Categories > Celebrities > Cinderella

Valentine's Day Massacre

by kaylabonjovi 0 reviews

Fred Coury and Kayla have a chat during their lunch break

Category: Cinderella - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-02-12 - Updated: 2012-02-12 - 424 words - Complete

0Unrated
She'd been at Scrappe for over a week now and she felt like she was finally getting the hang of it. Of course, there were still many things she didn't know. Thank god for Fred.
He was always patient with her, no matter how many questions she asked.
Holly came into the kitchen, her hair mussed at the top, wispy strands floating around her forehead. "You're doing great today," she said to Kayla. "We sure had a rush."
Kayla nodded her head and set the plastic dish in the large industrial sink. "Saturdays are always busy in here, huh?"
"They are." Holly turned the oven off, then grabbed a pan of cooling bread. She set it on the the counter top to slice. "It dies down in the winter time."
Fred passed through the swinging doors at the front of the kitchen. "Can I take my lunch, Holly?"
"Sure. Why don't you go, too." she said to Kayla.
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, we can handle it."
Fred grabbed a sandwich from the refrigerator. "Kayla, you want one?"
"Umm... sure. Turkey, please."
He grabbed her a turkey sandwich and brought it over to the counter.
"Want to come with me outside?"
"Yeah."
They headed out the back door to the small patch of grass on the shop's lot. There was a metal table there with four bistro-style chairs. Kayla sat and Fred picked the seat across from her.
A line of elder maple trees kept the hot afternoon sun at bay. A slight breeze cooled the sweat at the nape of Kayla's neck.
"Nice day, huh?" Fred said.
"Yeah."
He ripped his sandwich in two and took a bite. "Is there something wrong?"
"It's just... it's not fair. Eric did something really sweet for Cheyenne on Valentines Day and i got nothing. I'm not selfish, but I was hoping that Tom would do a little something for me..."
He nodded before taking a drink of his soda, then, "Do you really still think that Tom likes you?"
Kayla's eyes widened. She felt her heart drop into her stomach, the acid eating away at the apex. "Fred, I-" She stopped when Fred rolled his eyes.
How could he be acting like this? Fred was supposed to support her, not make her feel worthless. All she wanted was to feel important, like she meant enough to Tom to receive a chocolate heart on Valentines Day.

(all my posts can be found on my main page. i apprechiate comments and followers, thanks for reading! :) http://thegame1985.blogspot.com/
Sign up to rate and review this story