Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Secrets of Life

by Fatalfashionista 0 reviews

A girl named Blue Collar Doom meets the Fabulous Killjoys, and helps them defeat Blind, but what secrets is she hiding?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-01-23 - Updated: 2012-01-24 - 9896 words

0Unrated
BAM! A car exploded behind me. I laughed hysterically as I ran, as fast as I could, out the large building compound. There were fifty-somthing Dracs behind me, and I could be killed any second now, but I couldn't care less. I never had. I leaped over a black volvo and sped toward the nearest exit from the city. I tightened the straps on my backpack, knowing I had the most valuable things in the world in there, and I had to keep them close.
“Keep Running, little girl!” I heard a deep voice shout after me.
“We'll get you next time!” a younger boy's voice shouted after me as I jumped into my car and sped off. The night was wonderful. I laughed with joy and turned on my radio. Dr. Death was commenting on how amazing the day had been. Five new Killjoys rescued, Korse not to be found in any of the zones, the body count of Dracs raising with every hour. We would soon exterminate them, if they weren't careful. Then Dr. Death Defying started playing some Mad Gear and Missile Kid, and I sang along. It wasn't until I hit the abandoned school, my home, that I felt the sleep deprevation hit me. I had to get inside before it got light, and get some sleep.
I pulled off my backpack, and sat cross-legged at a desk, spreading out all the loot I had gotten.
There were five folders, some health packs, and, most importantly, my supper. I gulped it down, and put the rest in the old fridge. I then checked out the first file.
“GW, also known as Party Poison.
Age, not specifically known. Found outside the city with FI, RT, and MW.
Specific hobbies, painting, drawing and writing.
Musician.
Want for destruction, and death of all BLI members.”
Under this short descriptions, were many pictures of a man with bright red hair, a blue jacket, and some light blue jeans. He had on a yellow mask with black diamonds over the eyes, and blue circles. He was quite handsome, but seemed too much a leader for my taste. I smiled. Then I picked up the next folder.
“MW, also known as Kobra Kid.
Age unspecified, younger than GW. Found outside city with FI, RT, and GW.
Specific hobbies, drawing and writing.
Musician.
Has want for quiet time, unless provoked.”
Under the description was a picture of a man with blond hair, a yellow and black bandana around his mouth and black sunglasses. He had on a red coat with a yellow and black tank top under it. He had black skinny jeans, and black boots. He looked very shy, always behind something or other.
I looked at the next file.
“FI, also known as Fun Ghoul
Age, unspecified, younger than MW. Found outside city with MW, RT, and GW.
Specific hobbies, destroying things, martial arts, and arts.
Musician
Want for any type of explosion, and knack for torture.”
There were pictures of a short man with a black and yellow long sleeved shirt with a green vest over it. He had on black skinny jeans, and black, long hair. He had on either a ghoulish like mask on him, or a white and black mask over his eyes. He did, indeed look very mischievous.
The next to last folder held the description:
“RT, also known as Jet Star.
Age, unspecified. Found outside city with MW, FI, and GW.
Specific hobbies, planning, fighting, and drinking.
Musician.
Want for proper life, with planned attacks.”
Under that was a picture of a man with either a large astronaut looking helmet on, or a star patterned bandanna and sunglasses. He had on a black jacket and black jeans. When his hair was showing, it looked like a long and curly afro. I smiled to myself, remembering my sister, before letting a tear fall. I missed her so much, and I had no idea where she was, or if she was even alive.
The last folder was one of the most important of all.
“SA, aslo known as Blue Collar Doom
Age, born late 1800's. Experimentation starting since then. Whereabouts unknown. Dangerous wepon.
Specific hobbies, art, weaponry, martial arts, and skill of stealth
Unkown occupation
Want for freedom of what she has become.”
Under it were pictures of me. My white mask with blue and black stripes over my pale face. My black hair with a blue streak in it. My blue leather jacket with my striped blouse and blue collar. My black skinny jeans and converse. I sighed and set the folder down. Should I burn it? Should I keep it? I didn't know. They didn't have much information on me. I already knew the rest. I knew it too well. Which is why I had to stay hidden. I had to hide who I was, even from myself. With that, I fell asleep, under the dark roof of the school.

(Party Poison's POV)
I was pacing the diner nervously. What happened? FINALLY Ghoul stepped out of his room, stretching, and I tried not to laugh. SOMEONE had put makeup on him, and he looked ridiculous, but cute at the same time. I snickered.
“What?” Ghoul asked, walking over to the counter and picking up a cup of coffee.
“Whoa! Dude!” Kobra said, laughing as he walked in.
“What!?!” Ghoul complained.
“Hey....Ghoul?” Jet said, blinking as he came in from his room.
“O.....kay?” Ghoul said, taking a sip of coffee, then looked down at the rim. There was lipstick on where he had put his mouth.
“What the.....” Ghoul said, setting down the coffee and running to the bathroom.
“One...two....” Kobra counted.
“AHHHHHGARRRRGAAAAAHHHHHH!” We heard Ghoul wail.
“BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Kobra and Jet laughed.
“That's revenge on letting him get me with the hair dye.” Kobra said, wiping his eyes.
“And...putting....syrup....in....my....shampoo....” Jet gasped, grabbing his stomach, tears coming to his eyes as well.
“Guys....” I warned. Ghoul stormed out, face washed, but traces of eye shadow and lipstick still on his face.
“Who. Did. This?” Ghoul asked, threateningly.
“Uhhhhh.” Kobra and Jet pointed at me. I shook my head and stepped back, watching as the five foot two man get closer and closer to me.
“That wasn't funny, Poison....” Ghoul said to me, reaching out his arms like a zombie. I stumbled back, too lost for words.
“N....No! It was K...Kobra and J...Jet!” I finally got out.
“A likely story.” Ghoul said, and leaped. I fell backwards, with the smaller man on top of me. He started tickling my sides.
“Hahahaha! Ghoul! Hahaha, Stop!” I screamed, laughing hard. Tears started to come to my eyes. Then, it got even worse. Ghoul had found my most ticklish spot, right on the small of my back.
“No! No!” I cried, as I laughed more, the tears streaming down.
“BOYS!” the radio roared. Immediately, everyone was silent.
