Categories > Comics > Spider-Man > Spider-man: True Love Conquers All

Chapter 2

by suicidecrusader 0 reviews

Category: Spider-Man - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Peter Parker - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-01-23 - Updated: 2012-01-24 - 1173 words - Complete

0Unrated
Discliamer: I do not own Marvel or any of their characters.

Morlun lit candles and torches around the room preparing for the up coming fight. Mary Jane was chained to a wall glaring at her former guide. "So you did all this just eat my husband?" Mary Jane snapped.
"No it was to beat him at full power." Morlun finished lighting the last candle and turned to the woman. "Your husband overpowered me the moment he heard you scream. He merely caught me by surprise. I wish to have a rematch and when I eat him I will absorb that power sedating my hunger, and increase my own power where I will never be beaten again."
"You think you can beat the power that destroyed Mephisto?" Mary Jane called taunting the vampire.
Morlun quickly grabbed Mary Jane's face glaring into her eyes, "I am not Mephisto. His weakness is not mine. I will beat your husband this time, I will eat him, and I will absorb his power."
Morlun quickly released his captive and went back to work as Mary Jane began to struggle for her freedom.
*
Peter entered the tavern using his spider-sense to help him find the hidden passage. The reporter entered the Long Room and looked around trying to find the passage. He remembered his encounter with Morlun. How no matter what he did Morlun kept coming after him. The vampire released the gas of a stove and lit a match just to barbeque him. Peter was sure he would have died if Ezekiel hadn't showed up to help him fight. He thought Morlun was finished when he was shot by his servant.
After finding the passage Peter quickly entered and changed getting ready for his rematch. Spiderman entered the underground cavern finding a room full of candles and Morlun in the center. Behind the vampire was MJ chained to a wall and gagged. "Let her go she has nothing to do with this!" Spiderman yelled in anger.
Morlun smiled cruelly and replied, "Oh but I am afraid she does. She has everything to do with this. She is a major key player in all of this. In fact she may be the reason you defeated me a second time."
"What are you talking about this is our second encounter?" Spiderman asked completely confused.
"Yes I doubt you would remember that encounter. The encounter where you over powered me. A feat no one has ever been able to perform. I am here for that power." Morlun called his face dark and cruel. The immortal produced a green vial from his jacket. "Drink this and everything will become clear. This potion will give you back the life you dream about."
"Why should I believe a word the come out of your mouth?" Spider-man snapped viciously.
"You shouldn't. But know this, if you don't I'll kill Mary Jane here. And trust me when I say I have grown quite fond of her." Morlun paused lightly petting MJ's red hair. "Killing her would be quite unpleasant. Now drink the vial."
Spider-man waited for a minute than shot out his web line taking the vial from his enemy. Slowly the web-slinger lightly pulled his mask above his nose. Giving MJ and Morlun a final look Spider-man quickly downed the the green liquid. After a second Spider-man grabbed his head and fell to his knees in agony. Memories of his previous life flooded into his mind. The unmasking, beating up Wilson Fisk, the wedding and the honeymoon that followed. The last image was of Morlun attacking his wife in a hospital where he laid dying. Slowly Spiderman stood pulling his mask back down over his jaw. "I...I remember everything. So what now?" He asked with ice in his voice.
"You know the answer to that. I'm hungry and your power should fuel me for a very long time." Morlun answered licking his lips.
With that said Spider-man charged forward as Morlun shot his fist forward knocking Spider-man in the stomach forcing him back. Morlun slowly walked forward backhanding his quarry into a wall. Spider-man stood up striking Morlun across the jaw before leaping behind his quarry and kneeing him in the back forcing him into a wall. The hero locked his hands together before dropping them on his adversary burying him. Spider-man turned to free Mary Jane when he heard Morlun slowly stand. Morlun dusted his suit off and said. "No no no. This isn't right. Your strength hasn't increased at all." Rubbing his jaw in deep though he continued. "What is different now and then?" Spider-man charged attempting to take advantage of the opening. A smile appeared on Morlun's face as he merely swat the hero away as if he was a fly. "Now I know what is missing." Morlun approached Mary Jane and began to squeeze the life out of her.
Spider-man shook the dizziness he was feeling and saw his wife slowly turn blue as Morlun slowly suffocated her. The hero's eyes widened as he saw he was losing the love of his life a second time around. "Let go of her!" Spider-man shouted leaping at his foe. Morlun smiled as he backhanded the hero toward a wall. Spider-man using his acrobatic ability twisted his body around leaping off the wall and into Morlun causing the vampire to break MJ's right chain freeing her arm. Spider-man started smashing Morlun's face in with each hit not letting up for a second.
Morlun caught the heroes fist and threw his adversary to the left. The vampire stood up spitting the blood from his mouth as his face was covered in bruises. "Now that is the power I wanted to see." Spider-man and Morlun charged each other exchanging blows neither feeling the strain of the other. Morlun shot his fist upward knocking the hero back before clasping his fists at his adversaries head. Spider-man blocked the attack as he slammed his forehead into Morlun's nose breaking it on contact. The hero rushed forward forcing his adversary against the wall unleashing punch after punch. Quickly Morlun dropped his arms down on the hero stopping his assault. The vampire grabbed the hero thrusting his knee into Spider-man's stomach before throwing him into a cave wall. Spider-man fell to the ground bruised and broke as Morlun stomped on the hero ensuring his victory. "Now your life force and power belong to me." Morlun said triumphantly glaring at the fallen warrior. Suddenly Morlun felt a sharp pain in his stomach. Looking down he saw the sword he had given to Mary Jane. Slowly turning around Morlun's eyes widened as he found Mary Jane free from her shackles. Morlun turned to Spider-man then back to Mary Jane before turning to dust with smile on his face.
Mary Jane ran to the fallen hero, "Peter! Peter wake up!"
Peter slowly opened his eyes and said, "Mary Jane will you marry me?"
MJ laughed lightly and replied, "Yes I will marry you."


So did Marvel make a mistake rejecting this story?
Sign up to rate and review this story