Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Path of the Mystics

Chapter 2

by Cisefice78 0 reviews

Taken at a young age by the ancient Elven magus Faeron, Harold "Harry" James Potter was raised away from mortal England in Celdrasyl, the last bastion of Old Knowledge..And the last Kingdom of Old ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2012-02-09 - Updated: 2012-02-09 - 2923 words

5Original
Harry Potter and the Path of the Mystics

Chapter 2

Disclaimer: Sod off and read the first chapter.

All was quiet in the Elven forest of Cale'ma, except for the giggles of children playing in it. One such child was a thin boned human child; he poked his head out from under the roots of one of the ancient trees. His shoulder length messy raven hair shaking from side to side as he looked around for his pursuer. Slipping out from the roots, he adjusted his dark green robes as he suddenly sprinted away from the tree at a speed any normal human couldn't gain, looking behind himself he yelped in fear as a tall Elvish man in earthy brown robes was sprinting behind him with a small Satyr boy running behind him with a guilt look on his face. "Archy! You traitor!" Archemus flinched, glaring at the human. "Hey! Give me a break Harry; he's scary when he wants to be!"

The tall man grinned wickedly, charging faster. Harry looked around wildly, his bright green eyes shining as he tried to come up with a plan. He grinned as he saw a group of vines dangling from one tree, as he sprinted past him he called out. "Al'ma Ca'r!" 'Grab him' in the Elvish language. The man's eyes widen as the vines launched out grabbing the man by the waist. The old man grunted being pulled back on to his ancient and all-powerful rear.

Grumbling softly he hissed out "Release." Once more in Elfish, the vines weakened and returned to their hanging, ignorant of the outside world. "Got ya Grandfather!" Harry Potter ran up to the Elven man, coming barely up to his waist. Faeron looked down at Harry with a fond smile. "Indeed you did, Harry. Caught me by surprise, my age must be catching up with me." Archy snickered softly for a moment before Harry grabbed him by his horn, pulling him in with a glare. "Archy, you spineless bastard!"

Archy winced, nearly being tipped over with the grip on his near stub of a horn. "Come on Harry! I'm sorry!" Harry rolled his eyes, 'Last time I trust him when we play hide'n'seek.' The young boy pushed the Satyr away from him with a grumble, Faeron smiled stroking his black beard. "Now, that's enough of that. Come Harry, your Hogwarts letter arrived." Harry's gorgeous green eyes which sent even the elven women's hearts beating suddenly shined brighter, taking on a slight glow to them as he rushed off toward a giant tree city standing behind Faeron.

"Well…At least he's excited." Archy nodding in agreement chasing after his friend, Faeron laughed lightly. "To be young again." He shook his head, disappearing with a pop. He wondered if Harry forgot how to Apparate when excited or if he just felt like running. Either way the boy is getting fit, puberty will be good to him. Faeron grinned widely as he stepped past his fellow elves toward his home, bowing his head in greeting to the Fae and other magical creatures that greet him.

This was Celdrasyl, last of the pagan hide-aways in the Magical World. Hidden within it were the Fae folk. Elves, Faeries, Gnomes. The Dwarven Kin and other Mythological creatures.

The last three Minotaur lived there, along with three Veela colonies. The last two Satyr clans also claimed the place as home, the beautiful city and its lands were hidden well by the last power of Albion. Hidden with in its ancient hills under the guise of chalk drawings and circles of stone as its gates, it's from this place that the last reaches of Ancient magic live and where it shall forever live. Within its boundaries lived many human pagan societies, the few who managed to enter its lands with pure intent, Covens of witches and Sorcerers Circles lived in its ancient forests. It's said that Merlin himself came here after his so called 'death', it amused Faeron to no end that the humans so willing accepted that the most powerful of their magus' just…died, they of little faith it seems.

Finally reaching his and Harry's home, he noted with amusement that Arielle, a young Elven maiden. Had joined Harry inside the simple home, grabbing an ornate pipe from his robes he carefully lit the pipe weed inside it with a small fire on his finger. Shaking his hand to rid himself of the fire he entered the home to Harry bouncing excitedly on the heels of his feet as he stroked a snowy white hawk he had named Hedwig, it was gift from his adopted Grandfather on his sixth birthday. "Grandfather! You're just in time!"

Faeron laughed lightly, nodding to Arielle as he puffed his pipe lightly. Releasing little rings of smoke, settling in his chair he opened the letter, pulling out the parchment. "Lord Faeron, what does it say?" Arielle asked, looking as excited as Harry. Faeron rolled his eyes, try as he might. He can't get the damned girl to stop referring to him as 'Lord' He hadn't been a Lord in well over five thousand years! Honestly, it's merely cosmetic. As if anyone cared about being 'Lord of the Emerald Isle' In this day and age, even more so with Ireland not even being considered part of magical Albion at this point.

