Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Escape

chap 10 - Change Is Near

by xpurplewolfx 0 reviews

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-01-22 - Updated: 2012-01-22 - 1686 words - Complete

0Unrated
Authors Not: ~ I am so, so, so sorry for the lack of updates! My exams have rules my life for the past month :( Yeah this chapter sucks >.< sorry
xAbbiex





"Bloody hell, Leah!" Abbie looked flabberguasted, "You just killed him"

"Yep!" She picked the hat off the blood glazed head.

"NO!" Abbie lunged forward, sensing what her friend was about to do, "You are not shoving the hat up his arse!"

"Awww," Leah giggled.

"Err, girls," Dustin coughed, slowly pointing at the two letos lying on the floor.

"Oh god,"

"So, we have to carry both of them? Great, that complicates things..." Gerard frowned, "Shall we wait for Shannon to wake up?"

"Actually, It's better for everyone if he remains unconscious. That way he can't transform into a werewolf, so we can take him outside." Dustin paused, lifting his head slightly. Leah, after scaring away the remaining henchmen with her bloody sword and proceeding to purge it of blood by wiping it on Caspian's coat, picked her ears too.

"It sounds like... hooves..." Hayley mused.

"Please, God, don't tell me its... Caspian's demon horse or something," Gerard sighed.

"No... In fact," Dustin began to beam as the deepest regions of the cave from which they had escaped the clutches of became bathed in brilliant blue, dancing along the callous rock and illuminating even the deepest nooks and crannies "- I knew it!"

It was a horse encased in saphire flame... No, it was the flame. Was it even a horse? This magnificent being could not be terrestrial; a heathen God. The animal slowed as it reached them, gently nuzzeling Dustin who patter the silk-spun fur.

Tomo stood awestruck at the animal, it was beautiful. From the perfectly sculpted horn that shimmered an azure hue to the solid topaz blocks that ended the muscular legs.

"He's called Mira," Dustin informed the group, Jared and Shannon lifted from their shoulders for the smallest moment.

Jared gave another groan, Tomo swore, the creatures arrival had lifted the terrible weight of their prediciment from his shoulder, Jared's pityful noise had just thrown it back with momentous force.

"How far do you reckon until the exit?" Tomo asked.

"Can't be more than ten minutes if we're fast, you and Jared should go ahead on Mira, there just isn't time,"

"What about you guys, how will you find him, how will I find hims?"

"You'll be fine, I think this fella knows what he's doing"

Tomo walked upto Mira and patted his neck. A tongue of flame licked his hand, he flinched, from instinct not pain as the flame did not burn him. In fact it was simply pleasently warm - body temperature.

"It is not hot!"

"No," Dustin chuckled, "But it could be, Mira controlls the temperature, if he doesn't trust you then you'd be fired to a crisp"

"You need to be quick!" Mikey instructed as he aided Gerard and Tomo in lifting Jared's limp form onto Mira's sleek back. Jared could not support himself so spilt over Mira's neck, engulfed in the cool flame. Tomo held him in place with one hand as he scrambled onto the horse behind Jared.

"What the hell do I hold onto?" Tomo asked as his hand fell through the 'mane'. Mikey smiled and reached for his bag.

"Don't tell me you have a bloody bridle in there?" Tomo raised his brows, Mikey shook his head and produced a rope that he tied around Mira's neck in a loop with which Tomo was able to wrap his arms around Jared's waist and hold the rope - securing them both in place.

Tomo sat awkwardly for a moment before instructing Mira, rather sheepishly; "Right, well... Off we go!" The animal anorted before breaking into a controlled canter in the direction of the outside world.

Gerard, Hayley, Dustin, Mikey, Leah, Abbie and an unconscious Shannon were left in the dim catacomb.

"Do we just leave them here?" Mikey asked, pointing to the two bodies.

"We'll have to," Dustin shrugged off his coeat, "But first..." He bent down to Kirus and covered his body in it. He smiled sadly and breathed a thankyou, the rest followed and muttered words of gratitude.

"We need to get going!" Leah commented. Gerard nodded.

"Dustin and I will caryy Shannon, you too Leah, I must admit your 'ninja skills' are awesome as fuck."

"I am the Ninja Nun," She giggled.

Five minutes later and Shannon was being carried - rathee awkwardly by Dustin, Gerard and Leah.

"Couldn't Shannon have gone with Tomo?" Gerard panted, "No offence or nothing, but Jared only weighs about two stone!"

"I'll let Shann know that next full moon," Mikey chuckled.