“Yes, Dr.?” I asked, running up to the transmitter.
“I have bad news for you hooligans.” Dr. Death said to us.
“What is it?” Kobra asked, nervously.
“Remember how Cherry Cola was going to retrieve your files? Well, they're missing. Also, Cola is missing.” Dr. Death said. I paled. Who could have taken our files? Who would want them?
“Do you know who took them?” Jet asked, taking charge.
“All I know are it's a girl, and her name's acronyms are BCD. That's all I can get for now. She's like a professional, but she almost seems to want to be found. She's actually been in the Killjoy profession longer than you guys have....” Dr. Death said.
“What?!?!” I gasped.
“How is that possible?” Ghoul asked.
“I'm not sure. If we could find her, I bet we could find out, though. Be careful, though, guys. If she thinks we are trying to harm her, we could very well get really hurt. So stay safe, and report to me when you have found her.” Dr. Death said.
“You got it! Yay! A kidnapping!” Ghoul said, running outside.
“He means he's just excited to see another girl.” Jet sighed, laughing.
“Yeah, let's go.” Kobra said, laughing.
I followed, thinking how strange it was that someone was doing the job that we created longer than we have. It didn't seem possible. We had to find this girl. She would definitely help us get Cherry Cola before he was killed....

(Blue Collar Doom's POV)
I stirred, and rolled over, unfortunately hitting the side of a desk and bruising my arm. I groaned and sat up, rubbing it. Dusk was coming, quickly. I smiled and got up, turning on the flickering lights. The room and the world was quiet. Way too quiet for my liking. I jumped up and turned on the radio.
“And now for your daily news, Killjoys. Files of other Killjoys are being stolen from the BLI headquarters by an unknown Killjoy. They seem harmless enough, but I must warn that Killjoy that we would like to keep our information quiet, please.”
I scoffed, and rolled my eyes. Of course there would be complaint. But what better place to keep Killjoys' files but in a school, where BLI couldn't find them? Plus, they were guarded by the oldest Killjoy in the world. They could look for me all they wanted, it's not like I was hard to find, which is why no one did. There was no reason to look in the obvious places. I laughed and shook my head, getting myself a snack pack to drink before going off and into the city again. I started to grab my weapons and walk to the main entrance when I heard voices.
“Man! This is great! I'm back in school!” one of them complained.
“Can it, okay? We're here to sleep before going to search tomorrow morning.” another one said.
“Yeah, guys. I'm really tired. But I'm going to the facilities, first.” a third said. The first one snickered as I heard footsteps walk away.
“Let's pick a classroom and set up.” the second voice said.
“Kay!” The first one answered, and I heard them run down the halls. I dashed into a classroom and hit inside the closet. The cool thing was, this closet had a hidden door in it that kept me invisible, but it was right next to the wall, so I could still hear everything going on.
“Hey! Poison! I like this one!” The first voice said.
POISON!?! I gasped. No, it couldn't be.
“Ugh! Ghoul! This was a science classroom.” second voice complained.
“Let's just go to bed!” a fourth voice I hadn't heard yet say. I heard rumpling and desks moving. Then I heard moving on the floors. After about what seemed like half an hour, everything was silent. I waited a little longer, and then walked out. There were three men, fast asleep on the floor. Three men I knew well by looking at their bios yesterday. Party Poison, Fun Ghoul, and Kobra Kid. I had to get out before the fourth, Jet Star came in. Then I could run out before I.....
I left the music on. I left it on in my bed room. UGH I'M SO STUPID! I made a hasty dash for the door, and started running down the hall, when...
BAM! I ran into something...or someone.
“Hey!” the third voice I had heard complained. I looked up, and gasped, with wide eyes. There, in front of me, well, on the floor, since we both fell, was a man with a gorgeous brown afro. He glared at me, and this his eyes brightened.
“You're Blue Collar Doom!” He said, loudly. I jumped on top of him, and put my hand over his mouth, shushing him.
“Would you shut up!?!” I hissed. He looked up at me, confused. Then he nodded. I don't know what he was playing at, but I decided to let him go.
He stood up, brushing himself off, and helped me up.
“You want to go to another place to talk? Perhaps your room, where you left the music blaring?” He asked, chuckling.
“Fine.” I groaned. We both walked over to my room, where I turned down the radio. I motioned him to sit on one of the old desks, and I sat next to him, crossing my legs so I my legs were not hanging off the side. Jet Star turned to me.
“I believe you have something of mine.” He said, nodding at the main desk at the front. I smiled and shook my head.
“They aren't there. The files are in the Teacher's Study, locked in a file cabinet.” I said.
“Why? Why did you take them?” Jet Star asked.
“Because, you're the Fabulous Killjoys. I was curious. Then I realized that no one ever comes here, and wouldn't it be handy if all the Killjoy's files were out of sight?” I asked.
“I guess I can see why you thought that, but seriously? That's still stealing our private information.” He said.
“Think of it this way, no one's going to get it, because sneaking in in the night can't work.” I said, shrugging.
“....why?” He asked, curiously.
“Because, I sleep in the day, and work in the night.” I said. He laughed.
“Like a vampire?” He asked.
“Sure, like that.” I said, laughing.
“So, you think that, all by yourself, you can keep everyone's secrets?” He asked.
“I've done it for longer than you can imagine.” I said, looking down.
“Dr. Death told us you've been a Killjoy longer than we have. How is that possible?” He asked me.
“I....how did he know that?” I asked.
“Well, there have been records of you raiding the city, before we even came up with the idea to go near the city.” Jet Star said.
“I....Well, I've never been afraid, and I couldn't let BLI keep doing what it was, even though I couldn't help it, at least I've tried.” I said.
“It seems lonely, fighting all by yourself.” Jet Star said, leaning toward me, staring into my eyes. He had dark brown eyes, just like mine. They were so deep.
“I....I've done it for longer then you have, I bet, and I'm still alive.” I said, a little memorized.
He was still leaning in. “Anyone would have been willing to help you. Why keep going off by yourself?” He asked.
“That's the way I've always been.” I whispered. We were almost nose to nose. Things seemed to slow, and even though I wanted to pull away, I didn't. Our lips touched.