Puffing his pipe, he unfolded the letter. Enjoying the looks on their faces as he tried to take as much time as possible with the opening. "Damn it just read it!" Faeron laughed heartily at Harry's outburst, leveling a half-hearted stern look at him. He took a deep breath as he began to read:

Mr. Harold Potter

The Third Home on the High Spire

High Spire

Celdrasyl, Albion

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours Sincerely,

Minervra McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress.

At this point Arielle and Harry with dancing with Archy excitedly, chanting 'Harry's going to Hogwarts' over and over. Shaking his head in amusement, Faeron stood summoning his staff silently as he went off to the Library to collect the needed books. "Harold! You're not excused from your training just because of this!" The dancing stopped abruptly and a loud 'Awwww' echoed through the house in three voices.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the King's Cross station stood one Harry Potter in his usual green robes gripping a dark Holly staff tightly, the Celtic runes on it shined ever-so-slightly due to his excited mood. Shaking his head at his 'Grandson' he calmly led the boy over to train, sneering lightly at the blatant favoritism. He had liked Godric, had a good head on his shoulders. A stone head, but a good head, but honestly this is just ridiculous. He understood with poor Salazar's drop in fame that Godric was practically looked on as a god of Light but he expected better from Albus…He didn't know why but he did!

Shaking his head and reminding himself to have a stern chat with Albus when he got to Hogwarts tomorrow to begin his new 'job' as Defense Teacher (Something not told to Harry). Harry for his part was wondering if it was hard to get into Ravenclaw, from what his grandfather told him. Rowena took some of his books and placed them in the Ravenclaw common room. He couldn't help but wonder what –else- was hidden in that common room.

Tugging on his grandfather's robes he led him over to the train so he could get on, neither seemed to notice the strange looks they were getting. Well, Faeron did but he expected them. Honestly, he was 7'3" with a boy who, thanks to exposure to Elven magic, was a good 5'4". A good foot taller then average, something he found practically amusing as he noted he even towered over second years. He had to hold in a guffaw at this little knowledge. The fact that they are likely the only magus' in the modern magical world with staves didn't occur to the ancient mage.

Kneeling down to look Harry in the eyes with his calm and kind way, he patted his adopted grandson shoulder proudly. "Good luck my boy, remember I am but a letter away." Harry nodded eagerly, hugging the elf's midsection. "I'll write everyday Grandfather!" Faeron chuckled softly, hugging the boy lightly. At a light caw from Hedwig he released the boy, a little afraid that the hawk might get defensive of her master. Hell, she nearly pecked every maiden in Celdrasyl at least once due to them trying to get close to Harry.

Shaking his head in amusement, he ruffled Harry's shoulder length hair fondly as the boy turned and climbs onto the train with his trunk and hawk. Smiling happily, he took out his pipe and lit it. Blowing out a smoke ring. "Well, seems I'm not the only saying good bye to a grandchild." He turned toward the female voice and nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw that ghastly stuffed vulture hat staring at him, looking down he smiled at the human woman. Trying not to show his terror or nervousness about that demonic looking hat. "Augusta Longbottom." The old woman, attempted a small smile extend her hand to Faeron. Resisting the urge to run from the woman, he took the small hand and leaned down to kiss her knuckles. The name Longbottom seemed familiar…He just could put his finger on it, shaking his head of the thoughts he smiled at Augusta. "Faeron, Lady Longbottom." Augusta smiled brightly at Faeron and much to his horror blushed as she eyed him…Damn his elfish charms!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry bounced eagerly as he moved through the train, ignorant of his grandfather's current conflict. He always warned him about his charm, seven thousand years old and still getting marriage requests from maidens. Usually with out the families permission, much to his grandfather's horror.

A Ribbit brought Harry from his thoughtful search, looking down he blinked as a small brown toad hopped onto Harry's boot. Leaning down he took the toad, shrugging guessing eventually he'll meet someone missing the toad he pocketed the small Amphibian returning to his quest for the Missing Compartment. His quest came to a anti-climatic end as he reached the end of the train, humming softly as he pulled open the door and set Hedwig's cage and his trunk above his seat, he settled down opening his book and brought out a muggle ball-point pen. Sitting cross legged in the seat, he wrote into his journal in perfect Elfish.

