Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Finding Jared

Chapter Eighteen

by echeloncookie 0 reviews

Jared asks Skyla a few important questions. (doing my best to avoid spoilers lol.)

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-01-19 - Updated: 2012-01-20 - 1310 words - Complete

1Exciting
FINDING JARED

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The next morning, Jared and Skyla were spending some more time together before she had to leave.

"Why are you so hell-bent on going home today? Why don't you wait and go home later in the week?" Jared asked her.

Skyla ignored him; she left the room for a little bit after telling Jared she'd be back.

"I'm just going to see Emma and Vicki," she had told him.

Skyla walked down the hall and knocked on their door. Emma opened it up and looked out through a small crack before opening it all the way. "Hello, Ms. Lovebird!" Emma giggled as she pulled her inside and shut the door. "Vicki's already here; we were just waiting on you!"

Skyla walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed. She looked from Emma to Vicki and sighed. "What do you want to know?" she asked them.

"What happened last night?" Emma asked her excitedly. Her and Vicki were sitting on either side of Skyla, and were determined to get the whole story out of her.

"Nothing happened. He took me out to dinner, we came back, that's it," she told them. She stood up and paced the room.

"So you mean you guys didn't..." Emma started.

"No," she said.

"Did he at least kiss you?" Vicki asked her.

"Yes," she admitted, blushing a little.

"But nothing else?" they asked her.

"No," Skyla repeated. "I already told you that."

Emma and Vicki looked at each other and sighed. They had gotten her all dressed up for nothing.

"I better go and pack; I'm leaving soon," she said to them.

"Where are you going?" Vicki asked her.

"I'm going back home for a bit." Skyla ran her fingers through her hair. She expected this to come up.

"When do you expect to come back and stay with us?" Emma asked her.

Skyla shrugged. Over the past few weeks, she had gotten used to being with them; now that she was about to go home she didn't know what she was going to do. Maybe she would go to school or help her mom over the summer. She didn't really know.

"I'll have to think about it," Skyla told them. "I'm just going home because I haven't been home in a few weeks."

After their conversation, Skyla felt like she should've told them about her conversation with Jared the night before. He was obviously trying to hint at something, but she let on like she didn't get what he was saying. She sighed and headed back to her hotel room to pack. As she was packing, she heard a small knock on the door; she went and opened it.

"Jared!" she exclaimed. He was standing outside the room, fidgeting.

"I just came to see how your packing was going along," he told her with a smile. He himself had just come from being interrogated by Shannon and Tomo.

"It's going alright," she giggled. "I've put most of the stuff I had with me in my bags; just got to put the rest in there with them."

Jared laughed with her. "Before you leave, do you want to go and get a coffee or something?"

"Uh, I guess!" Skyla said. She had a look of confusion on her face. After their plain-jane date the night before and just sitting and talking after the date, she wasn't surprised that Jared wanted to talk to her about something.

"Okay! I'll see you in a few, right?" he asked her. He had an excited look on his face.

"Yeah, yeah. Of course," she told him.

After Jared left, she sat down on the bed. She was confused about what to do; she had to catch a flight in three hours, but she also wanted to see what Jared was so excited about. She received a text message from Jared as she was pondering over her options: "Don't worry about meeting me for coffee; I'll go and get it so you can have time to finish packing. -j"

Skyla smiled and continued packing. Twenty minutes passed and she was sitting on her bed, waiting for Jared to knock. After thirty more minutes, she was still sitting on her bed, waiting. Almost an hour had passed and she couldn't believe that he still hadn't shown up.

When an hour and five minutes had passed, Jared finally showed up at her door with a coffee in each hand. He handed one to Skyla and kept the other for himself. He sat down beside her on the bed. He took a long sip of his coffee.

"So what did you want?" Skyla asked him.

Jared took a deep breath. "I'm coming back to Chattanooga with you," he told her. "I wasn't there when Shannon came and got you, so I'm going along with you."

Skyla smiled, but on the inside she was freaking out. She wanted to see her parents, her brother, and her friends. Not accompanied by Jared. But she nodded; he might have something up his sleeve.

"Okay! I'm leaving in about an hour and a half. Are you packed?" she told him.

"Yep! All I - or should I say we - have to do is just get to the airport," he said.

Skyla sighed. She was ready to go home, but not with Jared in tow.

"I'm going to go and finish up, okay?" Jared kissed her on her forehead and left.

Skyla got up and paced for thirty minutes. When Jared came and got her, she had her bags ready. She hoisted them up over her shoulders.

"Let me get those," Jared offered. He put her bags on his and walked briskly toward the elevators, with Skyla close behind.

"Slow down!" she said as she hurried to catch up to him. As they descended, an uncomfortable silence stood between them until they stepped out into the lobby.

"Okay, so which airport is your flight taking off from?" Jared asked her.

"JFK. But I got to switch over at..." Skyla looked at a piece of paper and read off: "Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport."

"Okay, don't worry, we'll make it. Let's just get to JFK first." Jared hailed a taxicab and put their bags in the trunk. He let Skyla slide in first, and then he slid in next to her.

"We need to go to JFK," he told the driver.

As the driver started driving off toward the airport, Jared turned and looked at Skyla.

"I have a few questions for you," he told her with a sly grin.

"Okay, shoot." Skyla had a gut feeling, a feeling like she knew what was coming, but she wasn't sure.

"How much do you love me?" he asked her.

"I love you a lot."

"Enough to skip Chattanooga and run away with me?" he begged.

Skyla's mouth dropped open; her gut feeling was right! "Uhh... I haven't been home in weeks. But I'll go anywhere with you," she said hastily.

Jared nodded. Of course she was hesitant - she hadn't seen her family and friends in weeks.

"I have one more question for you, but I want to ask you that when we land, okay?" Jared told her.

Skyla was anxious, and they sat down to wait for their flight to be called.

"Why don't you just ask me now?" she told Jared.

"Too many people," he replied.

Right after he said that, their flight was called and he helped her carry her carry-on to the terminal. As they reached the gate, he allowed her to go through first and he soon followed her to their seats.

Skyla leaned in and asked him, "Why don't you just ask me now and get it over with?"

Jared looked at her and sighed. She was never going to give up. "Fine. Will you marry me?"
Sign up to rate and review this story