Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep It Running

Chapter 9

by sixbucksandadrpepper 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-02-12 - Updated: 2012-02-12 - 1269 words

0Unrated

Chapter 9

Gerard's POV

Sunlight poured into the living room, blinding my tired eyes when I blinked them open. My head was throbbing, and I felt the need to puke. I slapped a hand over my mouth and sprinted to the bathroom where I immediately emptied my insides into the toilet bowl. After two solid minutes of heaving, I sat back and leaned against the wall, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. Eck. I suppose I must've drunk too much last night. But I'd had fun. Em and I had started drinking together, getting tipsy and dancing all over the place. Then we'd... oh. What had we done after that? I couldn't remember. I think I'd lost track of her after that, and then I passed out. I guess I should go find her. I left the bathroom after rising out my mouth and looked around. There were empty bottles everywhere, and there were still a few sleeping people on the floor. I shook my head. Some people had no qualms. Em wasn't among the sleepers, so I checked the other rooms. By the time I'd searched the whole house, I'd found Mikey asleep in a closet, Ray and Bob asleep in Bob's room, but no Emerson. Or Frank, for that matter. Mikey helped me continue looking, and we finally found her sleeping in the sand by the burnt out fire. Mikey left me to wake her and went off in search of Frank. I placed a hand on Em's shoulder, shaking it lightly. Her eyes flew open and she sat up sharply.

"The fuck? Oh, Ger- owww!" Em grabbed her head, wincing at the pain of her hangover. I laughed and pulled her into a hug.

"Morning, love.Sleep well?" I kidded. She froze and then jerked backwards, her eyes wide. My smile dropped.

"What's wrong, Em?"

"I- oh god.Gerard."

"What's going on?"

Em buried her face in her hands. "Oh man, I'm such a slut! Frank he- he kissed me! And he said that he loved me!But- but I kissed him back! I didn't stop him. I'm so sorry," she wailed. Ijust stared at her. She and Frank had kissed? But how could they? I felt my hands ball up into fists. Calm down, Gerard. They were drunk. They didn't know any better. I swallowed hard before speaking.

"You kissed him back?" I asked sadly. When she nodded, I felt my heart sink. "Oh, Em.Why? Do you love him?"

She shook her head frantically. "No!I didn't know what I was doing! We were both drunk. I know better than anyone that that's no excuse. I don't love him. You're the only person in this world Icould ever love like that. Gerard, I love you so much it hurts." She squeezed her eyes shut, a few fat tears sliding down her cheeks. I sighed. There was no way I could stay mad at her. I loved her too much. But Frank...Anger boiled inside of me at the thought of him.

"Do you hate me now?"

I looked up, surprised. Em was peering at me from behind her dark hair, tears still shining in her eyes. I reached out to envelope her in a tight hug.

"I could never hate you. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. There's no way in hell I could hate you. I'm just kind of disappointed. And angry at Frank for trying something like that."

Em sniffed loudly and squeezed me tight."I love you, Gee."

I kissed the top of her head. "I love you too. Now let's get you inside." She nodded in agreement, and I pulled her to her feet. Her hand found mine, and our fingers laced together. Em smiled at me and we started towards the house.

Emerson's POV

Thank god. Gerard didn't hate me. Ipeeked up at him walking beside me, our hands locked. A contented smile rested on his lips. I resisted the urge to grab him right there and kiss him. We were nearly to the house when I felt Gerard stiffen, his hand tightening on mine. Ilooked ahead to see Mikey striding towards us, Frank in tow. Shit.

"I found him asleep in a bush,"Mikey piped up cheerfully, oblivious to the daggers Gerard was shooting Frank with his eyes.

"I wish you wouldn't have found him at all," Gerard hissed. Mikey looked from Frank to Gerard and back again.

"What? Why?" he asked, confused.

Gerard let go of my hand and stepped towards Frank menacingly. "Because this fucker thinks he can take advantage of my Em when she's drunk!" his voice rose in volume.

Mikey looked at Frank in astonishment. "Really?"

Frank's mouth hung open, bewildered. "I only kissed her! That's all..." he looked around helplessly.

"That's all?! Oh because, you know, sucking face with the girl I'm in love with doesn't matter at all, is that it?" Gerard shouted, taking another step towards Frank.

"I- Gerard! I shouldn't have done that, okay? It was a moment of weakness! I can't help that I have feelings for her too... hey!"

Gerard lept on Frank, tackling him to the ground. Mikey jumped out of the way and Iscreamed, trying to get Gerard's attention. I was NOT going to watch him beat his best friend to a pulp. Gerard threw punch after punch at Frank, first to his stomach then to his face. Frank desperately swung back, sending blood spraying from busted lips and noses. The red spattered the boys' pale skin and clothes. I tried to rush in and separate them, but it was no use.

"Mikey!" I cried. "Call the fucking police. They're going to kill each other!" Mikey rushed inside and I began to sob. They were going to arrest Gee when they got here if this got much worse. Iheard Frank let out a strangled cry as Gerard delivered a particularly hard punch to his groin. As Gee's fist was poised to strike again, a burly Bob catapulted on top of them, tackling Gerard. Gee struggled against his hold and spit in Frank's direction, bright red blood coming with it. Ray ran to Frank to help him up. I sank to the ground, tears pouring from my eyes. Mikey wrapped his arms around me, trying to lend some comfort. I looked up and glared at Gerard. He refused to meet my eye.

A few minutes later, two police officers hurried out, one running to Frank, the other to Gerard. I pulled myself up off the ground to go speak to the cop tending to Gerard.

"Afternoon, miss. Can you tell me what happened here?" he asked, peering at me curiously.

"Um, yes I can. My boyfriend," I paused, gesturing to Gerard, "got pissed off because Frank over there kissed me last night. He's uh, really sweet but can have quite a temper." I felt Gerard looking at me, but I refused to look up.

"I see. Just a squabble that got a bit out of control, is that it?" the officer asked kindly. I nodded.

"Just amisunderstanding, sir."

"You know what? I think I'll let these two go. But miss, I'm going to have to ask you to step out to my squad car."

My jaw dropped. "What? Why?"

"She's not going anywhere with you!" Gerard growled, putting an arm around me protectively. "She hasn't done anything!"

The officer regarded Gerard coolly. "As a matter of fact, she has done something. This is Emerson Renee Quick, the runaway from New Jersey. And you're Gerard Arthur Way, the boy she ran away with."







Sign up to rate and review this story