Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Orphan Re-Write

Frank and Gerard sat outside Doctor Brownings office, waiting for Jasmine to finally come out. They both stood up when the door swung open and Jasmine walked outside slowly. She turned back and smiled sweetly Doctor Browning "It was nice talking to you. I hope we can be friends."

Doctor Browning smiled back at her "I'd like that. Now I was wondering if I could have a word with your parents..."

Jasmine nodded and let Frank and Gerard edge past her into Doctor Browning's office. She took a seat and waited.

Frank and Gerard sat opposite Doctor Browning on a large, squishy, cream-coloured sofa. "Well I can tell that there's no problem deeply routed into Jasmine's past." Doctor Browning said slowly.

They both thought about this before Frank asked "So there's nothing wrong with her?"

"Not really." Doctor Browning replied "What I think needs to be examined is her relationship with those around her at home... Specifically with you Frank." Frank was stunned "Jasmine feels like she's trying so hard to open up to you but you're... Blocking her attempts to bond."

"That's not true!" Frank told her "That's not true at all. I have done everything I can to try and bond with Jasmine. Haven't I?" Frank asked his husband.

Gerard looked at him then shrugged his shoulders helplessly "Just let her finish."

"Jasmine's a very shy, sensitive little girl who really needs-"

As Doctor Browning went on and on, the very shy and sensitive little girl got up from her seat and went to find the bathrooms. Once she found them she ran inside and locked herself in a cubicle. She didn't need to use the bathroom. Instead, she just sat down on the floor with her back on one of the walls of the cubicle.

"She doesn't know..." Jasmine muttered under her breath "She's so stupid." As she said the word stupid, she kicked the opposite wall extremely hard.

Thoughts started clouding her mind and she just wanted to get rid of them. She screamed, stood up and went crazy. Jasmine started kicking and punching nothing in particular. Sometimes she'd just hit the air, other times she'd hit the walls or door. She kicked the toilet roll dispenser and broke it but she wouldn't shut up. Jasmine went on shrieking and attacking nothing in particular for a while before she thought it would be wise to return to her seat in the waiting room.



When they got home, Jasmine leaped out the car and ran straight into the house. Gerard and Frank sat there for a moment before Frank whispered sarcastically "Thanks for your support back there."

"That was your idea," Gerard reminded him "Not mine."

Frank's phone started ringing as he got out the car. Gerard got out the other side and walked round the side of the car "Frank!" He looked his husband right in the eyes "I'm no therapist but a lot of what she said made perfect sense." He started walking to the house "You wanna get that?"

Frank rolled his eyes and glared at Gerards back before answering his phone "Hello?"

"Umm hello, is this Mr.Way?"

"Yes, it is. Who's this?"

"Oh I'm Sister Abigail. I was just calling to ask... Did Sister Alice make it to her appointment with you?"

"... Yeah, she did. Why?"

"It's just, she hasn't returned since yesterday. And I'm starting to get really worried."



The police came round to Gerard and Frank's house straightaway to do some investigating. It didn't take them long to find Sister Alice's body. Afterall, two little girls couldn't be very imaginative when it came to hiding dead bodies, could they?

Up at the house Gerard and Frank were interview about everything that had happened that day. Jasmine stood at the top of the stairs listening. She had to know who their suspects were. Luckily, when the officers went to leave, Frank stood up and asked "So do you have any suspects?"

"No, not yet." The officer replied causing Jasmine to sigh a big sigh of relief.

"It's just so crazy..." Gerard muttered "Who would do something like this?"

"We'll be sure to look into it." The office re-assured them "Thank you for your time."

"It was no problem."



The next day, Jasmine was supposed to go to the dentist so Frank took Jude and Cameron to school without Jasmine. When he pulled up outside the school, he stopped Jude from getting out the car and asked "How are you two getting along with Jasmine?"

There was silence before Jude replied quietly "Fine I guess."

"She doesn't make you feel uncomfortable?" Frank persisted "I mean, you've never seen her doing anything she's not supposed to do?"

Jude shook his head "Nope."

Frank looked at Cameron who shook her head too. "You sure?" Frank asked and signed.

Cameron nodded and tried to smile. On the inside, she was still scared. She couldn't stop thinking about Jasmine holding that gun to her head. And Jude couldn't stop thinking about Jasmine holding the knife to his throat.



Back at home, Gerard walked up the stairs and into Jasmine's room "Jasmine?" He stepped closer into the room. Was Jasmine even in here? "Jasmine, come on, we've gotta go to the dentists..." He walked over to the bed "Jasmine?"

It didn't look like she was in there. He was about to leave when Jasmine yelled "BOO!" And leaped up from under the duvet.

Gerard laughed and sat down next to her "Okay, you got me!"

They looked at each other for a moment before Jasmine said "I don't want to go to the dentist."

"Why not?"

"I just don't want to go."

"Why? You scared?"

"Nope. I just don't wanna go."

Gerard smiled at her and thought about it "Alright fine. But we're re-schedueling." Jasmine grinned "Infact, I'll even let you have this morning off school so you can come downstairs with me and draw."

Jasmine took Gerard's hand and they went downstairs into his art room. After about half-an-hour of painting, Jasmine said "I like it when it's just the two of us. You don't know how long I've waited for a Daddy just like you."

"Frankie's doing a good job too, right?"

Jasmine frowned "I don't think he likes me very much."

"What are you talking about?" Gerard asked, turning away from his drawing to look at her "Frankie loves you so much."

"It's okay." Jasmine interupted "It must be hard to love an adopted child as much as your own."

"Sweetie, you're just as much a part of this family as Cameron or Jude." Gerard told her "I think Frankie's feeling a little stressed recently. Maybe you should do something nice for him?"

Jasmine smiled "That's an excellent idea."



The same night, Frank was in the kitchen putting away the clean dishes when Jasmine strolled into the kitchen with her arms behind her back "I've got a special surprise for you Daddy!"

Frank turned and looked at her then smiled "You do?" Jasmine nodded eagerly and Frank's smile increased.

Jasmine extended her arms out in front of her, holding Frank's 'gift' in them "I picked these flowers just for you." In her hands, she was holding a bunch of white roses. But not just an ordinary bunch of white roses. Jasmine had cut all the flowers from Jessica's plant.
Sign up to rate and review this story