“WHAT!?!?!?!?!” A voice said. Jet Star and I pulled away, and I looked down, blushing.
“JET!!!!!” another screamed.
*
(Jet Star's POV)
I couldn't believe it. I barely knew this chick and I tried to KISS her. What kind of pervert am I!?!?
“JET!!!” Poison screamed at me.
I looked over at Blue Collar Doom, who was looking at the floor. What did I do!?!
“I can't believe you!” Ghoul yelled at me.
“What?” I asked, now angered.
“First you run off, then you go and kiss the nearest chick!?! Are you kidding me? That was so....so....” Ghoul said, at a loss for words, for once.
“I didn't...I....” I stammered. I had no clue what to say. Honestly. I couldn't even thing straight.
“Honestly, Jet, if you're going to be this irresponsible....” Poison said.
“Look, it was my fault, okay!?!?” Blue Collar Doom suddenly said. I looked up to see her standing, only an inch shorter than Poison. She was glaring such a death glare I was afraid she was going to bite his throat off.
“And who are you?” Poison asked, trying to be all macho.
“I'm the girl you've been looking for, and you're going to leave Jet Star alone. He didn't mean to. It wasn't his fault. We were just talking, and well, it was my fault.” She said. I KNEW she was lying. But why? Why would she lie for a complete stranger?
“You're the one who stole our files!” Ghoul said, walking up to her, and looking up at her.
She smirked, the most adorable, yet menacing smirk I have ever seen. “Yes, I am. Now, thanks to me, BLI can't have all that information. After they print something off, they destroy all memory of it on the computers. A little too many pills, if you ask me. Anyway....I mean, I kept them safe.” She said.
I smiled up at her. That's all she wanted. She wanted to keep people safe. That's how noble she is.
“All by yourself? Are you kidding me?” Fun Ghoul said. He looked at Poison, who was rubbing his chin.
“Maybe....just maybe it could be true. I don't see a girl like you living by yourself so long, though.” He said, looking her up and down. Blue Collar Doom rolled her eyes.
“Yeah, yeah. I'm pretty. Look. If you want your files back, I'll give them to you. I wasn't going to do anything with them, anyway.” She said. We all followed her to the Teacher's Study. There she pulled out a shelf with five folders in it. She pulled out four and handed them to their respective owners. When she reached me, she blushed slightly and handed it to me like an apology gift. Why did she feel bad, when I was to blame?
“Look, I'm sorry, for...for...for everything. There's your file. You can be on your way now.” She said, quietly.
I looked back at her, shocked. Did she really think that we were just going to leave her by herself, now?
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“I mean, you got what you wanted. You can go.” She said, like it was the most natural thing in the world. She crossed her arms and stepped back, leaving the door open for us to leave.
“I don't think so.” Poison shook his head.
Blue Collar Doom sighed and looked at him with wary eyes. I just stared. How didn't I notice? Her eyes looked....old.... But how? She looked almost younger than us. How could her eyes look so...aged?
“What do you want now? A tour? Sorry, it's just a school.” She said, shaking her head.
“No, I want you to come with us.” Poison said, counter-acting her attitude. She laughed, mockingly, but not exactly at Poison, more at what could have been an inside joke.
“Sorry, dude, but I'm a bit busy. I can't just follow every group of Killjoys that come my way.” She said, shaking her head. “Anyway, I'm on a mission, and I can't be thrown off.” She said.
“But...why?” Ghoul asked.

(Fun Ghoul's POV)
I didn't get it. I honestly didn't. How could a girl THAT awesome NOT have someone? How could she spend all these years, alone, without being killed, or added to another Killjoy group? Blue Collar Doom turned to me, and my heart almost stopped. She had the most amazing hair, ans brown eyes....wait....she was talking to me.
“Look, I know you all are like a family, and you stick together, but I....I lost my family, and I'm out to find them, no matter what it costs.” She said.
“Whoa...you mean, you have family?” I asked, a little shocked.
“Yeah. I have a sister and cousin out there, and I need to find them.” She said, looking out the window at the endless desert.
“What if they're...you know...dead?” Kobra said. I looked up at him. That poor shy boy hadn't said a thing since we had met Blue Collar Doom.
Then, she turned and LOOKED at him. Not just a glance, not just a look, but a LOOK. Kobra backed away a little.
“They're not dead.” She said, so simply, it's like she wasn't perturbed.
“Al....right....then?” Jet said, looking at all of us, curiously.
“So, you have a mission. That's great! But we need your help.” Poison said. I nodded. That's right Cherry Cola.
“For what?” Blue Collar Doom asked.
“We need you to help us find a friend of ours who got stuck in the city.” Poison said.
“They're dead meat, dude. Once you get stuck, you don't get out.” Blue Collar Doom shook her head.
I flinched. That was it. Poison's fists clenched.
“Don't say that. He's not dead. It's not hopeless.” He said, through gritted teeth.
Blue Collar Doom's eyes widened, then she smirked.
“Sorry, did I push a button?” She said, in mock innocence. What was she doing? She was driving Poison over the edge.....and then I realized. That's what she wanted. She wanted Poison to get so mad at her that he would leave and take us with him, and it was going to work, at this pace, if Kobra, Jet or I didn't do anything to stop it.
“Look, Poison, we'll find him...don't worry.” I said, walking over to him, and putting my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off.
“Apologize.” he growled to Blue Collar Doom.
“Hmmmm, no.” She said, smirking again.
“Blue Collar Doom, please, just say you're sorry.” Jet said, walking closer to her. She backed away, but was still smirking.
“No, I wasn't lying. He's probably, dead, or even a draculiod by now.” She said. That was it. I saw tears form at the corners of Poison's eyes. He grabbed Kobra's hand, and stared shoving me toward the door.
“That's it. We don't need your help. We'll go.” Poison said, trying not to show he was crying. Blue Collar Doom smirked and let us walk out. I gave one last look at her before I left, helping Kobra keep Poison from turning around and killing her.
We got out to the car, and Poison sat in the passenger seat, since he was in no condition to drive. Kobra sat at the wheel. I got in the back, and looked for Jet. I finally saw him, walking warily out of the school. When he got to the car, he sighed and sat down next to me.