"What happens if Shannon starts waking up outside?" Gerard's eyes contained a glint of fear.

"Grab the nearest stone and hit him over the head with it!" Dustin replied earning a shaky laugh from Gerard, "I am not joking! It's that or us all be ripped apart!" His voice grim.

"Light! There's light!" Abbie shrieked as she pointed straight ahead, "Thank fuck for that, I might have killed myself if I'd seen one more tunnel!"

A collective appresiative sigh as natural light began to caress the black with its welcomed fingers.

xXx

All he could do was cling onto the hooved hurricane and beg every god he could name that their steed would bring them there in time.

Tomo couldn't see his face, fear prevnted him from moving more than a few milimeters, but Jared occasionally released entrial tugging pants that were audiable even over the thunddering hooved cascading down on Tomo's ears. Every second passed as an age of anxiety to Tomo, despite being at a gallop ebery tree seemed to stay in his visions for minutes. Mira flew across the ground his feet sure as haphazard rocks crumbled beneath each, hard punch with which they trapiezed forwards.

The world darkened by many shads as clouds suffocated the moon, their cold hands imprisoning its light as they clenched around the pale complexion. Tomo was still vaugely aware of his surrounding mainly due to the trickled of water that his ears registrered. Could they possibly at the reunion of the two rivers yet? Were they nearly there? Tomo could only pray.

xXx

Pain. His world was pain. How he had even managed to hold on for this long he did not know. An acrid smog had possesed his being, its potency increasing with every passing minute. Vague images of events flooded his mind: Shannon holding him, being taken from the cell - Tomo... He was there too, the people (a mass of people), Caspian he had come... But he was dead now... And Kirus... After that Jared was not certain what had happened as his consciousness had began to waver.

He was moving fast though - that he knew. Someone was behind him, embracing him. His body was thrown viciously back and forth as a monsoon of noise rained upon his ears, the wind thrashing his haHe half opened his for an iota of a moment - even that drained him. He had seen flames, blue flames - 'Am I dead?'... He was scared and in agony, that he could be sure of.

Jared felt the violent jarring lesson in intesnsity. Now the movement threw him up and down rather than forwards and back.

Another spasm of pain racked his body while the army of oblivion gained more ground at the corners of his conscieceness.

"We're here, Jay! It's going to be allright," The figure behind him whooped with relief. A figure that was painfully familier, but the army had already obliterated all but agony and fear in his world.

xXx

The clouds began to softky cry, a fine spray of water falling upon their heads.

"I think we're gonna regret not wearing coats," Abbie observed, patting her hair to inspect the damage, the srands had started to congeal together.

"Thanks... We'll remember that for the next time we embark on some crazed rescue mission!" Mikey rolled his eyes. His bad mood had began as Shannon's still body had taken on the transformation into a wolf - almost doubling in size and weight, thankfully he was still unconscious, and had been exacerbated by the promise of rain.

The group stumbled over small stones that had become trecherous in the diluted light.

"I wonder how Tomo and Jay are?" Hayley quiried, she was infrount and shone a dying torch in front of them searching for beacons to indicate they were close and iminant perils.

"They'll be fine!" Gerard reassured. Leah and Abbie nodded ferverantly to confirm this.

xXx

The rain fell harsh and hard, inhibiting Tomo's vission. He could just make out a small shack, barely distinguishable from its surroundings in the darkness and blur of rain. It lay upon the bank of a babbling river and within the crevice of two mountains. It seemed calm and though, at present, it gave off no illuminant of any form it acted as a beacon to Tomo, a beacon of hope.

Mira swayed closer to the wooden building, hooves drowned over the lashing of the rain droplets. Tomo couldn't appreciate the wonderous simplicty of the shack, the subtely sculptured logs playing walls, for Jared's once soft complaints of pain had now escalated to whimpers of agony. Sweat mingled with rain, was this better for him, cooling him off? Or did it exacerbat his condition?

The hut's door was swung open sending smiling light at the troubled party, welcoming them with warmth and saftey. A figure was born from the warm glow it quickly reached the horse and gently grabbed Jared's torso, heaving him down. Tomo dismounted, gave Mira a breif, grateful pat and aided the stranger.

"Come on, we need to hurry." Tomo didn't need this prompt to hurry half of Jared into the shack.

It was small and, it sounded cliche to him, but cozy Tomo though looking around. He was now solely responisble for holding Jared. The other man had ruched fowards and swept a wooden dining table clear before Tomo placed the shaking Jared upon it.
Sign up to rate and review this story