Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > Perfect Chaos

Reunion

by Montymouse 0 reviews

To some, waking up in a strange bed with a beautiful young woman is a dream come true. Only in Ranma's case does the woman happen to be royalty armed with a large bladed weapon.

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance - Characters: Ranma - Published: 2005-05-24 - Updated: 2005-05-24 - 4084 words

2Original
Ranma ½/Sailor Moon/Slayers Crossover Fanfiction
Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½, Sailor Moon or Slayers Anime/Manga. Ranma ½ belongs to the lovely Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi and finally Slayers belongs to Hajime Kanzaka. This story is created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from writing this.
" " Speech
[ ] Thoughts
Perfect Chaos
By Montymouse
Chapter One - Reunion
*
A young pigtailed man slowly regained consciousness. His eyes fluttered open to the sounds of a songbird, trilling joyously as he tried to sit upright from where he awoke. He noticed that he was lying on a couch of purple velvet bed with soft plush cushions around him. Getting to his feet, he looked around and soon became aware that he was in some sort of palace or citadel from his keen observations of the grand designs on the architecture and the way that the chamber was furnished from his experience. The songbirds, whose sleek feathers were a warm burnished gold, were perched on the outside balcony resplendent against the warm orange canopy of a sky with three moons orbiting the atmosphere. Walking towards the balcony, he looked out to admire the scenery in front of him, which at that point something clicked in his mind.
[Hang on a second? Orange sky! Three Moons!] He suddenly thought and became even more surprised when he happened to look down to see what he was actually wearing.
[What the hell! I don't usually wear this!] He thought and took a step back from the balcony and immediately turned his attention to a large golden full-length mirror that was next to the balcony.
He was cladded in a strange, outlandish clothes made of the finest material with some sort of royal emblem or insignia on his right shoulder. A pair of silver chains ran across his left shoulder down to his waist. On his feet was a pair of black slippers, which were supple and very comfortable. On his arms was a pair of silver bracers. As he moved around the chamber, he felt and notice a beautiful crafted sword that was belted to his waist, sheathed in a silver jewelled scabbard and, with a shock, he realised that somehow he knew how to use it skilfully and with deadly effect.
The young pigtailed man sat back down on the soft bed, rubbing his forehead as he tried to collect his thoughts and memories on what happened. The last time he had been conscious was when Ryoga, Kuno and Mousse who decided to gang up on him ambushed him. As the songbird trilled, he tried in vain to recall memories and of events leading up to that point but everything was hazy and distant. One thing he did know for sure was that he wasn't in Nerima but on a completely different planet!
He also knew that he was trained in the art of swordplay and had reached a level of mastery that was starting to scare him. Another thing that bothered him was that he couldn't actually remember who had trained him or why? The hilt of the sword fit his hand snugly, which indicated it was his sword. Drawing the sword, he examined the finely crafted blade and gave it a few strokes to test the balance and weight. Suddenly a wave of information about various techniques and stances with the sword flooded his mind. The next thing, he knew it was that he was started to lung and parry, marvelling at how the sword cut through the air faster even than his roasting chestnut technique and without a sound.
[Damn, how the hell did I become so good?] He thought and finished his short display by spinning his sword, sheathing the blade in one smooth motion and sat down again, still trying to figure out how he managed to do it. A small smirk ran across his face as he thought of what would Kuno's reaction might be when he beat him at his own game that is, if he manages to return back to Nerima.
His trail of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by a sudden gasp behind him. Slightly startled by the sound, Ranma swiftly got up and turned around to the general direction of noise. Not knowing if it was friend or foe, he casually got into a defensive stance, ready for anything. His hand moved towards the hilt of his sword like it was second nature to him.
Standing opposite him was a beautiful, pale skinned young woman with long dark purple hair, wearing dark flowing robes. A circlet of sparkling silver was around her head as well as numerous silver charms on her necklace. She also had some sort of symbol on her forehead. The way she was dressed and appearance would have made her look like a Princess of some sort if it hadn't been for the very long and thin pole arm weapon in her left gloved hand.