“She won.” He said. I nodded, and we waited for Kobra to drive us away. Suddenly, Poison turned to us.
“What?” He asked.
“She won.” I said, simply, shrugging.
“Won how?” Poison asked. Kobra sighed and looked at him.
“It was obvious, Poison. She knew we were going to keep insisting for her to come with us, and she didn't want to go. So, she made you mad so you would make us leave.” Kobra said.
“That....that....” Poison said, getting angry again. I gave Jet the... “here we go again” look. He nodded.
“That was.....really smart.” Poison said. Jet and my jaws dropped. Did we hear that right?
“What?” Kobra asked.
“Don't you see? That proves she's worthy to be a Fabulous Killjoy five times over. She's smart, uses tactics, and knows how to manipulate people to her advantage. If she was part of BLI she would be their main director.” Poison said, laughing and shaking his head.
“You know, sometimes I just don't get you.” Kobra said, sighing and shaking his head. Poison got out of the car, laughing.
“Come on. We have to keep this one.” He said. We all got out of the car, walking back to the school. Outside, I tried to act as if I didn't care, but inside I was rejoicing. I was going to get to work with Blue Collar Doom, and maybe even learn some fighting tactics from her. This was going to be exciting.

(Blue Collar Doom's POV)
I had FINALLY made them leave. I sighed happily to myself. Yes, I was a sad I had to go that far to make them leave, but I could tell that it was for the best. They were definitely daytime Killjoys. The only way I could go out in the sun was to use my ring, and I didn't want to have to, because it made me especially hungry.
I turned on my radio and pulled out my maps. So, they had a friend stuck in the city? I bet it was one of Dr. Death's lackeys. I pulled out a list of names. There was Show Pony, Cherry Cola, and Sonic Angel. Well, Dr. Death had told the listeners that he was missing a guy, so it couldn't be Sonic Angel. I thought I remembered a broadcast about something pertaining to Cherry Cola. So I was going to go with him. I packed up my gun and some smoke bombs, and was about to set off when....
“Blue Collar Doom!” I heard Party Poison's voice call. Oh no. WHY!?!?
I turned off my radio and my lights and hid in my second hiding spot in my closet. Hopefully, they wouldn't find me, but I had no hidden door in this one. I waited, breathing heavily.
“She was just here....” Fun Ghoul said.
“Did she have her car in the back?” Jet Star asked.
“Well, she should have been getting some sleep. It's late.” Poison said. I smirked to myself.
“No, she sleeps in the day, and works at night.” Jet Star said. My smirk grew wider. Well, he was listening.
“Huh....” Poison said, I heard them rummaging, and I heard papers being moved.
“....Hey....Poison...” Kobra Kid said.
“What is it, bro?” Poison asked. So, they WERE brothers. I thought so, but I wasn't sure.
“It's Cola. Blue Collar Doom was reading about him....and here's a map of BLI's cells....do you think....?” Kobra started. They were figuring it out... GAH! I didn't want them to know my plans.
“Blue! You can come out! We know you were going to save Cola for us!” Party Poison called. I smiled to myself. Maybe they would think I already left. I heard footsteps come into the room.
“She's still here, Poison. Both a bike and a car are sitting outside.” Jet Star said. HOW?!?! I groaned inwardly.
“BLUE!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!” Fun Ghoul yelled in a sing-song voice. I sighed. Maybe they would go looking for me, and I could sneak out the window....
“Ha!” The closet door was opened, and Fun Ghoul and Jet Star.
“Hello, Blue!” Fun Ghoul said, smiling and wiggling his fingers.
“You guys are annoying, you know that?” I asked, walking out.
“Why were you hiding?” Kobra asked me.
“Because, that's what I do, and also, I thought you all would eventually leave.” I narrowed my eyes at Poison.
Poison shrugged and smiled. “I couldn't. You're too awesome to be left here alone. Plus, since you were going to save Cola for us, I know you aren't that horrible of a person.” he winked at me. WOW. They were that annoying, then.
I sighed. “Look, guys, I was going to save him, because I know that there's a possible chance he could be alive, but you have to work by my rules.” I warned.
“What's that?” Poison and Kobra asked.
“First, we'll get him tomorrow night, since it's almost sunup, and I basically wasted a good eight hours on you guys. So, come sunup, we're all going to bed. I said, yawning dramatically.
“As long as you don't go alone, I'm okay with that.” Poison said, Kobra nodded.
“Wait...how do we know you won't sneak off in the day, save him, and then leave?” Ghoul asked. Wow, it was like he was reading my mind.
“You're just going to have to trust me.” I said, shrugging. Yeah, if they did, then I would.
“Nope, I think I'll stay awake and watch you, to make sure you don't run away.” Ghoul said. I sighed. Would this guy ever stop?
“Stalker. You just want to watch me sleep.” I said.
“It's true, you do.” Jet laughed. Ghoul blushed.
“Fine. Fine. You can watch me.” I gave in. I really didn't care if he watched me sleep. I knew I didn't snore, or anything. I just had to watch out for my....
“And we'll all sleep in the science room, like we were planning to.” Poison said. Jet nodded.
“Good. Then, when we get up, and raid the city.” I said.
“Wait...no plan?” Jet asked me.
“Why? You think we really need one?” I asked him. He shrugged.
“We usually try to plan, if we can help it.” He said, a bit gruffly.
“Fine, the plan is, we get in, you get your friend out, you survive.” I said, turning off the radio and lights, to show them they were dismissed.
“Wait....you said you....not.....” Ghoul started. I sighed.
“Did I say that? I meant 'we'.” I lied. They all walked out, except Ghoul.
“I'm still watching you.” Ghoul said. I sighed and pulled out the one sleeping bad I owned, however torn it was, it was like a bed. I turned around, so he wouldn't be able to see my face....and fell asleep.
I had dreams for the first time that night. And not good ones, either. I was thirsty....really....really thirsty. I groaned and tried to run to find food, find something I could drink, anything. I kept running, and then something grabbed my shoulder. I screamed and jolted awake, taking the neck of the person and putting it close to my mouth, being careful not to bite it...just yet.
“WHOA!” wait...I knew that voice.
“Gh.....Ghoul?” I stammered, letting the neck go. Letting...him...go.
