, realized my brother hadn’t shared his opinion on his visit to the City. Maybe he was just nervous about what he was showing us.
My brother didn’t speak; he just nodded slowly; biting his lips as if he was holding something back. Something important.
I didn’t push him anymore; he’d speak when he wanted to say something. We sat in silence for a few minutes until Poison finally spoke.
“Why are you and Ghoul keeping secrets?” he shot at me.
What does he mean? My thoughts rapidly searched for the answer while Poison sat waiting for an answer.
“I mean, before the trip, you and Ghoul were in the bedroom for an hour before we left. You weren’t just talking, what were you saying?” Poison made the question clearer.
“Ghoul and I were only talking about life before BL/i,” I replied, looking back at Ghoul. He nodded.
“And what were you saying?” demanded Poison.
“Why can’t we remember anything Poison? Both Ghoul and I can't remember living in the City when BL/i took over. We want to know why!” I yelled back, tears starting to fill my brown eyes. “I can only remember a dark, damp area and then searing heat and sand and then waking up in Dr. D’s shack.”
Poison took a while to answer that one, he sped the car up and gripped the wheel so tight, his knuckles went white.
“Answer him!” cried Ghoul, from the back of the Trans-Am.
“You guys were drugged, okay,” Poison cracked. “Jet and I drugged you and locked you in an abandoned storage area house.”
“Why?” demanded Ghoul. “Why drug us?”
“We needed to keep you hidden, if BL/i found anyone under 18 they take them into their care and raise them to be Dracs,” Poison explained. “We couldn’t stand to loose you guys, so to hide you away silently, we drugged you to keep you quiet.”
“What were you and Jet doing then?” asked Ghoul, for now I had gone quiet, tears silently streaming down my face.
“We were finding ways to escape,” Poison replied quickly. “We wanted to get out.”
“And once you found an escape route,” Ghoul wanted more answers.
“We undrugged you long enough for you to be able to stand on your feet and follow us, but you had no idea what was going on, when we got into the desert, you both collapsed and we thought that you would die. Dr. D found us and brought us to his shack, that’s when you woke up and couldn’t remember anything,” Poison gave Ghoul his answers.
Ghoul nodded; I had gone completely silent.
“What can you remember?” asked Poison, softly; the question was directed at me.
“I can remember, being at home and watching the news, something about fires, a lot of them, ‘They’re everywhere!’ the reporter was yelling. Then, a story about a pill that made everything perfect, that’s when you turned off the T.V and told me not to watch it. I turned around and you, Ghoul and Jet were standing there, Jet was holding some object in his hand. You took my hand and led me into the bedroom, I remembering asked where Mum and Dad were. ‘Out,’ was all you replied; just ‘out.’ You took the object from Jet and it was four small, blue pills; your hand was trembling and tears started to fill your eyes and you kept apologizing. ‘What for Gee?’ I asked and in reply Jet tackled me to the ground and held me down while you fed me the pill. The pill slipped down my throat and I fell into darkness instantly; Ghoul started yelling, ‘What have you done to him! What have you done?’ After a minute, he was silent too; then I could taste salty tears mixed in with the taste of that pill and all I could hear was, ‘I’m so sorry Mikey, but there was no other way.’ Sometimes I can remember flashes of the place that you kept us in, dark, damp and always you and Jet talking; then, I guess it’s from when we were in the desert, all I can remember is searing heat and collapsing onto the sand and then waking up in Dr. D’s shack with no memory of what happened…”
The car was silent and after a minute I could hear crying, Poison had began to cry at me reliving the very memory that he had tried to forget this whole time. “I’m so sorry Mikey,” he sniffed, trying to keep the car on course. “I didn’t realize those were the memories you could remember, I just assumed since you never talked about it, you couldn’t remember anything and I never had the guts to talk about it with you.”
“It’s okay Poison,” I replied. “I forgive you, everyone makes mistakes, just don’t let it eat you alive.”
Poison nodded and smiled, but it didn’t last long; the sand dune we had been traveling across had leveled out and Battery City, the place we had come to see, the place of our nightmares that keep us awake late into the nights, was standing right in front of us.
Sign up to rate and review this story