Categories > Celebrities > Cinderella

Another Day, Another Dollar

by kaylabonjovi 0 reviews

Kayla finds something unexpected in Fred's car

Category: Cinderella - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-02-12 - Updated: 2012-02-12 - 313 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kayla was sitting on the front porch when Fred pulled up along the curb.
She'd never really thought of a car as a reflection of the driver, but this car seemed to present Fred. There was not a single spot of dirt on the gleaming black body of the 1962 Chevy Impala. The chrome rims reflected the green grass on the front lawn.
Kayla headed down the front walk to the curb just as Fred got out. He was in a plain, white, cut-off shirt, his eyes hidden by thick sunglasses.
He leaned against the car, crossing his arms over the roof.
"Fred, you're late." Kayla said, watching as Fred came around to the passenger side.
"I'm sorry,"-he held the door open for her-"The guys were over and refused to leave until i bought them food. you know how they can be sometimes. moochers."
Kayla slid inside on the bright-red leather bench seat and looked at the interior of the car. There was no trash on the floorboards, no ashtray filled with cigarette buds. As Fred went around to the driver's side, Kayla glanced in the back seat. There was a plastic shopping bag and a worn copy of Romeo and Juliet.
Fred got in behind the wheel and started the car. A local radio station played soft jazz music across the speakers. He put the car in drive and took off.
Through the corner of her eye, Kayla noticed something laying on the floorboard beside her leather boots.
"Fred, what the hell!" Kayla kicked the laced bra beneath the seat, out of sight.
"What?" Fred said.
"A bra? You should have cleaned out your car, skank!"
Fred laughed. "Okay, Kayla. I'll try to remember next time."
"Jesus Christ, Fred..."
(All my stories can be found on my main page. i apprechiate comments and followers, thanks for reading! :) http://thegame1985.blogspot.com/
Sign up to rate and review this story