“Were you going to.....bite me?” Ghoul asked, rubbing his neck and standing up.
“I had a weird vampire dream.” I said. He laughed and shook his head.
“You were tossing and turning and groaning, so I thought it was a nightmare.” He laughed.
“So, you decided to wake me up? That's nice of you.” I laughed.
“And so you decided to grab my neck?” He asked. I smiled, and nodded, keeping my lips closed.
“Are you really thinking about leaving the room, cuz I need to sleep.” Ghoul yawned.
“I'm not sleeping anymore. I'm going to use the restroom, you can take my bed.” I said, standing up.
“Thanks!” Ghoul smiled, and hopped into bed. I didn't really need the sleep anyway. I grabbed a snack pack out of the fridge and sucked on it while going into the facilities..... When I got out, I threw the pack in the trash and decided to check on the other guys.

(Kobra Kid's POV)
There was something about that girl, Blue Collar Doom. She wasn't like anyone else I knew. She was such a loner. But she was looking for her sister and her cousin, so I kind of got why she thought she only needed her family. I don't know what I would do without Poison.
“Hey, bro...” Poison whispered to me. Jet was fast asleep.
“Yeah?” I asked.
“What is it with the Blue Collar Doom, girl. The last killjoys we helped wanted to join our group forever, but this girl....well....she's just such a loner.” Poison said.
“You like her, don't you.” I asked him, grinning.
“No! Not like that. Though, she has this certain...feel about her. Like she's irresistible. I think that's why Ghoul and Jet are attracted to her. I know part of me “wants” to be, but, Ghoul and Jet are like brothers.... so....” Poison said.
“I get it, dude. You don't have to explain it.” I laughed.
“So, you think she'll stay?” Poison asked me. I shrugged.
“I have no idea. She's a real loner, but maybe that's the way she wants to be until she finds her family.” I said.
“Maybe....” Poison said, thoughtfully.
“Yeah?” I asked.
“Maybe we could help her find her family, and then, maybe she'll stay.” Poison said, eagerly.
“You think we could handle so many people?” I asked, laughing.
“I think that it would be a valuable addition to our team. Killjoys who have been doing our job longer than us....” Poison said.
“I guess. We could probably learn a lot.” I said, smiling. I always had wondered, though, when we would be able to finally end it. End BLI forever. Was it possible?
“Yeah. Well, I'll let you get some sleep.” Poison said, rolling over and falling asleep. I laughed to myself and was closing my eyes when I felt a presence in the room. I looked around, and say Blue walking around the room to the closet. Was she going to hide again? No, Ghoul wouldn't have let her. What was she doing? She grabbed a few bottles, with red and green liquids in them, and walked to the door. She turned and looked at us. When she saw me awake, she paled. She made a dash for the door, but I ran after her. She was running down the hallway, and I followed her. Finally, I caught up with her and grabbed her arm. The bottles were gone, but there were tears in her eyes.
“Wha....?” I said, a little confused. She wiped them away and just grimaced at me. Sitting down, she looked away.
I sat down next to her, still extremely confused.
“Why?” is all I had to asked. She scoffed.
“Why what?” She asked me.
“I....don't know....I'm really confused. Why do you keep sneaking around and running away?” I asked her.
“Because, there are things about my life I like to keep to myself, okay?” She said. I nodded.
“Alright. So....” I looked her over. She was really pretty. It was true. I shook myself inwardly. Jet, remember Jet. “You and Jet....?” I asked.
“Huh? Oh....yeah....well, the truth is, he kissed me, and it lasted no more than a millisecond before you came barging in. Don't yell at him, though. It's not his fault. I know you all like me. It's just something my family have always had. Guys are....well, attracted to us, easily. That's why I usually stay away from them.” she laughed softly.
“I get that....hey....friends?” I asked, holding out my had, almost awkwardly. She laughed and shook it.
“It's nice...to have friends...again.” she said.
“You used to have friends?” I gasped, mockingly. She wrinkled her nose.
“Yeah, actually, I did. But....now it's just my family and I.” She said, with a lot of pain in her voice.
“And now you have to find them? Seems harsh.” I said. She shrugged.
“You gotta do what you gotta do.” She said. She stood up, suddenly. “You're probably hungry, huh?” She asked me.
Just then, my stomach turned in hunger. How did she know? “Yeah.” I said, laughing a little.
“I have some power pup. I'll be back.” She said, running off. I stared after her. She really was a strange girl.

(Blue Collar Doom's POV)
This was it. After I brought Kobra his Power Pup, we talked and laughed, and for the first time in a long time, I had a friend. However, it was over. We were going to the city now, and I was going to find my cousin and sister if I killed me. I had to leave the Fabulous Killjoys. It was going to be sad, I guess, but I bet they wouldn't even miss me. I smiled to myself, grabbing my weapons and pulling out my bike. Party Poison walked up to me, smiling. The sun was basically behind a huge sand dune, and setting the who sky to a dark purple. His red hair was blowing in the dusty breeze, and for a minute there, I saw how he could be such an amazing leader, who everyone wanted to follow. Then he grinned, and I laughed to myself.
“You know, you could ride in the Tras Am with us. I really don't mind, and I don't think anyone else would also.” He said. I smiled at his graciousness.
“That's really nice of you, but I have to have a ride home. There's going to be no room when you get Cherry Cola back.” I said. He smiled and nodded, then he walked away. I pulled my backpack on and saw Ghoul and Jet walk out, Ghoul practically skipping with joy, Jet looking at me and looking away every now and again, but never really making eye contact. Poor thing. It wasn't his fault though. I wish I could tell him that. I smiled sadly and hopped onto my bike, laughing as Ghoul and Kobra were fighting over shotgun....again.....
“FINE! YOU GET IT!” Kobra yelled, and hopped into the back. Jet laughed, and Poison snickered. I guessed I saw how they were all like family, four brothers fighting BLI together...
“Alright, Blue, ready to go?” Ghoul shouted. I nodded and smiled, and we raced toward the city.