The sound of a opening door brought him out of his thoughts, looking up he saw a rather over-weight human boy with a nervous look on his face. Looking to the boy's side, he gasped inwardly as he noticed a human goddess in the flesh! A small human girl with messy bushy brown hair, Harry was almost sure he saw little hearts floating around her. Shaking himself from his thoughts he looked up at them. "Yes?" The nervous boy shift, looking at Harry. "I…Have lost my toad, Trevor. Have you seen him?" The human managed to squeak out, 'Hmph, I like this boy! I'll have to work with that squeaking thing though.' Harry shook his head to scatter his thoughts as he shifted around in his pocket pulling out the small toad. "This him?"

The boy's lips split up in a bright smile. "Trevor!" He took the toad eagerly from Harry. "Thank you!" Harry nodded, flicking his pen toward the seat across from him. "Free to sit if you want."

The boy nodded putting away his things before sitting by the window. The girl did the same, sitting next to Harry. Much to his soon to be hormonal mind's delight. Pulling his pen from his mouth, he stuffed it away along with his journal. Smiling brightly at this, he pressed two fingers to his forehead, twisting his hand so his fingers pointed to the ground as he bowed.

The two humans looked confused at this little act but chose not to say anything. "I am Harry Potter, Apprentice of Faeron." He said, resisting the urge to say it in Elfish as would be traditional with the greeting. Looking up at them, he saw their wide eyes. Remember his so-called 'fame' in this world; he lifted the fringe of his hair revealing the lighting bolt scar.

'Twas at that moment, Harry found out how easy it would be to make people faint in this world. The girl fell against him, having past out in shock. He jumped a bit, not used to women being –that- close. He was used to a kiss greeting common amongst Satyrs and Veela but this was something else. Coughing nervously, he shifted so the girl could rest comfortably against his shoulder. The boy chose that moment to reveal his name as 'Neville Longbottom' and then was moved up to friend status by giving Harry the name of the goddess currently asleep against his shoulder as 'Hermione Granger' Harry muttered the name under his breath in Elfish, grinning widely at how beautiful it sounded in both languages. He liked this school already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humming brightly as he used his staff as a walking stick as they reached Hogwarts, he grinned widely as they approached the door to the great hall. He bounced excitedly blocking out Minerva's little speech, also blocking out the shocked look on her face when she spotted him. As they was led up to the head table, Harry ignored the strange stares he was getting as he held his staff tightly, it's light clicking mixing under the sounds of laughter and chatting. When they lined up, The Old Sorting Hat Faeron told him so much about was set before them and came to life singing his song.

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can top them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a steady mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

Harry laughed with the rest of the school, clicking his staff on the floor as a substitute for applause. Harry then chose to block out the names being called until:
"Neville Longbottom." Harry lifted his head as he saw the nervous boy settle on the stool when the hat settled on his head, he shifting nervously for a moment or two before the hat yelled out: "Hufflepuff!" Neville smiled happily as the yellow appeared on his robes along with the crest. He rushed off to the clapped and cheering table. "Hermione Granger!" (And I don't care if I screwed up the sorting order) He watched the newly named Goddess sit on the stool, unaware of the ever watchful love-struck magus. As the hat settled on her head, she shifted a bit nervously as well before the hat yelled. "Ravenclaw!" Harry grinning brightly, clicking his staff in applause with the Ravenclaw table!

"Harold Potter." Lifting his head proudly, Harry marched up to the stool. Ignoring the stares and whispers. As he settled on the chair, he folds his hands over the root knot at the tip of his staff. He rests his head lightly on his folded hands as the hat is set on him.

"Hmm, alright let's see here…Knowledge of elfish magic and culture, as well as Satyr and Veela culture and some magic. Rare for a human and…What's this? Raised by Faeron? That cunning old bastard!"

Harry laughed out loud at the hat's description for his Grandfather, 'Hello, Alexander. What House do you believe I should go?' 'Alexander' chuckled lightly. "Ravenclaw, for sure. Though Faeron seemed to make sure you had all the qualities of the Houses just to annoy me." Harry grinned and shrugged. "Very well…It shall be…RAVENCLAW!" The name of the House was roared out into the hall and was quickly followed by loud cheers and applause by his chosen house. Hopping off the stool as the hat was taking away, he smiled to the teachers especially the loudly clap Filius Flitwick. Dear old Faeron made sure he knew which teacher was which. Bowing to the teachers he turned and walked to the table. Settling down with a smile next to his goddess, Hermione. Who grinned brightly at her first friend, turning around he gave a thumbs up sign to Neville who eagerly returned it. This….Is going to be fun!
Sign up to rate and review this story