Categories > Original > Mystery

The Thin Line

by CelestialBlue 2 reviews

Nora is an ordinary, unemployed girl, who's on the search for a job to pay her house note and to support her pets. But things began taking a turn for the weird when she takes up a job offer at a lo...

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2012-02-10 - Updated: 2012-02-10 - 258 words

0Unrated
Prologue
The same dream, that I've had for weeks, came to me once again tonight. I didn't know the meaning behind the dream or even why it came to me each night, but it was like clockwork, very predictable. The only thing odd about the dream was that the beginning and middle were always the same, but sometimes, the end would be different and it seemed to depend on my mood and happenings around me.
The dream started with myself in a vast field. The wind was ever so calm as it gently lifted my hair that collected on my back and softly ruffled at the edge of my white sundress, slightly chilling my legs that were bare under the dress. The moon about blanketed my surrounds with a gentle white glow. The environment consisted of nothing more than than a few trees and lots of grass, which gently waved in the wind. There was not a cloud in the sky as I glanced at it. It was truly a relaxing and serene setting, but behind me, something just didn't feel right. It felt as if I were being watched from a distance. It wasn't necessarily comforting. Every time I'd turn to scan the area behind me, I found nothing but the same vast field that extended into the horizon. The night before, I had just stood still in the field, but on this night, I decided to explore the serene, but also discomforting setting. Little did I know, the dream would evolve further than I could imagine.
Sign up to rate and review this story