"Who are you? And what are you doing here!" she demanded, gripping her glaive in both hands and her feet placed firmly apart in an offensive stance.
He took a step back as he could tell from her body movement and stance that she was very well trained in her pole arm weapon. Her eyes were cold and focused on him, ready to attack on the slightest of movement.
The moment she got a good look at his face, surprise and shock appeared on her face, which was then followed by a look of joy and relief as she dropped her glaive weapon and rushed forward towards him.
"Ran! You came back like you promised! Where have you been?" she exclaimed as she surprised him by glomping onto him tightly and began to cry softly into his chest.
For no particular reason, he took his hand off the pommel of his word and instinctually wrapped his right arm around her and gently led her to the side of the bed, quietly whispering into her ear to stop crying. Wiping her tears with the back of his left hand, he strangely felt a deep connection with her that h never felt before. Akane was pale compared to what he was beginning to feel for her. One of his main weaknesses, he had found, was that he had the habit of giving in at the mere sight of a crying girl. Even if he knew that it was an emotional lure to lower his guard, he would still try to offer her as much comfort as possible rather than walking away.
Ranma was about to ask who she was and how had he got here when all of sudden a tidal wave of memories rushed through his head, revealing how he had met her when she was on the verge of suicidal depression.
He remembered how he had become her first friend and since then became the best of friends. He then saw their relationship becoming more than friendship over the years to come. The Queen of Saturn then engaged him to her after seeing her daughter would become quiet and distant when he wasn't around. She would always wait for him to turn up and when he did, she would immediately rush towards him every time the royal herald announced his arrival. He saw his own reaction when he realised that the slightly tomboyish cute girl he had been dating over the last few years was actually the Princess of Saturn and blossomed into a strong and caring beautiful woman.
No wonder then, that there was always an heavily armed escort of Saturn Royal Guards on standby near her and that she was able to enter the palace without being questioned or stopped by the guards. If this was anyone apart from Ranma Saotome, alarm bells should have rung in their head. This really didn't change much to their relationship and happily accepted the royal engagement, much to his surprised. He then saw the memories when he had had to leave her to search for something but couldn't remember what and promised her that he would be back no matter what it took.
*Flashback*
"Ran, why do you have to go? When will you be back?" The Princess of Saturn asked as she walked aside her fiancee/consort towards a silver sleek spacecraft that was in middle of being refuelled and rearmed.
Ran stopped and stared deeply into her purple eyes, removing a glow to caress her cheek. The Princess sighed in content at his touch.
"I won't be long, just a couple of months," Ran said softly, seeing the pleading in her eyes for him to stay here on Saturn.
"But why? Can't someone else do this? There are people who are trained for this and . . . " she said, holding onto his hand with hers.
Ran silenced her by tilting her head up and giving her a deep kiss on the lips, which lasted a few moments. The Princess was left breathless afterwards, blushing bright red, as she had never expected him to do such a bold show of affection especially in public. Looking around she saw that there was no one around to see them together and besides, if anyone did, she wouldn't be bothered as she was with the one she loved.
Ran reached into his top pocket and took out a pearl white bracelet. He then kiss her forehead whilst placing the bracelet in palm of her hand. "Here, take this, I shall be back to collect it after my trip. Afterwards, we shall be together for all eternity, that I promise," Ran said to calm down her anxiety and fears.
The Princess nodded and as Ran was about to board his ship, he was instantly pulled down to her level for a passionate kiss.
"What was that for? Not that I'm complaining," Ran smiled, as they parted from each other.
"Something to remember me by, be back soon," she giggled and ran off to a safe distance. Ran smiled and touched his lips before turning around.
[I will never forget you.] Ran thought and headed towards his ship. He didn't see a couple of hooded figures hidden in shadows near the hanger bays.