When we got there, there were only a few guards holding us back, we crashed through the gates, and kept going, no alarms setting off yet, which was a good start. Then, we ran over to the farthest building, and parked in the shadows. I motioned them to a spot behind one of the cameras and whispered to them, “The ground floor is the where they hold the prisoners. Find Cola, and get out. If I'm not back within five minutes of you getting out, leave me. I have my bike, but this is a rescue mission, alright?”
“We're not leaving without you.” Poison said, determined.
“Please, we don't have time to argue about this, okay?” I said, Poison shook his head, but followed me as we hastened into the building, under cover of the flickering lights. This is the filthy place they kept all the prisoners, when they had some. It wasn't often, but it still happened.
I motioned them to the hallway that led them to the stairs. Poison nodded, but still stood. I rolled my eyes.
“I'm here to back you up. I'm going to mess with the security. Okay?” I asked. He hesitated, then, he nodded. He motioned to the others, and I watched as they disappeared down the corridor. I started to run toward the stairs that led to the building controls. Suddenly the alarm goes off. UGH! Did they not know how to open a cell? Come on! I started running up faster, when I heard heavier steps ahead. I pulled out my gun, and charged them, full on. I wasn't going to die, after all. Then, I rammed into something, and spun around, but two strong hands grabbed my shoulders and turned me around so I was facing away from them. Then, one hand grabbed my hand and yanked my gun out of it. The hand moved up my arm and grabbed my jacket collar pulling it down. My eyes widened. Was it? It couldn't be.
“Friend or foe?” A rough voice asked. It was a guy, and he was breathing a little heavily. I smirked.
“Depends, who are you?” I asked.
“I'm your worst nightmare....” the voice said, in a very batman-like term. My smirk grew wider.
“Why? I don't have nightmares anymore.” I said. I grabbed his arm and flipped him over me, so he was lying down in front of me. Then, he pulled out his gun and shot me in the chest. It felt like flames were burning me, from the inside out. I screamed in pain and clutched my chest, falling to my knees, then looked down at the man who was next to me. He had a black spandex head-covering with hot pink eye sockets. He had on a plain black jacket with red and blue shorts. He was looking at me with wide eyes, also. I coughed up some smoke, as I felt my wound heal. Then I stood up, grabbed his gun and mine, and stood over him, both guns pointed at him.
“You can't kill me.” I said. Then, he laughed. I started a little.
“Ha! You had me goin there, for a bit, Selly.” He laughed. Selly? That was my nickname that....
“Gregory?!?!” I gasped. Even through the alarms were going off, and I knew that if we didn't hurry, we could all die, I didn't care, because I finally found my cousin.
“Yep. That's me.” He said, laughing and taking his mask off. Of course he had those eyes that glimmered in the florescents Blue today. I grinned, as I looked at his black hair, curling at the tips and falling out of place. I had the urge to pet his hair back to it's original state, like I did when we were younger.
“I.....finally found you!” I yelled in triumph and grasped him into one of the biggest hugs I had given for years.
He laughed. “You were looking for me all this time? That was nice of you.” I shook my head and laughed a little, tears at the corners of my eyes, threatening to drop. I sniffed and grinned.
“Aww, what a wonderful exchange, family finding each other again. You were like the three musketeers.” I heard a deep, menacing voice behind us. I turned around to see the most horrible person on this earth. He was exactly the last person I wanted to see today. I handed Gregory his gun.
“Ah, Gregory, you've been alone all these years. That must be sad.” The man said.
“Well, I'm not called Radio Solus for nothing.” Gregory said. Radio Solus, huh?
“And look, it's Selene, why, you haven't changed a bit.” the man smirked.
“Wipe that grin off your face, Korse, and it's Blue Collar Doom, to you.” I said. I saw Greg...I mean Radio look at me and smirk before getting into a battle position. We knew we were outnumbered, but we were going to fight. We couldn't be killed by gunshots. Wounded to the point of excruciating pain, but not killed.
“Men....” Korse said, and all the Draculiods behind him lifted up not ray guns, but stakes and swords. Yep, he was prepared. However, we were the ones with the advantage. I looked at Radio Solus, if so for the last time.
“It's great to have found you again.” I said. He nodded and grinned.
“It's great to have found you too.” He said, then we both looked at the onslaught of enemies, and even though my sister wasn't here, I felt she was with me the whole time. With that, we ran into battle. We fought, and with our extra strength, we took out ten dracs, but they just kept coming. I shot a drac, then turned around to find Korse standing there, with a stake. He grabbed my shoulder and threw me against a wall. I gasped, as I had a little wind knocked out of me. He kept me pinned, and drew his arm back to stab me.
“No!” a familiar voice screamed. Korse jumped away and another burning shot hit me in the stomach. I keeled over, and blacked out.

(Party Poison's POV)

We were back at the school and the boy who called himself Radio Solus wouldn't leave her side except to get coffee. We tried asking him questions, but he wouldn't talk to us, except to tell us not to go near her. We had found Cherry, and Jet was watching after him in another classroom. After a couple hours, though, Blue stumbled out of her room, muttering something.
“Are you okay?” Radio asked, grabbing her elbow as she stumbled again. She grinned and gave him a huge hug.
“I am, now.” She said. He chuckled softly.
“I'm glad to see you're okay, Blue.” I said, walking up to her. She smiled up at me.
“Thanks, Poison. I guess you've met my cousin, Radio?” She said.
I laughed. “I figured. Nice to have finally met you.” Radio nodded.
“You too.” He said, then gave Blue a meaningful look. “We should talk.” he told her. She looked up at him, curiously for a second, then nodded.
“I'll be back, okay, Poison?” She asked. I nodded and smiled. Then I turned to see Ghoul pacing behind me.
“What is it?” I asked him.
“She should have died.” Ghoul said, shaking his head while pacing. I gasped a little at the cruel comment.
“That's hardly a thing to say about a girl who risked her life for us.” I said. Ghoul looked at me and his eyes widened. Then he shook his head, pleadingly.
“No! No! I meant, that wound, it should have killed her.” He said.
“Did it reach her heart?” I asked.
“Yeah, I checked the burn mark on her clothes when I was carrying her out. I honestly thought she WAS dead, until I felt her breathing. Then Radio took her from me and held her the rest of the way back....” Ghoul said.
I shook my head, confused. “Then how is she alive?” I asked.
