Categories > Celebrities > Cinderella

Deep Purple

by kaylabonjovi 0 reviews

Kayla is still daydreaming about the day Tom and herself will get together.

Category: Cinderella - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-02-12 - Updated: 2012-02-12 - 555 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kayla looked out the kitchen window to the driveway, where the sounds of a bouncing basketball made her heart literally leap into her throat. Fred hardly ever played basketball by himself, which mean...


Tom.


Knees bent, arms raised, he tossed a free throw at the hoop. it didn't even hit the rim as it feel through the net.


Kayla wanted to be out there. She wanted to joke around with him. She wanted to tell him that she was crazy in love with him, too.


But she couldn't.


Kayla closed her eyes and sucked in a weary breath. She liked Tom so much that sometimes it hurt just thinking about him. Longing was defiantly an unpleasant emotion.


When she opened her eyes, the guys were gone and the basketball was silent. The back door opened and their voices carried down the hallway.


Kayla went rigid.


Fred was the first one into the kitchen. He gave her a brotherly shove. "How's it goin?"


She parted her lips to respond but suddenly Tom was there, looking at her, his hair a perfect mess and his bangs sticking to his forehead as sweat rolled down his cheek.


It was like the buttery yellow kitchen walls blurred and there was only her and Tom. She wanted to say so many things to him right now. And her heart beat frantically as her mind thought about the hundred different confessions.


I can't, she thought and turned away.


"Hey," Fred said, pulling open the fridge, "did i tell you me and Tom are throwing you a birthday party?"


Kayla glanced over at Fred. "Umm...no."


Her birthday was on a Saturday this year. Usually her roommates bought her a cake and ice cream and pizza, but Fred had been talking about an end-of-the-summer bash/birthday party for Kayla over the last seven months. Now he was going on tour with Cinderella in the winter, so evidently he wanted to throw that party before it was too late.


But even more surprising-Fred said that Tom was helping him throw the party. Was that because he'd volunteered? Or because Fred roped him into it?


Tom hasn't spoken to Kayla since that night. He'd barley looked at her, now he was helping plan her birthday party? Yeah, right. Fred defiantly forced him.


Fred threw Tom a cold bottle of water and then turned back to Kayla. "The party will be choice! i promise. We'll make it great, huh, Tom?"


"Yeah," was all he said.


"We're out." Fred waved at Tom to follow him out of the kitchen.


Tom didn't hesitate. He surged forward, passing Kayla. she watched him go and couldn't help but notice his scent lingering just behind him as he left.


She wished she could curl into him and stay there for hours, his arms wrapped around her. She hadn't had a guy hold her since Steven. That was seven months ago now. She was practically a nun.


Of course, if she really wanted a guy, she could probably go out and find one. She could probably talk Fred into holding her at the very least. But she knew, deep down, it wouldn't be the same. Not if it wasn't Tom.
(my posts can be found on my main page. i apprechiate comments and followers, thanks for reading! :) http://thegame1985.blogspot.com/
Sign up to rate and review this story