*End of Flashback*
Ranma blinked as the Princess tightened her hug around him, bringing his attention back. He knew that these memories were real. Otherwise he would have sensed any magical tampering or insertions from his experience when dealing with the Amazons or a certain Nabiki Tendo.
"Yes, I'm back just like I promised, Hotaru. Sorry for taking so long." Ranma whispered in her ear, hugging her back, running his hand through her long silky black hair. Ranma was surprised at his action as he had never really hugged someone by his own will, but right now it seemed so right for him to do so with her.
"It's all right, I would've have waited for all eternity," She whispered, parting slight to show him the bracelet that he had given her.
The Princess of Saturn then sighed in content and smiled as she was reunited with the one person who didn't care about her fearsome reputation or royal status as the Senshi of Saturn. He just cared for her who she was.
Suddenly without warning, a whole company rushed into the chamber, each one dressed in purple and black uniform with silver breastplate and bracers. Each armed with either swords or pikes as they surrounded the Princess and the pigtailed stranger. Ranma looked around, and held the Princess around her waist, protectively. Scratching the base of his pigtail in hesitation.
"Err . . . sorry about this?" Ranma meekly said while Hotaru started to giggle softly at his sudden embarrassment before blushing soon afterwards.
A tall dark hair man approached the couple and sheathed his sword. He then saluted before bowing forward in respect. Ran guessed that he was the Captain of the Saturn Guard, as he was slightly dressed different than the rest.
"Lord Commander Ran Greystar, Grandmaster, and Royal Consort to the Princess of Saturn." He said and signalled to his men to lower or sheathe their weapons.
"The Queen wishes to see you, Lord Ran." He stated, smiling that he had come back to the Princess, as she was becoming more distant by the day with everyone around her since her departure. Now that Ran was here, everything would go back to normal.
Ranma gulped quietly and looked towards the Princess, realising that he was still holding onto her. Hotaru gave a reassuring smile that everything was going to all right as they were both escorted by the Saturn Guard to the throne room.
*
Elsewhere in the universe, in a dark circular room which in the centre of the room was a circle of bright light from an undetermined source. Two beings appeared from the shadows and approached each other.
"Welcome, Eldar Father," she bowed slightly as a sign of respect. "I see you have chosen the one who would represent us?" said one, a pale female figure enfolded in a swirling robe of many colours, her facial features and figure well hidden beneath her robes. For a brief instant we catch a glimpse of her face. Which was pale. Perfectly smooth, and a hairless head, but the most startling feature of her was that she had no eyes.
"Yes, indeed. It is a rare occasion for us to meet like this, everything is changing wherever we like it or not, Time." He said, returning the gesture.
"The cosmic scales has been tipped too far and it is not for us to interfere. We cannot fight they who would bring death and destruction to our universe." The other figure said. His voice was soft and ageless in an ancient white haired man, heavy with knowledge and wisdom, wise beyond his years.
"Under sacred laws we are forbidden to interfere so we shall use our tried and test way that we have used for aeons . . . mortals. I shall not say whether he shall succeed or not as we do not have the power to change his destiny, we can only offer him guidance."
Time nodded. "I understand, but what if we made a mistake in choosing him, maybe he isn't strong enough for our cause. What if the mortal fails at the first hurdle, what then?"
"Then the universe will fail into the darkness and be damned for all eternity." He simply answered,
[He doesn't waste time with his answers, does he?] Time thought, remaining quiet for a few seconds.
"We are taking a serious risk in choosing only one. Perhaps there is another?" She asked.
"There is no one else apart from the second child of chaos" Eldest Father replied, "Have you made the necessary changes to the timeline to support him without any conflicts or paradoxes?" He asked.
Time nodded slowly, "Yes, its been done but . . . "
"But what?" he asked knowing what was on her mind.