“You wouldn't believe me if I told you what I thought.” Ghoul said, smirking to himself.
“Suuuuure I wouldn't.” I said, sarcastically.
“Really, Poison, you wouldn't.” Ghoul shook his head.
I groaned and grabbed his shoulders, making him face me.
“What do you think it is!?!” I cried. Ghoul shrugged.
“Fine, I think she's a vampire, and probably Radio as well. Maybe even her sister.” He said.
“A va.....are you serious???” I asked, in disbelief. Ghoul shrugged again.
“Told you you wouldn’t believe me.” Ghoul stuck out his tongue at me. “I don't know how it happened, and she's been out in the sunlight, obviously, but that wound didn't kill her, and did you notice the dracs? They had swords and stakes instead of guns. Isn't that suspicious?” Ghoul asked.
“True, it is.” I said, contemplating it.
“And, I mean, how come she's so irresistible? It's got to be those vampiric looks!” Ghoul said. I laughed.
“Or it's just you.” I said. Ghoul wrinkled his nose.
“Noooooo. It's not.” He said. Jet walked in.
“What are you two arguing about, now?” He said, sighing.
I laughed. “Ghoul here thinks that Blue and Radio are vampires.” I said.
“Oh really?” Jet looked at Ghoul, raising an eyebrow. “It would explain a lot, but it's a little far-fetched.” Jet said. I stared at him.
“Wait....you believe him?!?!” I asked, incredulous.
“Yeah, I mean, the dracs had steaks, and swords. She likes to sleep in the day, she works at night....Still, though, I thought vamps are a myth.”
“What about vamps?” Kobra asked.
“Wait, aren't you supposed to watch Cherry?” Jet asked.
“He's asleep, and he looks fine.” Kobra said.
“Says the boy who put a fork in a toaster.” I said. Kobra blushed.
“HEY! That was only once.” He said.
“So? You still did that.” Ghoul laughed.
“So....vampires?” Kobra asked, ignoring Ghoul.
“Ghoul thinks Blue and Radio are vampires.” I said.
“Really? Man, that would be awesome. Explains the lonerishness, aslo.” Kobra said.
“Come on! Everyone thinks this is valid except for me!” I said.
“Well, kinda, I mean, they have been giving signs ever since we met them.” Jet said.
“Yeah, you have to admit, what else could it be, bro?” Kobra said, shrugging.
“Fine! Fine! But how do you think they became vampires, hmm?” I asked.
“Torture and experimentation.” Blue said, softly behind us. We all spun around, and stared at her. For the first time, all her walls were down. She looked so abject, that my first instinct was to go over and comfort her, but I looked up and saw Radio looking at her warily, and us with suspicion.
“What do you mean?” Kobra asked.
“Well, we....my sister, Radio, and I, were all captured by an underground agency long ago, in the late 1800's, I think. Anyway, they started experimenting on all of us. They tortured us when we complained, so we had to stay quiet. Finally, they released us. We were...different, though. We were in there for decades, but we never aged. We had thirst, and not for human food....but blood. It was crazy. I knew for me, at least. I couldn't control my instincts anymore. I was crazy....then....well, Radio and my sister, we all stayed together, after that. We helped each other control our hungers, and then....well, we tried to fight the people who had made us.
“Who were to people who made you?” I asked, horror-struck.
“Better Life Industries. We were just one of the many experiments that they made to see if they could become immortal.” Radio said. Blue nodded.
“So...you really are vampires, huh?” Ghoul said.
“Yep.” Radio said.
“That's.....REALLY AWESOME!” Ghoul cried. Jet and Kobra laughed, but I watched Blue. She looked up at Radio, who was shaking his head. Blue shook her head, also, and smirked.
“Well, I guess.” She said. Kobra, Ghoul, Jet and I all laughed.
“I want to thank you for helping my cousin and I re-unite.” Radio said. We all nodded.
“It's no problem. We've got Cherry Cola, and our files, so we're good.” I said, smiling.
“That's nice, so I guess you'll be on your way, then?” Radio asked.
“Why does everyone think we leave after we get what we want?” Ghoul asked, earnestly.
“Well, 'cuz we usually do.” Jet said.
“We don't want to leave, though.” Ghoul said. Then looked at the rest of the Fabulous Killjoys, “Do we?”
“I think that you two would be a valuable part of our team.” I said.
“Thanks, but we don't usually work well with other people.” Radio said.
“Radio....they helped us, if they want to stay, they can.” Blue said. Radio sighed.
“Fine, do what you want. I'm going to go make more coffee.” He said. He wasn't angry, just exasperated.
“What's with him?” Kobra asked.
“It might be surprising, but he's more of a loner than I am.” Blue smiled.

(Kobra Kid's POV)
“So, you guys want to pick out your own rooms? I know it's a school and all, but there's plenty of room, so if you want to, you have have room but mine.” She said, smiling. Wow, after her secret was out, she was so much more...well, sweet.
“Hey, Kobra, I wanted to talk to you...” She said, as I was about to follow Ghoul, Jet, and Poison to explore the school.
“....sure.” I said, a little cautiously. She look my hand and pulled me outside, and around the corner of the school, where there was a bench, barely standing, but still together. She sat me down next to her, and then looked up at me, with wide, thankful eyes.
“You saved me life.” She said, simply but softly. I blushed as I remember what happened. I had seen Korse grab her and try to stake her. I ran, and shot at him, but he saw me and ducked out of the way, leaving Blue to be wounded by my shot. I shuddered as I remembered how she fell to the floor, holding her stomach, and then, not getting up again. I had honestly thought she was dead. Then Ghoul picked her up, and I realized that we had driven the Dracs and Korse back for the time being. We ran to the car, and Radio took Blue, and held her the rest of the way home.
“How is it that I didn't kill you?” I asked.
“Getting hit by guns can hurt, a lot, but eventually, we heal. If we're ever decapitated, staked, or caught in the sun....well.” She made a motion under her neck, and I nodded.
“I get it....I get it...Please....don't talk about it anymore?” I asked.
“Oh....kay....?” She said, a little confused.
“Look, I know you're....I.....Well, I'm just glad you're okay.” I said, finally.
