Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Chemical Contact: Dreams Do Come True

by xxPanicFanxx 4 reviews

A rag-tag group of teenagers wanting to be something set out to get discovered. What happens when fate knocks? And does it help that fate is also big-time music producer, Pete Wentz?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-01-19 - Updated: 2012-01-20 - 1673 words

0Unrated
I Just want to thank everyone who auditioned! I am so excited about this story! I also want to thank Obsessive-Fangirl for the lyrics! I give her 100% credit like I promised I would:). She’s a lyrical genius!

“Guys! Guys!” I screamed running out of my apartment complex, holding a flyer. “This is it!”

“What?” Bec asked taking the flyer out of my hand.

“What is that?” Tatiana looked over Bec’s shoulder at the flyer.

“That, my dear friend, is a flyer for The Red Cabana, a new club that just opened! They’re looking for bands to play!” I screeched, jumping up and down.

“Are you serious?! You’re not joking with us, right?!” Kaitlyn asked eyes wide.

“Yes I’m serious! This could be our big break! There’s gonna be celebrities, music producers, athletes, you name it they’ll be there!” I grabbed the piece of paper back and showed them the bands playing. “Ok. Ok. Ok. Ok.” I said as I looked at the names. “Well no one we know.” I shrugged. “They all look like pretty good bands…”

“We better go practice then.” Bec looked back at my apartment building.

“You better not be joking Rae.” Tatiana said pointing to me and narrowing her eyes.

“I’m not!” I raised my hands in front of myself protectively. “We can’t practice at my place. The neighbors will complain and we can’t get kicked out again.”

“Well then we’ll go to Bec’s house.” Kaitlyn said looking at Bec.

“Nu-uh!” Bec said, shaking her head. “My mom already said no practice at the house. She would bust a nut if I even asked.” I folded up the flyer and put it in my back pocket.

“Well we can’t practice at my house, sorry.” Tatiana shrugged.

“Can’t do it at my house either.” Kaitlyn whispered.

“Ugh, where are we supposed to go then?” I asked, kicking the ground.

“Well we could rent out a room at Griffin Studios.” Bec said looking at everyone.

“Yeah, but where will we get the money?” Tatiana asked. I sighed and closed my eyes.

“I have three-hundred dollars saved away for college, but this is way more important.” I smiled and opened my eyes.

“This is why we love you.” Bec smiled and put her arm around me.

“Alright let’s go.” I smiled and started walking to the building, everyone following behind.


2 hours later


“Come on guys we have to find that money!” I said, flipping over my mattress.

“Ugh, how can you not know where you hid three-hundred fucking dollars?!” Kaitlyn snapped, throwing a pillow at me.

“Hey! I hid it when we first moved in like a year ago! I haven’t changed this room since-“

“Found it!” Tatiana yelled, staring at the wad of cash in her hand.

“Tati I love you!” I said running to her and hugging her.

“Crushing. Me.” She breathed out.

“Sorry.” I laughed.

“You guys are weirdoes.” I heard my oldest brother, Aaron say. “So are we going to this Griffin Studios or whatever, or not?” He asked, swinging his car keys on his finger.

“Yeah!” We all said in unison, making everyone burst out laughing. We grabbed our instruments and loaded into two cars. The car driven by my brother carried our guitars and microphone stand. Tatiana was driving the second car, seeing as how she’s the oldest and the only one with a car, carried all of us and Bec’s drum set.


10 minutes later


“Strike up the band whoa! The conductor is beckoning! Come congregation let’s sing it like you mean it no! Don’t you get, don’t you get it now don’t you move!” We all sang at the same time.

“Just stay where I can see you douse the lights!” I sang by myself.

“We sure are in for a show tonight!” We sang in unison again.


40 minutes later


“Hi yeah, we’d like to rent out a room to practice.” Bec said.

“It’s twenty dollars a week. Room eighteen, down the hall, ninth door on the left.” A short man with black hair said.

“Thanks.” I smiled and handed him the twenty dollars. We grabbed our instruments out of the cars and put them in the room. I grabbed the microphone, Tatiana strummed her guitar, Kaitlyn hit a key on her piano, Bec hit her drum set a couple times. “Testing. Testing, 1-2. Testing. How does this sound guys?” I spoke into the microphone.