"It's too much of a risk to take for just only two mortals to fight for our cause; the chances of his failing are too high. We haven't found the second mortal yet, so why are we sending him first? He might fail!"
"He won't, it's not in his nature to fail," a smooth but mischievous voice was heard.
Time and Eldest Father looked around to find the source, as they thought it a secure place for a private and secure conversation but relaxed as they saw . . .
A third person stepping in to interrupted time's sentence. Dressed in completely black robes with hanging silver chains across his shoulder and waist, his face was completely hidden by a shroud of swirling dark energy as he stepped into the circle of light.
"Ah, Chaos." Eldest Father said, welcoming him into the discussion, "I was wondering when you would turn up. Do you know something that we do not?" He asked, knowing that Chaos would find out about this meeting eventually.
The black robed figure shook his head slightly. "I do not."
"So what makes you so sure that he will succeed?" Time asked.
"Call it a gut feeling." He said, smirking.
"You cannot place your opinion on a gut feeling, that's the way of a mortal would do. It is absolutely obscure to place one's opinion or decision without hard evidence." She replied, a bit annoyed by his laid back appearance.
"So? Fate and Destiny does this all the time, why should I be different?" Chaos said, arms crossed against his chest, waiting for Time's reply.
" . . . " Time stopped and thought about what he had said as he had a point there, "But still . . . "
"Chaos and Time." He said to get their attention, "We shall watch from afar as we have done since the beginning of time . . . no pun intended." Eldest father whispered the last part to her quietly.
Time nodded, "You'd be surprised how often I hear that."
"All that I can say is that if he succeeds then we shall meet again here in this same spot. If he fails, well, it's been nice to see you for the last time." He replied solemnly, stepping back into the shadows.
The eyeless and swirling chaotic immortals nodded and took a few steps back and melted back into the shadows.
"At least he will keep his promise that he made with his free will." Chaos whispered.
"What was that?" Time asked.
"Oh . . . it's nothing."
"You're up to something aren't you!" Time accused him.
Chaos put up a fake smile, "Would I lie to you?" Hands raised in warding gestures.
Time sighed, "I'm going to keep a close eye on you, so watch it." She said before walking off in the opposite direction.
Chaos grinned and walked away.
*
Nerima, Furinkan High
Akane couldn't believe it as she stared at the crystal shard in her hands, which had once been clear and shiny, now a dull piece of glass.
The rest of the students stared with astonishment and shock at what had just happened a few minutes ago.
Shampoo was absolutely furious and would have killed her in an instant if it weren't for Ryoga and Mousse holding her back - just. Cologne had arrived after she picked up a strange power signature and was busy finding out what had actually happened. According to Nabiki's account, Akane said something about Ranma before being consumed by a ball of vivid blue and white energy which had appeared from nowhere before he had the chance to react.
Then the energy ball dissipated, leaving no trace of Ranma Saotome, icon of Chaos and of course the greatest and only gender changing martial artist of Nerima.
Cologne hopped towards Akane and prodded her with her walking stick, demanding what she had actually done, but judging by the amount of magical energies saturating the atmosphere, it would be difficult bring back her son in law back from where he'd been sent.
"Now listen to me, child. I don't know what actually happened here, so kindly tell me, what did you just do?" Cologne asked. She noticing that Shampoo was trying to make Roast Duck while Ukyo had just given Kuno a very short haircut.
Akane snapped out of her trance and started to shake the Amazon Elder, "Cologne, you must get that Baka back!"
Cologne sighed and quickly pressed some pressure points to release her grip and paralyse her temporary.
"Now tell me what happened?" Cologne repeated her question.
"That Baka got me so mad that I wished that he never existed, then the crystal started to glow brighter by the second. Then he just disappeared in a ball of light," Akane replied.
Cologne then stared at the dull crystal shard, "Where did you get that?"