“Thanks.” She smiled at me. We both sat there for a few minutes, not talking, just enjoying silence together.
“BLUE!!!! CAN I HAVE THE ROOM NEXT TO YOURS!??!” We heard Ghoul call from inside the school. Blue rolled her eyes and smiled.
“YOU MEAN THE ONE I FOUND THREE DEAD BIRDS IN???” She yelled back, with an evil grin.
“WHAT!?!?” Ghoul yelled.
“Just saying.” Blue giggled.
“That's just gross.” I said, wrinkling my nose.
“Well, it will keep him away from my room.” She said, winking, and standing up.
“You know, you can be so....” I started.
“So...what?” She asked me, grinning widely.
“So....contradictory...” I said, my breath taken away.
She laughed, a hearty, happy laugh. “For the first time, Kobra, I feel free. Free of fear and hate. I don't know how long this....buzz....will laugh, but I want to enjoy it while I can.” She said, her smile fading a little, then she turned to the school.
“Wait!” I said, desperately, not wanting to leave her thinking I stole her buzz.
“Yes?” She asked, expectantly. I placed my hand on her shoulder.
“I.....I'm glad you're happy. You can always trust me....you know that?” I asked her.
Her eyes widened, and she gave me one of the sweetest smiles I thought I had seen in a long while.
“Yeah, Kobra. I know that....you're my new best friend.” She smiled. My heart almost burst.
“Thank you. You.....you are too.” I said. Then, she did something unexpected. She pulled me into a huge hug. I hugged her back, tightly.
“Kobra?” She said, her voice soft.
“Yeah?” I asked.
“This is really nice.....we should do this more often.” She said. I laughed.
“You mean hug?” I asked.
“Yes.” She laughed back. Then she let go, and ran back to the school, leaving me starstruck.
(Blue Collar Doom)
I walked into the school, immeasurably happy. Kobra had really made my day, and I couldn't have smiled wider. He was such an amazing guy. I walked into the kitchen, when I stopped short. There was Radio. He was glaring at Party, who was making a sandwich.
I backed up, so I didn't interrupt them.
“Look, I know you saved our lives and all, but really, you don't have to stay.” Radio said, slowly.
“It's okay. We want to.” Party said, smiling up at him.
I saw Radio smirk. Uh oh. “What I meant is, I don't think you should stay.” he said, wit a little menace. Not much, but a little.
“Why is that?” Poison said, stepping up to him. Radio was about his size, so they stood face to face.
“It's not safe for any of you. Blue is...well....” Radio hesitated.
“No, go on.” Poison said, which is exactly what I was thinking. What did he mean about me? He couldn't mean that he didn't think I could handle a life around humans.
“Blue had the hardest time controlling herself out of all of us. With her sister, she was just fine, and the three of us could have been around any person, and be just fine....but without her sister.....I worry for her, Poison. I don't think you guys will be safe. I came to you, because you're the leader, also you're loyal to your team. I appreciate that. If you were really loyal, though, you'll leave.” Radio said. I felt like a steak was going through my heart. I pressed my back to the wall and slid down it, wrapping my hands around my knees. I put my head down on my legs, and listened.
“I....Radio....I appreciate what you are trying to do for us, but I couldn't just....leave. You know how close Jet and Ghoul want to get to Blue? Did you see how my brother even looked at her? Even if one of them gets her....”
“Then what? You're going to let them take the risk that she couldn't control herself?” Radio said, darkly. Poison paused. I felt tears coming to my eyes. I was NOT looking for a relationship, and I didn't want to hurt anybody.
“Poison....think about this....” Radio said, slowly.
“I am.....” Poison said, quietly. Oh no. He had convinced him.
“It's for the best. I can watch over Blue, and keep her safe, and you have to watch over your family, and keep them safe.”
“I know...” Poison said. I heard footsteps come toward the door. I pulled myself into a corner, where he wouldn't see me, as he left. Then I heard the footsteps stop. “What are you going to tell Blue, when or if we leave?” Poison asked.
“That it was for the best, I suppose.” Radio said. I looked around the corner to see Poison shake his head.
“There was a time where I was.....anyway, I know that doesn't work. You'll hurt her, Radio.” Poison said.
“It will be for the best. She'll forgive me, eventually.” Radio said.
“No, what I mean is....I can't let you hurt her, Radio. She just as much part of our family now, as yours. I see that now. You want to keep your family solitary, and I respect that. I really do, but Blue is part of the Fabulous Killjoys, now, whether you like it or not.” Poison said. I felt tears come to my eyes. My first tears of happiness I had felt in a long time.
“Poison, what about the risk?” Radio asked. I looked to see his fists clenching a little. I really didn't want him to hurt Poison, and I was going to stop him, if I had to.
“You risked things to keep your family safe, as you are now, and I am, too. I trust Blue. She helped us, even when she didn't have to. I will stand by her, till the end, just like a brother. I hope you will, also.” Poison said, turning around. Radio just stood there, in a sort of shock, and I could tell why. Poison had craftily flipped the conversation around to where he was testing Radio's loyalty, instead of vice versa. Poison walked away, and Radio shook his head. I stood up and pretended I was just walking around the corner.
I put my hands in my pockets, and looked at Radio, who was studying my face.
“Looks like everyone is settled in.” I said.
“Yeah, looks like.” He said, acting as if nothing had just happened. I walked up to him and pulled him in for another huge hug.
“Look, Radio. You're my cousin. You're still my first when it comes to family, at the moment. If Mery were here......Well, that would make it all the better. You two would be my first, and you always will be. I love you two to death, don't forget that. If I had to make a choice, it would be you, okay?” I told him. He grunted and nodded. I grinned. He was never one for the mushy talks, but I knew he got my point, and that he cared for me, also. “We'll find Mery, Radio, we'll find her, and be a family again. I promise.” I said, and I pet his head, as I used to do when we were younger. He smiled and pet my head back, and we laughed.
“Uh....guys?” Jet said, walking up to us, with wide eyes.
“Yeah, Jet?” I asked.
“Someone's....coming here....and fast...” he said, worriedly.
Radio and I looked at each other, curiously, and ran to the window. When we saw what was coming. We both gasped.
“It....can't be....” Radio said, quietly.
Sign up to rate and review this story