Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It Sure As Hell Ain't Just For The Fame

It Sure As Hell Ain't Just For The Fame

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 4 reviews

Story you auditioned for. Gerard is forced to try out for a talent show and ends up falling for the competition...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-02-03 - Updated: 2012-02-04 - 966 words

2Original
The day that changed the two music loving teenager`s lives was a Saturday in the middle of summer, usually spent either hanging out with friends or listening music. It was a surprisingly pleasant day in Bellville, New Jersey, aka the grimiest place on Earth, where parents were afraid to let their kids play outside. The sun was shining brightly in the centre of an almost cloudless bright blue sky and all of the little birds were tweeting merrily. A very nice day as nice days goes, I suppose. a few bleach blonde girls with way too much makeup on and not enough clothing, were sprawled across their lawns, basking in the warmth and the summery scent of a nearby barbecue was wafting in through an open window in the Way`s three bedroom, semi detached house. Everyone was having the time of their lives, enjoying themselves, all apart from one raven aired teenager who was lying face down on his untidy, comic book covered bed.
That miserable raven haired teenager was none other than Gerard Way.
“Hey Gee, are you up yet?” a hesitant knock at the poster covered door leading to the basement that served as the eldest Way brothers bedroom startles Gerard, bring him back to reality with a cruel thud.
The door opens inwards to reveal a light brown haired, tall and almost scarily skinny boy. He was dressed in his signature Anthrax tee shirt that was slightly baggy on him due to his size, a pair of dark blue jeans and muddy red converse with ratty laces.
The older boy groans and slowly sits up, ruffling his already tangled ebony hair, making it stand on end. “Hey Mikes.” He forces a smile at his younger brother and gets to his bare feet slowly, almost as though the room was spinning.
“Oh God…”Gerard groans and clutches his pale, bare stomach with his equally pale hands, retching. “I`m gonna be sick!”
“No, no you`re not.” Mikey tells him, pushing his older, supposedly mature brother back down onto the bed so that he was sitting with his feet dangling over the edge.
“It`s just nerves.” Gerard nods. Just nerves, just nerves. “You are going to be fine. Actually, no.” the younger boy corrects himself. “You are going to do better than fine, you are going to be fucking amazing, Gee.” he smiles proudly down at him. “I know it.”
For those of you not in the know, today, Saturday the thirteenth of August was the day that Gerard was going to audition (albeit reluctantly) for the chance to be in a talent show. The show, Aftermath, was a five year old programme that had viewers from all over the country, and people travelled for miles and miles just to audition for it. It had turned out a fair few stars in its short well received run, including the alt rock band “Death Or Victory” and the dance group “Do or Die”.
“Mom says that you had better get something to eat before you get ready. And we are leaving in just over an hour.” Mikey tells Gerard, flashing him a supportive grin before exiting the gothic basement that his brother was rarely seen out off.
“Oh!” a pale handsome face pokes through the door again. “And I`ll do you hair and makeup for you, as long as you let me pick out your clothes as well!” Mikey was a right girl when it some to things like hair and fashion. In fact the Anthrax loving boy was worse than one.
“Alright.” Gerard agrees half heartedly, not really having a huge problem with his brother proposition. He sucked at picking out clothes and he was never able to get his tangled, raven hair to do what he wanted. And despite not really wanting to go to the auditions his brother and best friend had forced him into; he wanted to at least look halfway human.

The drive to the large concert hall where the auditions were taking place was agonising for the pale skinned, dark haired teen. Not even Iron Maiden was able to block out his brother and best friend`s excited squeals.
“You should let Mikey do your hair and makeup more often Gee Gee.” The silvery blue eyed, wild haired Benjamine, or Benn as she insisted on being called comments, unpicking a two fizzy, sugar coated jellied sweets from each other, eyes narrowed with deep concentration. She pops a red one into her mouth, and hands the other to Mikey who accepts it gratefully. Gerard was too nervous to eat, his toned stomach doing all kinds of acrobatic flips and twists. Forget butterflies, they were pretty, innocent little creatures; these were more like bloodthirsty, rabid demon wasps.
“That`s what I keep telling him.” Mikey sighs overdramatically and she giggles.
“I’m glad you two are enjoying yourselves.” Gerard spits, not meaning for his voice to sound even half as nasty as it did. “I am having fucking kittens here.” Fucking giant rabid kittens, with razor sharp claws and a craving for human flesh and suffering.
“Language Gerard.” his and Mikey`s overprotective, health freak of a mother scolds from the driver`s seat.
“Oh my Bloody God!” Mikey squeal very girlishly, casing Benn and Gerard to clutch at their ears protectively.
“We`re here!”
so there is the first chapter of my new talent show story. I hope that you like it and I know that it is kinda boring right now, but it will (hopfully) get better soon. If anyone was intrested there is still a few audition spaces left. Here is a link to the page http://www.ficwad.com/story/181837
Please let me know what you think of the story so far. xoxodakota
Sign up to rate and review this story