"I just found it in the morning beside my bed and . . . " Akane glared at the Amazon Elder. "It was you, wasn't it! You planted the crystal to get rid of me didn't but it backfired, ha!" Akane said and would have tried to mallet Cologne if it weren't for her being paralysed.
Cologne then knocked Akane out with her staff and shook her head, "No, child. I wasn't responsible for this . . . but I will find out what this is." Cologne picked up the crystal shard and made her way back to the Nekohanten, closely followed by Mousse and Shampoo.
[Unseen forces are at work. I can sense it.] Cologne thought, glancing at the crystal in her hand, wondering how that ill-tempered girl had managed to get hold of a powerful artefact.
Akane's story she found too hard to believe. The crystal shard contained a powerful unwritten spell, and to her knowledge only five shards were thought to exist, representing a white star and scattered throughout time and space. Someone was responsible for the disappearance of son in law, but who?
Nabiki just sighed and started to drag her unconscious sister to the nurse's office while the rest of the students departed to their classes. Ryoga was nowhere to be seen while Ukyo simply enter the school without stopping to investigate what had just happened.
*
Somewhere in the deepest region of space on an uninhabited dead world, there was a group of people plotting to destroy the Moon Kingdom and take over the universe.
A shadowy figure approached the throne and went down to one knee.
"We have a problem." He said, looking up at her.
She nodded, "I know. What I am asking . . . how is this possible? You said he was destroyed by our ambush and now I find him back and reunited with the Saturn Princess." She replied, glaring at him full force.
The figure looked down to avoid eye contact. "We are still trying to find out, your majesty. Would you have us to try again?" he suggested.
"No, for now we shall watch him. Continued as planned." She says.
"As you wished." He said, getting up and stepping back into the shadows.
*
Meanwhile in Juuban
Setsuna Meiou aka Sailor Pluto, the loyal Senshi of Time or the manipulative bitch was walking down the stairs in her house and for the first time in ages was in high spirits as the massive migraine she had been suffering for ages had suddenly disappeared when she woke up. She was merrily humming to herself and was about to check on the Time Gate to see what had happened and the cause for her sudden disappearance of her headache.
The once potentially stress free day was suddenly shattered when she heard a shriek and scream in the living room and instinctually grabbed her pen and shouted out her transformation words.
"Pluto Planet Power, Make Up"
There in the living was Ten'ou Haruka and Kaiou Michiru on one side of the living room.
"WHAT'S WRONG?" Pluto demanded from them and they responded by pointing to the far corner of the room where Hotaru Tomoe aka the Senshi of the Silence . . .
Hotaru Tomoe was starting to fade away out of existence. Haruka tried to grab her in a desperate attempt to stop it but she just went straight through her and crashed against the wall, while Michiru was trying frantically to think of a solution to prevent their adopted daughter from disappearing. Setsuna just watched helplessly, as Hotaru vanished into thin air.
"Setsuna, why didn't you do anything?" An angry Haruka demanded as she had just watched their daughter disappear in front of them without lifting a finger.
"What would you have me to do?" Pluto said in almost mocking tone.
Haruka was about to knock the green haired Senshi out for that remark but was stopped by Michiru, "Pluto, we must do something, we have to get her back. She may be in danger?" She said with tears threatening to come out.
Pluto nodded and bought up communicator and switched it one, revealing a blond two-ponytail girl on the screen, "Princess, we have a situation and we need to call a emergency meeting."
Usagi yawned loudly and glanced up at her cloak. "But it's only seven o'clock and I have school to go to and . . . " she started to complain.
"NOW!" Setsuna said in an authoritative voice.
"EEK! Alright, meet us at the temple in half a hour." Usagi said, rushing about her room, getting changed and calling the other Senshi.
Pluto closed the communicator and sighed.
[Sometimes I do wonder if she is really is our Princess.] Pluto thought and teleported to the Gates of Time to find out the cause of Hotaru sudden disappearance and her headache.
TBC . . .
*


Sign up to rate and review this story