“Sounds good to me.” Bec said.

“Ok are you guys ready?” I asked grabbed the microphone. They all nodded.

“Here.” Bec said handing me a piece of paper. “Sing this.”

“Ok.” I smiled as she handed everyone else a sheet of music paper. As soon as the music started I could feel the adrenalin pumping through me, sure we weren’t at a concert, hell we didn’t have an audience, but I still get that feeling that I’m high. It’s so exhilarating and different.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages
We are proud to present to you the house of hell
If you're prepared to take a little risk
Feel free to follow us on the tour of this place

We've got the funhouse clowns
May look normal, but get to know them like we do
And you'll find they aren't who you thought they were
In actual fact, they're the new definition of Satan!

And I'd just like to give you a proper intro
Follow us as we explain this place to you
It's not what you think it is
And all we can say is "welcome to the freak show!"

Now here we have our ringmaster of the night
He's not your, no he's not your average ringmaster
I can tell you this right now
As soon as you leave, he'll be at our necks!

And I'd just like to give you a proper intro
Follow us as we explain this place to you
It's not what you think it is
And all we can say is "welcome to the freak show!"

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages
We are proud to present to you the house of hell

And I'd just like to give you a proper intro
Follow us as we explain this place to you
It's not what you think it is
And all we can say is "welcome to the freak show!"

Oh, all we can say is "welcome to the freak show!"
Welcome to the freak show!
” I sang at the top of my lungs.

“Bec, you wrote that?!” Tatiana asked, looking at the girl behind the drums who nodded her head sheepishly.

“It’s fantastic!” I chimed in.

“Thanks.” Bec smiled and blushed.

“Ok so what song should we do next?” I asked looking around at everyone. “I was thinking of covering a song.”

“Yeah we could do that. How about ‘A Little Less Sixteen Candles A Little More Touch Me’?” Bec suggested.

“Sure.” I smiled. “I confess, I'm messed up
Dropping "I'm sorry" like you're still around
And I know you dressed up
"hey kid you'll never live this down"

'Cause you're just the girl all the boys want to dance with
And I'm just the boy who's had too many chances

I'm sleeping on your folk's front porch again, dreaming
She said, she said, she said, "Why don't you just drop dead?"

I don't blame you for being you
But you can't blame me for hating it
So say, what are you waiting for?
Kiss her, kiss her
I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late

Write me off, give up on me
Cause darling, what did you expect
I'm just off a lost cause
a long shot, don't even take this bet

You can make all the moves, you can aim all the spotlights
Get all the sighs and the moans just right

I'm sleeping on your folk's porch again, dreaming
She said, she said, she said, "Why don't you just drop dead?"

I don't blame you for being you
But you can't blame me for hating it
So say, what are you waiting for?
Kiss her, kiss her
I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late
” I sang, twisting the microphone cord in my fingers.

Always on, always on” Tatiana sang in the background.

You said you'd keep me honest” I sang slower.

Always on, always on” Bec sang along with Tatiana.

But I won't call you on it” I pointed to everyone in the room as I sang.

Always on, always on” Kaitlyn soon joined in the background.

I don't blame you for being you
But you can't blame me for hating it
So say, what are you waiting for?
Kiss her, kiss her
I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late
I set my clocks early 'cause I know I'm always late
” I finished up singing and smiled to everyone. “We sounded great!” I screeched, jumping up and down. You could tell I was the youngest out of everyone, even if it was just by a couple months.

“I think we’re ready, but let’s keep the practice space.” Bec said, standing up from her drum set and walking over to me.

“Me too. And we are definitely keeping this place.” I laughed and bit my lip. I quickly pulled out the flyer that was stuffed in my pocket. “We’ve got 5 days before we go to audition. Thank god it’s summer.”

“What makes you say that?” Tatiana asked.

“Well…” I faded out, smiling.

“Epic sleepover time?” Bec smiled mischievously at me.

“Oh yeah, epic sleepover time.” I nodded my head and smiled back.

So rate and review please:D Tell me what you think! Also I just want to thank Obsessive-Fangirl again for the wonderful lyrics! Hope you guys like it so far! I'll be posting the next chapter tomorrow hopefully!
Sign up to rate and review this story